Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eustace. 12:53 - Apr 1 with 9704 viewsconnell10

What if he came in and did a brilliant job , then completely turned the team round ! Or we just all call him John Useless and be done with it.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 14:52]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Eustace. on 14:10 - Apr 3 with 2432 viewsBklynRanger

Eustace. on 13:56 - Apr 3 by PinnerPaul

I believe that he hadn't worked with Steve before this gig - came from Kidderminster Harriers - so that may have something to do with it.

I stand corrected if he did work with Mr M previously, but certainly not for at least 2 years.

I think they'd worked together when Eustace was still playing.
Eustace. on 14:24 - Apr 3 with 2395 viewspeejaybee

Eustace. on 20:16 - Apr 2 by bosh67

What is this well educated, well read, knowledgable and entirely credible poster doing on this site?

You may well ask.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Eustace. on 14:42 - Apr 3 with 2341 viewsrsonist

Eustace. on 14:10 - Apr 3 by BklynRanger

I think they'd worked together when Eustace was still playing.

Eustace. on 14:57 - Apr 3 with 2300 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Eustace. on 18:30 - Apr 2 by QPR_John

Have you considered the possiblilty that McLaren ignored any input and maybe that was the reason for the downturn in form. It should become clear when the team for Norwich is announced.

Great point QPR John,its a very big possibility that SM just said "I am the top dog here ,former England manager etc etc and his foot soldiers never had any chance .Did he get into deep conversations like Pep or Klop or Ollie with his next in command when it hit the fan and it often did .
I hate to bring this up but Warnock ripped the officials an new ass *ole after Cardiff lost to Chelsea and has furious passion week after week.I know Cardiff are going down but the fan base know he fights for them.
Last point is the most important its up to the players to bleed blue and white for the next 8 games .I don't care who is out of contract its time to lay it on the line for the club,fans and their own pride .They get paid huge sums to play the game we all love time to show it
Eustace. on 15:19 - Apr 3 with 2250 viewsBklynRanger

Eustace. on 14:42 - Apr 3 by rsonist

For example...
(I really should pay more attention.)
Eustace. on 15:31 - Apr 3 with 2219 viewsPinnerPaul

Eustace. on 15:19 - Apr 3 by BklynRanger

For example...
(I really should pay more attention.)

Yeah, but my point is still valid, he's not coached with McClaren before us, so not like Bondy Bond, Birch or Kevin Blackwell for example.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 16:06]
Eustace. on 15:52 - Apr 3 with 2175 viewsBklynRanger

Eustace. on 15:31 - Apr 3 by PinnerPaul

Yeah, but my point is still valid, he's not coached with McClaren before us, so not like Bondy Bond, Birch or Kevin Blackwell for example.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 16:06]

Yeah, agreed.
Eustace. on 16:14 - Apr 3 with 2138 viewsstainrods_elbow

Eustace. on 20:16 - Apr 2 by bosh67

What is this well educated, well read, knowledgable and entirely credible poster doing on this site?

Comparisons are odious! Eustace is a recently retired player who's managed in a semi-professional league for two years, and (so far) been part of a climate of abject failure at QPR. Talking about giving him a go because SM might not have listened to him last time out takes straw-clutching to a mind-boggling level in my book.

Seriously, I'd rather have Bowyer!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Eustace. on 17:04 - Apr 3 with 2066 viewsonlyrinmoray

If we can keep the score down to less than 4 against the likely champions We got thrashed there last year with Olly I suggest Eustace should get the job as we are going in the right direction
Eustace. on 07:58 - Apr 4 with 1919 viewsCiderwithRsie

Eustace. on 16:14 - Apr 3 by stainrods_elbow

Comparisons are odious! Eustace is a recently retired player who's managed in a semi-professional league for two years, and (so far) been part of a climate of abject failure at QPR. Talking about giving him a go because SM might not have listened to him last time out takes straw-clutching to a mind-boggling level in my book.

Seriously, I'd rather have Bowyer!

"and (so far) been part of a climate of abject failure at QPR."

Also part of the set-up that took the club from the floor of the division to challenging for a play-off place by Christmas, first decent cup run in decades etc.

It's hard to know where credit/blame lies but I doubt Eustace had anything to do with
- team selection, inc. running some players into the ground
- substitutions in game
- transfer policy of loaning out all the kids and relying on senior loanees.

If players lost faith in S McC there'd not be much he could do about that either.

I'm opposite to you: Looking at Bowyer etc in the "runners and riders" I seriously wonder what we'd lose by letting Eustace or Ramsey have a go until the end of the season. (Think I'd rather have Jackett if he'd come, though.)
Eustace. on 14:08 - Apr 4 with 1824 viewsBillericayR

Eustace. on 12:55 - Apr 1 by Mytch_QPR

If he completely turned the team around (i.e. 180 degrees) then we'd be attacking the same goal as the opposition - it's revolutionary, I'll give you that.

