Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall Away - Not Sold Out 15:33 - Sep 16 with 32841 viewsParkRoyalR

Warburton and this team deserve our support on Saturday.

I appreciate our away form has been dire for the last 5 seasons but other than cost, can't see many excuses for not selling out an away game less than hour away on the tube.

Being kept in for 15 / 20 minutes after final whistle is'nt the greatest inconvenience. COYR's.
Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 14:44 - Sep 17 with 4598 views18StoneOfHoop

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 13:38 - Sep 17 by Mick_S

So 1973 amazing double saving Jim Montgomery has green teeth
What's that got to do with the price of fish,Mick S?

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 14:49 - Sep 17 with 4563 viewsMick_S

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 14:44 - Sep 17 by 18StoneOfHoop

Ringer.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 15:10 - Sep 17 with 4497 views18StoneOfHoop

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 14:49 - Sep 17 by Mick_S

Ringer.

I remember Holland Park roundabout Duke of Clarence demolished long time ago
but I am still not understanding mystified, gnomic Mick Harold dead Bob Hoskins

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 15:17 - Sep 17 with 4462 viewsDannyPaddox

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 14:28 - Sep 17 by qprxtc

A Wall fan describes supporting Millllll:

"Miiiiillllllllll…We’re facking Wall and we don’t facking do nuffin but facking tell every facker we’re Wall and Wall look after Wall. When are backs are to the Wall we’re Wall and nuffink will ever change us from being Wall. Not no carnts from the Bush. Who ain’t Wall, neither will they ever be Wall. Cause they ain’t Wall. Not any Wall I no of anyhow. Miillllllllllll.

And when you’re Wall you goota do Wall stuff. Like every telling every other carnt who ain’t Wall is a carnt, Carnts the lot of ‘em. Cause they ain’t Wall like what we is. There’s no Wall like Wall. Fark the Berlin Wall. They kicked that facker down cause it wasn’t a Wall Wall. Just some poxy Wall in poxy facking wherever it was. It was some Wall that went over there to do it and all. Cheeky fackers trading on our facking rep. Carnts.

So fark Qpr and they’re facking west lahndun carnts. We’re Wall always were always will Wall. Miiiillllllllllllllll."

And any similarity between Millwall and MaxWall is purely similar.

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 15:28 - Sep 17 with 4420 viewsMick_S

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 14:44 - Sep 17 by 18StoneOfHoop

We believe that Clarence the cross eyed lion from Daktari and Jim Montgomery may be related.

[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 15:29]

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 22:43 - Sep 17 with 3930 viewsBoston

Going back to the Millwall board thread that mentions this site, there was a reference to Spurs in one of the posts, which I believe refers to that night a few years ago when things got a bit 'tense' for a game at Loftus Rd. Presume many of you were there that evening, but did any see / have involvement in the commotion at the Conningham and the subsequent ' running of the lions' around to the Goldhawk?
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 22:48]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 08:15 - Sep 18 with 3608 viewsloftboy

I’m working Saturday, gutted as it’s my nearest ground from where I now live.
Went to the old Den a few times, only dodgy experience was the league cup circa 88 when Fenwick and seamen spent the whole game passing to each other playing for a 0-0, the Millwall fans weren’t happy and gave us a lovely reception on the way out.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 9:28]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 08:33 - Sep 18 with 3556 viewscolinallcars

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 14:49 - Sep 17 by Mick_S

Ringer.

I used to frequent this pub. Some good musicians played there including a West Indian steel band on Sunday lunch. They sold a decent pint of hand-pumped Charrington IPA. So many good public houses gone.
Login to get fewer ads

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 09:26 - Sep 18 with 3459 viewsGloryHunter

I've cracked as well, after saying I would never go again. I live in Lewisham now, and have overseas visitors who say they want to go to a match (American girl and her Italian boyfriend). I do hope it doesn't put them off for life.

Don't want to be forcefully cattle-trucked to London Bridge after, though. Other people have said that the cops will let you out of the side gate if you ask nicely - anyone had experience of this?
Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 09:28 - Sep 18 with 3455 viewsMytch_QPR

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 08:15 - Sep 18 by loftboy

I’m working Saturday, gutted as it’s my nearest ground from where I now live.
Went to the old Den a few times, only dodgy experience was the league cup circa 88 when Fenwick and seamen spent the whole game passing to each other playing for a 0-0, the Millwall fans weren’t happy and gave us a lovely reception on the way out.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 9:28]

A lovely reception...

If they are to keep us within the homely comfort of the North Stand after the final whistle then I would expect some refreshments to be provided - perhaps a glass of sherry and some canapes?
I was thinking I could do some crocheting, but I'm a bit worried about getting my needles confiscated.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 09:49 - Sep 18 with 3401 viewsElHoop

Can't go on Saturday and can't be arsed about their fans either. They never change - I see that the lower tier of the away stand is still closed. It's been like that for years - how does that help their beloved club? No chance of a turnout and atmosphere like Luton brought to us on Saturday. No one likes them, no one's there, what's the point? It's football - this type of game should be about going away, having a few beers and filling the ground and everyone making a load of noise. On their forum they moan about things not being like they were in the 50s - well they're certainly not the same when it comes to going to watch games at Millwall.

