Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post COVID capacity. 21:37 - Aug 6 with 10936 viewsSt_Pollock

Just been told by a friend whose EHO department has been working with a number of clubs that the Capacity of Loftus Road next season will be 5,532 and this includes tickets allocated to the press and board.
Post COVID capacity. on 12:06 - Aug 7 with 1978 viewsSt_Pollock

Post COVID capacity. on 11:56 - Aug 7 by stowmarketrange

Whilst not wanting to start another corona thread over this,I don’t agree with a couple of the last posts on this thread.
I know that people should have the choice on some of the things they do,this virus doesn’t just affect the person who has it.Would it be acceptable for someone to die of covid because someone else wanted to see the Qpr v Luton game?

We should all have a duty to care for ourselves,the people we know and also the people we don’t know.Until there is some sort of vaccine or cure for this virus we shouldn’t be allowed to do whatever we want just because we want to.

I understand the point you're making and the position you're adopting but how long do we allow this madness to continue?

The virus kills less than 3 % who contract it and, however harsh this may sound, most of those had significant health issues which were going to kill them anyway. It's also suspected that a number of persons who have had 'Covid-19' listed on their death certificate should not have.

At one point we have to say 'enough is enough, we need to move on' for a number of reasons ranging from the economy to national mental health and plenty in between. The current measures are disproportionate and Draconian in places and there must come a time when we acknowledge this and shift the balance from asking the whole country to abide by the regulations currently in place to asking the most vulnerable to protect themselves.

Not a criticism of your post by the way. You are coming from a position of empathy and I'm coming from a position of cold reality.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 12:07]
Post COVID capacity. on 12:18 - Aug 7 with 1930 viewsstowmarketrange

Post COVID capacity. on 12:06 - Aug 7 by St_Pollock

I understand the point you're making and the position you're adopting but how long do we allow this madness to continue?

The virus kills less than 3 % who contract it and, however harsh this may sound, most of those had significant health issues which were going to kill them anyway. It's also suspected that a number of persons who have had 'Covid-19' listed on their death certificate should not have.

At one point we have to say 'enough is enough, we need to move on' for a number of reasons ranging from the economy to national mental health and plenty in between. The current measures are disproportionate and Draconian in places and there must come a time when we acknowledge this and shift the balance from asking the whole country to abide by the regulations currently in place to asking the most vulnerable to protect themselves.

Not a criticism of your post by the way. You are coming from a position of empathy and I'm coming from a position of cold reality.

The countries that seem to have controlled the virus best seem to be those countries that have really enforced the lockdown.I gather countries like Thailand,South Korea and Vietnam appear to have controlled it.I’m sure they might have as many old and vulnerable people as we have, but maybe by people being forced to do the right things for themselves and their communities,it might be better for everyone.
There appears to be a bit of a localised spike in Aberdeen because people were allowed to do more than they maybe should’ve been allowed to.Or maybe it was just bad luck?

No offence taken mate as it’s good to offer different opinions,but I wouldn’t personally feel safe going to football at the moment,but that is only my view.
Post COVID capacity. on 18:33 - Aug 7 with 1725 viewsWatfordR

One thing that I don't think has been mentioned on this thread (apologies if I missed it) is the likelihood of a compete absence of any atmosphere in the stadium. 5,500 is around League Cup Round One attendance level. No one can really be @rsed to get up or make a noise at those matches. How long is anyone going to want to spend money on a ticket, travel etc to see matches in those circumstances, almost irrespective of results or quality of football?

I think EFL football is dead in the water with these kinds of restrictions.
Post COVID capacity. on 19:06 - Aug 7 with 1695 viewstraininvain

Post COVID capacity. on 09:59 - Aug 7 by robith

Do people really want to go to fooball that badly? Forgetting the health risks for a moment, it sounds like a terrible experience

Agreed. I’m not fussed about sitting in a half empty ground with half my pals missing, no away fans and little atmosphere.

I’ll probably go to the pub before games though to catch up with mates but I’d rather wait until a vaccine or whatever it takes to see a full Loftus Road again.
Post COVID capacity. on 19:16 - Aug 7 with 1674 viewskensalriser

Post COVID capacity. on 12:06 - Aug 7 by St_Pollock

How many more corpses would you like to see before you take it seriously?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Post COVID capacity. on 19:20 - Aug 7 with 1663 viewsqprxtc

Fret not, Tony Incenzo will be there to cover all our needs. I think it’s contractually written that QPR cannot play at home unless he is there.

