Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews 17:08 - May 8 with 6154 viewsNorthernr

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest view — Interviews 8th May 2019 17:08
As Mark Warburton is confirmed as the new Queens Park Rangers manager, we spoke to fans of his three former clubs to find out what we can expect from our new gaffer. 8

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 23:13 - May 8 with 1933 viewsDejR_vu

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 17:29 - May 8 by Hunterhoop

Judging by all of that...

1) Bloody hope we keep the DoF model and insist he obeys it (and that it was part of the deal up front) given what the Rangers fan says
2) Our young players may prosper, which is excellent news
3) Pretty, attacking football will go down well
4) Matt Smith may not
5) We will probably still concede a lot of goals.

Is there an echo in here?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 23:17 - May 8 with 1925 viewsDejR_vu

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 17:42 - May 8 by simmo

It sounds like he's going to fckin love Eze, seems exactly his kind of player.

Also, would Bidwell have been his captain?
[Post edited 8 May 2019 17:42]

Anyone who was able to make Bidwell look decent must be a wizard. Hope he doesn’t get over-confident and get any ideas about Lynch.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 08:14 - May 9 with 1696 viewsswitchingcode

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 20:37 - May 8 by rsonist

You're not wrong but unless he takes an extreme and unreasonable turn I don't really see why he would end up being at odds with Les and Ramsey, not sure he could've picked another club more on the same page.

You could be right and it’s a match made in heaven the fact is it’s the first time he’s managed without David Weir as his number 2 (and Frank McParland hovering about which is a big plus)Has it been confirmed that Eustace will remain as his assistant?
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 08:38 - May 9 with 1668 viewsTheChef

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 23:17 - May 8 by DejR_vu

Anyone who was able to make Bidwell look decent must be a wizard. Hope he doesn’t get over-confident and get any ideas about Lynch.

Don't worry, Lynch is not going to be here.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 09:31 - May 9 with 1612 viewsdaveB

Much like any manager who comes here he is going to have faults otherwise he'd be at a bigger club.

The positives seem to be his signings, he has made some good ones at all clubs he;s been at and wanting to work with young players but really it's all talk and can only really be judged on what he does with us

Key signings will be the spine of the team in centre back, centre midfield and up front, get those right and we have some good players around that to make us better than this season
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 09:42 - May 9 with 1602 viewsenfieldargh

At last nights Podcast Olly kept on at us to get behind Warburton, in fact he said it so many times you'd think he'd appointed him.

We jave to keep the faith now and keep behind every player no matter what they do on the pitch.

The Eze bashing I hear from a bloke just off to the right of where Clive sits in G block makes me want to punch him on the nose

Hail & Welcome Mr W

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 11:06 - May 9 with 1522 viewsHunterhoop

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 09:42 - May 9 by enfieldargh

At last nights Podcast Olly kept on at us to get behind Warburton, in fact he said it so many times you'd think he'd appointed him.

We jave to keep the faith now and keep behind every player no matter what they do on the pitch.

The Eze bashing I hear from a bloke just off to the right of where Clive sits in G block makes me want to punch him on the nose

Hail & Welcome Mr W

Yeah, there’s a couple of otherwise very nice, friendly and reasonable STs near me who constantly criticise Eze. It’s mainly under their breath and quietly and only very occasional shouting. And of course they are entitled to their predisposed opinion. However a couple of months ago I had to have a word with them when, after less than 90 seconds into the game, when the ball had been nowhere near Eze and entirely with the oppo, one of them shouted something like “stop being so lazy, Eze, work harder.” Quite why he chose to focus on Eze when our midfield 4 and back 4 had yet to win the ball or pass it to a teammate successfully, I do not know...
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 11:33 - May 9 with 1494 viewsCiderwithRsie

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 19:29 - May 8 by Harbour

Yes forgot the major positive it’s not Tim Sherwood

Also: Not Joey Barton
Login to get fewer ads

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 12:06 - May 9 with 1448 viewsenfieldargh

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 11:33 - May 9 by CiderwithRsie

Also: Not Joey Barton

MW signed Joey Barton for the other Rangers, but he also signed Clint

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 12:43 - May 9 with 1400 viewssimmo

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 11:06 - May 9 by Hunterhoop

Yeah, there’s a couple of otherwise very nice, friendly and reasonable STs near me who constantly criticise Eze. It’s mainly under their breath and quietly and only very occasional shouting. And of course they are entitled to their predisposed opinion. However a couple of months ago I had to have a word with them when, after less than 90 seconds into the game, when the ball had been nowhere near Eze and entirely with the oppo, one of them shouted something like “stop being so lazy, Eze, work harder.” Quite why he chose to focus on Eze when our midfield 4 and back 4 had yet to win the ball or pass it to a teammate successfully, I do not know...

I occasionally sit in random parts of Upper Loft when I have my boy as it's easier to get 2 seats together and the last few times I've been around people that slag him, one old boy was coating him off even when he ran down the touchline to warm up!

I have to hold my tongue a lot there, as apart from the fact he's clearly not 'shit' or a 'lazy cnt', it annoys me that people don't seem to consider the fact that anything but either support or silence are the two responses for a very young and inexperienced player making his way through his 1st ever full season.

