Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latest QPR accounts 09:39 - Feb 14 with 14368 viewsNorthernr

Not as bad as it has been but not great news.

The accounts are for last season (Holloway) and show a £37m loss of which £20m is the FFP fine.

£17m loss is still a lot, up from £6.4m the year before. It means we'll breach FFP this season if we lose more than £15m, and means we can only lose £20m over this season and next or we're in breach again.

Wages as a percentage of turnover back up to 98% from 64%.

This is all the effect of the declining parachute payment, which is reduced again for this season and disappears altogether next. Shows why we had to let Onuoha and Robinson go and sell Smithies.

Paid £4.8m to buy players (Scowen, Baptiste, Wheeler, Samuel, Smyth), received £0.1m (Gladwin, Doughty, Bowler, El Khayati, Henry, Ngbakoto, Reece Cox, Comley, Borysiuk).

It's tight.

Follow @nrogers959 on Twitter for a proper run down.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Latest QPR accounts on 11:42 - Feb 14 with 2410 viewsstevec

Latest QPR accounts on 11:24 - Feb 14 by Northernr

No of course the players and their salaries, but what I mean is before FFP if an owner just wanted to chuck money at it he'd chuck money at it, whereas now you face a points deduction if you don't meet a certain point on your balance sheet. so as Ted says we used to go to Rangers and watch the football and come away, and now we're all sifting through sets of accounts to see what they mean for our league status next season.

Take your point but whilst FFP is having this affect, in the end it's players salaries that are causing all the problems and FFP is just an incidental of that specific issue.
Latest QPR accounts on 11:46 - Feb 14 with 2394 viewsBAWHoops

It appears as though we are destined to be a League 1 club in the next 5-10 years.
We simply don't turn a big enough profit to stay consistently at this level.
Even if we get £10m for Freeman I can't see that being reinvested into the playing squad

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Latest QPR accounts on 11:53 - Feb 14 with 2358 viewsJuzzie

Latest QPR accounts on 11:46 - Feb 14 by BAWHoops

It appears as though we are destined to be a League 1 club in the next 5-10 years.
Even if we get £10m for Freeman I can't see that being reinvested into the playing squad

Hence the need for a new stadium. I do believe the fans are out there.
When Reading opened the Madjeski at the start of a new season I think they got relegated to the 3rd tier yet crowds went up. Probably partly curiosity but also because I'm sure it was better to go to than Elm Park.

As I said on the other thread about this we need reasonable prices for everything, tickets, food & drink, merchandise etc. Get the fans back and lets be more about being part of the club rather than merely lining players pockets.
Latest QPR accounts on 11:58 - Feb 14 with 2328 viewsBklynRanger

We're fcuked. Football is supposed to be one of the few things left to take our minds off austerity and all the other aspects of the weekly grind. Thanks to FFP it's now just another part of it.

In the past, when various megalomaniacs were digging us into a financial hole, many of us will have dealt with it as a creeping anxiety. Something that was going to bite us on the arse eventually, but not just yet - much like I think of my retirement preparation.

Nowadays we're in the football equivalent of looking round our flats thinking we'll need to sell the tv and washing machine next season. And the only solutions to this appear to be (correct me if I'm wrong):

- Get promoted and become, at worst, a yo-yo club mopping up parachute payments.
- Become a League 1 club with a League 1 budget.
- Build a new stadium very soon and do a very competent job of marketing it for other very lucrative purposes on a very regular basis.

That's two highly unlikelies sandwiching one highly unpalatable.

Bastards.
Latest QPR accounts on 12:00 - Feb 14 with 2319 viewsElHoop

Gregory used to 'invest' with transfer fees - buy players with the potential to go up in value and then sell on. This coupled with an excellent youth policy.

There's little or no benefit in youth policy these days. It's money down the drain unless you take on cast-offs further down the line and we're making a decent fist of that.

Where we've gone wrong is investing in wages rather than the sort of players that Gregory bought. It's as if the board don't want to invest up front - they just pay the bills once they become unavoidable - that's not really investment in the strictest sense - it's just paying the bills/losses.

A club of our size in the modern era needs owners to scout well and invest in transfer fees, keeping wages down as low as possible. We don't do that at the moment.
Latest QPR accounts on 12:01 - Feb 14 with 2313 viewssimmo

Latest QPR accounts on 11:18 - Feb 14 by stevec

I get that but is there a single Company outside of football, in the entire World, that pays 98% of it's turnover on wages?