I just hope the blue and white bar is open for me. And Mr Paddox.
Post COVID capacity. on 19:32 - Aug 7 with 1647 viewsSt_Pollock

Post COVID capacity. on 19:16 - Aug 7 by kensalriser

How many more corpses would you like to see before you take it seriously?

It's always incredibly difficult and sad for those who knew people who passed away from the virus but the reality is that the chances of dying from it are incredibly remote. In fact, the chances of getting it severely are not much bigger.

The real figure of those who passed away from it in the UK is likely to be around 25-30K and they were mostly ill already with issues that would kill them and that is also an incredibly small percentage of our population of nearly 67 million.

Call me heartless and I will agree but it's cold reality, not naivety. We can't afford to destroy the economy anymore and the measurements in place are disproportionate to the risk.

I understand the empathy argument but the reality is that people dying is part and parcel of life and so is the need for a strong economy and freedoms in a Capitalist society.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 19:34]
Post COVID capacity. on 19:32 - Aug 7 with 1646 viewsPikey

Post COVID capacity. on 21:47 - Aug 6 by BAWHoops

How many season tickets do we tend to sell? 9k? Seems as though if you buy a season ticket youll be able to attend every other game

Initially those who have already renewed should get priority.yes I am one of those having renewed and paid for 3 tickets in February.
Login to get fewer ads

Post COVID capacity. on 19:35 - Aug 7 with 1639 viewsSt_Pollock

Post COVID capacity. on 19:32 - Aug 7 by Pikey

Initially those who have already renewed should get priority.yes I am one of those having renewed and paid for 3 tickets in February.

Problem we have is that anyone who pays for their season ticket via direct debit installments is automatically renewed...

I got told that's 62% of all holders last year...
Post COVID capacity. on 20:26 - Aug 7 with 1570 viewsHarbour

Post COVID capacity. on 18:33 - Aug 7 by WatfordR

One thing that I don't think has been mentioned on this thread (apologies if I missed it) is the likelihood of a compete absence of any atmosphere in the stadium. 5,500 is around League Cup Round One attendance level. No one can really be @rsed to get up or make a noise at those matches. How long is anyone going to want to spend money on a ticket, travel etc to see matches in those circumstances, almost irrespective of results or quality of football?

I think EFL football is dead in the water with these kinds of restrictions.

I agree This 5500 in the stadium = terrible atmosphere.
Post COVID capacity. on 22:11 - Aug 7 with 1477 viewsStanisgod

Post COVID capacity. on 19:32 - Aug 7 by Pikey

I'm on automatic renewal and also forwent my refund so ner ner na ner ner 😜😜. I'm also waiting for my tile to be put up on "the wall" and have been going 52 years so come on, bring it on 😎😎
( not to be taken seriously for those who were biting)

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Post COVID capacity. on 23:23 - Aug 7 with 1407 viewsGloryHunter

Excuse me Mr St Pollock, but I do believe I'm not familiar with your name.

Is it possible that you have just joined this message board today, for the purposes of peddling the, "I don't believe in the Covid virus" message?

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I'd be interested to know why are doing that.
Post COVID capacity. on 23:30 - Aug 7 with 1394 viewsaston_hoop

Post COVID capacity. on 23:23 - Aug 7 by GloryHunter

Is it possible that you have just joined this message board today, for the purposes of peddling the, "I don't believe in the Covid virus" message?

Its more that there are a few characters on this board that post the same messages about it and other things in the same way. its very odd
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 23:39]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Post COVID capacity. on 23:35 - Aug 7 with 1391 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

No they've posted on here before but not for a while.

I used to have them down as a Brentford WUM.

A weird poster.... and not good weird!
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 23:35]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Post COVID capacity. on 23:43 - Aug 7 with 1364 viewsSt_Pollock

Nope, post here infrequently but have been registered for the last 6 months or so.

Not interested in posting more often than I have done to date and pick and choose the threads I do comment on based on what interests me.

If you had bothered to click on my user name it would have told you when I created the account and that I stated this thread about info I have been passed on that will effect all of us. If you had read the thread from the beginning you would have also seen that the discussion naturally found its way to deeper incisions about the virus but I didn't start it...
Post COVID capacity. on 23:45 - Aug 7 with 1362 viewsSt_Pollock

Post COVID capacity. on 23:35 - Aug 7 by CliveWilsonSaid

No they've posted on here before but not for a while.

