Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ron Hunt RIP 12:13 - Aug 23 with 3600 viewsisawqpratwcity

Big part of the QPR team of my youth.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-legend-ron-hunt-passes-away/

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ron Hunt RIP on 12:15 - Aug 23 with 3589 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What a shame. Massive name.
Ron Hunt RIP on 12:16 - Aug 23 with 3589 viewsflynnbo

Very sad news. Not one of the "stars" like Marsh and the Morgan twins but nevertheless a key playing member. RIP Ron.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 12:17]
Ron Hunt RIP on 12:30 - Aug 23 with 3536 viewsMartinWilson

Loved him to bits. Hard as nails. Only 5ft 10 or so but 100% full on player. Paddington version of Clint Hill & just as likeable. RIP
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 12:31]

MW

Ron Hunt RIP on 12:33 - Aug 23 with 3521 viewsTHEBUSH

RIP Ron, oh how we need someone like Ron in our team now, 100% man.
Ron Hunt RIP on 12:37 - Aug 23 with 3504 viewsstevec

Tough as old boots and a proper centre half.

So sad to hear this. RIP
Ron Hunt RIP on 12:37 - Aug 23 with 3504 viewslongbottom

Very sad news indeed. A decent and honest pro who gave everything every match.
R.I.P.
Ron Hunt RIP on 12:37 - Aug 23 with 3503 viewsBrianMcCarthy

72 is young to go now.

RIP to one of the storied names of our club. Condolences to all who knew and loved him.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam uasal.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ron Hunt RIP on 13:14 - Aug 23 with 3415 viewsSimonJames

Very sad. Could do with a player like him now. RIP

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

Ron Hunt RIP on 14:40 - Aug 23 with 3338 viewsBoston

Goodbye Ron Hunt, a tough player in a world of tough players and tough Ron’s come to that. The workmanlike machine that allowed the more skillful around him to shine. He’s the man who accidently ran into West Brom’s keeper allowing us to score a third goal at Wembley.
S’funny, his face escapes me at the moment, but as a kid I went to Rangers with a bloke called Terry Hunt, so his name always stuck in my head.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 14:41]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ron Hunt RIP on 14:50 - Aug 23 with 3321 viewsbosh67

RIP and a sad loss of a great player.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ron Hunt RIP on 15:01 - Aug 23 with 3294 viewsPikey

Ron Hunt RIP on 14:50 - Aug 23 by bosh67

RIP and a sad loss of a great player.

Sad news indeed great centre half and excellent games master 3 afternoons a week at our school. RIP fella
Ron Hunt RIP on 15:23 - Aug 23 with 3261 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ron Hunt RIP on 14:40 - Aug 23 by Boston

Goodbye Ron Hunt, a tough player in a world of tough players and tough Ron’s come to that. The workmanlike machine that allowed the more skillful around him to shine. He’s the man who accidently ran into West Brom’s keeper allowing us to score a third goal at Wembley.
S’funny, his face escapes me at the moment, but as a kid I went to Rangers with a bloke called Terry Hunt, so his name always stuck in my head.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 14:41]

The pic for the First Division football stickers 68/69. (I've still got them somewhere.)

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ron Hunt RIP on 15:35 - Aug 23 with 3243 viewsmylot50years

QUALITY DEFENDER AND MAN. RIP. Ron
Ron Hunt RIP on 16:06 - Aug 23 with 3200 viewsquickpassrotter

I always thought that Ron was underestimated as a player. Read the game really well. Was quick both to the ball and with his pass out to the players who could switch defence into attack. As stated on several other posts - hard as nails, in an era of hard men.
Was fortunate to be at the old Bramall Lane before its developement - in other words it was a 3-sided stadium because one main sides ajoined the cricket pitch - when Rodney picked up the ball on the far touchline and sent over a very inviting pin-point cross to around the pen spot. Ron Hunt had foraged forward and got up to score a terrific headed goal. It was his first for the club - and I do stand to be corrected - his only goal for the club. Parkes played a blinder that day with Ron Hunt also being outstanding. it was a 1-1 draw with Sheff United.
Loved Ron Hunt. RIP Ron.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 16:08]
Ron Hunt RIP on 17:02 - Aug 23 with 3142 viewsthemodfather

more sad news .RIP ron hunt
Ron Hunt RIP on 17:07 - Aug 23 with 3136 viewsEsox_Lucius

He was my second favourite player after Roger Morgan back then and I can only echo all the sentiments about him above. I hope he finds the peace now that eluded him after his sons suicide. R.I.P. Ron Hunt, the world of QPR is a lesser place without you.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024