Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! 16:31 - Jul 22 with 15096 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-sign-goalkeeper-dillon-barnes/

Dillon Barnes.

I think the thought is if we can't score perhaps we can play 3 keepers to stop the opposition scoring.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 22:23 - Jul 22 with 2025 viewsRangersw12

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 21:59 - Jul 22 by RangersDave

Who is sanctioning all this ..... this...... malarkey?

Is he Evil?

Seems bloody stupid to me to be honest.

I think we've done our usual and just let the manager sign who he wants

The fact we're bidding 450k for Judge says it all

A shambles of a club
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 22:29 - Jul 22 with 2010 viewsdaveB

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 22:23 - Jul 22 by Rangersw12

I think we've done our usual and just let the manager sign who he wants

The fact we're bidding 450k for Judge says it all

A shambles of a club

i don't mind going in for Judge, he is a decent player as long as we don't spend a fortune on him but hard to justify the 4th keeper signing, this is the kind of thing Ferdinand should be blocking imo but I'm saying that without any sort of knowledge of whats happening inside the club and if they have bids in for another keeper so got him in early.
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 23:18 - Jul 22 with 1874 viewsconnell10

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 22:29 - Jul 22 by daveB

i don't mind going in for Judge, he is a decent player as long as we don't spend a fortune on him but hard to justify the 4th keeper signing, this is the kind of thing Ferdinand should be blocking imo but I'm saying that without any sort of knowledge of whats happening inside the club and if they have bids in for another keeper so got him in early.

All the Colchester fans are saying this new keeper we have brought in is a plie of shite , so "IF" we let Joe go on the back of this ill be royally pissed off!
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 8:09]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 01:14 - Jul 23 with 1764 viewssmegma

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 23:18 - Jul 22 by connell10

All the Colchester fans are saying this new keeper we have brought in is a plie of shite , so "IF" we let Joe go on the back of this ill be royally pissed off!
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 8:09]

So you listen to hearsay to make your judgement ??
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 08:03 - Jul 23 with 1641 viewsconnell10

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 01:14 - Jul 23 by smegma

So you listen to hearsay to make your judgement ??

Yep thats why its called a message board. I also said "IF" they let Joe go, plus the fact ive read the Colchester message board and they are all saying to a man that the keeper we have signed is shite, ill trust their judgement in this as i feel they have probably seen said keeper a few more times than you and i me old mucker!
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 8:07]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 08:55 - Jul 23 with 1501 views00calben

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 21:20 - Jul 22 by rsonist

Why has Lumley to Bristol stuck itself in people's minds so strongly. It was one rumour, once, and they've spent big money on an undisputed first choice since.

I don't really see a ready and willing buyer for him right this minute. (I can however imagine us playing silly buggers with all these new keepers until they're all devalued enough for cheap poaching in future windows).

Exactly what I thought. Why on earth would they spend money on Lumley now they've signed Bentley?!

I can't see Lumley leaving tbh. Would be strange that we've sidelined Mass anticipating his impending departure, yet Lumley has been made the clear #1 during pre-season, so surely they're not expecting him to be sold...?
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 08:58 - Jul 23 with 1492 viewsNorthernr

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 08:55 - Jul 23 by 00calben

Exactly what I thought. Why on earth would they spend money on Lumley now they've signed Bentley?!

I can't see Lumley leaving tbh. Would be strange that we've sidelined Mass anticipating his impending departure, yet Lumley has been made the clear #1 during pre-season, so surely they're not expecting him to be sold...?

I'm still not convinced Lumley is going to be number one. Interesting that he got the whole game at Oxford, maybe paving the way for Kelly to get the whole of the Watford game which is traditionally the friendly you give your starting 11 a trial run in. Unless you're redknapp, in which case you just shove Joey Barton in on day one without any pre-season at all because he's a fentastic fellah.
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 09:06 - Jul 23 with 1465 viewsrsonist

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 22:08 - Jul 22 by CliveWilsonSaid

Of course, this could be a Penrice recommendation. Would that make everybody feel better about it?