I used to have them down as a Brentford WUM.

A weird poster.... and not good weird!
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 23:35]

You thought I was a Brentford WUM because you fall into that sad trap that every QPR must have the same views about everything and that we are all, as the weirdos say on Twitter, #QPRFamily.
Post COVID capacity. on 23:46 - Aug 7 with 1360 viewsSt_Pollock

Post COVID capacity. on 23:30 - Aug 7 by aston_hoop

Its more that there are a few characters on this board that post the same messages about it and other things in the same way. its very odd
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 23:39]

I'm happy for admin to confirm if I am a unique poster or part of a group of alts.
Post COVID capacity. on 23:54 - Aug 7 with 1338 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Post COVID capacity. on 23:45 - Aug 7 by St_Pollock

You thought I was a Brentford WUM because you fall into that sad trap that every QPR must have the same views about everything and that we are all, as the weirdos say on Twitter, #QPRFamily.

No. It's because you get very defensive about it.

I can't even remember why I thought that but anyway here you are again upsetting the apple cart.

Post COVID capacity. on 23:55 - Aug 7 with 1333 viewsStanisgod

Post COVID capacity. on 23:46 - Aug 7 by St_Pollock

I'm happy for admin to confirm if I am a unique poster or part of a group of alts.

Are you Russian Bots mate? 😁
( I'm safe on this thread as hes never involved on the football ones)!

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Post COVID capacity. on 23:56 - Aug 7 with 1328 viewsaston_hoop

Post COVID capacity. on 23:46 - Aug 7 by St_Pollock

imagine they only see IP addresses which doesn't prove a thing these days. Easy to be many people if you really try. But really just saying, its an odd pattern. Maybe just that.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Post COVID capacity. on 23:59 - Aug 7 with 1324 viewsLythamR

The title of the thread is "Post COVID capacity

Have the powers that be specified a date that will qualify as Post COVID? it is almost certainly not going to be anytime before next May
Post COVID capacity. on 00:02 - Aug 8 with 1321 viewsSt_Pollock

Post COVID capacity. on 23:54 - Aug 7 by CliveWilsonSaid

No. It's because you get very defensive about it.

I can't even remember why I thought that but anyway here you are again upsetting the apple cart.

Upsetting the apple cart?

It's called offering an opinion, weirdo, and you believed that I was a Brentford fan because I said none of their fans would swap their last 10 years for ours...

Think about that for a moment... You thought that I wasn't a QPR fan because I would bet money that Brentford fans would rather have not seen their club sell their soul to rich owners, fill the team with mercaneries and almost kill the club in the process of doing so...

No really, think about it....
[Post edited 8 Aug 2020 0:03]
Post COVID capacity. on 00:05 - Aug 8 with 1316 viewsSt_Pollock

Post COVID capacity. on 23:55 - Aug 7 by Stanisgod

Are you Russian Bots mate? 😁
( I'm safe on this thread as hes never involved on the football ones)!

Yep, I've given up helping to rig Western elections and decided to move into the niche area of 2nd tier English football club forums
Post COVID capacity. on 00:07 - Aug 8 with 1309 viewsSt_Pollock

Post COVID capacity. on 23:56 - Aug 7 by aston_hoop

imagine they only see IP addresses which doesn't prove a thing these days. Easy to be many people if you really try. But really just saying, its an odd pattern. Maybe just that.

Honestly, I don't see the attraction of posting a lot about QPR... The day's when I cared enough to do so have long gone especially when I don't even leave the ground upset anymore when we lose.
Post COVID capacity. on 00:16 - Aug 8 with 1290 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Post COVID capacity. on 00:02 - Aug 8 by St_Pollock

Upsetting the apple cart?

It's called offering an opinion, weirdo, and you believed that I was a Brentford fan because I said none of their fans would swap their last 10 years for ours...

Think about that for a moment... You thought that I wasn't a QPR fan because I would bet money that Brentford fans would rather have not seen their club sell their soul to rich owners, fill the team with mercaneries and almost kill the club in the process of doing so...

No really, think about it....
[Post edited 8 Aug 2020 0:03]

Like I said I can't really remember but there was some palarver about it a while ago.

"Weirdo". LOL

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024