Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning updates??? 18:38 - Sep 17 with 41648 viewsbosh67

Seems to have gone very quiet this week. Wondering if he'll be included in the squad tomorrow? Shame really, he's a great character and really good in this squad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Manning updates??? on 09:17 - Oct 2 with 3395 viewsqueensparker

Think Manning’s being very badly advised here.

The Eze example plus the news that BOS is likely to sign shows we’re not going to stand in anyone’s way if they want to leave. Another storming half/full season and Manning will get his move. As it stands he’s going to rot in the stiffs, get a bad reputation, and reduce his value. He might well make a bit more in wages when he walks at the end of the year but it’s a hell of a risk, and an unnecessary one.

Think the club are doing the right thing.
Manning updates??? on 09:52 - Oct 2 with 3202 viewsMonners69

Manning updates??? on 09:17 - Oct 2 by queensparker

The Eze example plus the news that BOS is likely to sign shows we’re not going to stand in anyone’s way if they want to leave. Another storming half/full season and Manning will get his move. As it stands he’s going to rot in the stiffs, get a bad reputation, and reduce his value. He might well make a bit more in wages when he walks at the end of the year but it’s a hell of a risk, and an unnecessary one.

Agree - its hardly a sellers market is it? I wonder if the BOS extension will nail him down for another year.. Then sell when market a little stronger. The Eze sale has meant we can keep the lights on for another season or so... and by then another couple of teams could well be gone or in breach of FFP?
Manning updates??? on 09:52 - Oct 2 with 3201 viewsozexile

Very badly advised. There's no money around. I'd be signing the contract asap.
Manning updates??? on 09:57 - Oct 2 with 3164 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Manning updates??? on 09:52 - Oct 2 by ozexile

Agreed.

Worse, there's plenty money around - just no money around for him. The Premier League clubs have spent £1bn. The rest of us peasants haven't spent a bob. And, so far, the Premier League clubs haven't batted their eyelashes at him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Manning updates??? on 09:59 - Oct 2 with 3151 viewsbosh67

Manning updates??? on 09:57 - Oct 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed.

Worse, there's plenty money around - just no money around for him. The Premier League clubs have spent £1bn. The rest of us peasants haven't spent a bob. And, so far, the Premier League clubs haven't batted their eyelashes at him.

Apparently West Ham have shown some interest at the 'can you sing karaoke and man the phone for season ticket enquiries?' level.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Manning updates??? on 10:12 - Oct 2 with 3073 viewsgazza1

The reason Manning has not left the Club is because Premiership clubs do not 'rate' him as highly as many QPR supporters do.

My view is that he should sign a new contract and start playing again. Premier clubs would then be able to see him playing and make a decision if they are going to pay the transfer fee, and lets be sensible, its not going to be a massive fee (pocket money for premier clubs), and agree a monthly salary., etc, etc.

Job done, for all parties including the player.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 10:13]
Manning updates??? on 10:28 - Oct 2 with 3020 viewsMyke

I disagree. I feel both Manning and Lumley are being scapegoated by the club. They are being held up as examples of 'this is what we do to players who won't sign new contracts'. Meanwhile, BOS who is in the same position, is treated differently, simply because he is a more valuable 'asset'. Never forget that Warburton is a business man and then a manager, not the other way around.
Manning updates??? on 10:37 - Oct 2 with 2990 viewsozexile

Manning updates??? on 10:28 - Oct 2 by Myke

I disagree. I feel both Manning and Lumley are being scapegoated by the club. They are being held up as examples of 'this is what we do to players who won't sign new contracts'. Meanwhile, BOS who is in the same position, is treated differently, simply because he is a more valuable 'asset'. Never forget that Warburton is a business man and then a manager, not the other way around.