So was Wheeler but we didn't have to spend half a million of money we didn't have unless we knew we needed him and how we were going to use him.

Obviously it's concerning when you can't find a good word about Barnes (or a bad one about Brzozowski I might add) but even if he were an uncut diamond the issue is that bringing him in further interferes with what we're already working with. Five keepers between the ages of 20-23 at the same time is nonsense, even rack em n stack em clearing houses like Chelsea don't do it let alone a club in our position.
Login to get fewer ads

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 09:28 - Jul 23 with 1380 viewsCiderwithRsie

Tried four times to say something intelligent about this and just can't.

It's just bloody stupidity.
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 09:34 - Jul 23 with 1354 viewsrsonist

I don't know how much to read into it given how the PR Dept love a good spin based on who's top of the social media pops, but I think I'm right in saying the last time Les was this behind-the-scenes was when the Penrice-Ollie axis was on top. With JFH and McClaren he was front and centre presenting every signing with quotes near enough it seemed but this summer all I can really remember is the Sherwood-slurping sulkfest and that Luongo misquote.
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 09:35 - Jul 23 with 1349 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 09:28 - Jul 23 by CiderwithRsie

Tried four times to say something intelligent about this and just can't.

It's just bloody stupidity.

I'm struggling as well.

It might be tiny wages and it might be on a free but, as Clive points out, we can always get an emergency loan in if our other goalies all get injured.

I can't see the logic here at all. I'm not saying there isn't any - I just can't see it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 09:48 - Jul 23 with 1289 viewsmakaveli1882

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 20:00 - Jul 22 by BrianWilliamsBeard

Is Bankole still an academy coach? That could explain the signing as he would have coached Barnes at Colchester.

I am sorry what? are you taking the p1ss?

There is no way my football Club has hired that bloke for a second time!!
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 09:49 - Jul 23 with 1286 viewsrsonist

“We have got Joe [Lumley], Liam [Kelly] and Seny [Dieng], and one of those will be going out on loan, so we don’t want to leave ourselves short. Tyla [Dickinson] and Marcin [Brzozowski] are doing great in the Under-23s but we just needed that extra one in as well.”

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 09:56 - Jul 23 with 1254 viewsElHoop

I guess that the answer is in the detail of the loan deal, if we do loan one out.
If we get a decent loan fee for one of the better keepers and the game plan is to ensure that we beat FFP rules, then why is it different from selling Furlong? We don't know the logic of this. It's all pretty alien to me but if it's part of the overall plan then a bit here and bit there might just get us where we need to be.
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 10:03 - Jul 23 with 1221 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 09:56 - Jul 23 by ElHoop

I guess that the answer is in the detail of the loan deal, if we do loan one out.
If we get a decent loan fee for one of the better keepers and the game plan is to ensure that we beat FFP rules, then why is it different from selling Furlong? We don't know the logic of this. It's all pretty alien to me but if it's part of the overall plan then a bit here and bit there might just get us where we need to be.

Fair point, a loan fee is something I hadn't thought about.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 10:05 - Jul 23 with 1212 viewsNorthernr

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 09:56 - Jul 23 by ElHoop

As this guy is under 24 and Colchester offered him a contract we're going to have to pay them a compensation fee to get him though. He's not free.
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 10:09 - Jul 23 with 1194 viewsozexile

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 10:05 - Jul 23 by Northernr

As this guy is under 24 and Colchester offered him a contract we're going to have to pay them a compensation fee to get him though. He's not free.

It gets better and better.
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 10:11 - Jul 23 with 1181 viewsrsonist

Bringing in cover we don't need swallows up whatever small amount we're likely to make/save through a loan.

But look, here's my devil's advocate reasoning - Dieng AND Brzoz go out on loan (better for both at their age) PLUS the scouting staff really do think Barnes has got something worth working on. Still a bit excessive but a sliver of logic at least.

