Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning updates??? 18:38 - Sep 17 with 41652 viewsbosh67

Seems to have gone very quiet this week. Wondering if he'll be included in the squad tomorrow? Shame really, he's a great character and really good in this squad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Manning updates??? on 23:15 - Oct 16 with 2393 viewspaulparker

Don’t blame him
Was let down badly by the club when that t0sspot Mclaren was manager

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Manning updates??? on 23:20 - Oct 16 with 2363 viewstribalr

Guess they'll be no friendly match against Galway United now as was promised when he signed nearly six years.
Manning updates??? on 23:21 - Oct 16 with 2343 viewsqprd

If the fee is in fact 250k, wed have been better just keeping him and letting him play the season and leave on a free

Qpr rly backed themselves into a corner with Warburton’s moronic position... Swansea knew that he wasn’t going to play until he signed a new contract, but manning said he wouldn’t sign one. Warburton couldn’t then play him or he’d lose face. Swansea surely knew that if we didn’t offload him, we’d be stuck paying the wages of a discontent player player rotting in the reserves....

This absolutely idiotic policy clearly deflated manning market value.... very disappointing bc we should’ve gotten more (both on the pitch this season and financially) for a young versatile player w loads of goals and assists to his name from leftback and over a 100 championship appearances to his name.....
Manning updates??? on 23:23 - Oct 16 with 2329 viewsEsox_Lucius

Manning updates??? on 23:13 - Oct 16 by bosh67

Sad to lose him. Thought he was a decent player.

Anyone know if there is an idea of the fee?

It was another undisclosed fee.

The grass is always greener.

Manning updates??? on 23:29 - Oct 16 with 2287 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Manning updates??? on 23:15 - Oct 16 by paulparker

Don’t blame him
Was let down badly by the club when that t0sspot Mclaren was manager

Agree about Mclaren but I thought his loan was a success. He played lots of games and came back a better player.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Manning updates??? on 23:30 - Oct 16 with 2284 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Sad to see Manning go but the club's position was the right one to adopt for the long term.

The compensation is that I don't have to keep watching the ball sailing over Manning and him dawdling back to see how the defence coped with the resulting crisis.
Manning updates??? on 23:46 - Oct 16 with 2206 viewsnumptydumpty

Bit peeved about this

Guessing he refused play or was not selected as he did not see himself as a left back. If that was the case I agree with Ryan. He is left wing back, left midfield or centre mid not a left back at all.

Maybe he was told that was his position here and he did not agree.

Can't see why he would not be selected though even if that was his belief. Could still have sold him with playing him.

Two if they knew he was leaving, why have we left ourselves short at left back and three what price was he - it says undisclosed but being bandied about £2.5 million - his value previously,

And he going to a rival not a premier league club.

So either Swansea have said he is a midfielder otherwise there is more to this than meets the eye.

Myself I would have kept Manning as he has been a solid midfielder for ourselves but a very average left back but I think he knew this, and its the only reason why I can find that he would leave for Swansea or Swansea are paying him way more than we have offered

Either way its the only sour taste in a very good transfer window for ourselves..

But why we leaving ourselves so short at full back. All very strange !!!!!
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 23:48]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Manning updates??? on 00:28 - Oct 17 with 2052 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Manning updates??? on 23:46 - Oct 16 by numptydumpty

Bit peeved about this

Guessing he refused play or was not selected as he did not see himself as a left back. If that was the case I agree with Ryan. He is left wing back, left midfield or centre mid not a left back at all.

Maybe he was told that was his position here and he did not agree.

Can't see why he would not be selected though even if that was his belief. Could still have sold him with playing him.

Two if they knew he was leaving, why have we left ourselves short at left back and three what price was he - it says undisclosed but being bandied about £2.5 million - his value previously,

And he going to a rival not a premier league club.

So either Swansea have said he is a midfielder otherwise there is more to this than meets the eye.

