Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where is the next generation of QPR fans coming from? 14:31 - Mar 4 with 6649 viewsRblockPrior

I really worry about us in 10-15 years as I seem to be see less and less younger fans at Loftus road, many I speak to tell me their son/daughter no longer follow QPR or just have no interest.

With what promises to be a difficult next few years ahead I doubt we will be able to attract fans due to our attractive football or star players, while the area is changing massively so I don't see people being attracted to supporting their local club like many of us did years and years ago. Add to that the surrounding clubs who are all performing better and well set up like Chelsea, Brentford and Fulham, why would someone support QPR out of those.

A real issue the club needs to address or am i just overreacting?
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 14:44]

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Where is the next generation of QPR fans coming from? on 15:04 - Mar 5 with 1388 viewsDorse

Where is the next generation of QPR fans coming from? on 14:31 - Mar 5 by TacticalR

I think we're going to need some kind of breeding program.

I volunteer. Bagsy not Bazza.

[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 15:05]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Where is the next generation of QPR fans coming from? on 15:23 - Mar 5 with 1364 viewsBoston

Where is the next generation of QPR fans coming from? on 14:31 - Mar 5 by TacticalR

Queens Propagation Rangers

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Where is the next generation of QPR fans coming from? on 16:03 - Mar 5 with 1323 viewsToast_R

Took my lad to first match Saturday although it was non league Molesey FC. He's four. Advantage was you can stand wherever you want around the pitch side, there's only about 100 people there plotted around quite sparingly. I had to keep him busy with sandwiches, crisps and chocolate and he was ok until about half time. Then he got completely bored and was running around trying to shoot imaginary aliens so at that point I called the Mrs to come and pick him up and then went back to watch the second half followed by a few pints in the clubhouse. Nice. Molesey won 1-0 and the great escape is on. Tooting & Mitcham tonight. Total cost £20.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 16:05]
Where is the next generation of QPR fans coming from? on 16:20 - Mar 5 with 1301 viewsstowmarketrange

Where is the next generation of QPR fans coming from? on 16:03 - Mar 5 by Toast_R

Took my lad to first match Saturday although it was non league Molesey FC. He's four. Advantage was you can stand wherever you want around the pitch side, there's only about 100 people there plotted around quite sparingly. I had to keep him busy with sandwiches, crisps and chocolate and he was ok until about half time. Then he got completely bored and was running around trying to shoot imaginary aliens so at that point I called the Mrs to come and pick him up and then went back to watch the second half followed by a few pints in the clubhouse. Nice. Molesey won 1-0 and the great escape is on. Tooting & Mitcham tonight. Total cost £20.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 16:05]

I took my niece and nephew to the Brentford home game for their first ever game.They are 10 & 8.They were totally bored and cold in the first 60 minutes.That 10 mins and the 3 goals had them saying that it was the best day of their lives.
Funny how 3 goals changes your outlook on the game.
Where is the next generation of QPR fans coming from? on 16:28 - Mar 5 with 1293 viewssimmo

WOMBS

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Where is the next generation of QPR fans coming from? on 16:39 - Mar 5 with 1275 viewsdaveB

Where is the next generation of QPR fans coming from? on 13:31 - Mar 5 by stowmarketrange

Maybe a lot don’t come any more because they find it so uncomfortable to sit in the other stands.I know after my experience in the back row of PU that i’d think twice about sitting up there permanently.
I don’t know if it’s better to have a half empty stand behind the goal,or half empty stands on the other 3 sides,but they get more money from an adult season ticket than they do a kids,or U18 one.

It’s gone on for 10-15 seasons and it isn’t working and growing as the club might’ve hoped it would have done.

I think every solution offers some problems, you may well be right about fans not going due to leg room etc but where I sit it's pretty much the same people who were going 10 years ago still sat there now but all older and with kids. I just don't think you'd see much of a difference in crowd size if we made changes unless the team was any good and doing well. We saw this season when we were playing well and doing well in the cup the place sells out regardless of family stand
Where is the next generation of QPR fans coming from? on 17:21 - Mar 5 with 1240 viewsTacticalR

Where is the next generation of QPR fans coming from? on 16:20 - Mar 5 by stowmarketrange

I took my niece and nephew to the Brentford home game for their first ever game.They are 10 & 8.They were totally bored and cold in the first 60 minutes.That 10 mins and the 3 goals had them saying that it was the best day of their lives.
Funny how 3 goals changes your outlook on the game.

Goals change lives.

Air hostess clique

Where is the next generation of QPR fans coming from? on 18:03 - Mar 5 with 1213 viewsJuzzie

Got two sprogs now, done my bit!

Live in an area that is probably considered Brentford territory but is littered with the usual array of Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Spurs, Madrid, Barca etc. shirts on kids. Though do see quite a few in Brentford shirts which I actually endorse.

However, him being from a QPR family my 4 year old boy already says "QPR win!" every time he sees football on TV. Poor bugger.....

Wore his QPR top with pride on Saturday morning whilst we were at play-gym. I didn't have the heart to tell him the result later that day.

Login to get fewer ads

Where is the next generation of QPR fans coming from? on 19:10 - Mar 5 with 1179 viewsstowmarketrange

Where is the next generation of QPR fans coming from? on 17:21 - Mar 5 by TacticalR

Goals change lives.

Not really as their dad is an armchair arsenal fan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024