Don't need to waste your time looking, there isn't.

It's not like we didn't know there would be a collapse of turnover, parachute payments are there in writing, it's simply that players are being paid far too much across the board.

Yeah of course, just mentioning that for this set of accounts, the wages to turnover is up because the turnover has reduced, rather than because we've spent even more on wages than last year (when it was 60 something %).

I expect wages to continue to drop tbh, although there's still 5-10 players on what we will now consider 'big' money, many of which are out of contract in the summer...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Latest QPR accounts on 12:04 - Feb 14 with 2292 viewsenfieldargh

Latest QPR accounts on 11:24 - Feb 14 by Northernr

No of course the players and their salaries, but what I mean is before FFP if an owner just wanted to chuck money at it he'd chuck money at it, whereas now you face a points deduction if you don't meet a certain point on your balance sheet. so as Ted says we used to go to Rangers and watch the football and come away, and now we're all sifting through sets of accounts to see what they mean for our league status next season.

So in reality there’s actually no point in Qpr trying to play within the rules as we are totally hamstrung and destined to stay In a financial structured heirachy where it’s the clubs responsibility to either develop young players(we are trying to do that) and hope these young players don’t get snapped up before they the club/supporters get a chance to see them.

Buy players from lower down the food chain who themselves are hamstrung and all the time the top five / premiere league clubs get richer and richer

The money for progress in The FA cup is paltry to prem clubs as is the prize money. Man city or whoever of the big 5 reach the final will play a weakened team to the final then the big guns suddenly reappear

In a perverse way I’m hoping Bristol city, Norwich and Sheffield United go up and those that have splashed out big time get hit and hamstrung like us but of course they won’t clubs will break the files and get points deducted that won’t impact on their status.

Meanwhile we may progress and bob around the division dipping down but destined never to rise as we once were back in the true glory years 1965-1996 with its ups and downs.

It’s a bit like the refs we’ve had recently and know your place QPR

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Latest QPR accounts on 12:11 - Feb 14 with 2262 viewsCamberleyR

That's why we have to have top notch scouting and find more Luke Freemans to be able to buy cheap, sell high. This is how teams like Bristol City manage to compete at the top end of the table. As Clive mentioned in his match report, they lost probably their three best players from last season, Bryan, Flint and Reid. Two of those came out of their youth team and the other cost £300k. They got circa £23m for that lot. No doubt Johnson was given some of that to find replacements but the rest helps to balance the books. Preston also another that punch above their weight without having had parachute payments.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Latest QPR accounts on 12:12 - Feb 14 with 2262 viewshopphoops

Latest QPR accounts on 11:09 - Feb 14 by londonscottish

This is why Lee Hoos is so keen on getting a stadium sorted which has parking and which can be used for other (corporate) things when it's not being used (rarely) on a matchday. And which isn't tiered (to reduce the cost running it on match days) and which had much better concourses (so they can sell loads more food & drink).

I've been on training courses and things like that several times at the Madjeski, S******d B****e and, most recently, at the Polish national Stadium. The latter had a massive photography tradeshow on at the same time. At the Mad Stad there were 150 of us booking out loads of rooms, eating and drinking and generally throwing money at Reading.

According to Lee Hoos, non-matchday income for LR rose from £15,000 to £100,000 in 2017; compared to over £1 million a year for Turf Moor.

Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview 14th Nov 2018 11:29
LFW sat down with QPR CEO Lee Hoos on Friday to discuss the three biggest issues facing Queens Park Rangers off the field — the new training ground at Warren Farm, the ongoing battle with Financial Fair Play, and the hunt for a new stadium. 20

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Latest QPR accounts on 12:14 - Feb 14 with 2257 viewsDorse

'Club breaks FFP rules by losing too much money.
League fines club millions for losing too much money.
Fine wrecks club's financial position, threatening to put them in breach of FFP.
Rinse. Repeat.'
(Quote taken from 'We'll Get Ours, Don't You Fcuking Worry! - A Guide To Running Football' by Frank Ucking-Moron)

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Latest QPR accounts on 12:18 - Feb 14 with 2239 viewsCamberleyR

Latest QPR accounts on 12:12 - Feb 14 by hopphoops

According to Lee Hoos, non-matchday income for LR rose from £15,000 to £100,000 in 2017; compared to over £1 million a year for Turf Moor.

Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview 14th Nov 2018 11:29
LFW sat down with QPR CEO Lee Hoos on Friday to discuss the three biggest issues facing Queens Park Rangers off the field — the new training ground at Warren Farm, the ongoing battle with Financial Fair Play, and the hunt for a new stadium. 20

And that's in a town that has over a hundred thousand fewer people in it than the LBH&F.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Latest QPR accounts on 12:24 - Feb 14 with 2224 viewsmakaveli1882

Not related but just looked at the table and hadn't realized how far we have dropped the league, we are going to be minus goals all season.

Thinking about the play offs was always a bit of joke but after December form we was in the hunting pack, January has been a nightmare month and losing Mass had had a major effect on our season as the Club would have been hoping to sneaking up in the play offs would have helped for years to come.

Anyway 22 years ago tomorrow we lost to Wimbledon lets hope the date is not an omen and we can get most needed boost.
Latest QPR accounts on 12:25 - Feb 14 with 2219 viewspaulparker

If we get 10 million for Freeman under this board il eat next doors dog

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Latest QPR accounts on 12:33 - Feb 14 with 2173 viewsenfieldargh

Latest QPR accounts on 12:25 - Feb 14 by paulparker

If we get 10 million for Freeman under this board il eat next doors dog

Damn I’ve fantasied about next doors pussy

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Latest QPR accounts on 12:38 - Feb 14 with 2147 viewsJuzzie

Latest QPR accounts on 11:58 - Feb 14 by BklynRanger

We're fcuked. Football is supposed to be one of the few things left to take our minds off austerity and all the other aspects of the weekly grind. Thanks to FFP it's now just another part of it.

In the past, when various megalomaniacs were digging us into a financial hole, many of us will have dealt with it as a creeping anxiety. Something that was going to bite us on the arse eventually, but not just yet - much like I think of my retirement preparation.

Nowadays we're in the football equivalent of looking round our flats thinking we'll need to sell the tv and washing machine next season. And the only solutions to this appear to be (correct me if I'm wrong):

- Get promoted and become, at worst, a yo-yo club mopping up parachute payments.
- Become a League 1 club with a League 1 budget.
- Build a new stadium very soon and do a very competent job of marketing it for other very lucrative purposes on a very regular basis.

That's two highly unlikelies sandwiching one highly unpalatable.

Bastards.

IMO it's not really thanks to FFP. It's thanks to having to use 98% (or whatever it is) of our income to pay players. That is the singular root cause of the mess football is in.

Years ago I read an article in WSC where they were interviewing a player who went from Newcastle to Blackburn. He was asked about the differences between the clubs and what he chose to say (amongst many options available) was how the dressings rooms were in such a poor state.

Well, maybe if him and his playing colleagues weren't rinsing the club for every penny they could get then the working conditions might be better. Here's an idea, how about they all club together to pay for the dressings rooms to be revamped. Nah, will never happen, have a Bentley that they need to bling up first.
Latest QPR accounts on 12:39 - Feb 14 with 2142 viewsBostonR

How many other Championship clubs will fall under the FFP hammer this year? Villa must be close, Sheff Wed and Birmingham.
Latest QPR accounts on 12:47 - Feb 14 with 2110 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Latest QPR accounts on 12:24 - Feb 14 by makaveli1882

Not related but just looked at the table and hadn't realized how far we have dropped the league, we are going to be minus goals all season.

Thinking about the play offs was always a bit of joke but after December form we was in the hunting pack, January has been a nightmare month and losing Mass had had a major effect on our season as the Club would have been hoping to sneaking up in the play offs would have helped for years to come.

Anyway 22 years ago tomorrow we lost to Wimbledon lets hope the date is not an omen and we can get most needed boost.

To be honest another smash and grab raid on the PL is probably a bad idea no matter the short term financial rewards.

These two don’t look overly concerned.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Latest QPR accounts on 12:47 - Feb 14 with 2107 viewsrunningman75

I am seeing a lot of doom and gloom on this threat. I remember buckets outside of the ground, league 1 and administration. Unfortunately many at the club had short memories and allowed managers to overspend such as Arry and by players who good on Championship manager 5 years before we signed them on inflated wages.
Hopefully we will go on a league run. We have a lot of young players gaining experience in the lower leagues. We have made sensible signings such as Toni Leistner and not been able to resign players who were getting greedy despite the club standing by them when injured (Jack Robinson). We also have less wasters such as Caulker poisoning the atmosphere in W12.
The sun is shining so feeling slightly optimistic, though still waiting for my valentine.
Latest QPR accounts on 12:48 - Feb 14 with 2102 viewsJordanFoster

Latest QPR accounts on 12:38 - Feb 14 by Juzzie

IMO it's not really thanks to FFP. It's thanks to having to use 98% (or whatever it is) of our income to pay players. That is the singular root cause of the mess football is in.