I didn't know that their manager wanted to sign Rodney Marsh, just before we did - their board wasn't interested - that decision certainly changed history somewhat. Interesting to read about the pitch invasions in 1966 lol
http://www.millwall-history.org.uk/Origins-6.htm
Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 11:08 - Sep 18 with 3265 viewsHayesender

Just wandered down to the box office to get another Millwall ticket for one of my mates. Two people in front of me stood outside, wondering like me why it doesn't open till 12.

Its like they want you to pay the booking fee

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 11:38 - Sep 18 with 3186 viewshubble

I'm having me hair and nails done on Saturday afternoon, otherwise I'd be there with bells on, natch.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 11:44 - Sep 18 with 3168 viewsJAY

Whats the preferred pub/pubs, am I right in thinking the Shipwright Arms is usually a typical one for away fans?
Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 12:09 - Sep 18 with 3119 viewsRblockPrior

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 11:44 - Sep 18 by JAY

Whats the preferred pub/pubs, am I right in thinking the Shipwright Arms is usually a typical one for away fans?

Fans will no doubt do the same as recent years and be spread across Shipwright Arms, The George, Bunch of Grapes and Barrow Boy & Banker. All good pubs

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 13:10 - Sep 18 with 2964 viewsenfieldargh

21st April 73 my uncle Bernie, a proper Bermondsy boy as he kept telling me and my dad as he drove us to the old Den from Kenton for a game.

I think he mentioned Bermondsy at least 100 times on the journey, Barry Kitchener et all. We sat in the main stand with him opposite the big open terrace they had which was I think 'their end'.

I can only remember Don Givens scoring the only goal and running towards that side shaking his fist in delight. A few Rangers where in there and a mass surge of angry home fans trying to seek them out.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 14:00 - Sep 18 with 2845 viewsLunarJetman

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 17:57 - Sep 16 by loftboy

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/qprs-no-show-mob.38118/

They really are a bunch of dicks.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2019 17:59]

They forgot to add to the poll:

Because its 2019 and we're not all knuckle draggers whose only excitement for the week is to lay into some other morons because the wife lost interest years ago due to them being overweight and full of lager all the time so their tiny flaccid members fail to even get a semi on that wouldn't even touch the sides...
Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 15:00 - Sep 18 with 2708 viewsBoston

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 11:38 - Sep 18 by hubble

I'm having me hair and nails done on Saturday afternoon, otherwise I'd be there with bells on, natch.

Interesting, you’d never struck me as a hair transplant type of bloke.

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 15:05 - Sep 18 with 2693 viewsBoston

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 11:08 - Sep 18 by Hayesender

Just wandered down to the box office to get another Millwall ticket for one of my mates. Two people in front of me stood outside, wondering like me why it doesn't open till 12.

Wish I could sympathize, but how many times has the opening time been mentioned!

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 15:11 - Sep 18 with 2674 viewsPinnerPaul

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 11:08 - Sep 18 by Hayesender

Think you can pay in the club shop before 12.
Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 15:11 - Sep 18 with 2670 viewsMick_S

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 15:05 - Sep 18 by Boston

Wish I could sympathize, but how many times has the opening time been mentioned!

Is it 52 - Danny La Rue?

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 15:28 - Sep 18 with 2616 viewsBoston

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 15:11 - Sep 18 by PinnerPaul

Think you can pay in the club shop before 12.

If they’re open.

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 16:51 - Sep 18 with 2472 viewsBoston

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 13:10 - Sep 18 by enfieldargh

21st April 73 my uncle Bernie, a proper Bermondsy boy as he kept telling me and my dad as he drove us to the old Den from Kenton for a game.

I think he mentioned Bermondsy at least 100 times on the journey, Barry Kitchener et all. We sat in the main stand with him opposite the big open terrace they had which was I think 'their end'.

I can only remember Don Givens scoring the only goal and running towards that side shaking his fist in delight. A few Rangers where in there and a mass surge of angry home fans trying to seek them out.

‘73, yeah I remember there was a lot sitting down. I was standing behind the goal to your left, myself and my mates were not subject to anything more than the odd swear word when we jumped, but terryb was a target😀!

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 16:55 - Sep 18 with 2447 viewsterryb

Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 13:10 - Sep 18 by enfieldargh

At that time you could walk all round the Millwall ground & the area behind that goal was full of Rangers.

Five minures later two other areas of the ground were empty & all were behind the goal. There was only one thing to do, join in with hunt the Rangers fans but fail to find them! It didn't help that Givens made a 1-0 sign to the Millwall fans!

The walk back to New Cross Gate station afterwards was the most scared I've ever been at football. The train to Whitechapel was very quiet, but after changing to the District Line a roar went up from every coach. We were safe & promoted!
Millwall Away - Not Sold Out on 17:24 - Sep 18 with 2366 viewsShunter

I swore I would never go to Millwall again....but.........just bought a ticket.
The way we are playing going forward and the way we concede goals I guessing that this
game would be to good to miss. Action at both ends with our class coming out on top.

The team deserve all the support we an give them. Urrrrrrrrrrrrs !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024