Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning updates??? 18:38 - Sep 17 with 41651 viewsbosh67

Seems to have gone very quiet this week. Wondering if he'll be included in the squad tomorrow? Shame really, he's a great character and really good in this squad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Manning updates??? on 13:22 - Oct 16 with 3503 viewsdavman

Manning updates??? on 12:40 - Oct 16 by qprd

If his objective is to maximize his earnings, i dont think hes being badly advised.

Lets say QPR has offered him (making up numbers) £10k/week. That offer is going to stay on the table if he doesnt move to a different club today

He effectively has an option to try to shop for a higher wage from a different club until the window closes. If he cant get a higher wage, he can just fall back on whatever QPR is offering him.

This is a messy situation all around, but i cant say I blame manning. If he tears his ACL tomorrow, is QPR going to still give him a new contract? Players should look out for themselves...

And why is he obligated to bind himself to QPR for 3-4 years? MW doesnt want to play him bc he's not committed to the club past this year. Take the inverse position .Does that mean that other players who only have one year left on their contract should down tools and say they dont want to play b/c the club isnt committed to them beyond this year? Do you think Warburton would be happy if QPR put him on leave in the last year of his contract b/c he didnt accept an extension on QPRs terms?

QPR are totally wrong here, even if Manning hasnt helped himself in this process.... In addition to messing with a player who has been a pretty good servant to the club, they are setting a pretty bad precedent.... from a purely financial perspective, they've also deflated mannings transfer value... from a footballing perspective, we've harmed ourselves and lyndon dykes by flogging out his inferior understudy.... and from a logical perspective, there's a glaring inconsistency with how they're handling this vs negotiations with BOS....
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 12:43]

I don't disagree with much in there, BUT if Manning leaves for a fee. then I am sure that QPR will have done nothing wrong whatsoever.

What you outline is Manning's prerogative, but the way the club has acted is their prerogative.

If on the other hand, they're left with a player on their books who isn't playing for the whole of this season, then (IMO) they'd have done everything wrong...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Manning updates??? on 13:31 - Oct 16 with 3407 viewsqueensparker

Related, but has BOS actually signed a new deal yet? Not sure I've read anything about it
Manning updates??? on 13:40 - Oct 16 with 3336 viewsdaveB

Manning updates??? on 13:31 - Oct 16 by queensparker

Related, but has BOS actually signed a new deal yet? Not sure I've read anything about it

nothing signed yet
Manning updates??? on 13:44 - Oct 16 with 3302 viewsgazza1

I don't know what all the issues are with Manning and his contract, new or old - i am surprised that so many know tbh!!!

Bottom line is, and I do not know, if Manning is trying to dictate 'this and that' regarding the contract and he wants he wants a deal outside of the club boundaries then I am 100% behind the Club.
Manning updates??? on 14:01 - Oct 16 with 3181 viewsBklynRanger

Manning updates??? on 13:40 - Oct 16 by daveB

nothing signed yet

Going to go down to the wire possibly on 2 or 3 fronts.

We need to cash in on this situation. Get a big timer clock up outside the ground, few Sky tvvats down there, Air Asia promotional dolly birds with balloons (of whatever description), socially distanced EFL bouncy castle, those cris-crossing laser things that threaten the safety of planes. Etc.

Get it all down there. Warbs will love it - he's got a playful side in there somewhere we just have to scratch the right itch.
Manning updates??? on 14:08 - Oct 16 with 3122 viewsQPR_John

If his objective is to maximize his earnings, i dont think hes being badly advised.

Lets say QPR has offered him (making up numbers) £10k/week. That offer is going to stay on the table if he doesnt move to a different club today

He effectively has an option to try to shop for a higher wage from a different club until the window closes. If he cant get a higher wage, he can just fall back on whatever QPR is offering him.

This is a messy situation all around, but i cant say I blame manning. If he tears his ACL tomorrow, is QPR going to still give him a new contract? Players should look out for themselves...

And why is he obligated to bind himself to QPR for 3-4 years? MW doesnt want to play him bc he's not committed to the club past this year. Take the inverse position .Does that mean that other players who only have one year left on their contract should down tools and say they dont want to play b/c the club isnt committed to them beyond this year? Do you think Warburton would be happy if QPR put him on leave in the last year of his contract b/c he didnt accept an extension on QPRs terms?

QPR are totally wrong here, even if Manning hasnt helped himself in this process.... In addition to messing with a player who has been a pretty good servant to the club, they are setting a pretty bad precedent.... from a purely financial perspective, they've also deflated mannings transfer value... from a footballing perspective, we've harmed ourselves and lyndon dykes by flogging out his inferior understudy.... and from a logical perspective, there's a glaring inconsistency with how they're handling this vs negotiations with BOS....

".Does that mean that other players who only have one year left on their contract should down tools"

The difference there is that with the Manning situation the club are fulfilling their side of the contract. Should a player down tools as you suggest they would be in breach of contract.
Manning updates??? on 14:46 - Oct 16 with 2955 viewsqprd

Manning updates??? on 14:08 - Oct 16 by QPR_John

".Does that mean that other players who only have one year left on their contract should down tools"

The difference there is that with the Manning situation the club are fulfilling their side of the contract. Should a player down tools as you suggest they would be in breach of contract.

tell that to grant hall/lyle taylor or loan players half assing it on their way out like tomer hemed

agree with you that the situations arent totally analogous for the reason you pointed out and as players at the end of the contract want to play so as to maximize their value when they hit the open market...

but putting aside the contractual piece, i think the example highlights the stupidity of the club's position...
Manning updates??? on 15:03 - Oct 16 with 2840 viewsted_hendrix

Apparently we've accepted Swansea's bid

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Manning updates??? on 15:04 - Oct 16 with 2831 viewsBrianMcCarthy

All we're doing is speculating here, folks. So we really don't know either the club's position in this particular or the player's.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Manning updates??? on 15:05 - Oct 16 with 2817 viewsted_hendrix

Manning updates??? on 15:04 - Oct 16 by BrianMcCarthy

All we're doing is speculating here, folks. So we really don't know either the club's position in this particular or the player's.

