Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lazy eze 21:05 - Mar 7 with 7869 viewsBobbi66

Would walk into any top premier league team
Lazy eze on 16:56 - Mar 8 with 2013 viewsVancouverHoop

Lazy eze on 16:26 - Mar 8 by Match82

To be fair look at how Sheffield united are doing. Not as if he can't get a game for Norwich

Exactly. Freeman is in their cup squad and was one of their best players in last week's match. He'll almost certainly get his chance with them. He's experienced and knows how to bide his time.

Eze's younger but has also been around the block club-wise. I hope he makes a wise choice. Ideally, as I mentioned elsewhere, from a development perspective the Bundesliga would be the ideal place for him to go. However he's a London kid, culturally would he be ready for that big of a change? I don't know.
Lazy eze on 17:29 - Mar 8 with 1977 viewsGroveR

I've almost bored myself to tears on this but how we - QPR - go about dealing with Eze (and to a lesser extent BOS, possibly Manning and Chair if they continue to develop) are fundamental to the future of the club and I cannot understate it.

We've done the right thing in cutting wages, walking away from deals we'd formerly have been gob-bummed on and generally toed the line financially. Huge credit to Hoos, Ferdinand and the rest of the staff. We have a manager who uses the assets he has to play attractive attacking football and not some cùnt who's answer is "dip into Koorabchian's portfolio of overpaid wànkers" or stick "2 youth keepers on the bench as that'll show 'em how thin the squad of seven thousand loanees is"

If we're to realise the final part of reinventing our club as a "buy low, develop, sell high" talent academy we have to wise up on the selling side. Depending on the shìtrag you read, Spurs were looking at Eze in the region of £20m. I'm not suggesting we'll get that but the club MUST have a minimum price on him that's not negotiable. If it is £20m, put the phone down on any club - Spurs, Man City, Barcelona - who won't meet it. Most importantly, tell they player (and his agent) that's where we're at.

This boy is a once in a generation talent. Doing what we're doing I hope that'll change to where we're getting multi-million pound offers for 2, 3 or 4 players a season but at the moment it's Eze and we absolutely MUST capitalise on his talent. I've said earlier I like the lad and genuinely want him to achieve at the highest level which Benning pragmatic means a move but I love my club more and any deal MUST be in the best interests of QPR.
Lazy eze on 18:00 - Mar 8 with 1935 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lazy eze on 14:56 - Mar 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree with this.

He also needs a club where the culture is consistent and not dependent on a manager who might be gone within a year.

In my view Leicester is the perfect move for him, particularly if they lose Maddison. Rodgers a similar sort of boss to Warbs and think he'd flourish there.
From what I've heard, Spurs made an offer in Jan, and we rejected, so expect them to be back. Under Poch - good move for him. Under the pathetic Mourinho, not a good move. At all. Everton, possibly. Arsenal perhaps?

Bare bones.

Lazy eze on 18:34 - Mar 8 with 1884 viewsGroveR

Lazy eze on 18:00 - Mar 8 by Antti_Heinola

In my view Leicester is the perfect move for him, particularly if they lose Maddison. Rodgers a similar sort of boss to Warbs and think he'd flourish there.
From what I've heard, Spurs made an offer in Jan, and we rejected, so expect them to be back. Under Poch - good move for him. Under the pathetic Mourinho, not a good move. At all. Everton, possibly. Arsenal perhaps?

How much was the offer? Why will they come back? What are we valuing him at?

I'm not digging you personally Antti but why the cloak and dagger routine? What we sell him for WILL get out. As I've said before, doing transfer business as an "undisclosed fee" is like trying to conceal the sunrise and all you end up doing is pìssing off one group of fans who think they sold too low and another who think they've bought too high.
Lazy eze on 18:37 - Mar 8 with 1871 viewsLazyFan

Lazy eze on 18:34 - Mar 8 by GroveR

I'm not digging you personally Antti but why the cloak and dagger routine? What we sell him for WILL get out. As I've said before, doing transfer business as an "undisclosed fee" is like trying to conceal the sunrise and all you end up doing is pìssing off one group of fans who think they sold too low and another who think they've bought too high.

Rumour was that Spurs offered £15m for Eze and Southampton £8m for BOS.
Both enquiries (hardly even bids) were rejected. Neither of those clubs returned and Jan went by.

I would say QPR wanted £20m for Eze and £10m for BOS. But this is all just speculation which is a fancy word for I am guessing and have no idea really.

Complete fantasy.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Lazy eze on 19:46 - Mar 8 with 1788 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lazy eze on 18:34 - Mar 8 by GroveR

I don't know for sure, mate, but have heard from pretty decent sources and Les said officially that we did receive a solid bid for one player, but we turned it down, so putting two and two together, it was probably (but not definitely) Eze and Spurs.

If they wanted him in Jan and made a late bid that was rejected, it's likely they'll come back for him again - that stands to reason, unless for some reason their first offer was their absolute highest and final offer. Which would be bizarre.