I'm a bit bewildered by the Lumley one tbh. Why wasn't it a problem before Coventry?
Login to get fewer ads

Manning updates??? on 10:43 - Oct 2 with 2955 viewsdaveB

Quite possibly although there are genuine football reasons to drop these 2. Manning was getting pelters for his defending after Plymouth which seems to have been forgotten now he hasn't played a few games
Manning updates??? on 10:44 - Oct 2 with 2943 viewsQPR_Jim

To be fair the club (not just Warburton) is holding itself up as a shop window for moves on to larger teams in order to attract out of favor players from academies or lower league players. We pick them up and help them achieve their potential as you're seeing with BOS, Eze, Manning with the trade off being that we get a fee when they move on. The whole business model falls down if the club allow players to run down their contract and leave for free, if it becomes apparent that's what's going to happen then the club has to protect itself and give the game time to someone willing to commit to the club.

Similarly it's business for Manning also, if we offered him 40k a week he'd probably sign up tomorrow because for the player it's a career and they're looking after themselves, so the club has to do the same.
Manning updates??? on 10:46 - Oct 2 with 2904 viewsRussian__Bot

This is exactly it. If BOS signs the contract then the club have played an absolute blinder

If we weren't taking the firm stance like we are with Manning and were prepared to do the same with him then he would have taken a year of valuable match experience, coaching development and grown his reputation. Then a big fat sign on fee for him because new club don't have same transfer fee to worry about

But our club said nope. If you don't sign, you get none of that development, harm you reputation and lower your future value with a year out the game.

So with no one matching Brugges bid, BOS is it looks, being forced into a decision that benefits us. While Manning will have to cave or be the future example that benefits us long term the next time this happens

Listened to the podcast the other day. Amazing how they have all completely missed the point on this.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 10:48]
Manning updates??? on 11:44 - Oct 2 with 2818 viewsqueensparker

But the key difference here is that BOS, by all accounts, is going to sign a new contract. And you would have to assume by the opening games evidence that Manning's agent is telling him and the club that Manning will not be signing one, and that's that.

As someone else pointed out, we have to take this line or our new "find talent, progress talent, sell talent" strategy isn't going to work.

Hoos etc have earned my trust so far, I really don't believe they would be scapegoating Manning for any other reason than he plans to leave the club at the end of the season for nothing on his agent's advice. And I think that's bad advice, I think it's a risk for him as a player and he's going to have a horrible 12 months for his career if he doesn't budge, and risks getting a sideways move or worse.
Manning updates??? on 12:03 - Oct 2 with 2734 viewsHoopsarrr

Some have said Manning is working with a new agent who is demanding a higher wage from the club - using this as leverage to get a deal with a prem club. Personally don't think he'd start in the prem. Could easily end up like Josh Bowler. Nice to see club standing firm
Manning updates??? on 12:14 - Oct 2 with 2662 viewsgazza1

He needs to fit into the wage structure at the Club - 100%. He isn't good enough to start demanding 'this and that'.
Manning updates??? on 12:30 - Oct 2 with 2615 viewsterryb

Manning updates??? on 10:37 - Oct 2 by ozexile

I'm a bit bewildered by the Lumley one tbh. Why wasn't it a problem before Coventry?

Possibly because he hadn't turned out a contract that had been offered to him by then?

I don't know if that is the case, but the club commentator for the 'boro game did say that contract negoiations with Lumley had broken down.
Manning updates??? on 10:16 - Oct 16 with 2126 viewstkqpr

To Swansea?
What is it with them and our left backs?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-swansea-city-set-to-beat-west-ham-n
Manning updates??? on 10:20 - Oct 16 with 2084 viewsMick_S

Manning updates??? on 10:16 - Oct 16 by tkqpr

To Swansea?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-swansea-city-set-to-beat-west-ham-n

My son sent me that, too.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Manning updates??? on 10:47 - Oct 16 with 1927 viewsLazyFan

To Swansea?

If I was Bids I would be pissed, he has done really well for them.
One goal and two assists already.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/top-scorers

So, Manning will be after Bids job again and they may move Bids into midfield or Manning. Whatever happens, it will be disruptive. Unless they have managed to sell Bids to some crazy Prem club or possibly Notts Furlough.

zzzzzzzzzz

Manning updates??? on 10:50 - Oct 16 with 1899 viewsW7Ranger

To Swansea?

