Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren's coaching improving players 09:47 - Oct 8 with 5197 viewsParkRoyalR

Certain players seem to be working on their weaknesses (eg Lynch not now trying to get in front of his man / being turned, Wzolek being more physical in last two games, Freeman occasionally looking for a first time pass) Could this be down to having a hands on Manager who puts a shift in at the Training Ground? (Plenty to work on eg Leistner letting ball bounce in dangerous areas etc) but signs of progress?
McClaren's coaching improving players on 10:48 - Oct 8 with 5062 viewsrsonist

Inconclusive. Still too early to say, if we're being fair - or at least as fair as we were to Ollie.

For me it feels tenuous to be overly positive or negative at the moment. As of where we were six weeks ago he's (quite creditably) stopped the rot and given himself a level platform and a settled, receptive environment to work in by the looks of it. That was what he had to do before anything - as I said on the other thread much of the op-ed criticism he's been getting on here seems to have been coming from a parallel dimension where we weren't very recently in full defcon 5 free-fall. Collective attacking and individual development I agree have been meh, but first things first.

Season starts here as they say.

Certainly the defence as a unit has clearly been drilled into some sort of general competence. Rangel has been an absolutely outstanding signing in my opinion.
McClaren's coaching improving players on 11:06 - Oct 8 with 5026 viewstoboboly

Lynch got turned v Reading and had a brain fart v FFD.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

McClaren's coaching improving players on 11:14 - Oct 8 with 5013 viewsEsox_Lucius

McClaren's coaching improving players on 11:06 - Oct 8 by toboboly

Lynch got turned v Reading and had a brain fart v FFD.

Any positive examples you'd care to share?

The grass is always greener.

McClaren's coaching improving players on 14:06 - Oct 8 with 4806 viewsNorthernr

Lynch still gets turned too easily, as seen at Reading. Several players who were playing well at the end of last year have gone backwards, or bombed out altogether. The attack is scoring fewer goals despite having much better players.

The defence is keeping more clean sheets despite losing senior players. Lumley is looking good. Cousins is getting a run of games for the first time and I still think he might come good.

Some good some bad.
McClaren's coaching improving players on 14:22 - Oct 8 with 4758 viewsdaveB

I haven't seen much improvement in any of the players to be honest, quite a few have gone backwards from what we saw last season, hopefully the recent switch to 4-2-3-1 will help the players and we'll see an improvement in the coming months
McClaren's coaching improving players on 14:44 - Oct 8 with 4679 viewsrobith

McClaren's coaching improving players on 14:06 - Oct 8 by Northernr

Lynch still gets turned too easily, as seen at Reading. Several players who were playing well at the end of last year have gone backwards, or bombed out altogether. The attack is scoring fewer goals despite having much better players.

The defence is keeping more clean sheets despite losing senior players. Lumley is looking good. Cousins is getting a run of games for the first time and I still think he might come good.

Some good some bad.

McClaren's coaching improving players on 15:29 - Oct 8 with 4594 viewsWestbourneR

McClaren's coaching improving players on 14:44 - Oct 8 by robith

Our overall play particularly in midfield does look more slick and organised. The defence also looks to be a reliable unit.

But it's hard to say if it's significant enough to turn us into a better team - only time will tell. Consistency is the key.

I've been disappointed to see Smyth and Kakay give such short shrift along with BOS. Mind you it's also far to early to tell if they're genuinely of the level. Manning was just a bad decision in my book, he's a great little player.

The achievable goal has to be draws away from home and win the majority at home. If you can do that then you've got a play off places team.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

McClaren's coaching improving players on 15:53 - Oct 8 with 4542 viewsNorthernr

I was pleased we came back on Saturday. We've been awful once behind this season, falling in a hole and giving up, whereas last year we often salvaged things late in the day.
Login to get fewer ads

McClaren's coaching improving players on 16:36 - Oct 8 with 4450 viewsParkRoyalR

McClaren's coaching improving players on 15:53 - Oct 8 by Northernr

I was pleased we came back on Saturday. We've been awful once behind this season, falling in a hole and giving up, whereas last year we often salvaged things late in the day.

