Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread 14:01 - Jan 1 with 23957 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 18:34 - Jan 1 with 1614 viewsJuzzie

Everyone was gutted when BOS went off, he was my MoM, but I can understand why it was done. Game in the bag and another game in a few days at the end of a busy schedule.
Best to rest players and not get them an injury caused by fatigue.

It was obvious the game was going to go flat once Chair and BOS went off, and even probably a Cardiff goal, but as said, the game was already over so I wasn’t unduly worried, how could we be after a six goal winni g game.
Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 18:58 - Jan 1 with 1525 viewsstainrods_elbow

Meanwhile, Wikipedia advises a certain Mr Smithies has played the princely sum of 10 games for those half-arsed sheep-shagging, alarm-ringing, playoff Final-fluking stragglers in 18 months. I'd give a penny for his thoughts tonight.

Go on Mr Hoos and Sir Les - live a little dangerously for once, admit you got it wrong, and do for us what Wet Spam did for Moyes. There could even be a playoff prize in it for you.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 19:03]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 19:06 - Jan 1 with 1498 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 18:58 - Jan 1 by stainrods_elbow

Meanwhile, Wikipedia advises a certain Mr Smithies has played the princely sum of 10 games for those half-arsed sheep-shagging, alarm-ringing, playoff Final-fluking stragglers in 18 months. I'd give a penny for his thoughts tonight.

Go on Mr Hoos and Sir Les - live a little dangerously for once, admit you got it wrong, and do for us what Wet Spam did for Moyes. There could even be a playoff prize in it for you.

How were they wrong?

They had absolutely no choice but to sell him, or me, or you or the Tea Lady or any warm body* that get us a few quid to keep us out of FFP.

*I deny all knowledge of the Tea Lady's warm body.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 19:07 - Jan 1 with 1489 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 18:58 - Jan 1 by stainrods_elbow

Let's not re write history. We sold him on the back of Lumley's form.

Maybe ask for a season long loan while we sort Joe's nut out then fck him off back in May.
Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 20:04 - Jan 1 with 1348 viewsdanehoop

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 19:07 - Jan 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Maybe ask for a season long loan while we sort Joe's nut out then fck him off back in May.

We sold him because we needed the cash and it was the best offer we had. End of. He has hardly impressed since being there it seems, but he is probably now earning a lot more than we paid him.

Never knowingly understood

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 20:10 - Jan 1 with 1323 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 20:04 - Jan 1 by danehoop

We sold him because we needed the cash and it was the best offer we had. End of. He has hardly impressed since being there it seems, but he is probably now earning a lot more than we paid him.

Do you reckon we would have let him go if we weren't confident in either Lumley or Ingram?

Smithies had some time left on his contract so i'm not sure we would have. We might have sold Eze / Leistner / BOS instead.

He must be seriously tanking in training by the way because I thought Ethridge was terrible.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 20:11]
Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 20:14 - Jan 1 with 1300 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 20:10 - Jan 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Do you reckon we would have let him go if we weren't confident in either Lumley or Ingram?

Smithies had some time left on his contract so i'm not sure we would have. We might have sold Eze / Leistner / BOS instead.

He must be seriously tanking in training by the way because I thought Ethridge was terrible.

We had no choice, Bazza. He was going once the bid came in.

I also thought that Etheridge was unimpressive.

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 20:14 - Jan 1 with 1300 viewsplasmahoop

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 20:10 - Jan 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Good point. We are worried about lumley, but etheridge was terrible
Login to get fewer ads

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 20:33 - Jan 1 with 1234 viewsMiss_Terraces

What's wrong with us? We 6-1 and we're wasting our time and energy on their reserve keeper

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 20:36 - Jan 1 with 1223 viewsstainrods_elbow

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 20:04 - Jan 1 by danehoop

I'm curious as to why it's 'end-of' with players we've questionably sold at poor fees, while it's open house for anyone who wants to take our players off our hands at any time. I'm rather implying that Smithies may not be delighted to have been barely playing for a mediocre Cardiff, irrespective of his wedge - which is only not worth wondering about if you think all he cares about are his wages . In my opinion, Rangers should find out.