Not sure why you're going on about undisclosed fees - I never mentioned them! Think there are sound reasons sometimes, however annoying it is for us fans.

Bare bones.

Lazy eze on 20:17 - Mar 8 with 1723 viewsGroveR

Lazy eze on 18:37 - Mar 8 by LazyFan

Both enquiries (hardly even bids) were rejected. Neither of those clubs returned and Jan went by.

I would say QPR wanted £20m for Eze and £10m for BOS. But this is all just speculation which is a fancy word for I am guessing and have no idea really.

Complete fantasy.

With sell-on clauses for both I don't think they're unreasonable offers to be fair for 2 players who cost us...?

If we sold BOS for £8m is that a profit, loss, break-even?

These questions grip my shìt somewhat.
Lazy eze on 20:32 - Mar 8 with 1692 viewsGroveR

Lazy eze on 19:46 - Mar 8 by Antti_Heinola

I don't know for sure, mate, but have heard from pretty decent sources and Les said officially that we did receive a solid bid for one player, but we turned it down, so putting two and two together, it was probably (but not definitely) Eze and Spurs.

If they wanted him in Jan and made a late bid that was rejected, it's likely they'll come back for him again - that stands to reason, unless for some reason their first offer was their absolute highest and final offer. Which would be bizarre.

Not sure why you're going on about undisclosed fees - I never mentioned them! Think there are sound reasons sometimes, however annoying it is for us fans.

No, you didn't but they appear to be central to most transfers these days. What would you consider "sound reasons?"
Login to get fewer ads

Lazy eze on 20:49 - Mar 8 with 1651 viewsdanehoop

Lazy eze on 20:32 - Mar 8 by GroveR

No, you didn't but they appear to be central to most transfers these days. What would you consider "sound reasons?"

Pretty clearly to not give anything away to those you might be looking to buy players from.

To also not to give steer to any other potential buyers of players an idea of how much resource you may have available to bid against them for a particular player.

To not provide any agents of potential (and existing) players how much be available within the budget for wages/transfers.

To be honest I see little value/benefit as a business to sharing any sensitive financial data with external sources. Might be frustrating to us fans, but that doesn't really have much commercial or strategic value to the business.

Never knowingly understood

Lazy eze on 21:14 - Mar 8 with 1616 viewsWrightUp5hit___

I seem to remember a quote from Gareth about Eze, essentially saying he is the type of player who plays better the higher the level he is playing at, and the better the players he plays with.
Lazy eze on 21:39 - Mar 8 with 1583 viewsEsox_Lucius

Lazy eze on 21:14 - Mar 8 by WrightUp5hit___

I seem to remember a quote from Gareth about Eze, essentially saying he is the type of player who plays better the higher the level he is playing at, and the better the players he plays with.

So basically, there is no need for him to leave QPR, by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.

The grass is always greener.

Lazy eze on 21:54 - Mar 8 with 1552 viewsGroveR

Lazy eze on 20:49 - Mar 8 by danehoop

Pretty clearly to not give anything away to those you might be looking to buy players from.

To also not to give steer to any other potential buyers of players an idea of how much resource you may have available to bid against them for a particular player.

To not provide any agents of potential (and existing) players how much be available within the budget for wages/transfers.

To be honest I see little value/benefit as a business to sharing any sensitive financial data with external sources. Might be frustrating to us fans, but that doesn't really have much commercial or strategic value to the business.

"I see little value/benefit as a business to sharing any sensitive financial data with external sources"

Have you read our (publicly available) accounts?
Lazy eze on 22:04 - Mar 8 with 1523 viewsEsox_Lucius

Lazy eze on 21:54 - Mar 8 by GroveR

"I see little value/benefit as a business to sharing any sensitive financial data with external sources"

Have you read our (publicly available) accounts?

They don't show any sensitive data regarding transfer fees or salaries.

The grass is always greener.

Lazy eze on 22:28 - Mar 8 with 1488 viewsGroveR

Lazy eze on 22:04 - Mar 8 by Esox_Lucius

They don't show any sensitive data regarding transfer fees or salaries.

But they do mate:

#QPR received no benefit from player sales, actually posting a £137k loss compared to a £7m profit the prior year

https://mobile.twitter.com/swissramble/status/1099955749843800064

If we record £0m in next seasons books, having sold Eze, then we sold him for £0m. Did I miss an accounting trick here?
Lazy eze on 00:45 - Mar 9 with 1386 viewsbob566

Lazy eze on 18:37 - Mar 8 by LazyFan

Complete fantasy.

15m. I don't buy that. Just my opinion but I reckon we'd have snapped their hands off for that.
Lazy eze on 05:48 - Mar 9 with 1298 viewsdanehoop

Lazy eze on 22:28 - Mar 8 by GroveR

But they do mate:

#QPR received no benefit from player sales, actually posting a £137k loss compared to a £7m profit the prior year

https://mobile.twitter.com/swissramble/status/1099955749843800064

If we record £0m in next seasons books, having sold Eze, then we sold him for £0m. Did I miss an accounting trick here?