Yes agree, Derby seemed to change shape pushing their fullbacks on and McClaren to his credit changed our shape / personnel and we seemed to regain the initiative and finished the game stronger.
McClaren's coaching improving players on 17:50 - Oct 8 with 4307 viewsrsonist

dril tweets on LFW... twisting my melon man.
McClaren's coaching improving players on 20:57 - Oct 8 with 4188 viewsrobith

McClaren's coaching improving players on 17:50 - Oct 8 by rsonist

dril tweets on LFW... twisting my melon man.

if someone cooks your goose, that's it. you're basically f**ked
McClaren's coaching improving players on 22:00 - Oct 8 with 4053 viewsbosh67

My big problem is players like BOS, Smyth, Kakay and Chair. He's bombed out Manning to Rotherham and we have barely seen two of the best and fastest talents in Boss and Smyth. Kakay appears to have been bombed out and Chair is barely seen. Yet all 4 (forgetting Manning) have been forgotten or set up for the fall in the recent cup embarrassment (let's not forget that) because it is still a night that our management team set out to show up a group of players. Where is the improving players in that scenario? I don't like the way he is treating Smith either. There was a player who was scoring goals and Sylla, another player who scored roughly one in three is nowhere to be seen.

On Saturday we played okay but there was still no width apart from Pav (who hasn't exactly been allowed to flourish this season) but little else. Our forwards are starved of service, look how many goals we haven't scored this season. Mainly because forwards have no diversity of service and no width to feed from. When we lost against Norwich I watched it on TV and even the commentators said 'the strikers are being starved of any service' several times. The players are trying hard, they should do because they are professionals but for me Mclaren (he may well be a nice guy) is a dinosaur. Ollie was loveable but he was also a bit of a dinosaur. JFH just didn't get how to set up a team at all and only Warnock, who we all thought would be a dinosaur, knew how to blend experience and youth, and handle precocious talent.

Venables was great at it, Docherty perhaps even better. Both played a front foot attacking and aggressive brand of football. Both understood what this club is best at. Attacking. Yes you need a solid defence but fans go to watch attacking football and so far McClaren's brand of football is really nondescript. One week it looks like it has something, the next week it seems tired and old.

I think McClaren just coaching players is fine. McClaren managing a team and players... Not for me long term.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2018 22:00]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

McClaren's coaching improving players on 22:06 - Oct 8 with 4036 viewsJigsore

McClaren's coaching improving players on 20:57 - Oct 8 by robith

if someone cooks your goose, that's it. you're basically f**ked

Catering $200
Training Ground Rent $150
Coaching Staff Wages $800
Player Wages $3600
Utility $150

someone who is good at the economy please help me. my football club is dying.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

McClaren's coaching improving players on 09:23 - Oct 9 with 3770 viewsrobith

McClaren's coaching improving players on 22:06 - Oct 8 by Jigsore

Catering $200
Player Wages $3600
Utility $150

spend less on coaching staff wages
McClaren's coaching improving players on 10:12 - Oct 9 with 3726 viewstoboboly

McClaren's coaching improving players on 11:14 - Oct 8 by Esox_Lucius

Any positive examples you'd care to share?

None spring to mind

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

McClaren's coaching improving players on 18:48 - Oct 9 with 3491 viewsJigsore

McClaren's coaching improving players on 09:23 - Oct 9 by robith

spend less on coaching staff wages

no

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

McClaren's coaching improving players on 19:56 - Oct 9 with 3422 viewskensalriser

McClaren's coaching improving players on 18:48 - Oct 9 by Jigsore

no

Spend less on player wages. The rest is too small to be relevant.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

McClaren's coaching improving players on 21:11 - Oct 9 with 3353 viewsDylanP

Catering $200
Player Wages $3600
Utility $150

In the real world the budget guy would say that utility and rent are fixed and cannot be changed. So there are only two places where savings could be found; either catering ($200) or wages ($4,400). Decreasing wages is going to be unpopular as a result of the perception that it degrades the quality of the team, so the savings will have to be found in the catering budget line-item. If we are trying to save $500, then we will somehow pretend that we can reduce the catering budget by $500, which -- through budget smoke and mirrors -- seems to work until the year of implementation when we end up with a $300 in deficit spending.

And that is how we end up in debt up to the bloody eyeballs!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

McClaren's coaching improving players on 23:32 - Oct 9 with 3210 viewsFDC

McClaren's coaching improving players on 23:34 - Oct 9 with 3205 viewsFDC

Catering $200
Player Wages $3600
Utility $150

Invest in candles
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024