As with the Ball signing though, did it really have to be a two year deal? We couldn't have unilaterally optioned the second year like we used to do all the time?

Edit: just read the compo bit, YIKES never mind.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 10:14]
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 10:12 - Jul 23 with 1175 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 10:05 - Jul 23 by Northernr

The fact that they offered him a contract suggests he is not as bad as their fans suggest doesn't it?

I am clutching at straws here!
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 10:14 - Jul 23 with 1168 viewsDavieQPR

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 09:06 - Jul 23 by rsonist

So was Wheeler but we didn't have to spend half a million of money we didn't have unless we knew we needed him and how we were going to use him.

Obviously it's concerning when you can't find a good word about Barnes (or a bad one about Brzozowski I might add) but even if he were an uncut diamond the issue is that bringing him in further interferes with what we're already working with. Five keepers between the ages of 20-23 at the same time is nonsense, even rack em n stack em clearing houses like Chelsea don't do it let alone a club in our position.

Try 3 Keepers between the age of 20-23.
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 10:17 - Jul 23 with 1146 viewsElHoop

Yes I know that there will money out but if they are prioritising the 12 month cash flow and profit and loss then a loan fee might be decent income for this season whereas a small transfer fee would presumably be written off over two years. If that's what they are doing then everything has to be looked at in the same light. To get that 12 month loss down to what it needs to be will involve lots of bits and pieces as we are unlikely to do it in one or two hits.

Maybe Hoos and Warburton have the financial acumen to cobble together a cash flow for twelve months which works. Their background suggests that it might be possible although as a club our recent history doesn't exactly give them much hope. We might be surprised!
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 10:22 - Jul 23 with 1123 viewsrsonist

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 10:14 - Jul 23 by DavieQPR

Try 3 Keepers between the age of 20-23.

Thanks. Heroic stuff.

Just so everyone knows:

Joseph Lumley 15 February 1995 (age 24)
Liam Kelly 23 January 1996 (age 23)
Seny Dieng 23 November 1994 (age 24)
Dillon Barnes 8 April 1996 (age 23)
Marcin Brzozowski 29 October 1998 (age 20)
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 10:29 - Jul 23 with 1101 viewsBrianWilliamsBeard

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 10:12 - Jul 23 by CroydonCaptJack

The fact that they offered him a contract suggests he is not as bad as their fans suggest doesn't it?

I am clutching at straws here!

The Colchester management team can be as unfathomable as Rangers.

Goalkeeper was a weak link at the start of last season having lost Sam Williams. The management brought in two young keepers and a new goalkeeping coach, Rene Gilmartin. Barnes started as number one. He then lost his place to Gilmartin, who had played just over 60 games in 14 years. In Dillon's last game he conceded a poor goal at Yeovil and was then sent off for kicking the goalscorer as he retrieved the ball from the net.
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 10:35 - Jul 23 with 1087 viewsMaggsinho

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 10:29 - Jul 23 by BrianWilliamsBeard

The Colchester management team can be as unfathomable as Rangers.

Goalkeeper was a weak link at the start of last season having lost Sam Williams. The management brought in two young keepers and a new goalkeeping coach, Rene Gilmartin. Barnes started as number one. He then lost his place to Gilmartin, who had played just over 60 games in 14 years. In Dillon's last game he conceded a poor goal at Yeovil and was then sent off for kicking the goalscorer as he retrieved the ball from the net.

I like him already.
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 10:37 - Jul 23 with 1076 viewsRblockPrior

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 10:22 - Jul 23 by rsonist

Thanks. Heroic stuff.

Just so everyone knows:

Joseph Lumley 15 February 1995 (age 24)
Liam Kelly 23 January 1996 (age 23)
Seny Dieng 23 November 1994 (age 24)
Dillon Barnes 8 April 1996 (age 23)
Marcin Brzozowski 29 October 1998 (age 20)

That really is ludicrous

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024