Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall Away - Not Sold Out 15:33 - Sep 16 with 32840 viewsParkRoyalR

Warburton and this team deserve our support on Saturday.

I appreciate our away form has been dire for the last 5 seasons but other than cost, can't see many excuses for not selling out an away game less than hour away on the tube.

Being kept in for 15 / 20 minutes after final whistle is'nt the greatest inconvenience. COYR's.
Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 19:23 - Sep 21 with 4096 viewsWilloW4

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 18:49 - Sep 21 by Northolt_Rs

You can say that again.....White City is like Mayfair compared to that sh it hole.

I don't get what the fuss is about....Millwall country is a shite hole.... Shepherd's Bush is a shite hole... ( born n bred in W.12,)... It's like for like to me.. Both crap.
Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 19:47 - Sep 21 with 3979 viewsBlackCrowe

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 19:23 - Sep 21 by WilloW4

I don't get what the fuss is about....Millwall country is a shite hole.... Shepherd's Bush is a shite hole... ( born n bred in W.12,)... It's like for like to me.. Both crap.

Can't agree on that. Bermondsey is truly grim.

The bush is lovely, hotchpotch of everything with the added bonus of being very close to the river, Notting Hill/Portabello, lovely places a short hop (the Thames, Richmond Pk, Kew Gardens etc) and quick exit to proper countryside around the M40 and M4. No comparison.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2019 19:51]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 19:56 - Sep 21 with 3937 viewsWilloW4

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 19:47 - Sep 21 by BlackCrowe

Can't agree on that. Bermondsey is truly grim.

The bush is lovely, hotchpotch of everything with the added bonus of being very close to the river, Notting Hill/Portabello, lovely places a short hop (the Thames, Richmond Pk, Kew Gardens etc) and quick exit to proper countryside around the M40 and M4. No comparison.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2019 19:51]

Understand what you're saying black Crowe... Bermondsey is truly grim. But everything /where you describe is NOT Shepherds Bush.. It's a toilet now.. Horrible atmosphere. The green and surrounding areas are rank. It's sad to see. The character around the Bush is gone. I'll always be a west London man, doesn't mean I've gotta like the place.
Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 20:08 - Sep 21 with 3885 viewsDieByYourSide

Very good support today, best away crowd to be a part of for a while - COYRs

Poll: And it's hi ho

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 20:18 - Sep 21 with 3840 viewsBoston

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 19:56 - Sep 21 by WilloW4

Understand what you're saying black Crowe... Bermondsey is truly grim. But everything /where you describe is NOT Shepherds Bush.. It's a toilet now.. Horrible atmosphere. The green and surrounding areas are rank. It's sad to see. The character around the Bush is gone. I'll always be a west London man, doesn't mean I've gotta like the place.

Its gone because you've gone.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 20:44 - Sep 21 with 3788 viewsWilloW4

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 20:18 - Sep 21 by Boston

Its gone because you've gone.

Sarky.. And so have the old school Rangers fans.. Not many at all that still live in the local West London postcodes. Totally understandable too. How's America treating you.?
Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 22:03 - Sep 21 with 3657 viewsGloryHunter

Had lunch and a few pints at The Rose in New Cross, and even chatted with some friendly Millwall fans. Walked up, got in no probs. After the final whistle waited 5 mins, came out, turned left, and out through the unlocked gates back to south London civilization. My overseas visitors were well impressed.

The only problem today was with QPR fans in the front row refusing to sit down, so that everyone else behind them had to stand up as well. Polite requests to them to sit down were met with threats of violence. We do have some morons in our ranks.
Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 22:14 - Sep 21 with 3616 viewsLblock

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 22:03 - Sep 21 by GloryHunter

Had lunch and a few pints at The Rose in New Cross, and even chatted with some friendly Millwall fans. Walked up, got in no probs. After the final whistle waited 5 mins, came out, turned left, and out through the unlocked gates back to south London civilization. My overseas visitors were well impressed.

The only problem today was with QPR fans in the front row refusing to sit down, so that everyone else behind them had to stand up as well. Polite requests to them to sit down were met with threats of violence. We do have some morons in our ranks.

FFS.... I’m sick of people coming on here slagging off our fans

Jesus Christ on a three wheeled bike, it was a thing of joy to be part of that away day today.
Good few pints in the Horniman alongside the river, train straight to ground, had to stand all game which made for a cracking atmosphere, ball ache being held after but THREE POINTS AT THAT RACIST SCUMHOLE more than made up for it.
The sun shone, the songs were sung and the beer flowed

If you didn’t give that top marks today then maybe away games aren’t for you

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 22:16 - Sep 21 with 3614 viewsDieByYourSide

Now call me a dickhead, but for fans of a certain inclination standing up away adds to the experience. Our away record is generally pretty awful, it tends to be a bad day out (this season aside) so a lot of the fun can come from generating a decent atmosphere and having a laugh regardless of the result.

Obviously any medical conditions that mean you can't stand are completely fair play, but for this one, it's Millwall away - our away support sits down 90% of the time unlike a lot of sets of fans. I'm glad our fans stood up today as, IMO, it helped generate a better atmosphere than normal and added to a good day out.

It'll be back to normal for Cardiff!