Myself I would have kept Manning as he has been a solid midfielder for ourselves but a very average left back but I think he knew this, and its the only reason why I can find that he would leave for Swansea or Swansea are paying him way more than we have offered

Either way its the only sour taste in a very good transfer window for ourselves..

But why we leaving ourselves so short at full back. All very strange !!!!!
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 23:48]

Agree I think him leaving has a lot to do with him not fitting into our positional system. Not sure he's ever shown evidence of being a solid midfielder for anyone!

Agree it leaves us a 'bit short' in left defence but not desperate and not long until we can strengthen if needed.

"Myself I would have kept Manning"

He was offered a new contract apparently.

It's a funny one but glad it's been resolved either way.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Manning updates??? on 00:29 - Oct 17 with 2049 viewsPBLOCK

I liked Manning, but he hasn’t wanted to sign a contract and so he’s been moved on. In fairness after a promising start under Holloway he was shunted out under Schteve and then worked his way back in.

I thought he did well at Left back last year for what was his first year learning a new role but there were some flaws in his game that in time can definitely be worked out.

Fact is in a couple of months he could have negotiated with another club with a view to being a free agent and we would have got nothing. As good as his stats were last year I don’t thinking we had clubs queuing up to chuck millions at us which is why he’s gone to Swansea ( who will be giving him a good few grand extra a week plus a sign on) The whole Wolves , West Ham £5 mill was agent stuff to the press in my opinion.

I wish him well but move on and although some may not be happy we have Wallace, Barbet and Niko play that role and maybe we have a few targets / quid in the bank and decided to keep our powder dry until the next window to see how we are going and what becomes available.

With the Willock and Albert signings it will be interesting whether BOS is involved bearing in mind no new contract has been agreed

Good luck Ryan (except against us)
Manning updates??? on 00:30 - Oct 17 with 2042 viewsMyke

Very disappointed with this. Hung out to dry by Warburton . Really,really poor form. Probably play in front of Bdwell, which will suit both of them. Swansea have got themselves an absolute bargain thanks to our pig-headedness
Manning updates??? on 00:38 - Oct 17 with 2009 viewsBoston

Manning updates??? on 23:30 - Oct 16 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Sad to see Manning go but the club's position was the right one to adopt for the long term.

The compensation is that I don't have to keep watching the ball sailing over Manning and him dawdling back to see how the defence coped with the resulting crisis.

I think that was the Ryan Air moments.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Manning updates??? on 03:30 - Oct 17 with 1827 viewstimcocking

Good riddance to the ungrateful prick.
Manning updates??? on 06:38 - Oct 17 with 1633 viewsHAYESBOY

No denying he had a great left foot and his crossing is missed at the moment.
But he is never a left back, at best a wing back.
Lost count of the times he was caught out at the back and also never shutting down crosses or closing down outside the box.
Would of liked to have seen him in midfield to see if he could cement a place there but its much more important that BOS signs on than Manning.
If the fee is £250k then a little disappointed in that but better than nothing at the end of the season..

Think Warbs will have to use Hamelinen now as Wallace will not play consecutive games in 21 days.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Manning updates??? on 07:05 - Oct 17 with 1574 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Better getting something rather than nothing.

Unless Manning was causing ’issues’ behind the scenes,then Warbs was right to exclude him. However, our stance backed us into a corner at the same time as making the job for Manning’s agent considerably easier.

Move it on.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Manning updates??? on 07:06 - Oct 17 with 1579 viewstraininvain

Manning updates??? on 00:30 - Oct 17 by Myke

Very disappointed with this. Hung out to dry by Warburton . Really,really poor form. Probably play in front of Bdwell, which will suit both of them. Swansea have got themselves an absolute bargain thanks to our pig-headedness

Hung out to dry by Warburton?!

Do me a favour. Manning refused to sign a new contract and forced this move. That’s his prerogative so I’m not digging him out. But Warburton can’t be starting players who don’t want to be at the club.
Manning updates??? on 07:29 - Oct 17 with 1519 viewsTonto

So 250k may sound disappointing but we also have his wages off the book. If he was kn 5k a week (which feels about right to me) then combined thats 400k over the season saved.