Years ago I read an article in WSC where they were interviewing a player who went from Newcastle to Blackburn. He was asked about the differences between the clubs and what he chose to say (amongst many options available) was how the dressings rooms were in such a poor state.

Well, maybe if him and his playing colleagues weren't rinsing the club for every penny they could get then the working conditions might be better. Here's an idea, how about they all club together to pay for the dressings rooms to be revamped. Nah, will never happen, have a Bentley that they need to bling up first.

To be fair if your work said that they wanted to revamp the office kitchen, but all employees had to chip in to pay for it I doubt many would be rushing to hand over their cards.

Always think its harsh when the players somehow get blamed for accepting the offers that are made to them.
Latest QPR accounts on 12:58 - Feb 14 with 2056 viewsJuzzie

Latest QPR accounts on 12:48 - Feb 14 by JordanFoster

To be fair if your work said that they wanted to revamp the office kitchen, but all employees had to chip in to pay for it I doubt many would be rushing to hand over their cards.

Always think its harsh when the players somehow get blamed for accepting the offers that are made to them.

Of course not because they ain't paying me £30k a week!

Players don't always accept offers, they and their agents ask for them. Then when it comes to contract renewals, as well as suddenly becoming injury free and 8/10 performances, plently of players have made 'pay me £xxxx or I leave' demands. Look at poor old Cashley who nearly crashed his Range Rover because he was so upset Arsenal only offered £5k/week more than the £50/k he was already on. Pathetic.

In both case clubs then either say no and player goes to a rival club or they cave in and accept.

I know I'm simplifying things but player salaries and so out of control they are a massive part of the problem football is in.
Latest QPR accounts on 13:10 - Feb 14 with 2009 viewsR_from_afar

I had a look at the accounts on Twitter before I saw this thread and it does like we are getting closer to being financially viable (see below).

However, as others on here have said and as most of you know, that means ongoing austerity until we either get into the Prem or significantly boost our revenues. The latter hangs on building a new ground, or finding a magic lamp and using a wish on Loftus Road. So, that is a pipe dream for the foreseeable future.

I hope we can defy the odds and prosper in spite of the obstacles the football - cough - "authorities" - put in our path. Let's show them what this club and its fans are made of.

"Interestingly the accounts state that the primary aim of the board is to ensure that the club is self sustainable. With only £10m from shareholders in the year, of which half was to cover the first FFP installment they are not a million miles away from this".

You Rs!

RFA

PS: Let's not forget the role of those greedy agents!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Latest QPR accounts on 13:22 - Feb 14 with 1960 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Latest QPR accounts on 12:48 - Feb 14 by JordanFoster

Sorry lads. You couldn’t put a couple of extra inches between those seats could you?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Latest QPR accounts on 13:28 - Feb 14 with 1930 viewsTheChef

Latest QPR accounts on 11:05 - Feb 14 by RblockPrior

Just shows the importance of the FA cup run this year, that £360,000 if we win tomorrow will help alot, add that to the additional ticket sales and tv money. It is well worth taking it seriously!

Fourth Round Proper winners (16) £180,000
Fifth Round Proper winners (8) £360,000
Quarter-Final winners (4) £720,000
Semi-Final winners (2) £1,800,000
Semi-Final losers (2) £900,000
Final runners-up (1) £1,800,000
Final winners (1) £3,600,000

Do you think someone on the board has shown that to Schteve?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Latest QPR accounts on 13:33 - Feb 14 with 1905 viewsNorthernr

Latest QPR accounts on 12:39 - Feb 14 by BostonR

How many other Championship clubs will fall under the FFP hammer this year? Villa must be close, Sheff Wed and Birmingham.

The Sky commentator was saying last night Villa think they're fine even if they don't go up this year. I just do not see how that is possible.

Birmingham are getting 12 points off imminently. Sheff Wed presumably will follow as they've breached.
Latest QPR accounts on 13:37 - Feb 14 with 1886 viewsTGRRRSSS

Reading too spent a lot didn't they the past few years...…...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024