Not according to Sky's latest update.

Manning updates??? on 15:10 - Oct 16 with 2774 viewsdavman

Manning updates??? on 15:04 - Oct 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Yep, that's the case of nearly 95% of things posted up here unless I missed the bit where this was the Clubs Official communications partner...

Further speculation for you:

Maybe Manning said "I'm not signing no matter what unless you give me a big pay rise" and QPR have said "No" and maybe BOS said "I'll sign a new contract if a Prem club doesn't make an offer this window" and the club said "OK". If BOS isn't bought, we'll know soon enough if he signs an improved deal...

Maybe.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Manning updates??? on 15:11 - Oct 16 with 2745 viewsconnell10

I just wanna know where Swansea got 5 million from?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Manning updates??? on 15:12 - Oct 16 with 2745 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Manning updates??? on 15:05 - Oct 16 by ted_hendrix

Not according to Sky's latest update.

Well, then, that's different....

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Manning updates??? on 15:14 - Oct 16 with 2724 viewsfrancisbowles

Manning updates??? on 15:11 - Oct 16 by connell10

I just wanna know where Swansea got 5 million from?

There is no way on this earth that it's five million. Even three sounds at least double what I would expect!
Manning updates??? on 15:16 - Oct 16 with 2702 viewsBklynRanger

Swansea seem to have a slightly different view of our left backs than we do.
Manning updates??? on 15:18 - Oct 16 with 2682 viewsTheChef

Manning updates??? on 15:16 - Oct 16 by BklynRanger

Swansea seem to have a slightly different view of our left backs than we do.

Would they like Lee Wallace too?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Manning updates??? on 15:56 - Oct 16 with 2390 viewsBoston

Manning updates??? on 15:03 - Oct 16 by ted_hendrix

Apparently we've accepted Swansea's bid

Flock of sheep and six months free travel on a B&I ferry?
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 15:57]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Manning updates??? on 16:04 - Oct 16 with 2294 viewsPinnerPaul

Upon signing he will of course become

a) The best player we have sold, ever

and/or

b) The missing link that would have made us title contenders

and of course we have the joy of someone posting whenever he does something half decent.

IF we get £5M that would be ridiculous - but not complaining.

I'll stick to my prediction I made previously - he will never start 3 games in the PL.
Manning updates??? on 16:13 - Oct 16 with 2237 viewsMatch82

I don't think it's about Manning it's about setting a precedent. You are right that we aren't maximizing Manning's value by doing this. But it's possible that this is helping speed the BOS negotiations along (as long as we are "progressing" on talks you'll play, but if they stall like Manning's, you won't play) and more importantly future negotiations. Any players out at QPR who think they can ask for a new contract with zero consequences and hold the club to ransom are looking at this and thinking "hang on, there's a downside here"

All speculation obviously. But it reminds me of Ferguson's (maybe?) remark after arguing constantly with referees that have already given a free kick - I'm not arguing for that decision, I'm arguing for the next one.
Manning updates??? on 16:41 - Oct 16 with 2024 viewsBoston

Sure we’re talking about the right Ryan? Swansea are after Ryan Bennet.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Manning updates??? on 16:45 - Oct 16 with 1989 viewshoopdog

Manning updates??? on 16:13 - Oct 16 by Match82

I don't think it's about Manning it's about setting a precedent. You are right that we aren't maximizing Manning's value by doing this. But it's possible that this is helping speed the BOS negotiations along (as long as we are "progressing" on talks you'll play, but if they stall like Manning's, you won't play) and more importantly future negotiations. Any players out at QPR who think they can ask for a new contract with zero consequences and hold the club to ransom are looking at this and thinking "hang on, there's a downside here"

All speculation obviously. But it reminds me of Ferguson's (maybe?) remark after arguing constantly with referees that have already given a free kick - I'm not arguing for that decision, I'm arguing for the next one.

Make you right mate to me it smacks of Manning burning his bridges
Manning updates??? on 16:48 - Oct 16 with 1946 viewsted_hendrix

Manning updates??? on 16:41 - Oct 16 by Boston

Sure we’re talking about the right Ryan? Swansea are after Ryan Bennet.

15.01PM;
OUTGOINGS AT QPR

QPR have accepted a bid for defender Ryan Manning from Swansea. He is now in talks over a permanent move.

Striker Paul Smyth is also heading to Charlton on loan. He spent last season on loan at Wycombe.

But it looks quiet on incomings at Loftus Road with QPR not expecting anyone at this stage.

Manning updates??? on 17:06 - Oct 16 with 1802 viewsOakR

Looks like Swansea are selling a defender to Spurs which might pave the way for the Manning move...

Poll: Will we stay up?

Manning updates??? on 17:15 - Oct 16 with 1720 viewsdaveB

didn't the window shut at 5pm?
Manning updates??? on 17:17 - Oct 16 with 1683 viewsterryb

Manning updates??? on 17:06 - Oct 16 by OakR

Looks like Swansea are selling a defender to Spurs which might pave the way for the Manning move...

That was dependant on Bennett signing for them.

I had seen that it was Bennett that we wanted & it looked at one time that we would get him.

How true that is, is anyone's guess though!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024