Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! 16:31 - Jul 22 with 15104 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-sign-goalkeeper-dillon-barnes/

Dillon Barnes.

I think the thought is if we can't score perhaps we can play 3 keepers to stop the opposition scoring.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 16:54 - Jul 22 with 2225 viewsShunter

Did he come on a free ?
if so are we gonna sell him in the next transfer window and try to make a profit
Cmon Del Boy !
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 16:54 - Jul 22 with 2224 viewsJAPRANGERS

how is it that our director of football sanctions this??
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 16:57 - Jul 22 with 2196 viewsKernowRanger

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 16:52 - Jul 22 by makaveli1882

This is my whole problem, I'm not dumb enough to know we are in a bad situation money wise and FFP etc.

But all these crap freebies have wages and 4-6 goalies with all tgeir wages cant be less that what Mass or even Smith was on, yet they cant all play is absolute madness.

Exactly the sort of transfer Rangers/Forest fans warned us to look out for - random players turning up in positions already well filled for no apparent reason. Worrying.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 16:59]
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:00 - Jul 22 with 2162 viewsdaveB

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 16:45 - Jul 22 by Northernr

Well the interview on the offish says we have Lumley, Dieng and Kelly, one of whom is going out on loan. We have two U23 keepers who are doing well, but we felt we needed just one more for when one of the first three goes out on loan.

We are a club that's meant to be skint, that is now carrying six fcking goalkeepers. Unless they're about to sell Lumley or Dieng for money, this is mental, and even if we were, can we not squeeze through with four?

didn't realise we already had 2 under 23 keepers, no doubt it is an odd one and well the timing of it is daft, you'd think they'd hold back on announcing this until they got a striker or 2 in
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:02 - Jul 22 with 2132 viewsaston_hoop

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 16:57 - Jul 22 by KernowRanger

Exactly the sort of transfer Rangers/Forest fans warned us to look out for - random players turning up in positions already well filled for no apparent reason. Worrying.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 16:59]

Interesting to go back to the interviews from opposition fans every now and again and see if there are any patterns!

https://loftforwords.fansnetwork.co.uk/news/50304/the-brentford-rangers-and-fore

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:03 - Jul 22 with 2131 viewsted_hendrix

If there was a six a side league of goalkeepers we'd be in good shape.

Apart from that.

Bolox.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:04 - Jul 22 with 2117 viewsFDC

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 16:34 - Jul 22 by Northernr

Are we... are we, you know, alright? Mentally. Is everything ok at home?

For some the first sign of a nervous breakdown is increased alcohol consumption. For others it is unpredictable changes in mood. For QPR it is the impulsive purchase of goalkeepers.
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:04 - Jul 22 with 2117 viewsNorthernr

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:00 - Jul 22 by daveB

didn't realise we already had 2 under 23 keepers, no doubt it is an odd one and well the timing of it is daft, you'd think they'd hold back on announcing this until they got a striker or 2 in

If those two in the U23s, one of whom (Marcin) has been playing for us for a number of years and has some Polish youth caps, aren't even capable of being the third choice goalkeeper for a lower mid-table Championship club (with next to zero chance of ever having to be involved) then, really, what is the point of them still being here at all?
Login to get fewer ads

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:08 - Jul 22 with 2084 viewsdaveB

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:04 - Jul 22 by Northernr

If those two in the U23s, one of whom (Marcin) has been playing for us for a number of years and has some Polish youth caps, aren't even capable of being the third choice goalkeeper for a lower mid-table Championship club (with next to zero chance of ever having to be involved) then, really, what is the point of them still being here at all?

well yeah when you put it like that
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:10 - Jul 22 with 2073 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 16:48 - Jul 22 by QPR_John

Surely that will be Dieng and it follows that Lumley will not be sold.

Yes, that would be my guess as well, John.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:10 - Jul 22 with 2073 viewsNorthernr

And I add, before I storm off to the pub, that goalkeeper is the one spot where if all your keepers do suddenly get injured at once, you're allowed to loan one in an emergency.
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:10 - Jul 22 with 2067 viewsMatch82

You lot can't see the big picture. We're going to play Barnes and Dieng up front as target men. Meanwhile, we will play new Matt Smith in the middle of the park, but unobservant opposition will assume it's old Matt Smith, and that we have a team of giants. They will be forced to counteract this by playing their 11 tallest players regardless of position or ability, thereby giving us an advantage. We are playing 3 dimensional chess here.

