Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lazy eze 21:05 - Mar 7 with 7868 viewsBobbi66

Would walk into any top premier league team
Lazy eze on 16:01 - Mar 9 with 1672 viewsTacticalR

Would £250k even cover Manning's hardship allowance?

'Hardship allowances are normally calculated as a percentage of salary, sometimes 30 per cent or more in areas where it is particularly difficult or unpleasant to live and work.'

Air hostess clique

Lazy eze on 18:21 - Mar 9 with 1577 viewsDejR_vu

Lazy eze on 14:43 - Mar 9 by Northernr

We had enquiries for players - think Palace asked about Eze very late in the window when they missed out on Bowen - but I hear the only firm official written offer we got for one of the young treasures in January was Blackburn for Ryan Manning at the princely sum of £250k

Taking the p1ss on a whole new level. I wonder if they asked for Eze and BOS to be thrown in aswell, a sort of buy one get two free job.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Lazy eze on 18:49 - Mar 9 with 1537 viewsLazyFan

On retrospect, I suspect at a mere guess based upon a pure fantasy that we had an enquiry for BOS. This was responded with a high estimate on our part to see if they would come back and bite.

As this was late on in the window, we mitigated the risk by bringing in Clarke just in case they did meet our valuation. Which would explain why we signed him on loan when really we needed another Striker as we had lost Wells.

Of course, this is just guess based on our weird transfer policy that seems to be working now because we only sign young ens.
Like duh!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Lazy eze on 22:46 - Mar 9 with 1458 viewsbob566

Lazy eze on 15:58 - Mar 9 by QPR_John

And maybe that's what Spurs thought. Maybe we are not the pushovers we once were.

Maybe but in our last season of premiership payments I'd be surprised.
Lazy eze on 05:32 - Mar 10 with 1349 viewstimcocking

That finish from Eze...sublime. How he made that look so easy...that was a world class finish.
Lazy eze on 07:49 - Mar 10 with 1287 viewsjohncharles

Lazy eze on 05:32 - Mar 10 by timcocking

That finish from Eze...sublime. How he made that look so easy...that was a world class finish.

Something of Adel about that goal.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 7:50]

Strong and stable my arse.

Lazy eze on 14:05 - Mar 10 with 1170 viewsQPR_John

Lazy eze on 22:46 - Mar 9 by bob566

Maybe but in our last season of premiership payments I'd be surprised.

It's a fine dividing line. If the only offer for Eze was £5M would you accept. What about anything less than £10M. Whatever the bid our financial situation would be the same and bidding clubs would be aware of it
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 14:06]
Lazy eze on 14:16 - Mar 10 with 1141 viewsdannyblue

Lazy eze on 14:05 - Mar 10 by QPR_John

It's a fine dividing line. If the only offer for Eze was £5M would you accept. What about anything less than £10M. Whatever the bid our financial situation would be the same and bidding clubs would be aware of it

And our financial situation is that we're well within FFP, have room even to spend a little, and our owners seem to continue to be content to subsidise our allowable losses.

The bigger concern is that we wouldn't want to lose him for nothing in the summer of 2021. I would hope, to protect all parties, we get him signed up onto a generous new contract, with a gentleman's agreement about the kind of clubs we'd let him leave for, and the circumstances in which we do so, and a promise that his staying would be part of a concerted promotion push. To give him (his agent) peace of mind we might need to offer some kind of realistic but beneficial release clause (say £30m), or to really align goals, a kicker of a % of any transfer fee achieved over a set threshold (say £15m).
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 14:20]
Login to get fewer ads

Lazy eze on 14:19 - Mar 10 with 1139 viewsNorthernr

Rsonist made a good point a couple of months back when it comes to his eventual value - his position and role in the team isn't that conducive to a big fee.

Maupay, striker, 20 goals a season, easy. Webster, centre back who can also play a bit, easy. Bright, out and out winger, goes past people, east. Eze, well it'a bit more fluid and you kind of have to structure your team correctly to get him in, might make him a less attractive/more complicated option.

