Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes thread 17:11 - Jul 15 with 91836 viewsjohnhoop

Now that the World Cup’s done and dusted we can turn our attention to the next major event.
For me the most interesting questions about team selection are;
1) Do we open with Jason Roy? For me it’s a no brainer. I know all the arguments against- he doesn’t even open for Surrey, he struggles against the moving ball etc- but I feel that he’s in such good form and the alternatives are so mediocre that it would be silly not to. If he does come off he could give us control of the game in the first couple of hours. Him and Rory Burns for me.
2) Now that Jofra Archer has to have a place in the side, who are the other two quick bowlers going to be. If fit I guess Anderson has to play and I would give the third spot to Woakes but this means no place for Stuart Broad and the 90 mph+ Mark Wood.
3) Which spinner to go with - Ali or Rashid? Ali’s batting form seems to have dipped but it’s still not an easy decision to make.
Any thoughts?
Ashes thread on 11:34 - Aug 25 with 1568 viewsjohnhoop

Ashes thread on 11:30 - Aug 25 by CamberleyR

Root gone, game over. For England to stand any chance he had to be there at the end with a big hundred.

Very disappointing. After all that hard work yesterday he p-sses it away two overs before the new ball by coming down the track and trying to flick Lyon through mid-wicket. Just a matter of time now.
Ashes thread on 11:39 - Aug 25 with 1554 viewsNov77

Stokes 3 runs from 70 deliveries! They’ve gone from playing too many reckless shots against a ball that is moving, to not playing any attacking shots against a ball that isn’t.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Ashes thread on 11:46 - Aug 25 with 1538 viewsozexile

That Root shot is ridiculous . Lyon's first over. Get yourself in first before you try rubbish like that.
Ashes thread on 11:52 - Aug 25 with 1528 viewsjohnhoop

Ashes thread on 11:46 - Aug 25 by ozexile

That Root shot is ridiculous . Lyon's first over. Get yourself in first before you try rubbish like that.

I know. It really seemed like he’d got his head in the right place yesterday and had realized what he needed to do to give us any chance. It was like a massive brain fart.
Ashes thread on 11:56 - Aug 25 with 1519 viewsCamberleyR

Ashes thread on 11:39 - Aug 25 by Nov77

Stokes 3 runs from 70 deliveries! They’ve gone from playing too many reckless shots against a ball that is moving, to not playing any attacking shots against a ball that isn’t.

They did well yesterday afternoon but were too cautious in that final session with the old ball that wasn't really doing anything. If they'd had gone into the second new ball needing another 140-150 they'd have seriously fancied their chances I think.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ashes thread on 12:00 - Aug 25 with 1510 viewsToast_R

Ashes thread on 11:34 - Aug 25 by johnhoop

Very disappointing. After all that hard work yesterday he p-sses it away two overs before the new ball by coming down the track and trying to flick Lyon through mid-wicket. Just a matter of time now.

Bit defeatest. England are still in this I reckon.
Ashes thread on 12:10 - Aug 25 with 1497 viewsCamberleyR

Stokes two hours for 15. Sir Geoffrey would approve.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ashes thread on 12:17 - Aug 25 with 1479 viewsjohnhoop

Ashes thread on 12:00 - Aug 25 by Toast_R

Bit defeatest. England are still in this I reckon.

Yeah you’re right. Bairstow and Stokes are doing their best to raise our hopes again.
Basta-rds.
Login to get fewer ads

Ashes thread on 12:41 - Aug 25 with 1443 viewsBlackCrowe

Ashes thread on 12:17 - Aug 25 by johnhoop

Yeah you’re right. Bairstow and Stokes are doing their best to raise our hopes again.
Basta-rds.

Mein gott...130 needed to win. It could be on. (there that's killed it....apols)

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ashes thread on 12:42 - Aug 25 with 1438 viewsozexile

Praying these 2 can get to lunch.
Ashes thread on 12:54 - Aug 25 with 1415 viewsRangersw12

What a game this is

I haven't moved all morning!
Ashes thread on 13:02 - Aug 25 with 1406 viewsNov77

Did Shane Warne just say ‘the cloud starting to crap’?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Ashes thread on 13:23 - Aug 25 with 1350 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Ashes thread on 11:34 - Aug 25 by johnhoop

Very naive of Root given the hard work he put in yesterday. Still, Stokes and Bairstow are set. Australia will look to limit the runs in the hope the England batsmen get frustrated and orchestrate their own downfalls with silly shots. England need to remain focused, disciplined and grind this one out. Do that and they pull off a victory few saw coming and blow the series wide open.
Ashes thread on 13:48 - Aug 25 with 1323 viewsNov77

Another shocking umpire call

Ashes thread on 13:51 - Aug 25 with 1317 viewsToast_R

Ashes thread on 13:48 - Aug 25 by Nov77

Another shocking umpire call

That was proper shite wasnt it?
Ashes thread on 13:55 - Aug 25 with 1307 viewsNov77

Bairstow undoes his good work with a poor waft.

Ashes thread on 13:57 - Aug 25 with 1299 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Ashes thread on 13:55 - Aug 25 by Nov77

Bairstow undoes his good work with a poor waft.

WTF did he have for lunch? Very poor.
Ashes thread on 14:09 - Aug 25 with 1276 viewsNov77

Butthead!

Ashes thread on 14:13 - Aug 25 with 1265 viewsjohnhoop

Ashes thread on 14:09 - Aug 25 by Nov77

Butthead!

That really is it now. Knew they were just getting our hopes up.
Ashes thread on 14:16 - Aug 25 with 1255 viewsjonno

Typical England. Even when they finally start to realise how to play test cricket they still manage to throw it away as you know they will.
Ashes thread on 14:18 - Aug 25 with 1245 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Jesus wept, that run out was farcical. WTF did Root say to the boys over lunch? After working so hard to give themselves a chance, England are now throwing wickets away.
Ashes thread on 14:22 - Aug 25 with 1235 viewsNov77

Oz will just bounce out Woakes and the tail now.

Ashes thread on 14:26 - Aug 25 with 1226 viewsToast_R

Yep
Ashes thread on 14:27 - Aug 25 with 1226 viewsNov77

Back to the brainless cricket of the first innings then

Ashes thread on 14:29 - Aug 25 with 1219 viewsToast_R

Going to come up short now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024