Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Freeman -- What We've Learned From the Bolton Game 12:43 - Sep 16 with 4370 viewsDylanP

I think is fair to say that Freeman has, as times, been a bit of a frustration for most QPR fans. A huge talent with feet so quick and nimble that it can be breathtaking at times. But, at the same time, too often he has seemed to over-thing things, over-play the ball, and generally have little result beyond a spot on the highlight reel. It seemed like, when Freeman was responsible for being the entire creative spark and the team's internal engine it was just too much responsibility and he couldn't handle it. However, maybe we are now seeing a shift in balance that better suits Freeman. Yesterday Freeman was at the heart of both goals but Eze also had a hand in both. Now that we have Eze, whose subtlety and creativity take a lot of pressure off Freeman, as well as plenty of other players who are willing to run hard, get into great positions and put in decent crosses, maybe now Freeman can be free of the (over) pressure to be everything to the team and can just play great football, nestled comfortably into a team of peers.

Maybe I'm overthinking it and it is just one result (well, three really), but I think Luke is just a much better player at the moment and I think that is because the increase in talent around him means he isn't over-doing it and is playing to his own strengths.

Agree/disagree?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Luke Freeman -- What We've Learned From the Bolton Game on 12:57 - Sep 16 with 4318 viewsDorse

Free and Eze - almost as though they planned it...

If you deliver a cross, you can't expect to also be on the end of it. Perhaps, with both in the side, it means that either one can create and reasonably expect someone decent to be on the end of it?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Luke Freeman -- What We've Learned From the Bolton Game on 13:13 - Sep 16 with 4249 viewsjonno

Couldn't possibly be that the influence of a widely acknowledged excellent coach in McLaren is improving Freeman as a player could it? No, of course not......
Luke Freeman -- What We've Learned From the Bolton Game on 14:37 - Sep 16 with 4048 viewsBoston

We're better balanced.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Luke Freeman -- What We've Learned From the Bolton Game on 16:21 - Sep 16 with 3926 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Top assister last year. That’s good enough for me.

Don’t like to see him on the wing though. Just behind the striker please. If thy means dropping Eze, or not playing Freeman then so be it.
Luke Freeman -- What We've Learned From the Bolton Game on 16:36 - Sep 16 with 3887 viewsqpr1976

Luke Freeman -- What We've Learned From the Bolton Game on 16:21 - Sep 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Top assister last year. That’s good enough for me.

Don’t like to see him on the wing though. Just behind the striker please. If thy means dropping Eze, or not playing Freeman then so be it.

Agreed. Along with Smithies one of our better buys in recent years and at a remarkably good price.

I did think maybe there wasn’t room for both Him AND Eze in the starting XI..... until yesterday ?
But it’s a good point about Schteve, he’s obviously a better judge, tactician, coach than me.
Luke Freeman -- What We've Learned From the Bolton Game on 22:34 - Sep 16 with 3661 viewskarlski

Although at times slightly frustrating, I always felt he largely made up for it by all round contribution (most assists etc).

Agree that the new set up, and perhaps Mclaren's coaching, gives him a platform to potentially thrive in. Remains to be seen how him and Eze cope long term in 4-4-2 - against Bolton excellent, if there's a game in which they might need to be more rigid then that might be tougher, but great to see them dovetailing so well this weekend.

Personally I also think having 2 strikers of Hemed/Wells quality and playing 4-4-2 itself helps: 2 up top with intelligent movement means defenders have a lot to think about, so if you've got talented, attacking midfielders in the mix too, there's more space and time for those midfielders. Pause the frame as Freeman crosses for the second: the defenders are stretched because we have three in the box with Wells and Hemed threatening the goal, leaving space for Eze (what a cracking finish by the way!). I know it's not as simple as just saying 4-4-2 is great, but I do think with the right players it has really helped our team. Good on Mclaren for adjusting things. Millwall's style will be an interesting test this week...
Luke Freeman -- What We've Learned From the Bolton Game on 22:52 - Sep 16 with 3629 viewsrsonist

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-starting-to-get-a-buzz-says-freeman/

“We’ve been doing a lot of transitional play during the international break. My goal was what we practised on the training field. It was something we’ve worked on so it wasn’t really a big surprise when it happened.”

And Freeman finished by reserving special praise for manager Steve McClaren following the full-time whistle: “He’s really good, probably the best I’ve been involved with personally. He knows his stuff and I think all the lads would agree. It’s been a tough spell but behind closed doors, everyone is on board.”
Luke Freeman -- What We've Learned From the Bolton Game on 10:33 - Sep 17 with 3291 viewsdaveB

I'm still not keen on Freeman and Eze as wingers in a 4-4-2 but sounds like they both played well at the weekend so hopefully it works
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Freeman -- What We've Learned From the Bolton Game on 11:17 - Sep 17 with 3226 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Luke Freeman -- What We've Learned From the Bolton Game on 10:33 - Sep 17 by daveB

I'm still not keen on Freeman and Eze as wingers in a 4-4-2 but sounds like they both played well at the weekend so hopefully it works

No but the good thing this season is that when it’s not working we have Samuels and Wsolek waiting in the, err, wings. Or maybe Wells could go out on the right on occasion. We have options now. Sounds like centre mid is our biggest concern at the moment.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Luke Freeman -- What We've Learned From the Bolton Game on 11:32 - Sep 17 with 3193 viewsPhildo

The return of Cousins - who was a highly rated player before he joined us- is an interesting footnote to this- as Northern mentioned in his match report.
Luke Freeman -- What We've Learned From the Bolton Game on 12:34 - Sep 17 with 3093 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Freeman.... Eze...

But who's our top ranked player in Sky's Top 50 Championship players.?

Joel Lynch!

He's currently 12th with Freeman 14th and Leistner 37th.

Eze not placed.

www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/11500450/championship-power-rankings-sheffield-wednesdays-barry-bannan-top
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024