Things that mitigate against that - lots of teams play 4-2-3-1 now, and he's perfect for it. And he's shown for us this season and England U21s that he is capable of playing a set position, like wide left, and diligently doing the other bits of the game.
Lazy eze on 14:25 - Mar 10 with 1115 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lazy eze on 14:19 - Mar 10 by Northernr

Rsonist made a good point a couple of months back when it comes to his eventual value - his position and role in the team isn't that conducive to a big fee.

Maupay, striker, 20 goals a season, easy. Webster, centre back who can also play a bit, easy. Bright, out and out winger, goes past people, east. Eze, well it'a bit more fluid and you kind of have to structure your team correctly to get him in, might make him a less attractive/more complicated option.

Things that mitigate against that - lots of teams play 4-2-3-1 now, and he's perfect for it. And he's shown for us this season and England U21s that he is capable of playing a set position, like wide left, and diligently doing the other bits of the game.

Agree with rsonist's point and also your points in mitigation.

I would add this - Eze has far more talent than most. If - and it is an if - a club decides that he fits into their team they also know he has the talent to improve it massively. So maybe it's a case of less bidders but higher value regardless.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lazy eze on 14:26 - Mar 10 with 1107 viewsNorthernr

Lazy eze on 14:25 - Mar 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree with rsonist's point and also your points in mitigation.

I would add this - Eze has far more talent than most. If - and it is an if - a club decides that he fits into their team they also know he has the talent to improve it massively. So maybe it's a case of less bidders but higher value regardless.

He's also just getting better and better and better. The improvement on 12 months ago is marked.
Lazy eze on 14:29 - Mar 10 with 1088 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lazy eze on 14:26 - Mar 10 by Northernr

He's also just getting better and better and better. The improvement on 12 months ago is marked.

It's really impressive.

I saw on the front page of LFW a link to a two-minute playlist of Eze against Preston. Whenever I see one of them it really hammers home just how often he makes the right decision now and just how economical he is with the ball while also being joyously expressive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lazy eze on 14:42 - Mar 10 with 1056 viewsdannyblue

James Maddison and David Brooks are good comparables.

Maddison went for £22m after one full championship season with 3+1 years remaining on his contract.

In the same summer David Brooks went to Bournemouth for £11.5m. He'd played fewer games and had 3 years left on his contract.

Eze's only got 1 year left on his contract (unless there's a secret Hoos +1 in there that they didn't announce), but has played two and half seasons of championship games. So more valuable on experience, and there has been inflation too, but less valuable on contract status.
Lazy eze on 15:38 - Mar 10 with 1003 viewsfrancisbowles

Lazy eze on 14:05 - Mar 10 by QPR_John

Our financial position has improved, marginally, so you would turn it down and try to sell others if you needed to.

The issue then becomes how long is his contract but even if it is only a year with no option, which I don't know but suspect is the case, then the £5 million would probably still be there in January.
Lazy eze on 15:52 - Mar 10 with 961 viewsswitchingcode

Christ the valuations make me wonder what our front 3 are worth.😃He’s a quality player 12 /15 mill I’d think although not an impressive scoring record.BoS impresses me thought he was excellent at our ground this season and gave Henry a tough time which not many do.
Lazy eze on 15:59 - Mar 10 with 946 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lazy eze on 14:29 - Mar 10 by BrianMcCarthy

It's really impressive.

I saw on the front page of LFW a link to a two-minute playlist of Eze against Preston. Whenever I see one of them it really hammers home just how often he makes the right decision now and just how economical he is with the ball while also being joyously expressive.

Always makes me aligh at games when people shout 'man on' at him all game, as if he doesn't know. How people an watch him for this long and not notice that the guy has a brilliant eye and is ALWAYS aware of exactly where he is and who is or isn't near him. Got more brains in his baby toenail than a lot of the experts in the stands!

Bare bones.