I personally can't wait to see how he goes next season with a full year behind him and a manager that has got great tunes out of the like sof Kieran Dowell, etc.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 13:50 - May 9 with 1331 viewsNorthernr

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 11:06 - May 9 by Hunterhoop

Sounds like the row I got into at Arsenal a few years ago with the bloke in front who started slagging Jay Bothroyd off during the handshakes pre-kick off.

I mean, I didn't like Bothroyd either, but away at Arsenal, before the game has even started... fck me.
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 14:14 - May 9 with 1278 viewsHunterhoop

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 13:50 - May 9 by Northernr

Sounds like the row I got into at Arsenal a few years ago with the bloke in front who started slagging Jay Bothroyd off during the handshakes pre-kick off.

I mean, I didn't like Bothroyd either, but away at Arsenal, before the game has even started... fck me.

That’s actually extremely similar to me away at Liverpool that year. Some skin head teenager gave Boothroyd a mouthful upon kick off, before he or about half the players on both sides had touched it. I turned around and told him to give it a rest. Lad kicked off and started asking who the f*ck I was, how he’d never seen me before at games, etc. It was only when I could physically point to about 20 people other than the 4 I was with, within viewing distance in the away end who knew me, and because (at the time) I managed ASB, that he backed down. He even apologised at half time!

I just wish our support would actually support first sometimes. I get we’re sh*t and it’s almost always frustrating, but many don’t half jump into the criticism early, based on a personal predisposed opinion on something...rather than supporting their club first.
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 14:24 - May 9 with 1270 viewsNorthernr

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 14:14 - May 9 by Hunterhoop

That’s actually extremely similar to me away at Liverpool that year. Some skin head teenager gave Boothroyd a mouthful upon kick off, before he or about half the players on both sides had touched it. I turned around and told him to give it a rest. Lad kicked off and started asking who the f*ck I was, how he’d never seen me before at games, etc. It was only when I could physically point to about 20 people other than the 4 I was with, within viewing distance in the away end who knew me, and because (at the time) I managed ASB, that he backed down. He even apologised at half time!

I just wish our support would actually support first sometimes. I get we’re sh*t and it’s almost always frustrating, but many don’t half jump into the criticism early, based on a personal predisposed opinion on something...rather than supporting their club first.

Well I lose the plot all too regularly still, can't help it, I have tried. But I try to draw a distinction between senior players who you really should be expecting better of after 10 years in the game, and some kid feeling his way through his first professional season. And also, at least let them get kicked off before you start pelting them.
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 14:44 - May 9 with 1227 viewsHunterhoop

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 14:24 - May 9 by Northernr

Well I lose the plot all too regularly still, can't help it, I have tried. But I try to draw a distinction between senior players who you really should be expecting better of after 10 years in the game, and some kid feeling his way through his first professional season. And also, at least let them get kicked off before you start pelting them.

The last sentence is the key point.

Call Joel Lynch everything under the sun when he inevitably fcuks up. But do wait until he has done it.

We’re there to support the team and want them all to do well. If they are playing badly and making errors it’s much more understandable to lose the plot. But as a fan base we could at least begin at “supporting”, and slowly fade into frustration and criticism, rather than begin there. It’s somewhat of a vicious circle otherwise.
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 16:29 - May 9 with 1122 viewsjonno

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 09:31 - May 9 by daveB

Much like any manager who comes here he is going to have faults otherwise he'd be at a bigger club.

The positives seem to be his signings, he has made some good ones at all clubs he;s been at and wanting to work with young players but really it's all talk and can only really be judged on what he does with us

Key signings will be the spine of the team in centre back, centre midfield and up front, get those right and we have some good players around that to make us better than this season

Agree. Some really quite concerning things about the new man in those interviews and I can see it all going very wrong very quickly (not that is hasn't been very wrong for the second half of this season in any case). But of course he must be given all possible support. I actually feel that Eustace has done a pretty good job since McLaren went (I think you need to ignore the things they say in interviews these days as it is inevitably PR bull) and if he is staying on that makes me feel a little more hopeful. Will be interesting to see which players come and go in the close season. A bit disconcerting about this "playing the ball out from the back" business as we've already seen we cannot do that with the current squad.
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 20:26 - May 9 with 950 viewsTacticalR

On the Great Eze Debate there's an interesting interview with Paul Hall on the latest Loftcast, and he spends five minutes or so discussing Eze (about 17 minutes in) and the problems Eze's had trying to establish himself.

In it for the long Hall
https://podtail.com/en/podcast/the-loftcast/in-it-for-the-long-hall/

Air hostess clique

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 21:42 - May 9 with 872 viewsHunterhoop

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 20:26 - May 9 by TacticalR

On the Great Eze Debate there's an interesting interview with Paul Hall on the latest Loftcast, and he spends five minutes or so discussing Eze (about 17 minutes in) and the problems Eze's had trying to establish himself.

In it for the long Hall

Paul Hall
Paul Furlong
Chris Ramsey

We have some absolutely outstanding people involved in our youth set up. It genuinely is exciting and encouraging.
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 23:25 - May 9 with 804 viewsLblock

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 20:26 - May 9 by TacticalR

In it for the long Hall

Paul Hall seems to be doing a genuinely good job bringing the youngsters through

I’d say he’s wracking them up right on cue.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 02:30 - May 10 with 756 viewstimcocking

Well done doing this Clive, a good idea, i'm interested to hear what they say.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024