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 20:37 - Jan 1 with 1219 viewsEsox_Lucius

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 15:40 - Jan 1 by BrianMcCarthy

BFG booked. Harsh, maybe.

Unfortuntely he was both feet off the ground when he got the ball. An easy yellow.

The grass is always greener.

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 20:40 - Jan 1 with 1205 viewsstainrods_elbow

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 20:14 - Jan 1 by BrianMcCarthy

We had no choice, Bazza. He was going once the bid came in.

I also thought that Etheridge was unimpressive.

Obviously, we DID have a choice - he was under contract, and had recently stated he was happy to stay (not that that always means a lot in the doublethinkery of modern football). We chose to accept what most of us felt was a low fee, and, in my view, take a calculated risk in the goalkeeping dept. One that has clearly rebounded on us (and arguably on Smithies, unles she enjoys not playing and counting his money). As it will, when you get non-football people like Hoos (on his own admission) calling the shots.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 20:41]

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 20:44 - Jan 1 with 1179 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 20:36 - Jan 1 by stainrods_elbow

I'm curious as to why it's 'end-of' with players we've questionably sold at poor fees, while it's open house for anyone who wants to take our players off our hands at any time. I'm rather implying that Smithies may not be delighted to have been barely playing for a mediocre Cardiff, irrespective of his wedge - which is only not worth wondering about if you think all he cares about are his wages . In my opinion, Rangers should find out.

I agree that it might be worth enquiring. I just don't see how we were "wrong" to see him when we had no choice.

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 20:45 - Jan 1 with 1172 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 20:37 - Jan 1 by Esox_Lucius

Unfortuntely he was both feet off the ground when he got the ball. An easy yellow.

Yes, I think you're right on reflection.

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 20:47 - Jan 1 with 1150 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 20:40 - Jan 1 by stainrods_elbow

Obviously, we DID have a choice - he was under contract, and had recently stated he was happy to stay (not that that always means a lot in the doublethinkery of modern football). We chose to accept what most of us felt was a low fee, and, in my view, take a calculated risk in the goalkeeping dept. One that has clearly rebounded on us (and arguably on Smithies, unles she enjoys not playing and counting his money). As it will, when you get non-football people like Hoos (on his own admission) calling the shots.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 20:41]

We would have failed FFP if we didn't take that money, Stainrod.

I think we all would have liked to see us get more money but Cardiff were the only bidders and that money kept us out of FFP and paid wages.

It sucked, but there was no choice.

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 20:53 - Jan 1 with 1123 viewsNed_Kennedys

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 19:07 - Jan 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

What are you talking about? Lumley played TWO games for us that season.

Smithies was sold because we needed the money due to FFP.
Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 00:42 - Jan 2 with 968 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 20:53 - Jan 1 by Ned_Kennedys

What are you talking about? Lumley played TWO games for us that season.

Smithies was sold because we needed the money due to FFP.

I didn’t say which club did I you weird stalker.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-bristol-rovers-go
Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 01:05 - Jan 2 with 946 viewsPunteR

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 00:42 - Jan 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

I didn’t say which club did I you weird stalker.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-bristol-rovers-go

Im pretty sure we would have sold Smithies regardless of Lumleys form. Smithies did talk him up though. Also wasnt it Matt Ingram Smithies no2 and next to be No1?
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 1:09]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 06:23 - Jan 2 with 878 viewsSydneyRs

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 01:05 - Jan 2 by PunteR

Im pretty sure we would have sold Smithies regardless of Lumleys form. Smithies did talk him up though. Also wasnt it Matt Ingram Smithies no2 and next to be No1?
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 1:09]

Initally it was Ingram but he had a horror start and his confidence was shot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024