Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Eze bloke........ 17:41 - Aug 24 with 5665 viewssmegma

Is so frustrating. The way he lazily plonked his free kick into the bottom corner to give us the lead. Then he strokes the ball with the outside of his right boot lazily and sets up Hugill for the third goal. What is he going to do next ?? The sooner he eradicates the 'laziness' the better..
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 17:43]
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:31 - Aug 24 with 1982 viewsEsox_Lucius

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:09 - Aug 24 by ridethewave

Out of interest mate, what exactly did you disagree with about my post so much that you had to down arrow it?

Genuinely wondering.

The comment about Barbet, it might have been relevant on Wednesday but he had a good game today. These players are all trying to learn each others games and a system that MW wants them to play so how about cutting them a bit of slack for a few months. Hugill's miss today was just as bad as Barbet's penalty foul but no-one is giving him pelters in the same way. Both actions cost us a goal after all.

The grass is always greener.

That Eze bloke........ on 20:34 - Aug 24 with 1972 viewsEsox_Lucius

That Eze bloke........ on 20:20 - Aug 24 by DejR_vu

Chair’s the mutts.

Those two together could cause some real damage. They’re the ones who are going to make this team tick the way Freeman did.

and in another forum Chair is being derided because he is a show pony with no end product. FFS. There is something seriously wrong with the psyche of a number of QPR supporters IMO.

The grass is always greener.

That Eze bloke........ on 20:38 - Aug 24 with 1955 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

That Eze bloke........ on 20:34 - Aug 24 by Esox_Lucius

and in another forum Chair is being derided because he is a show pony with no end product. FFS. There is something seriously wrong with the psyche of a number of QPR supporters IMO.

Are people really saying that? I think I’ve counted three assists so far???
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:41 - Aug 24 with 1947 viewsridethewave

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:31 - Aug 24 by Esox_Lucius

The comment about Barbet, it might have been relevant on Wednesday but he had a good game today. These players are all trying to learn each others games and a system that MW wants them to play so how about cutting them a bit of slack for a few months. Hugill's miss today was just as bad as Barbet's penalty foul but no-one is giving him pelters in the same way. Both actions cost us a goal after all.

Fair enough. I thought he had his worst game for us today, his passing wasn’t as good and he could barely win a header. I’ve hardly laid into him though have I? Don’t think it’s fair to sanctimoniously dismiss every critique of a player.

Anyway, game of opinions.
That Eze bloke........ on 20:59 - Aug 24 with 1859 viewswestberksr

That Eze bloke........ on 20:34 - Aug 24 by Esox_Lucius

Was impressed with Chair 2 years ago when he debuted and was gutted he went on loan when we needed him.

Glad to see him & Eze getting game time with a manager who seems happy to let them play.

Good example of Chairs quality was when he broke down the right with nothing on., happily turned the full back inside out until support arrived. Just a clever player.

Eze is just sexy, glides across the pitch with a relaxed arrogance that is poetic; my post Adele, Charlie & Luke mancrush
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:56 - Aug 24 with 1708 viewssmegma

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:41 - Aug 24 by ridethewave

Fair enough. I thought he had his worst game for us today, his passing wasn’t as good and he could barely win a header. I’ve hardly laid into him though have I? Don’t think it’s fair to sanctimoniously dismiss every critique of a player.

Chair is currently leading the ratings judged by QPR fans on here.
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:10 - Aug 24 with 1674 viewsridethewave

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:56 - Aug 24 by smegma

Chair is currently leading the ratings judged by QPR fans on here.

Myself included! Thought he was fantastic today and has been every minute he’s been on the pitch for us this season. Hopefully he can cement his place in the starting lineup from now on. Chair and Eze between them make going to games exciting again!
(No subject) (n/t) on 00:06 - Aug 25 with 1597 viewssmegma

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:10 - Aug 24 by ridethewave

Myself included! Thought he was fantastic today and has been every minute he’s been on the pitch for us this season. Hopefully he can cement his place in the starting lineup from now on. Chair and Eze between them make going to games exciting again!

I said at HT we were relying on the two of the youngest players on the pitch, the older more experience players need to step up n the second half. And they did.
Login to get fewer ads

That Eze bloke........ on 00:26 - Aug 25 with 1553 viewsHunterhoop

Wasn’t able to make today, but I love the fact our best players on the ball are our kids. Shows how great our coaching and set up is at that level!

But what I will say, Eze is fcking superb. This lad could be great, probably for someone else. That pass to Hugill today wasn’t far off Adel’s to Routledge at home to Cov all those years back.

Eze is something special. We should back this lad to the absolute end. If someone near you bring out the “lazy” type chat, call them out on it. You have an obligation for the good of your club. the
That Eze bloke........ on 07:26 - Aug 25 with 1407 viewsDWQPR

That Eze bloke........ on 20:20 - Aug 24 by DejR_vu

Chair’s the mutts.

Those two together could cause some real damage. They’re the ones who are going to make this team tick the way Freeman did.

Freeman? Nah, can’t remember anyone called Freeman. Who’d he play for then?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:24 - Aug 25 with 1313 viewsBlue_Castello

As you say it's all about opinions because from where we were sitting Barbet had a poor first half and the defence looked terrible. The change at half time bringing Leistner on and going to three at the back made all the difference, Barbet had a much better second half. We played some lovely football yesterday and there is plenty of potential but in the first half Wigan who look a relegation team threatened to win the game.