Lazy eze on 16:31 - Mar 10 with 890 viewsNorthernr

Lazy eze on 15:52 - Mar 10 by switchingcode

Christ the valuations make me wonder what our front 3 are worth.😃He’s a quality player 12 /15 mill I’d think although not an impressive scoring record.BoS impresses me thought he was excellent at our ground this season and gave Henry a tough time which not many do.

12 goals from midfield (albeit advanced midfield) isn't bad - two more than benrahma, two fewer than Mbeumo.

Likely to end up on 15ish and averages almost exactly one in four through his career which, again, isn't bad for somebody who doesn't play up front, is still young and has mostly been playing in a crap side.
Lazy eze on 16:41 - Mar 10 with 872 viewsBenny_the_Ball

In some ways Eze reminds me of Le Tissier. Very skilful, composed and always looks like he has time on the ball. They both have a fluid, elegant style which to the untrained eye could be confused as languid. Le Tissier too suffered from unfair accusations of laziness. Just a shame that Eze won't be emulating Matt by staying at QPR for the rest of his career!
Lazy eze on 17:11 - Mar 10 with 831 viewsngbqpr

Lazy eze on 14:42 - Mar 10 by dannyblue

James Maddison and David Brooks are good comparables.

Maddison went for £22m after one full championship season with 3+1 years remaining on his contract.

In the same summer David Brooks went to Bournemouth for £11.5m. He'd played fewer games and had 3 years left on his contract.

Eze's only got 1 year left on his contract (unless there's a secret Hoos +1 in there that they didn't announce), but has played two and half seasons of championship games. So more valuable on experience, and there has been inflation too, but less valuable on contract status.

Maddison Norwich stats 2017-18.
44 games
14 goals
8 assists

Brooks Sheff Utd same season
30 games
3 goals
4 assists

Eze already on 12 & 8 (albeit that includes 3 pens - tho I argue he'd have scored 2 from free play at Hull had he not been chopped ;))

As you say, their contract situations were very different but EE's stats more than match up.

To put them all in context - Adel in the promotion season, 19 goals (3 or 4 pens?) and 21 assists in 44!

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Lazy eze on 17:27 - Mar 10 with 798 viewssimmo

The only differences I could see previously with Maddison is that he played for Coventry before joining Norwich and had more England U21 games. But with Eze's loan spell at Wycombe and now matching him for stats in the Championship, I actually think we would be close to the same offer if they had similar time on their contracts.

My gut feeling is c£15m plus add ons - but a lot depends on how many clubs are properly in for him...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Lazy eze on 17:41 - Mar 10 with 757 viewsswitchingcode

Lazy eze on 16:31 - Mar 10 by Northernr

12 goals from midfield (albeit advanced midfield) isn't bad - two more than benrahma, two fewer than Mbeumo.

Likely to end up on 15ish and averages almost exactly one in four through his career which, again, isn't bad for somebody who doesn't play up front, is still young and has mostly been playing in a crap side.

I was looking at his total over his time at Qpr he only scored 4 in 42 last season but more than decent 11 in 33 this season so big improvement so I agree with you.Doubt if you will be able to get the chance to see the best of him something we have had to get used to by selling players over recent years.
Lazy eze on 17:17 - Mar 17 with 563 viewsingeminate

Lazy eze on 16:17 - Mar 8 by danehoop

I agree. There are certainly parallels, but Sterling is the finished article and has been coached by some of the best in the world at amazing facilities and been tested and proven at the very top level of club and international football. Eze has played average second tier games, coached by very good second tier coaches on a rented training ground. He is currently a squad player in the under 21 team. He is good and developing incredibly well in the circumstances, but to get to the next level he probably needs a little more speed (he isn’t slow, but Players like Sterling tend to lightning quick ).

Don’t get me wrong he is the best player I’ve seen since Taraabt, but Adel found the Prem a step up.

It’s true Adel didn’t hit the heights in the premier league, he was still our best player. He was good enough to mix it with the best, his performance away against Chelsea is one of the best I’ve ever seen.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024