But the accounts do not show individual transactions in real time, all they show retrospectively is what our total transfer activity at a historic snapshot in time. That is completely different to providing real time individual data on each individual transfer and provides much more limited information of current use to agents and competitors.

Never knowingly understood

Lazy eze on 14:19 - Mar 9 with 1122 viewssimmo

Lazy eze on 18:00 - Mar 8 by Antti_Heinola

Agree that Leicester is the best place, if Rodgers stays. He can settle in next season and become the Maddison replacement the following Jan/Summer. They play his style of football and he will def improve under Brendy.

Villa as a Grealish replacement - if they survive. Grealish is the player I think Eze's most similar to in terms of how he plays and that everything good goes through him. Also Dean Smith, like Warburton, knows how to build a team around a good technician.

It would also be v painful, but Brentford if they go up would be great for him, their style and attack first mentality with a culture of youth... It would be horrible to see him go there but for him personally, would be a great fit.

Bournemouth another good option, they buy young English talent and actually play them - but he's probably a bit too similar to Brooks so unless they need to replace him, that's less viable.

I know to us the main thing is what we get for him, but I really hope he chooses the right place for his development - he has so much potential but this next move is the stepping stone to an elite club and international recognition - so it's really important he does the right thing.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Lazy eze on 14:22 - Mar 9 with 1115 viewsGloucs_R

Lazy eze on 14:19 - Mar 9 by simmo

Agree that Leicester is the best place, if Rodgers stays. He can settle in next season and become the Maddison replacement the following Jan/Summer. They play his style of football and he will def improve under Brendy.

Villa as a Grealish replacement - if they survive. Grealish is the player I think Eze's most similar to in terms of how he plays and that everything good goes through him. Also Dean Smith, like Warburton, knows how to build a team around a good technician.

It would also be v painful, but Brentford if they go up would be great for him, their style and attack first mentality with a culture of youth... It would be horrible to see him go there but for him personally, would be a great fit.

Bournemouth another good option, they buy young English talent and actually play them - but he's probably a bit too similar to Brooks so unless they need to replace him, that's less viable.

I know to us the main thing is what we get for him, but I really hope he chooses the right place for his development - he has so much potential but this next move is the stepping stone to an elite club and international recognition - so it's really important he does the right thing.

Leicester, Southampton, Everton would all be good clubs for him.

West Ham would be in for him too.

I think a couple of years in Germany would do him good. Dortmund or similar.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Lazy eze on 14:29 - Mar 9 with 1088 viewssimmo

Lazy eze on 14:22 - Mar 9 by Gloucs_R

Leicester, Southampton, Everton would all be good clubs for him.

West Ham would be in for him too.

I think a couple of years in Germany would do him good. Dortmund or similar.

I know it might be different now with Ancelotti, but Everton haven't got a great modern track record of buying young talent and actually playing them (Lookman, etc), especially 'luxury' style number 10's. They hoarded attacking midfielders a year or 2 back and some didn't get a look in.

Don't they also have one of if not the best youth teams in the country? You would think if they had a real philosophy of playing youth, we'd have seen more of their own feature.

West Ham under the new owners can suck themselves, I wouldn't send any player with ambition to that club playing in that stadium.

Agree completely that abroad is probably good for him in terms of style, but unlikely we'll maximise our financial return by selling outside the PL.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Lazy eze on 14:43 - Mar 9 with 1060 viewsNorthernr

Lazy eze on 19:46 - Mar 8 by Antti_Heinola

We had enquiries for players - think Palace asked about Eze very late in the window when they missed out on Bowen - but I hear the only firm official written offer we got for one of the young treasures in January was Blackburn for Ryan Manning at the princely sum of £250k
Lazy eze on 15:16 - Mar 9 with 1020 viewsTacticalR

Lazy eze on 14:43 - Mar 9 by Northernr

We had enquiries for players - think Palace asked about Eze very late in the window when they missed out on Bowen - but I hear the only firm official written offer we got for one of the young treasures in January was Blackburn for Ryan Manning at the princely sum of £250k

Cheek!

Air hostess clique

Lazy eze on 15:43 - Mar 9 with 970 viewsGloucs_R

So they clearly missed the part where we have a one-year extension on his contract then.....

Poll: Are we staying up?

Lazy eze on 15:44 - Mar 9 with 962 viewsderbyhoop

I know Sir Les is quite diplomatic but I hope the 2nd (and last) word in response was Off.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Lazy eze on 15:56 - Mar 9 with 923 viewsW7Ranger

Lazy eze on 15:44 - Mar 9 by derbyhoop

I know Sir Les is quite diplomatic but I hope the 2nd (and last) word in response was Off.

"way" off?

Lazy eze on 15:58 - Mar 9 with 918 viewsQPR_John

Lazy eze on 00:45 - Mar 9 by bob566

15m. I don't buy that. Just my opinion but I reckon we'd have snapped their hands off for that.

And maybe that's what Spurs thought. Maybe we are not the pushovers we once were.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024