Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hart 23:51 - Aug 7 with 2677 viewsMyke

Anyone reading my recent posts would know I am not a huge fan of Joe Hart. But if nothing else the £3.5 m Burnley just paid for the premier league, former (recent) England international keeper, should put to bed the notion that we undervalued our lower-championship, uncapped keeper when selling him to Cardiff
Hart on 01:21 - Aug 8 with 2617 viewssmegma

No. The correct action is to slaughter both Evil Les AND Lee Hoos. And you MUST criticise them both for the FFP fine despite them arriving after the season that we couldn't count properly.
Hart on 07:12 - Aug 8 with 2485 viewskingsburyR

Was it just one season?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Hart on 07:48 - Aug 8 with 2443 viewsblacky200

Hart on 07:12 - Aug 8 by kingsburyR

Was it just one season?

Even more reason to blame them if they were callous enough not to join us sooner.
Hart on 08:36 - Aug 8 with 2366 viewssimmo

Hart - a keeper well past his best that for the last 2 seasons has been dropped by both the clubs that loaned him for being shit and whose parent club are desperate to shift him as a 3rd choice keeper on their books

Smithies - a keeper in his prime, in the middle of his contract, with multiple seasons of good form behind him who was the best player for their parent club.

I fail to see your comparison, it's much better to compare other keepers that have gone for 3-4 times as much as Smithies from this league that aren't as good or as important to their clubs.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Hart on 08:49 - Aug 8 with 2341 viewsTheChef

And there was me thinking Burnley knew what they were doing.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hart on 09:14 - Aug 8 with 2292 views1MoreBrightonR

I also fail to see the comparison...but mainly because one keeper is completely untested in the premier league and the club where he has proven himself is one near the foot of the championship.

Hart is terrible, but he has played at a different level to Smithies for years. We can say what we like about how amazing smithies was for us, but he's a massive risk as a bigger club has no idea how he will perform in that sort of pressure and against that sort of quality of opposition.
Hart on 09:19 - Aug 8 with 2277 viewsstevec

Hart on 09:14 - Aug 8 by 1MoreBrightonR

I also fail to see the comparison...but mainly because one keeper is completely untested in the premier league and the club where he has proven himself is one near the foot of the championship.

Hart is terrible, but he has played at a different level to Smithies for years. We can say what we like about how amazing smithies was for us, but he's a massive risk as a bigger club has no idea how he will perform in that sort of pressure and against that sort of quality of opposition.

This is true. Paddy Kenny was excellent in our promotion season, not so in the Premier.
Hart on 09:29 - Aug 8 with 2249 viewsJamesB1979

Would have thought Joe “I know what I bring to this England side” Hart’s wage would be ever so slightly higher both at previous and now new club compared to Smithies. So, 3.5m fee but imagine Burnley spending a hefty chunk on wages. Know they have injuries but doesn’t seem like a “Burnley” signing.
Login to get fewer ads

Hart on 09:32 - Aug 8 with 2243 viewsLunarJetman

Hart on 09:29 - Aug 8 by JamesB1979

Would have thought Joe “I know what I bring to this England side” Hart’s wage would be ever so slightly higher both at previous and now new club compared to Smithies. So, 3.5m fee but imagine Burnley spending a hefty chunk on wages. Know they have injuries but doesn’t seem like a “Burnley” signing.

Or Hart was so desperate to play he agreed to lower wages to fit into the Burnley model?
Hart on 09:37 - Aug 8 with 2230 viewsJamesB1979

Hart on 09:32 - Aug 8 by LunarJetman

Or Hart was so desperate to play he agreed to lower wages to fit into the Burnley model?

Could also be true of course but his wage at City was 125k a week so be a big drop I would have thought to fit in with their model.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 9:40]
Hart on 09:43 - Aug 8 with 2205 viewsdannyblue

Definitely the ‘low’ fee will reflect the high wages he’s on.
Hart on 10:08 - Aug 8 with 2158 viewsngbqpr

Three England keepers at Burnley. That'll really test the resolve of the "Goalkeepers union / we all support each other whoever's in the team" when all are fit.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Hart on 10:18 - Aug 8 with 2130 viewsenfieldargh

Hart on 10:08 - Aug 8 by ngbqpr

Three England keepers at Burnley. That'll really test the resolve of the "Goalkeepers union / we all support each other whoever's in the team" when all are fit.

shows how the gulf in finances grows once you get established in the prem and dont go giving long stupid contracts out

3.5m for a stand-in keeper who may recapture his form. they can afford to have him as a stand-in as Pope & Heaton both injured and if he comes good demand massive fee for either heaton or Pope

Still sticks in the throat though

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Hart on 11:24 - Aug 8 with 2065 viewsdaveB

Hart is far from terrible, he's not one of the best keepers around these days but has won 2 premier league titles, loads of caps for England and is more than good enough to play in the prem
Hart on 11:49 - Aug 8 with 2019 viewsTheChef

Hart on 11:24 - Aug 8 by daveB

Hart is far from terrible, he's not one of the best keepers around these days but has won 2 premier league titles, loads of caps for England and is more than good enough to play in the prem

I think West Ham fans would beg to differ.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hart on 12:12 - Aug 8 with 1980 viewsrobith

Hart on 08:36 - Aug 8 by simmo

Hart - a keeper well past his best that for the last 2 seasons has been dropped by both the clubs that loaned him for being shit and whose parent club are desperate to shift him as a 3rd choice keeper on their books

Smithies - a keeper in his prime, in the middle of his contract, with multiple seasons of good form behind him who was the best player for their parent club.

