Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right or wrong 12:19 - Sep 17 with 2822 views2Thomas2Bowles

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/45544961

We have had players retire the moment they signed a contract, never mind at half time.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Right or wrong on 12:38 - Sep 17 with 2767 viewsJuzzie

Seems a bit OTT to me, see the game out at least. However much your heart isn't in it, show some professionalism and respect to your club, team mates & fans.

"I'm done" at 30. Done what, 10 years or so working. I've done 33+ and will carry on 'till I drop probably once they raise the pension age to around 90.
Right or wrong on 13:07 - Sep 17 with 2692 viewsTonto

Right or wrong on 12:38 - Sep 17 by Juzzie

Seems a bit OTT to me, see the game out at least. However much your heart isn't in it, show some professionalism and respect to your club, team mates & fans.

"I'm done" at 30. Done what, 10 years or so working. I've done 33+ and will carry on 'till I drop probably once they raise the pension age to around 90.

The Bills are total carp though. Given how the NFL is on your body he probably realised he is going through all that pain for abslutely nothing.

Howevr, it was pretty low and disrespectful to quit at half time

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Right or wrong on 13:11 - Sep 17 with 2683 viewssimmo

I don;t think it is, it's not like in football where you can have the realisation and asked to be subbed, you have to see out the game. Maybe he just said to his coach that he was done and to give someone else the opportunity.

Gary Neville has a similar story where he essentially did the same thing after getting roasted at West Brom. He said as much to Ferguson who just kept it quiet until the end of the season when it was officially announced.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Right or wrong on 13:45 - Sep 17 with 2620 viewsJuzzie

Right or wrong on 13:07 - Sep 17 by Tonto

The Bills are total carp though. Given how the NFL is on your body he probably realised he is going through all that pain for abslutely nothing.

Howevr, it was pretty low and disrespectful to quit at half time

I'm sure the $millions eases the pain. QPR were cr@p in our 3 seasons in the PL, can you imagine the roasting we'd have given if any of our players decided to give up & retire during a game (apart from the fact most of them did anyway).
Right or wrong on 13:46 - Sep 17 with 2615 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Can see JT doing this.
Right or wrong on 13:48 - Sep 17 with 2607 viewsMatch82

Right or wrong on 12:38 - Sep 17 by Juzzie

Probably not the smartest way to do it. While not strictly honest, more respectful to "pick up" an injury, sit the rest of the game out and then retire during the week
Right or wrong on 01:29 - Sep 18 with 2384 viewstimcocking

This is a very dangerous sport, these guys putting their life on the line every play.

In a recent study, out of 111 american footballers tested, 110 had visual brain damage.

It's not something that i'd ever do, but i suppose it's akin to an ageing boxer not coming back out. Easy to knock him, but we can't judge. The Bills are the worst team this season.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 1:31]
Right or wrong on 09:04 - Sep 18 with 2195 viewsToast_R

A wise man knows when he's had enough.

I've picked an NFL team support and I've come up with the Tennessee Titans. How about that?
Login to get fewer ads

Right or wrong on 09:12 - Sep 18 with 2182 viewsSimonJames

Maybe he experienced some sort of "shell shock" part way through the game.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Right or wrong on 09:49 - Sep 18 with 2140 viewstoboboly

Right or wrong on 09:04 - Sep 18 by Toast_R

A wise man knows when he's had enough.

I've picked an NFL team support and I've come up with the Tennessee Titans. How about that?

You are in for a lot of pain. At least you didn't pick the Browns.

Bills are being roasted week in week out, if he has been careful with his money he should be fine but can't help thinking there is more to this than has been released.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Right or wrong on 11:34 - Sep 18 with 2065 viewsVancouverHoop

Right or wrong on 13:48 - Sep 17 by Match82

Probably not the smartest way to do it. While not strictly honest, more respectful to "pick up" an injury, sit the rest of the game out and then retire during the week

I think the very negative reaction from his teammates is grounded in the fact that he did it at half time in a game he only dressed for because the team was short of players at his position due to injuries. It forced them to play the second half with players out of position. I think that they would have been more accepting had he walked after the game was over, or given them an indication that he was thinking about it.
Right or wrong on 12:15 - Sep 18 with 2014 viewsDavieQPR

An NFL squad is made up of 45 players. Lee Hoos would be apoplectic if we had 34 players on the bench.
Right or wrong on 13:04 - Sep 18 with 1945 viewstimcocking

Right or wrong on 09:12 - Sep 18 by SimonJames

Maybe he experienced some sort of "shell shock" part way through the game.

I'm damn sure that's how it was.

You don't play in the NFL unless you're prepared to give 100% and play through constant pain and injuries. They'll all be like Roy Keane. For a warrior such as this to reach the point where physically and mentally he could no longer continue, it must have been a truly awful feeling.

And cast iron certainty he has massive brain trauma already.
Right or wrong on 13:05 - Sep 18 with 1940 viewsToast_R

Right or wrong on 09:49 - Sep 18 by toboboly

You are in for a lot of pain. At least you didn't pick the Browns.

Bills are being roasted week in week out, if he has been careful with his money he should be fine but can't help thinking there is more to this than has been released.

Pain? I'm used to that. I couldn't imagine supporting a team that wins every week, it's just not who I am!

Funnily enough my local non league team Molesey FC have also been in rapid decline for two seasons and having parted ways with the manager and several key players, have started this season even more dog sh*t than QPR managed including a disastrous 8-1 thumping in the FA Cup away at Lewes. Uncanny resemblance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024