Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Austin and new strikers 16:12 - Jun 3 with 5305 viewsGloucs_R

Would you take him back next season?

Seems to still have a soft spot for us and get the impression he's not settled at WBA. Could see him being released on a free.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 7:19]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Charlie Austin on 00:26 - Jun 4 with 1672 viewssmegma

Charlie Austin on 16:42 - Jun 3 by Boston

Charlie’s past his checkpoint.

He didn't crack a smile either
Charlie Austin on 07:16 - Jun 4 with 1594 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Charlie Austin on 00:26 - Jun 4 by smegma

He didn't crack a smile either

It's no laughing party, Smeg.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Charlie Austin on 07:18 - Jun 4 with 1590 viewsGloucs_R

Who was the Scottish last we were sniffing around? Was he at Dundee?

I know one it two will get upset, but nothing Oteh has done makes me think he'll become a championship striker.

So we will need two more strikers next season. Plus another 4/5 players too.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Charlie Austin and new strikers on 07:31 - Jun 4 with 1565 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just about every L1 striker capable of stepping up will be cheaper than a few months ago. Would rather put in a vulture’s bid on someone at that level just as the vultures will be circling with pitiful bids for Eze and BOS.

This assumes we have any ability to spend money, which possibly we don’t.
Charlie Austin on 07:52 - Jun 4 with 1545 viewsHooparoo

Charlie Austin on 07:16 - Jun 4 by BrianMcCarthy

It's no laughing party, Smeg.

When you’re on the murder mile

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Charlie Austin and new strikers on 09:32 - Jun 4 with 1440 viewsEsox_Lucius

Charley Kendall to step up?

The grass is always greener.

Charlie Austin and new strikers on 10:09 - Jun 4 with 1399 viewsNorthantsHoop

Loved what Austin did for us, but time has sailed on for him and he is not the player he was. Looked unfit at WBA and if he does regain full fitness see him more as an impact player, the goals he scored at WBA seemed to have come from being used as a substitute.

These BCD games might give Oteh the opportunity to see if he can perform at Championship level without crowd pressure etc. I think it is worth a gamble in these few games to decide either way if he is to be kept or let go.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 10:10]
Charlie Austin and new strikers on 10:27 - Jun 4 with 1354 viewsHooparoo

Charlie Austin and new strikers on 10:09 - Jun 4 by NorthantsHoop

Loved what Austin did for us, but time has sailed on for him and he is not the player he was. Looked unfit at WBA and if he does regain full fitness see him more as an impact player, the goals he scored at WBA seemed to have come from being used as a substitute.

These BCD games might give Oteh the opportunity to see if he can perform at Championship level without crowd pressure etc. I think it is worth a gamble in these few games to decide either way if he is to be kept or let go.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 10:10]

Agree

Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Austin and new strikers on 11:00 - Jun 4 with 1316 viewsloftboy

I would rather keep Hugill if his wages were within our parameters

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Charlie Austin and new strikers on 11:30 - Jun 4 with 1284 viewsNorthantsHoop

Charlie Austin and new strikers on 11:00 - Jun 4 by loftboy

I would rather keep Hugill if his wages were within our parameters

I agree, think Hugill is perfectly suited to the Championship. He has done well for us this season, but wages are a sticking point. Can only see him coming to us on a perm deal as a makeweight for Eze, and that would be dependent on the following:

1. West Ham to stay up.
2. Eze fee element of the deal is sufficient, around £15 to £17m, Hugill probably worth in region of £6m as a Championship sale. Also we should ensure we have an add on sale percentage for Eze, if we take Hugill probably around 10% for starters.
3. Hugill's wages fit into a reduced wage limit for the club, albeit with a premium for a reduction on his Premier wages. But in the current financial situation and how the club want to tailor the wages structure, a wage of say £20k a week looks a difficult one.

Of course, with us only 6 points adrift of the play off places, if we can get into these and by a miracle go up, there is no need to sell Eze, build a side around him, Osayi-Samuel and Chair, plus can then afford to look at striking options. We can but dream!!
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 11:31]
Charlie Austin and new strikers on 12:25 - Jun 4 with 1227 viewsBucksRanger

We'd get Hugill plus £2mil for Eze according to this.

https://www.claretandhugh.info/west-ham-could-enter-into-qpr-swap-deal/

Don't think that would go down at all well.
Charlie Austin on 12:27 - Jun 4 with 1226 viewsrobith

Charlie Austin on 22:46 - Jun 3 by Jigsore

Austin likely only joined us because he failed that medical at Hull. Another stroke of luck, bar his shoulder falling apart midway through the Zamora season, was we actually sold him while he was still relatively fit and available. Albeit not for much. Usually we're the mugs who buy the Austin Southampton got.

with all that luck going our way already not sure why you'd take a gamble on him!

