Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton Speaks Ahead of Fulham Match 18:20 - Jun 29 with 2857 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Stout defence of players' fitness and work rate, as you'd expect.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/have-no-doubts-and-no-regrets/

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warburton Speaks Ahead of Fulham Match on 13:54 - Jun 30 with 532 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton Speaks Ahead of Fulham Match on 10:24 - Jun 30 by daveB

I don't buy into the lack of fitness stuff, they look fit to me but they are just not playing well.

The main issues have not been fitness they have been basic defending, letting men run off you in open play for the Barnsley goal and not reacting quickly to defending crosses and corners, that problem has been there all season even when playing well.

Also going forward we are too slow on the ball and looking for safe option all the time, putting in a few crosses and fighting for the second ball would make a huge difference.

Performances in last 2 games were very similar to ones against Reading and Hull over Christmas.

Yep agree.

Can't see how Hugill missing an 'easy' one on one is down to lack of fitness or effort either!
Warburton Speaks Ahead of Fulham Match on 13:54 - Jun 30 with 528 views2Thomas2Bowles

Warburton Speaks Ahead of Fulham Match on 13:51 - Jun 30 by PinnerPaul

More 'clipped the edge of the target' for me but hey ho!

All Opinions Matter

innit

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warburton Speaks Ahead of Fulham Match on 13:56 - Jun 30 with 520 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton Speaks Ahead of Fulham Match on 11:04 - Jun 30 by Northolt_Rs

As was Warburton’s team against Barnsley and Charlton. We were abysmal in both games and that interview by MW was poor. He - and we - needs a big bounce back tonight. I’m going for a streaky 1-0 to the supahoopsa! COYRs!!

He said we were poor and it wasn't good enough - his issue is that he says it isn't down to lack of fitness or effort or that the attitude is somehow 'wrong'
Warburton Speaks Ahead of Fulham Match on 13:59 - Jun 30 with 495 views2Thomas2Bowles

Warburton Speaks Ahead of Fulham Match on 13:56 - Jun 30 by PinnerPaul

He said we were poor and it wasn't good enough - his issue is that he says it isn't down to lack of fitness or effort or that the attitude is somehow 'wrong'

His management skills then or is he above any criticism.

Don't see him admitting to any blame of himself.

He has already put out excuses if we lose again, small squad, how good foolham are ...

Nothing to do with me gov...
[Post edited 30 Jun 2020 14:05]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warburton Speaks Ahead of Fulham Match on 14:10 - Jun 30 with 461 viewseastside_r

I have probably made this point before but I think it is worth repeating here.

The 90+ minutes we see once or twice a week is the culmination of the work done previously at the office*. For the playing squad their office is the training ground. Think about your own office and how the characters interact and how well the organisation functions (or not) as a unit.

Often, we hear retrospectively of times when the team wasn’t performing; a common theme is cliques at the training ground / obnoxious individuals disrupting. On the flip side successful teams often have that x factor where everyone gets on in the right way. I am always struck when you hear the players talk of the early 90’s in that magnificent team under Gerry. There were some strong characters nearly always mentioned (Macca’s bantz with Bardsley) and consider that Andy Sinton played for a number of teams and there is a reason he ended up back here as club ambassador.

And consider now, a relatively ‘new’ squad with a lot of young players suddenly shorn of an old pro (Pugh) and the club captain (Hall), with the previous armband wearer (Leistner) also shipped out not long before. Add this to the general uncertainty regarding Covid and no supportive fans to re-assure.

I’ve worked in offices like that, and that dynamic rarely brings the best out in people; however, talented or not they may be.

(* For office read shop, building site etc. whatever the workplace you usually experience.)
Warburton Speaks Ahead of Fulham Match on 14:10 - Jun 30 with 460 viewsdanehoop

I just think they look a week or two off the other teams we have played. A little rusty, not quite anticipating things between as they were before lockdown. Not a lack of effort, not necessarily fitness in itself, they just aren't quite as fluid as they were prior to the break.

It must be exceptionally difficult to restart coaching of the team after such an extended period of disruption. That would have been made worse with the loss of experienced players who may have been very influential with such a young and experienced side. I'd also speculate that in an effort to get the squad fit, we may have worked less intensively on some of the coaching routines we had been using so effectively before the break. Alternatively new C19 arrangements may have meant changing some of the training patterns which has also proven to be less effective than hoped.

Whichever it is, that comparative lack of match sharpness has been the difference for me and would explain why some may appear to be going through the motions when they are not. They just arent quite firing, the challenge for MW is to turn this around quickly so that the team is putting a few results and performances together to carry us in to the summer break with some momentum to build upon.

Never knowingly understood

Warburton Speaks Ahead of Fulham Match on 14:10 - Jun 30 with 457 viewsconnell10

Warburton Speaks Ahead of Fulham Match on 13:56 - Jun 30 by PinnerPaul

The attitude is somehow wrong seems very vague mate
. I think Bos for example is playing within himself because he doesnt want to get injured for a summer move! Along with a few others.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Warburton Speaks Ahead of Fulham Match on 14:34 - Jun 30 with 407 viewsTheChef

Warburton Speaks Ahead of Fulham Match on 10:24 - Jun 30 by daveB

I don't buy into the lack of fitness stuff, they look fit to me but they are just not playing well.

The main issues have not been fitness they have been basic defending, letting men run off you in open play for the Barnsley goal and not reacting quickly to defending crosses and corners, that problem has been there all season even when playing well.

Also going forward we are too slow on the ball and looking for safe option all the time, putting in a few crosses and fighting for the second ball would make a huge difference.

Performances in last 2 games were very similar to ones against Reading and Hull over Christmas.

It's the hoary old chestnut of 'goals change games, Brian'.

In both games we have had presentable chances that should have been put away. I'm not saying by any means we've played brilliantly, but if we score those goals then inevitably we have a better chance of not losing.

I feel like I'm stating the bleeding obvious so please excuse me - anyway here's hoping we find the net tonight. Although given our defending over the last few seasons, chances of keeping a clean sheet are very slim.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton Speaks Ahead of Fulham Match on 14:35 - Jun 30 with 403 viewsdaveB

Warburton Speaks Ahead of Fulham Match on 14:10 - Jun 30 by connell10

The attitude is somehow wrong seems very vague mate
. I think Bos for example is playing within himself because he doesnt want to get injured for a summer move! Along with a few others.

That could be true but Bright pre December was playing pretty much the same as he has the last 2 games in looking low on confidence and self belief.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024