So if there were no other offers then we did the right thing. Got some money for a player that didn't want to and wasn't going to play for us.

And totally disagree with Mike too. Warburton did not hang him out tondry, he hung himself.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Manning updates??? on 07:43 - Oct 17 with 1464 viewsjohnhoop

How was it Clive used to describe the fee we got for Manning? A bag of MonsterMunch and a quick feel of Kirsty Gallagher’s tits? (apologies Clive if my memory has let me down there.)
Only this one was more like Ann Widdecombe was standing in for Kirsty.
Manning updates??? on 08:09 - Oct 17 with 1385 viewsDejR_vu

I think this might end up being one of those deals where everyone ends up losing out. Us, because, although I don’t rate him defensively, our other options don’t look great. And, I think he’ll look back and realise he left a good club where he was playing regularly, and therefore being given the opportunity to develop, despite not being particularly good, because he didn’t have much competition and wasn’t likely to have any. I suspect he thinks he’s a lot better than he actually is.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Manning updates??? on 08:12 - Oct 17 with 1372 viewsNW10Hoop

A decent enough player no doubt. His body language STUNK post lockdown and then he had the second half of his life v Millwall when David Moyes was in the stand.

As someone of Irish descent I rooted for Manning more than many other players, so feel a little let down by his last few months and exit from the club.

Really hope Warbs has a long term back up plan!
Manning updates??? on 08:18 - Oct 17 with 1346 viewsNorthernr

Manning updates??? on 08:09 - Oct 17 by DejR_vu

I think this might end up being one of those deals where everyone ends up losing out. Us, because, although I don’t rate him defensively, our other options don’t look great. And, I think he’ll look back and realise he left a good club where he was playing regularly, and therefore being given the opportunity to develop, despite not being particularly good, because he didn’t have much competition and wasn’t likely to have any. I suspect he thinks he’s a lot better than he actually is.

Yeh, it’s the classic example of a transfer for a transfer’s sake that works for nobody other than the agent. We’re worse off, they don’t need him, and he’s made a sideways move and has to uproot and live on the other side of the country. Bloody daft.
Manning updates??? on 08:18 - Oct 17 with 1345 viewsGloucs_R

Dave MC saying we looked at replacements but none were worthy.

Let's hope Niko can make the same impact as Kakay

Poll: Are we staying up?

Manning updates??? on 08:27 - Oct 17 with 1302 viewsThGrimRanger

so disappointing, thought he’s been one of our best players over the last couple of seasons. chipped in with plenty of goals and assists. always worked hard and was only going to get better. not sure what’s gone on so won’t speculate or pass blame however i don’t see this as anything other than terrible business

TheGrimRanger

Manning updates??? on 08:29 - Oct 17 with 1288 viewsenfieldargh

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-ryan-manning-swansea-done

According to this 250K plus add ons.

Add on 1
500k for first international cap!!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Manning updates??? on 08:47 - Oct 17 with 1196 viewsBklynRanger

I can see Warbs giving a few angry defensive answers over this one. But it does seem like there were no good options left at this point and this is the most pragmatic of those bad choices.

In some ways I'm quite irritated that Manning didn't show more loyalty and sign a new contract so we could get something reasonable for him. It is also possible though that he wanted a change of scenery, wanted to get out of London. But the West Ham links, however unlikely, suggest otherwise and point more towards wanting more money than we were prepared to offer. Again that's his perogative.

It's all speculation, but in hindsight I do think we'd have been better keeping him in the shop window until the deadline passed and being a bit cagier about things. If we'd wanted to make the gesture about refusing to sign a contract we could still have done that later.
Manning updates??? on 08:47 - Oct 17 with 1195 viewsrsonist

Had we been able to afford to keep them, Warburton would have played Bidwell and Luongo instead the whole time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024