Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eustace. 12:53 - Apr 1 with 9703 viewsconnell10

What if he came in and did a brilliant job , then completely turned the team round ! Or we just all call him John Useless and be done with it.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 14:52]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Eustace. on 20:06 - Apr 1 with 2628 viewsWokingR

Eustace. on 19:48 - Apr 1 by DejR_vu

It would be nice if Eustace gave the Board a decision to make.

It's not how we do things though is it
Eustace. on 20:20 - Apr 1 with 2589 viewsenfieldargh

Eustace also rhymes with puskas

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Eustace. on 22:02 - Apr 1 with 2453 viewsTacticalR

Eustace. on 20:20 - Apr 1 by enfieldargh

That should be one of the selection criteria.

Air hostess clique

Eustace. on 22:55 - Apr 1 with 2383 viewsSimonJames

Eustace. on 14:18 - Apr 1 by LunarJetman

Have you forgotten the 'new manager bounce' effect doesn't cover QPR...

No, we won't have a new manager by then. We'll just have little False Dawn until a new manager comes in and then revert back to dross.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Eustace. on 23:42 - Apr 1 with 2322 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Eustace. on 13:32 - Apr 1 by ridethewave

Actually you have a point there. They've sacked so many great managers there must be one of them floating about without a job?

They don't have managers.

They have head coaches.

European system apparently. Other than that I've no idea.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Eustace. on 04:08 - Apr 2 with 2209 viewstimcocking

If he does a great job, great.

So far, there has been something about him i haven't liked. Probably that putrid green colour.
Eustace. on 04:48 - Apr 2 with 2205 viewsstainrods_elbow

I'm amazed Eustace, as one of McClaren's main men, hasn't resigned, been sacked, or preferably both (just to be on the safe side). It makes no sense to me to leave him in post. Presumably, he has no shame, and thinks that the team's diabolical predicament is nothing whatsoever to do with him.

What a farce!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Eustace. on 05:50 - Apr 2 with 2174 viewstimcocking

Eustace. on 04:48 - Apr 2 by stainrods_elbow

I'm amazed Eustace, as one of McClaren's main men, hasn't resigned, been sacked, or preferably both (just to be on the safe side). It makes no sense to me to leave him in post. Presumably, he has no shame, and thinks that the team's diabolical predicament is nothing whatsoever to do with him.

What a farce!

Well, i take your point on a pure fairness level, but If they said 'hey John, we need you to take charge until we find somebody', which they apparently did, he'd be 100% certain to snap the opportunity up. There'll presumably never be an assistant manager who wouldn't prefer to be picking the team himself and the prospect of managing a football powerhouse such as QPR an honour beyond imagining. Plus, of course, he's a puncher's chance of winning the first few games as new managers often do (obviously, not at Loftus Road though). If he does, he'll be touted as a genius the job will be his permanently.

And perhaps now he can change out of that God awful puke green tracksuit, which must surely come as a blessed relief.
Login to get fewer ads

Eustace. on 07:30 - Apr 2 with 2140 viewsMiss_Terraces

What a farce!

FFP? I don't think we can afford to sack Steve, let alone his assistants.

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Eustace. on 08:17 - Apr 2 with 2102 viewsstainrods_elbow

Eustace. on 19:48 - Apr 1 by DejR_vu

It would be nice if Eustace gave the Board a decision to make.

You like the idea of our Board making decisions?

Eustace. on 08:21 - Apr 2 with 2090 viewsstainrods_elbow

Eustace. on 07:30 - Apr 2 by Miss_Terraces

FFP? I don't think we can afford to sack Steve, let alone his assistants.

I thought we just had - probably because we couldn't afford not to, or so the Board, in their transcendental wisdom, obviously thought.

it's just weird to me that the human detritus of his collapsed reign is still stealing air in Loftus Road. If they had any pride (not to mention loyalty to SM), surely they'd have followed the normal proticol and resigned en bloc. Clearly, they've got neither, or else the club begged them to stay on for its own twisted reasons. The players must think it's a madhouse.

Eustace. on 09:03 - Apr 2 with 2045 viewsMick_S

Eustace. on 20:20 - Apr 1 by enfieldargh

My dog's grandad was called Ferenc Puskas. No 5hit.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Eustace. on 09:04 - Apr 2 with 2044 viewsMiss_Terraces

Eustace. on 08:21 - Apr 2 by stainrods_elbow

I thought we just had - probably because we couldn't afford not to, or so the Board, in their transcendental wisdom, obviously thought.

it's just weird to me that the human detritus of his collapsed reign is still stealing air in Loftus Road. If they had any pride (not to mention loyalty to SM), surely they'd have followed the normal proticol and resigned en bloc. Clearly, they've got neither, or else the club begged them to stay on for its own twisted reasons. The players must think it's a madhouse.

The financial implications of the sacking, will stay with us for at least 3 seasons.
The assistants know nobody else will pay them a comparable wage.

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Eustace. on 18:30 - Apr 2 with 1866 viewsQPR_John

What a farce!

