Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things you did once, loved, but have never done again 10:18 - Aug 20 with 8724 viewsKonk

As the title suggests:

1) Music festivals: I went to Reading in '92, and despite loving live music and camping, I've never been to another music festival. We borrowed a tent (from the 1950's), which when we unpacked it, seemed to be made from bamboo canes and carrier bags. Whole thing collapsed at about 4am during a storm on the Thursday night and was fu cked for the rest of our stay. Just looked at the line-up to remind myself who played, and can't remember any of it. What I can remember is the lad who was sharing a tent with me, using a multipack of Wotsits for a pillow, and another mate returning to his tent to find that someone had shat on his sleeping bag. Good times. Loads of mates have done countless festivals in the UK and Europe since, but I've never felt the urge. Not sure why - I enjoyed Reading and should love festivals.

2) International football tournament: I took redundancy to do a bit of travelling, started off with a month in Portugal for Euro 2004, and had an amazing time. Loved travelling around a great country, got to watch ten games at some cool grounds, had a top time drinking with friends from home, locals and fans from all over Europe. Spent a month laughing and having a great time. No bother at all, our idiots were easy to avoid, and I was sure I'd get to loads more tournaments. Haven't been to a single international game since.

3) Skydiving. 2004 - I had no interest in doing a sky dive, but I was in NZ and my mate's Dad, who was 70-odd at the time, had just done one, and I sort of felt embarrassed not to. I did a tandem jump, so didn't have to do much other than jump out of a plane, but it was easily one of the best experiences, I've ever had. Absolutely loved it. Couldn't sleep that night because of the adrenalin rush, and was convinced I'd be doing it again at every available opportunity. Haven't been anywhere near a parachute since.

4) Sailing. 2004 - I did a lot of eating and drinking on boats with friends in NZ and Australia, but only had one day of actually helping to operate a sailing boat. Really enjoyed it. Again, I was sure that when I got back to London, I would get my mates into sailing and we'd all spend our weekends pis sing about out at sea. Never happened.

5) Dogging: 3 weeks ago, I found myself in our local cricket club car park watching a middle-aged couple going for it in a Burgundy Nissan Note. The bloke was wearing a fleece jacket. Light drizzle, 10pm, my wife and son asleep at home. I was struggling to work out what was happening and what all the fuss was until an experienced dogger turned-up with a headtorch. Extraordinary. Haven't been back since, though.

What activities/experiences have you had that you thought would become a big part of your life, but haven't?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 13:06 - Aug 21 with 1553 viewsstowmarketrange

Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 12:58 - Aug 21 by SonofNorfolt

Flying lessons.
Had one, great. Then I thought am I really going to use this? Hoping for a scenario straight from an Airplane movie where the stewardess asks if there are any pilots on board?

Anal sex. Sorry wrong messageboard.

I live quite close to an airfield and I was tempted to try to learn to fly,but I’m not sure it’s worth the expense at my age.And what could I do with a ppl without a plane?
I did have a free glider flight a few years ago and that was good,but going without an engine doesn’t appeal to me very much.
Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 13:32 - Aug 21 with 1525 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Camp Beaumont.

Motorbikes, go-carts, haystacks, boarding schools.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 15:54 - Aug 21 with 1439 views2Thomas2Bowles

Few more

FA Cup Final 82
FA Cup Final Replay 82

League Cup Final, the one we apparently lost or a bad dream

Play-off Final in Cardiff

At a play-off final, we won
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 19:35]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 18:30 - Aug 21 with 1345 viewsBrazilNutR

Snowboarding - went for a week in Bulgaria.. bloody loved it, thought it would become a yearly thing, instead found myself moving to Brazil and never even seeing snow again.
Although mates I went with still go most years. Barstewards
Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 19:27 - Aug 21 with 1305 viewssimmo

Holly Carpenter.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 19:49 - Aug 21 with 1266 viewsHantsR

Went gliding at Lasham with a college/work friend who was one of the top 10 rated glider pilots in the country. He let me take over the controls for a short while and overall it was quite an exhilarating experience. Never got the chance to repeat it as he was a passenger on the UTA 772 flight that was blown up over Niger in 1989.
Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 19:50 - Aug 21 with 1263 viewsGloucs_R

I'm still trying to work out if the dogging comment was true or not.....😲

Poll: Are we staying up?

Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 19:56 - Aug 21 with 1256 viewsjohncharles

Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 10:34 - Aug 20 by loftboy

Passenger on my brothers Motorbike going 120mph from Reading to Swindon on the M4 40 years ago, had an old face helmet and wearing jeans, hung on for dear life knowing one slip and I was dead.

One of my brother’s mad mates gave me a lift to school on the back of his Beeza Gold Star. “How fast” I asked him. “Only 90” he said. We’re talking North Wales roads in the 1960’s ☠️
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 19:57]

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 20:46 - Aug 21 with 1202 viewsBlackCrowe

An evening with a swedish girl on the island of Syros in Greece in '84. She was utterly lovely in every way. (Interestingly enough, the next morning i was walking back along the shoreline to meet up with mates and a wave lapped my wallet onto my feet. I didn't even know i'd lost it.)

Stonehenge festival 1983. Played the drums on the main stage for about 20 mins. Badly.

Oh and blue Mexican mushrooms at glastonbury in around '88, whilst working on a jewellery stall .

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 21:05 - Aug 21 with 1180 viewsaston_hoop

Told my boss to go fck himself. Luckily his English isn't perfect but he's learning so I might not do it again

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 21:06 - Aug 21 with 1180 viewseghamranger

Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 19:50 - Aug 21 by Gloucs_R

I'm still trying to work out if the dogging comment was true or not.....😲

Same.... my wife has a burgundy Nissan note and I was working that evening....

🙄
Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 22:07 - Aug 21 with 1148 viewstoboboly

Jo Taylor

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 22:17 - Aug 21 with 1138 viewsLongsufferingR

Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 12:51 - Aug 21 by WokingR

Sally Jones

#metoo
Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 22:22 - Aug 21 with 1129 viewsMonahoop

Flying lesson in a Tiger Moth at Headcorn Kent back in the 90's. It was the oldest Tiger Moth still flying, 1931 vintage. Never felt more like Biggles that day. Proper flying. Wonderful! Tally Ho Ginger old boy!!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 22:55 - Aug 21 with 1087 viewsNortholt_Rs

Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 12:58 - Aug 21 by SonofNorfolt

Flying lessons.
Had one, great. Then I thought am I really going to use this? Hoping for a scenario straight from an Airplane movie where the stewardess asks if there are any pilots on board?

Anal sex. Sorry wrong messageboard.

I always wondered why you walk a bit funny Mel....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 03:46 - Aug 22 with 1010 viewsSonofNorfolt

Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 22:55 - Aug 21 by Northolt_Rs

I always wondered why you walk a bit funny Mel....

How would having a flying lesson make me walk funny?

A cruciate injury and training for the World butt plug clenching Championships have done that.
Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 03:48 - Aug 22 with 1009 viewsSonofNorfolt

Things you did once, loved, but have never done again on 19:27 - Aug 21 by simmo

Holly Carpenter.

Have you got photographic evidence?

If not, I have.

Weheyyyyyyyyy

It's in the contract.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024