Barbados 4—2 Grenada (1994 Caribbean Cup qualification)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1994 Caribbean Cup qualification
Group A

Date
January 27, 1994

Venue
Barbados National Stadium,
Saint Michael, Barbados

On January 27, 1994, the Barbados national football team and Grenada national football team played against each other as part of the qualification round for the 1994 Caribbean Cup. Due to an unusual scoring rule, as well as the two teams' respective positions in the tournament, it was alternately in the best interest of first Barbados, then Grenada, to score an own goal. The result has been described as "one of the strangest football matches ever".[1][2]

The organizers of the tournament imposed a rule requiring all matches to have a winner and had chosen an unusual variant of the golden goal rule, which meant that the first goal scored in extra-time not only won the match, but also counted as double. Barbados started the match needing to win by a margin of at least two goals to qualify for the final tournament. When Grenada scored late in normal time to bring the scoreline to 2—1, Barbados deliberately scored an own goal to force extra-time, where they could get the two-goal winning margin they needed thanks to the unconventional golden goal rule.[1] This meant that for the last 3 minutes of the match, Grenada was trying to score on either their own goal, or the Barbados goal, as either outcome (either 3—2 or 2—3) would have advanced them to the finals. Ultimately, Barbados was able to prevent Grenada from scoring, obtain the 30-minute time extension, and score the golden goal as hoped.
Eustace. on 14:28 - Apr 4 with 1787 viewsLunarJetman

Eustace. on 09:04 - Apr 2 by Miss_Terraces

The financial implications of the sacking, will stay with us for at least 3 seasons.
The assistants know nobody else will pay them a comparable wage.

I thought from what Lee Hoos said a while back that he'd be on a years notice which means its a one year burden rather than 3?

Can't remember where I heard/read that but sure Hoos said (although not in these exact words) that even when signed for 3 years we've got the ability to give them a years notice.
Eustace. on 14:42 - Apr 4 with 1756 viewsLongsufferingR

Eustace. on 14:28 - Apr 4 by LunarJetman

I thought from what Lee Hoos said a while back that he'd be on a years notice which means its a one year burden rather than 3?

Can't remember where I heard/read that but sure Hoos said (although not in these exact words) that even when signed for 3 years we've got the ability to give them a years notice.

I wonder when was the last time we were paying only one manager at a time?
Eustace. on 08:15 - Apr 6 with 1568 viewsdistortR

Eustace. on 09:03 - Apr 2 by Mick_S

My dog's grandad was called Ferenc Puskas. No 5hit.

I was going to write how i felt a little sorry for eustace, in that if he wants to audition for the job he doesn't appear to have any dice to roll, the positive changes he could make currently plying their trade in lower divisions.

But I was more interested in your grandad's dog being called ' Ferenc Puskas No Shit'.
Hell of a mouthful.
And if he indeed was a shitless dog, and you've got his offspring, you could make a fortune.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2019 8:21]
Eustace. on 15:01 - Apr 6 with 1470 viewswestberksr

Having watched the match from my sofa, I don't think he should be considered for the job simply because of the irritating open mouthed, exaggerated manner in which he chews gum.

Close your mouth for crying out loud

It's not a scientific approach on my part!
[Post edited 6 Apr 2019 15:02]
Eustace. on 15:05 - Apr 6 with 1451 viewsdolcelatte

Eustace. on 15:01 - Apr 6 by westberksr

Having watched the match from my sofa, I don't think he should be considered for the job simply because of the irritating open mouthed, exaggerated manner in which he chews gum.

My Mrs knows of my pathological hatred of chewing gum and the fact that I will ban it when I take over the world. Anyway she saw that and queried how on earth I was watching it with him doing THAT. Simple, it took my mind off how bad this squad really is that run earlier this year flattered us soooooo much.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Eustace. on 15:06 - Apr 6 with 1446 viewsLongsufferingR

I think all he has achieved today is to bring more urgency into the search for a proper manager
Eustace. on 15:14 - Apr 6 with 1411 viewsQPR_John

Eustace. on 18:30 - Apr 2 by QPR_John

Have you considered the possiblilty that McLaren ignored any input and maybe that was the reason for the downturn in form. It should become clear when the team for Norwich is announced.

Just to answer myself it is clear now
Eustace. on 15:22 - Apr 6 with 1376 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Eustace. on 15:37 - Apr 6 with 1308 viewspaulparker

Eustace. on 15:22 - Apr 6 by Nov77

He should be made to walk home , we would have been better with a traffic cone on the sidelines
Get rid pronto off the coaching staff

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Eustace. on 15:42 - Apr 6 with 1283 viewsNorthernr

Same fcking awful system that didn't work against Bolton.
Same fcking cretinous centre back selected despite being bummed to death by Josh Magennis.
Same fcking lack of action for Bright, despite all evidence and logic suggesting the opposite should be happening.
Same fcking team packed full of players who won't be here next season phone it in.
Same utterly fcking banal, and in many cases demonstrably untrue, statements in the post match interview. As if you only have to say something to make it the case, even if it's palpably false.
Eustace. on 15:49 - Apr 6 with 1244 viewsNortholt_Rs

Eustace. on 15:01 - Apr 6 by westberksr

....and because he’s dog sh it.... there’s a reason he was at Kidderminster f ucking harriers. How we can sack the manager and have no idea who his replacement will be? What’s the Teflon DOF doing for his money?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Eustace. on 15:53 - Apr 6 with 1233 viewsted_hendrix

Eustace. on 15:37 - Apr 6 by paulparker

He should be made to walk home , we would have been better with a traffic cone on the sidelines
Get rid pronto off the coaching staff

He's reading that from a prepared script for people who haven't got a fcking clue what they are doing, It's a bloody joke.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Eustace. on 16:43 - Apr 6 with 1123 viewsBklynRanger

I thought we'd at least get a good old 'that first half was unacceptable' - that's a fcuking no brainer. Asking for trouble not chucking it in. It was just so patently unacceptable. Ok several of them are coming to end of their contracts but they still get paid several thousand pounds a week to make a fcuking effort. I'm not even asking them to not be shit - just make a fcuking effort for 90 minutes you kunts. Freeman alone should've been pulled for that bit of lazy tvvatishness.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024