We discussed this during and after the match and at the moment Hall and Barbet look very shaky as a pairing, the introduction of a more commanding figure at half time produced stability and confidence. As we know it's early days with a brand new squad but stating the obvious we have to get the defence sorted if we are going to win games.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2019 8:25]
That Eze bloke........ on 11:03 - Aug 25 with 1113 viewsPinnerPaul

That Eze bloke........ on 18:08 - Aug 24 by VancouverHoop

Maybe a couple too many changes, six is a lot in a team that's still finding itself. But it worked out OK so maybe he knew what he was doing.

I thought Barbet was OK today. He and Lumley seem to have a few communication problems, but otherwise I didn't see too much he did wrong. We were better when Leistner came on, but we had more of the ball by then and Wigan pretty much gave up* once we'd equalised.

*Playing football that is. They did carry on kicking our players and whinging at the ref.

Funny how we all see the game

Barbet OK?!!!!! - He was awful 1st half and bailed out by Tony in the 2nd.

BFG change won us the game.

Yes we changed the formation as well which helped going forward, but Tony actually headed the ball and cleared it which Hall and Barbet were incapable of - 1st half especially.

Should have started with that 2nd half team/formation, especially as MW said he had signed their forward so knew exactly what he was like!

I also would have played Kane instead of Angel (who played well tbf), just thought we would have been much better going forward 1st half with 3 at the back and Kane as a wing back.

Great 2nd half, could have had 5 or 6 but the 1st half WAS a bit of a worry - still far too open.
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:04 - Aug 25 with 1111 viewsPinnerPaul

Agree about Barbet -shocking 1st half I thought.
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:06 - Aug 25 with 1107 viewsPinnerPaul

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:24 - Aug 25 by Blue_Castello

As you say it's all about opinions because from where we were sitting Barbet had a poor first half and the defence looked terrible. The change at half time bringing Leistner on and going to three at the back made all the difference, Barbet had a much better second half. We played some lovely football yesterday and there is plenty of potential but in the first half Wigan who look a relegation team threatened to win the game.

We discussed this during and after the match and at the moment Hall and Barbet look very shaky as a pairing, the introduction of a more commanding figure at half time produced stability and confidence. As we know it's early days with a brand new squad but stating the obvious we have to get the defence sorted if we are going to win games.

Spot on - apologies for repeating that above!
That Eze bloke........ on 12:34 - Aug 25 with 1032 viewsDejR_vu

That Eze bloke........ on 11:03 - Aug 25 by PinnerPaul

Funny how we all see the game

Barbet OK?!!!!! - He was awful 1st half and bailed out by Tony in the 2nd.

BFG change won us the game.

Yes we changed the formation as well which helped going forward, but Tony actually headed the ball and cleared it which Hall and Barbet were incapable of - 1st half especially.

Should have started with that 2nd half team/formation, especially as MW said he had signed their forward so knew exactly what he was like!

I also would have played Kane instead of Angel (who played well tbf), just thought we would have been much better going forward 1st half with 3 at the back and Kane as a wing back.

Great 2nd half, could have had 5 or 6 but the 1st half WAS a bit of a worry - still far too open.

Totally agree about BFG. Nothing wrong with a bit of pragmatism. We don't want to get all high and mighty like our friends in Hounslow.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

That Eze bloke........ on 12:41 - Aug 25 with 1021 viewsnix

That Eze bloke........ on 12:34 - Aug 25 by DejR_vu

Totally agree about BFG. Nothing wrong with a bit of pragmatism. We don't want to get all high and mighty like our friends in Hounslow.

Just a point though they were a very tall team. At one point Chair was marking one of their ginormous players (maybe Kipre?) at a corner and you just thought, he had no chance. BFG provided some aerial presence which may not be quite so necessary against smaller teams.
That Eze bloke........ on 12:43 - Aug 25 with 1015 viewsloftboy

Southampton sniffing around Eze if today’s papers are to be believed.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:49 - Aug 25 with 1004 viewsridethewave

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:24 - Aug 25 by Blue_Castello

Absolutely. Agree with all of that.

Not quite sure why my comment about Barbet looking suspect defensively, and the defence looking much-improved when Leistner was introduced, needed a dressing down about “giving players a break”. This is a forum after all, as long as we are being respectful we should be encouraged to post our opinions and debate them. The sanctimony on here makes it very hard sometimes.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2019 16:59]
That Eze bloke........ on 03:56 - Aug 26 with 767 viewssmegma

That Eze bloke........ on 07:26 - Aug 25 by DWQPR

Freeman? Nah, can’t remember anyone called Freeman. Who’d he play for then?

Darren Freeman played for Fulham 20 odd years ago, had a wonderful poodle barnet
That Eze bloke........ on 04:09 - Aug 26 with 765 viewsitsbiga

Eze will be mustard some day.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:02 - Aug 26 with 671 viewswelwynranger

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:08 - Aug 24 by DejR_vu

Two wrongs don’t make a right. It’s just unnecessary. Why can’t we just enjoy the facts he’s playing well and that we won, without the snide remarks?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 19:10]

You should know by now,. That's not the LFW way. That would never do only looking for the good. LOL
That Eze bloke........ on 10:07 - Aug 26 with 662 viewsNorthernr

That Eze bloke........ on 17:52 - Aug 24 by Clive_Anderson

He's a great talent.

Please don't let this become the next "evil Les" where people keep going on about a couple of negative comments for years after they stopped.

If people were pig headed enough to make them in the first place then they can put up with being reminded about it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024