Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning updates??? 18:38 - Sep 17 with 41650 viewsbosh67

Seems to have gone very quiet this week. Wondering if he'll be included in the squad tomorrow? Shame really, he's a great character and really good in this squad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Manning updates??? on 17:01 - Oct 17 with 1012 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Manning updates??? on 16:56 - Oct 17 by ParkRoyalR

Not directed at your goodself, I suppose we different things in players, but I always though Manning gave 100% commitment and that his weakness was what Roy Keane said about Ashley Young, you just can't move someone back into defence and expect them to have that defensive gene / mindset, because that moment of hesitation and reacting when its too late marks out those who can't anticipate and defend and those who can

With regards left fullbacks sauntering back, he was well schooled if he watched Bidwell leisurely stroll back into position as teams broke ahead of him both home and away for 3 seasons - yet I still can't recall anyone directing this same criticism at him, despite his negligible attacking threat, his exhorbitant wage and refusal to be drawn wide to closedown crosses for fear of being embarrassed.

Never a team player, never a grafter, shifted 70 goals a year, but always according to some a solid 7 out of 10!

I wish Ryan well and just feel its so Rangers to bring in Dykes, maybe play 2 upfront and lose our best crosser of the ball for peanuts. Gutted.

"Not directed at your goodself, I suppose we different things in players"

Good post, and I agree with and fully accept your first line in particular.
We see this one differently - but that's part of what makes following sport so interesting.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Manning updates??? on 17:06 - Oct 17 with 981 viewsAntti_Heinola

Manning updates??? on 16:56 - Oct 17 by ParkRoyalR

Not directed at your goodself, I suppose we different things in players, but I always though Manning gave 100% commitment and that his weakness was what Roy Keane said about Ashley Young, you just can't move someone back into defence and expect them to have that defensive gene / mindset, because that moment of hesitation and reacting when its too late marks out those who can't anticipate and defend and those who can

With regards left fullbacks sauntering back, he was well schooled if he watched Bidwell leisurely stroll back into position as teams broke ahead of him both home and away for 3 seasons - yet I still can't recall anyone directing this same criticism at him, despite his negligible attacking threat, his exhorbitant wage and refusal to be drawn wide to closedown crosses for fear of being embarrassed.

Never a team player, never a grafter, shifted 70 goals a year, but always according to some a solid 7 out of 10!

I wish Ryan well and just feel its so Rangers to bring in Dykes, maybe play 2 upfront and lose our best crosser of the ball for peanuts. Gutted.

You must've read a different MB to me, because Bidwell got pelters every week on here.

I like Manning, but I'm in the middle with him. Think he's hugely overrated by some (his famed crossing at one stage last season went on a 2 month hiatus where he the only heads he was finding were the ones behind the goal) and unfairly underrated by others.

Still, he wanted to go, and he's gone. That's football. Don't think Wallace is half as bad as some make out and with the new wide players we've brought in I suspect we won't miss Manning's crossing as much as we might think.

Bare bones.

Manning updates??? on 17:08 - Oct 17 with 964 viewsMatch82

Manning updates??? on 17:06 - Oct 17 by Antti_Heinola

You must've read a different MB to me, because Bidwell got pelters every week on here.

I like Manning, but I'm in the middle with him. Think he's hugely overrated by some (his famed crossing at one stage last season went on a 2 month hiatus where he the only heads he was finding were the ones behind the goal) and unfairly underrated by others.

Still, he wanted to go, and he's gone. That's football. Don't think Wallace is half as bad as some make out and with the new wide players we've brought in I suspect we won't miss Manning's crossing as much as we might think.

Wallace ahead of Manning exponentially increases the chances of 0-0 games
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024