Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico 10:43 - Jul 3 with 9080 viewsWelsh_Ranger

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-23s-news/youngsters-commit-futures-to-qpr/

Good news, lets see how a few of them develop, didn't realise that Duncan was 21. Kendall is meant to be a good prospect upfront?
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:01 - Jul 3 with 5763 viewsderbyhoop

A big bunch of signings. They won't all make it at League level but it's encouraging that the club think they have a chance.

I wait for Smegma's take on them all.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:22 - Jul 3 with 5730 viewsNorthernr

We do love to have a youngster hanging around miles away from the first team with no chance of ever playing but somehow constantly getting his contract renewed.
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:23 - Jul 3 with 5722 viewsMistication92

Kai Woollard-Innocent

How do you get that into a chant?
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:29 - Jul 3 with 5703 viewsBrianMcCarthy

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:22 - Jul 3 by Northernr

We do love to have a youngster hanging around miles away from the first team with no chance of ever playing but somehow constantly getting his contract renewed.

Yes, but isn't this very simple? Not to rain on their big day but some players are kept on because they will break through, some because they may, and some purely because we have to field an U-23 team.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:39 - Jul 3 with 5673 viewsbosh67

All good but we do seem to have an alarming lack of strikers coming through and as usual about 200 midfielders.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:40 - Jul 3 with 5669 viewsNorthernr

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:39 - Jul 3 by bosh67

All good but we do seem to have an alarming lack of strikers coming through and as usual about 200 midfielders.

Charley Kendall is the one isn't he Bosh? Just been waiting for a 'new Clive Allen' comparison from your good self before I get the shirt printed up.
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:40 - Jul 3 with 5668 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bosh,

If we can play 200 midfielders every game I think we'll do ok.

I feel bad that i even had to point that out to a woman of your fame.

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:43 - Jul 3 with 5654 viewsfrancisbowles

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:40 - Jul 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Bosh,

If we can play 200 midfielders every game I think we'll do ok.

I feel bad that i even had to point that out to a woman of your fame.

Brian, can we play all six goalkeepers as well?
Login to get fewer ads

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:51 - Jul 3 with 5631 viewsNorthernr

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:43 - Jul 3 by francisbowles

The way ours are playing I still wouldn't back them for a cleaney.
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:51 - Jul 3 with 5622 viewsBrianMcCarthy

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:43 - Jul 3 by francisbowles

We'll need to check that with PinnerPaul....

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:59 - Jul 3 with 5604 viewssuperhoopdownunder

If some of these players are not going to make our first team then shouldn't we let them go instead of another contract? I am thinking Niko here - he's been with us for 6 years now.

Do you think we'll go down the Brentford route of no academy and just a first and reserve team instead?

[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 14:59]
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 15:06 - Jul 3 with 5582 viewsBrianMcCarthy

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:59 - Jul 3 by superhoopdownunder

If some of these players are not going to make our first team then shouldn't we let them go instead of another contract? I am thinking Niko here - he's been with us for 6 years now.

Do you think we'll go down the Brentford route of no academy and just a first and reserve team instead?

[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 14:59]

First question - only the staff can answer that. On this board, some thing Niko can make it as a squad player, for instance. Also to let even your No. 18 from the U-23 squad go you have to find someone with the same talent and attitude. That squad needs to be competitive and have the right squad ethic as well.

Second question - Christ, I hope not. To me, that runs counter to everything a football club, particularly one with roots in the community, should aspire to be.

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 16:02 - Jul 3 with 5526 viewsgazza1

It would be very interesting to know exactly what we are paying these guys......if they have not made the first team by 20 then the likelihood of them being a ‘player’ is very low.

As Norf says we give far too many contracts out.....we need to raise the expectations of our coaches, etc.
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 16:08 - Jul 3 with 5508 viewsWelsh_Ranger

I think Alfa is a striker as well, i'm sure he was on loan at a non league club this season? Kendall has had some injury issues I read
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 16:51 - Jul 3 with 5449 viewsBrianMcCarthy

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 16:02 - Jul 3 by gazza1

It would be very interesting to know exactly what we are paying these guys......if they have not made the first team by 20 then the likelihood of them being a ‘player’ is very low.

As Norf says we give far too many contracts out.....we need to raise the expectations of our coaches, etc.

This is the best era of underage coaching and scouting we've had since the early 90's. The improvement is incredible. Surely that's because our coaches and scouts have raised expectations enormously.

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 17:02 - Jul 3 with 5416 viewsrsonist

Let a bunch go, the system isn't developing players. Keep a bunch on, we're giving out contracts for nothing.

¯_(ツ)_/¯
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 17:11 - Jul 3 with 5389 viewsdaveB

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 17:02 - Jul 3 by rsonist

Let a bunch go, the system isn't developing players. Keep a bunch on, we're giving out contracts for nothing.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

They did let a few go last week
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 18:38 - Jul 3 with 5274 viewsdistortR

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:23 - Jul 3 by Mistication92

Kai Woollard-Innocent

How do you get that into a chant?

easy

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 19:13 - Jul 3 with 5223 viewsaston_hoop

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 16:08 - Jul 3 by Welsh_Ranger

I think Alfa is a striker as well, i'm sure he was on loan at a non league club this season? Kendall has had some injury issues I read

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 19:27 - Jul 3 with 5192 viewsHAYESBOY

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:22 - Jul 3 by Northernr

They have someone to look up to in Todd Kane.

Smells like a trout farm in here

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 20:47 - Jul 3 with 5104 viewsWelsh_Ranger

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 19:13 - Jul 3 by aston_hoop

Who doesn't love a highlights reel - has to be a league 1/2 loan next see if he can cut the mustard.
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 20:48 - Jul 3 with 5100 viewsHooparoo

If they’ve extended Hamaleinen’s contract maybe he’s our left back for Sunday. Be interested to see if he’s improved getting kicked by Scots as Kakay seems to have done. Warnock will likely play 4-4-2 so we’ll need four at the back to counter.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 20:56 - Jul 3 with 5097 viewsWelsh_Ranger

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 20:48 - Jul 3 by Hooparoo

If they’ve extended Hamaleinen’s contract maybe he’s our left back for Sunday. Be interested to see if he’s improved getting kicked by Scots as Kakay seems to have done. Warnock will likely play 4-4-2 so we’ll need four at the back to counter.

He can't play as he was on a season long loan.
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 21:24 - Jul 3 with 5054 viewsHooparoo

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 20:56 - Jul 3 by Welsh_Ranger

He can't play as he was on a season long loan.

I thought signing a new contract might change that.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 23:34 - Jul 3 with 4962 viewssmegma

Really pleased to see Joe Gubbins has signed his first pro contract.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024