Or, we don't have a fcking clue what we are doing. I'm still on the fence.
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:15 - Jul 22 with 2007 viewsconnell10

What a f ucking shambles!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:16 - Jul 22 with 2000 viewsenfieldargh

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:04 - Jul 22 by Northernr

this will do wonders for the morale of the younger players.

I expect Lumley will be off and they've realised that Kelly might not be up to it.....back to my gin

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:18 - Jul 22 with 1985 viewsLowerloftLad

alot of these signings are making no sense in fact it feels like a championship version of when mark hughes ran riot instead of cesar we get guys who came from colcester i hope im very very wrong

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:18 - Jul 22 with 1982 viewsqpr1976

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 16:45 - Jul 22 by Northernr

Well the interview on the offish says we have Lumley, Dieng and Kelly, one of whom is going out on loan. We have two U23 keepers who are doing well, but we felt we needed just one more for when one of the first three goes out on loan.

We are a club that's meant to be skint, that is now carrying six fcking goalkeepers. Unless they're about to sell Lumley or Dieng for money, this is mental, and even if we were, can we not squeeze through with four?

He must be mad as well. He played 26 first team matches last season and now he wants to be 3rd choice for us ? If it’s Dieng going on loan (surely), Dillon won’t make our bench.....
Bet we’re paying him more than Colchester did though. Maybe he’s not so stupid !
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:20 - Jul 22 with 1952 viewsNorthernr

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:18 - Jul 22 by qpr1976

He must be mad as well. He played 26 first team matches last season and now he wants to be 3rd choice for us ? If it’s Dieng going on loan (surely), Dillon won’t make our bench.....
Bet we’re paying him more than Colchester did though. Maybe he’s not so stupid !

Turns out Fans Network also has a Colchester forum...

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 by bwildered 7 May 2019 7:44
U's rumours ?

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:20 - Jul 22 with 1950 viewsrobith

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 16:38 - Jul 22 by loftboy

Rack and stack ffs thought we’d learnt from Hughes and candleface

I don't think signing a 23 year old goalkeeper for free is really comparable to the behaviour of Hughes and Redknapp
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:27 - Jul 22 with 1889 viewsJAPRANGERS

What is the point of having a DOF at our club ?? He is OK with what is going on??
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:29 - Jul 22 with 1871 viewsBrianWilliamsBeard

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:18 - Jul 22 by qpr1976

He wasn't going to be playing for Colchester either. They've signed Gerken after he was released by Ipswich (he started at Colchester). Not the greatest but better than Barnes. Ethan Ross will be his back-up and they have an U23 keeper as well.

Still if you're on the bench, or in the stands, you might as well get paid as much as you can for doing it.
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:43 - Jul 22 with 1761 viewsdaveB

As it doesn't sound like he is going to be fighting for first choice it has to go down as one of the more bizarre transfers we've made in recent years. Not often I can't find something positive to say about someone coming in
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:47 - Jul 22 with 1741 viewsDejR_vu

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:27 - Jul 22 by JAPRANGERS

What is the point of having a DOF at our club ?? He is OK with what is going on??

I’m guessing it won’t be down to him

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:49 - Jul 22 with 1730 viewsDejR_vu

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:29 - Jul 22 by BrianWilliamsBeard

He wasn't going to be playing for Colchester either. They've signed Gerken after he was released by Ipswich (he started at Colchester). Not the greatest but better than Barnes. Ethan Ross will be his back-up and they have an U23 keeper as well.

Still if you're on the bench, or in the stands, you might as well get paid as much as you can for doing it.

Ala Brian Murphy

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:55 - Jul 22 with 1685 viewsrunningman75

Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:20 - Jul 22 by Northernr

Turns out Fans Network also has a Colchester forum...

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 by bwildered 7 May 2019 7:44
U's rumours ?

Looks like how we spoke about players such as Lynch.
Striker news!!!! We've signed yet another goalkeeper! on 17:59 - Jul 22 with 1663 viewsrsonist

Unbelievable. I didn't even think we needed Kelly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024