Poll: And it's hi ho

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 00:24 - Sep 22 with 3420 viewsstowmarketrange

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 22:16 - Sep 21 by DieByYourSide

Now call me a dickhead, but for fans of a certain inclination standing up away adds to the experience. Our away record is generally pretty awful, it tends to be a bad day out (this season aside) so a lot of the fun can come from generating a decent atmosphere and having a laugh regardless of the result.

Obviously any medical conditions that mean you can't stand are completely fair play, but for this one, it's Millwall away - our away support sits down 90% of the time unlike a lot of sets of fans. I'm glad our fans stood up today as, IMO, it helped generate a better atmosphere than normal and added to a good day out.

It'll be back to normal for Cardiff!

I’ll be standing at Cardiff for the game.I think I’m towards the back of the stand,which with a smaller away crowd than today,shouldn’t be a problem.

I wonder if other clubs have the same problem with standing as we sometimes do?Obviously not everyone can or wants to stand up for the whole game.But I don’t really have any answers on how to solve it.
The box office could help by giving the front of the away stand to people who would prefer to sit,but that would mean that they’re condoning people standing.
Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 04:11 - Sep 22 with 3318 viewsenfieldargh

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 00:24 - Sep 22 by stowmarketrange

I’ll be standing at Cardiff for the game.I think I’m towards the back of the stand,which with a smaller away crowd than today,shouldn’t be a problem.

I wonder if other clubs have the same problem with standing as we sometimes do?Obviously not everyone can or wants to stand up for the whole game.But I don’t really have any answers on how to solve it.
The box office could help by giving the front of the away stand to people who would prefer to sit,but that would mean that they’re condoning people standing.

Looked to me like we sold out, some people on here do panic

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 06:11 - Sep 22 with 3260 viewsBoston

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 22:03 - Sep 21 by GloryHunter

Stand up, if you love Rangers...

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 11:48 - Sep 22 with 3015 viewsDannyPaddox

Twas ever thus ...

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 12:01 - Sep 22 with 2986 viewsHayesender

A few of us ended up in the Stanley arms in Bermondsey. That was an interesting experience

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 12:15 - Sep 22 with 2939 viewsstowmarketrange

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 12:01 - Sep 22 by Hayesender

A few of us ended up in the Stanley arms in Bermondsey. That was an interesting experience

Before or after the game?
Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 15:17 - Sep 22 with 2760 viewsHayesender

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 12:15 - Sep 22 by stowmarketrange

Before or after the game?

Before the game. Stood with my back to the wall (ooer)

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 18:01 - Sep 22 with 2602 viewsBoston

Fings ain't wot they used ta be.
https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/millwall-is-changing.38206/

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 18:11 - Sep 22 with 2573 viewsBoston

...and btw, I'd never heard of Huski Chocolate 'till yesterday. What is it, I should be told?

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 18:34 - Sep 22 with 2535 viewsCiderwithRsie

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 18:01 - Sep 22 by Boston

Fings ain't wot they used ta be.
https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/millwall-is-changing.38206/

Absolutely bloody hilarious.

From the OP on that thread:

"Them QPR fans yesterday had the time of their lives..... The air of intimidation and togetherness that has carried us for decades has gone and without it, like it or not, we have become just another ordinary club."

Take out the word "togetherness" and what it means is "Milwall are the no-mark nothing club to end all no-mark nothing clubs; the only thing we've ever had going for us is that half our fans are animals who only come here for a fight and despite all the crap we were spouting the other day about QPR's away support we can't even do that any more."
Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 20:39 - Sep 22 with 2362 viewsDannyPaddox

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 18:11 - Sep 22 by Boston

...and btw, I'd never heard of Huski Chocolate 'till yesterday. What is it, I should be told?

Huski Chocolate. In other words ... Dog Toffee.
Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 21:53 - Sep 22 with 2248 viewsBoston

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 20:39 - Sep 22 by DannyPaddox

Huski Chocolate. In other words ... Dog Toffee.

Good is it?

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 22:35 - Sep 22 with 2186 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 21:53 - Sep 22 by Boston

Good is it?

Bit ruff.
Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 01:48 - Sep 23 with 2073 viewsDannyPaddox

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 22:35 - Sep 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Bit ruff.

Côte d’Or meets Labrad’Or
Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 08:21 - Sep 23 with 1917 viewsGloryHunter

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 22:14 - Sep 21 by Lblock

FFS.... I’m sick of people coming on here slagging off our fans

Jesus Christ on a three wheeled bike, it was a thing of joy to be part of that away day today.
Good few pints in the Horniman alongside the river, train straight to ground, had to stand all game which made for a cracking atmosphere, ball ache being held after but THREE POINTS AT THAT RACIST SCUMHOLE more than made up for it.
The sun shone, the songs were sung and the beer flowed

If you didn’t give that top marks today then maybe away games aren’t for you

So people who can't stand up for the whole game shouldn't go and support their team?
Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 08:35 - Sep 23 with 1893 viewsRblockPrior

For me when our fans stand at away games it seems to help the atmosphere, now I am fully aware some people are not physically able to stand up for 90 mins and for those I believe it would be best for them to sit nearer the front in order to have no issues with seeing the game.

But for me and a lot of people I speak to it does help the atmosphere and viewing when standing

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024