Yeah people always say we got robbed, but he went on to score 16 goals in 3 years. Imagine if we'd bought a striker for that with that record, the boos would be incessant
Charlie Austin on 12:35 - Jun 4 with 1216 viewsflynnbo

Charlie Austin on 07:18 - Jun 4 by Gloucs_R

Who was the Scottish last we were sniffing around? Was he at Dundee?

I know one it two will get upset, but nothing Oteh has done makes me think he'll become a championship striker.

So we will need two more strikers next season. Plus another 4/5 players too.

Lawrence Shankland and they're willing to listen to offers. A lot will depend on whether we sell Eze and maybe even Bright and then possibly getting in Axel and Shankland. However, the world has changed a great deal recently and conjecture is rife.
Charlie Austin and new strikers on 13:32 - Jun 4 with 1158 viewsterryb

Charlie Austin and new strikers on 12:25 - Jun 4 by BucksRanger

I don't think there is a chance of this happening. They have devalued the Eze fee but have left Hugill at pre March.

Eze has also said that he wants to play in The Champions League. Joining West Ham is unlikely to help him achieve that ambition & Moyes wouldn't allow him the freedom that his game flourishes with.
Charlie Austin and new strikers on 14:27 - Jun 4 with 1100 viewsDannytheR

Charlie Austin and new strikers on 12:25 - Jun 4 by BucksRanger

Wow.

As bad a deal as the last player + cash deal we did with West Ham, which must still be the worst deal in the history of English football.
Charlie Austin and new strikers on 17:48 - Jun 4 with 1026 viewsAntti_Heinola

£10m plus Hugill would get me to the negotiating table as a start off point. But it would need to be more like £12m plus Hugill for me Clive.

Bare bones.

Charlie Austin and new strikers on 18:00 - Jun 4 with 1005 viewsdistortR

Charlie Austin and new strikers on 17:48 - Jun 4 by Antti_Heinola

£10m plus Hugill would get me to the negotiating table as a start off point. But it would need to be more like £12m plus Hugill for me Clive.

£2m plus Hugill, an apology for previous transfer dealings between the 2 clubs and we keep Eze.
Charlie Austin and new strikers on 18:50 - Jun 4 with 952 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Charlie Austin and new strikers on 18:00 - Jun 4 by distortR

£2m plus Hugill, an apology for previous transfer dealings between the 2 clubs and we keep Eze.

And they promise not to sing about bubbles anymore.

Charlie Austin and new strikers on 19:00 - Jun 4 with 925 viewsKonk

Charlie Austin and the new strikers is a great name for a band. No views whatsoever on whether or not you should re-sign CA, mind.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Charlie Austin and new strikers on 19:01 - Jun 4 with 923 viewsfrancisbowles

Charlie Austin and new strikers on 18:50 - Jun 4 by BrianMcCarthy

and lose that bloody machine.
Charlie Austin and new strikers on 19:08 - Jun 4 with 914 viewsqprd

To me, the analysis is no different than nakhi Wells

Player on the wrong side of 30, likely will cost a decent bit to buy and whose wages will be high... no resale value... doesn’t fit in with our long term strategy of buying young and selling on

Add to that, that unlike wells, he’s injury prone and has been out of shape for the last 12 months

There’s a sentimentality to him coming back... a sentimentality that led many to think Wells would stay (eg he liked rangers, his twins looked cute in qpr kits,, lee Hoos has a relationship with Burnley)... but at the end of the day, it almost always comes down to money

I would actually be somewhat annoyed if we did sign him bc it’d reflect a deviation from the effective strategy we’re currently adopting
Charlie Austin and new strikers on 19:27 - Jun 4 with 891 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Charlie Austin and new strikers on 19:00 - Jun 4 by Konk

Charlie Austin and the new strikers is a great name for a band. No views whatsoever on whether or not you should re-sign CA, mind.

You're not wrong. It's the result of an industry-shattering merger between Charlie himself and MOR stalwarts The New Seekers. As you can see Loftus Road's doing ok after the re-seeding.

The same can't be said for Charlie, seen here far right. His hair has gone wild during the lockdown, he's clearly trying to hide a huge gut and his legs have shrank considerably.

This scouting lark is difficult. No wonder Penrice quit.

Charlie Austin and new strikers on 21:06 - Jun 4 with 826 viewsHooparoo

It’s Hugill’s birthday so they have a montage of all his goals this season on Instagram. What’s interesting with each goal is how good his movement is. Great diagonal runs and the team seem to well understand that if you get a half decent cross into the box that Hugill will be bustling defenders out of the way to get on the end of it.

If we can afford him we should keep him. Clearly well liked in the group and a bit of a character.

Charlie Austin and new strikers on 21:45 - Jun 4 with 784 viewsdistortR

Charlie Austin and new strikers on 18:50 - Jun 4 by BrianMcCarthy

yeah, that should be Fulham's preserve.
Charlie Austin and new strikers on 22:15 - Jun 4 with 754 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Charlie Austin and new strikers on 21:45 - Jun 4 by distortR

yeah, that should be Fulham's preserve.

Subtle.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024