Have you considered the possiblilty that McLaren ignored any input and maybe that was the reason for the downturn in form. It should become clear when the team for Norwich is announced.
Eustace. on 19:48 - Apr 2 with 1820 viewsSedgemoorHoop

I'm old enough to remember when Les Allen resigned as manager in January 1971, at a time when we were candidates for relegation from the old Second Division (today's Championship). Six months earlier the club had appointed a certain Gordon Jago as chief coach.

Jago's most recent experience had been 2 years as manager of Baltimore Bays in the USA which was hardly a 5-star recommendation to the fans. Yet Jago did not depart along with Allen as many would have Eustace do. Instead the club gave Jago the manager's job on a temporary basis. Under Jago we went on to finish in mid-table and were promoted to the old First Divison at the end of the 1972/73 season (as runners up to Burnley).

We are now living in a very different world to those days and I'm not trying to say that Eustace is another Jago. But he might be. Give him a chance instead of slagging him off.
Eustace. on 20:03 - Apr 2 with 1792 viewsrunningman75

Eustace. on 19:48 - Apr 2 by SedgemoorHoop

I'm old enough to remember when Les Allen resigned as manager in January 1971, at a time when we were candidates for relegation from the old Second Division (today's Championship). Six months earlier the club had appointed a certain Gordon Jago as chief coach.

Jago's most recent experience had been 2 years as manager of Baltimore Bays in the USA which was hardly a 5-star recommendation to the fans. Yet Jago did not depart along with Allen as many would have Eustace do. Instead the club gave Jago the manager's job on a temporary basis. Under Jago we went on to finish in mid-table and were promoted to the old First Divison at the end of the 1972/73 season (as runners up to Burnley).

We are now living in a very different world to those days and I'm not trying to say that Eustace is another Jago. But he might be. Give him a chance instead of slagging him off.

Common sense post on the internet. I am in shock now.
Eustace. on 20:16 - Apr 2 with 1773 viewsbosh67

What is this well educated, well read, knowledgable and entirely credible poster doing on this site?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eustace. on 08:09 - Apr 3 with 1651 viewsTheChef

Interesting to read what he has said in his first interview:

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/eustace-the-lads-will-be-ready-and-prepared

I suppose saying all the things you want to hear. "Relegation battle" though? Well yes...I think maybe he's just trying to give the players a reality check. Don't know how much the R word has been used within the club until now?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Eustace. on 08:28 - Apr 3 with 1623 viewsBklynRanger

I've been wanting us to give Eustace a go instead of Schteve for a while now, but my reasons were related to his very positive record at KH; the possibility that he might be able to bring coaching and managerial ability together in one package better than McLaren seems to be able to; somebody younger and potentially hungrier than Steve; a desire for some version of an internal move rather than starting again yet again. In other words a lot of desperate hope and unfounded assumptions - the usual sort of thing. But this reasoning from Sedgemoor Hoop reads a hell of a lot better - in fact I may palgiarize the whole thing in upcoming casual conversations...
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 8:30]
Eustace. on 09:57 - Apr 3 with 1565 viewsPunteR

Eustace. on 08:28 - Apr 3 by BklynRanger

I've been wanting us to give Eustace a go instead of Schteve for a while now, but my reasons were related to his very positive record at KH; the possibility that he might be able to bring coaching and managerial ability together in one package better than McLaren seems to be able to; somebody younger and potentially hungrier than Steve; a desire for some version of an internal move rather than starting again yet again. In other words a lot of desperate hope and unfounded assumptions - the usual sort of thing. But this reasoning from Sedgemoor Hoop reads a hell of a lot better - in fact I may palgiarize the whole thing in upcoming casual conversations...
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 8:30]

Join the army.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Eustace. on 10:13 - Apr 3 with 1542 viewsrsonist

What a farce!

Could well be yet another outstanding and blameless club employee ignored and suppressed by McClaren Gone Rogue. (Am I doing it right?)
Eustace. on 10:27 - Apr 3 with 1498 viewsdaveB

Eustace. on 20:06 - Apr 1 by WokingR

It's not how we do things though is it

It's what we did with Ramsey so not impossible if he gets a few good results
Eustace. on 10:30 - Apr 3 with 1487 viewsBklynRanger

Eustace. on 09:57 - Apr 3 by PunteR

Join the army.

"Yes well the whole situation rather reminds me of a moment in our history when Clive Allen had been sacked as manager in the winter of 1976 - the somewhat infamous 'Winter of Discontent' as many R's had of course dubbed it, but I digress - anyway, who should become available than our very own Gordon Jackson. WELL IT'LL NEVER WORK I implored...."
Eustace. on 12:08 - Apr 3 with 1428 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I quite liked his interview. Hope it goes well for him although his first match couldn’t be much harder.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Eustace. on 13:56 - Apr 3 with 1344 viewsPinnerPaul

What a farce!

I believe that he hadn't worked with Steve before this gig - came from Kidderminster Harriers - so that may have something to do with it.

I stand corrected if he did work with Mr M previously, but certainly not for at least 2 years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024