Swansea??!!

Who the f*ck is advising Manning ffs??!!
Manning updates??? on 10:51 - Oct 16 with 1891 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Isn't that site pure clickbait?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Manning updates??? on 10:54 - Oct 16 with 1845 viewsrsonist

Manning updates??? on 10:51 - Oct 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Isn't that site pure clickbait?

Any site leading with a photo of Steve Cooper is pure clickbait.
Manning updates??? on 11:04 - Oct 16 with 1764 viewsBklynRanger

'A recruitment source has told Football Insider...'

Gianni Paladini get the fcuk out of our club!!!

(Sorry wrong thread)
Manning updates??? on 12:40 - Oct 16 with 1438 viewsqprd

Manning updates??? on 09:52 - Oct 2 by ozexile

If his objective is to maximize his earnings, i dont think hes being badly advised.

Lets say QPR has offered him (making up numbers) £10k/week. That offer is going to stay on the table if he doesnt move to a different club today

He effectively has an option to try to shop for a higher wage from a different club until the window closes. If he cant get a higher wage, he can just fall back on whatever QPR is offering him.

This is a messy situation all around, but i cant say I blame manning. If he tears his ACL tomorrow, is QPR going to still give him a new contract? Players should look out for themselves...

And why is he obligated to bind himself to QPR for 3-4 years? MW doesnt want to play him bc he's not committed to the club past this year. Take the inverse position .Does that mean that other players who only have one year left on their contract should down tools and say they dont want to play b/c the club isnt committed to them beyond this year? Do you think Warburton would be happy if QPR put him on leave in the last year of his contract b/c he didnt accept an extension on QPRs terms?

QPR are totally wrong here, even if Manning hasnt helped himself in this process.... In addition to messing with a player who has been a pretty good servant to the club, they are setting a pretty bad precedent.... from a purely financial perspective, they've also deflated mannings transfer value... from a footballing perspective, we've harmed ourselves and lyndon dykes by flogging out his inferior understudy.... and from a logical perspective, there's a glaring inconsistency with how they're handling this vs negotiations with BOS....
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 12:43]
Manning updates??? on 13:13 - Oct 16 with 1271 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Manning updates??? on 12:40 - Oct 16 by qprd

If his objective is to maximize his earnings, i dont think hes being badly advised.

Lets say QPR has offered him (making up numbers) £10k/week. That offer is going to stay on the table if he doesnt move to a different club today

He effectively has an option to try to shop for a higher wage from a different club until the window closes. If he cant get a higher wage, he can just fall back on whatever QPR is offering him.

This is a messy situation all around, but i cant say I blame manning. If he tears his ACL tomorrow, is QPR going to still give him a new contract? Players should look out for themselves...

And why is he obligated to bind himself to QPR for 3-4 years? MW doesnt want to play him bc he's not committed to the club past this year. Take the inverse position .Does that mean that other players who only have one year left on their contract should down tools and say they dont want to play b/c the club isnt committed to them beyond this year? Do you think Warburton would be happy if QPR put him on leave in the last year of his contract b/c he didnt accept an extension on QPRs terms?

QPR are totally wrong here, even if Manning hasnt helped himself in this process.... In addition to messing with a player who has been a pretty good servant to the club, they are setting a pretty bad precedent.... from a purely financial perspective, they've also deflated mannings transfer value... from a footballing perspective, we've harmed ourselves and lyndon dykes by flogging out his inferior understudy.... and from a logical perspective, there's a glaring inconsistency with how they're handling this vs negotiations with BOS....
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 12:43]

Quite a lot of speculation in there which could well be right but we don't really know what is going on behind the scenes with him or BOS do we?
Manning updates??? on 13:17 - Oct 16 with 1225 viewsNorthantsHoop

If Manning gets sold today, think that will be in the best interest for him and the club. From what we are seeing appears to attract Championship clubs, so if the Swansea rumour is true and a fee of £3m plus on offer, we would be daft not to take it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024