I fail to see your comparison, it's much better to compare other keepers that have gone for 3-4 times as much as Smithies from this league that aren't as good or as important to their clubs.

Hart is 31, Smithies 28. That's a bit of an extreme reaction.

Look at it from the outside - Hart has played at international tournaments, in the CL, in title races. Smithies saved some penalties for a team that kept finishing 16th in the championship.

I know it hurts, but everyone else didn't rate him as highly as we did.
Hart on 12:42 - Aug 8 with 1930 viewsbob566

A good hart these days is hard to find
Hart on 13:20 - Aug 8 with 1877 viewsrobith

Hart on 12:42 - Aug 8 by bob566

A good hart these days is hard to find

Everybody's got a hungry hart
Hart on 14:28 - Aug 8 with 1806 viewssimmo

Hart on 12:12 - Aug 8 by robith

Hart is 31, Smithies 28. That's a bit of an extreme reaction.

Look at it from the outside - Hart has played at international tournaments, in the CL, in title races. Smithies saved some penalties for a team that kept finishing 16th in the championship.

I know it hurts, but everyone else didn't rate him as highly as we did.

Age has nothing to do with it, Hart is absolutely shite and been in decline for years. He may well be good enough at a lower level but in the PL he's proven as not being good. He couldn't keep his place at West Ham FFS.

How highly we rate Smithies / how important he was to us personally should have come into the price we should have sold him for, Citeh lose absolutely nothing by letting Hart go, where as we've lost our most experienced Championship starter and best player.

I'm not getting into the Smithies thing again cos he's gone now, etc, but a shit keeper being bought on the basis of what he did pre-2015 for roughly the same price we undersold our keeper is not justification of anything

Hart on 14:50 - Aug 8 with 1785 viewsblacky200

Hart on 14:28 - Aug 8 by simmo

Age has nothing to do with it, Hart is absolutely shite and been in decline for years. He may well be good enough at a lower level but in the PL he's proven as not being good. He couldn't keep his place at West Ham FFS.

How highly we rate Smithies / how important he was to us personally should have come into the price we should have sold him for, Citeh lose absolutely nothing by letting Hart go, where as we've lost our most experienced Championship starter and best player.

I'm not getting into the Smithies thing again cos he's gone now, etc, but a shit keeper being bought on the basis of what he did pre-2015 for roughly the same price we undersold our keeper is not justification of anything

Must admit I'm getting a bit fed up with the stick the club is getting for Smithies transfer. While Smithies didn't go for what we expected (possibly, as Lee Hoos said it was undisclosed and he intimated that it was higher than being reported). We can only sell for what is being offered. We don't know the ins and outs of what went on. Did Smithies want to go? If a player wants to leave for a Prem club can we realistically stand in his way? Did he have a release clause in his contract?
I think that evil Les and Lee Hoos got the most money they could for a player that wanted to leave. Its not like there was a long list of clubs queued up for his signature.
Hart on 16:17 - Aug 8 with 1723 viewssimmo

Hart on 14:50 - Aug 8 by blacky200

Must admit I'm getting a bit fed up with the stick the club is getting for Smithies transfer. While Smithies didn't go for what we expected (possibly, as Lee Hoos said it was undisclosed and he intimated that it was higher than being reported). We can only sell for what is being offered. We don't know the ins and outs of what went on. Did Smithies want to go? If a player wants to leave for a Prem club can we realistically stand in his way? Did he have a release clause in his contract?
I think that evil Les and Lee Hoos got the most money they could for a player that wanted to leave. Its not like there was a long list of clubs queued up for his signature.

Agree with all of that, but that can all be true and a player can still be under-sold.

Hart on 16:33 - Aug 8 with 1699 viewssmegma

Hart on 08:36 - Aug 8 by simmo

Smithies was a Championship player
Hart on 19:51 - Aug 8 with 1594 viewsBrazilNutR

Nothing to do with the thread, but Keeper related, and ex-England keeper and Ex-QPR keeper Rob Green related.
Turned on the TV yesterday to find a Chelsea friendly was live and just finishing, noticed Green was in goal, then it finished 0-0, and went to penalty shoot-out. I watched as I knew what was coming... low and behold, Green made the only save of the shootout.. and was the hero.. made me laugh
Hart on 01:43 - Aug 11 with 1325 viewstimcocking

Not really, because Alex Smithies is about ten times better and cooler than Joe Hart and his really bad haircut.

Just because somebody else goes cheap, it excuses nothing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024