Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump 09:43 - Oct 27 with 112486 viewsHooparoo

An Australian professor of Data Analytics from Griffith University who predicted Trump’s first win, the Australian Federal Election(when all the polls said the opposite) and Brexit has called it - Trump will be re-elected for another 4 years. You heard it here first.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Trump on 22:47 - Jan 7 with 1851 viewsdistortR

All these politicians and suchlike in front of TV cameras talking about the desecration of democracy, the violence etc could do with looking at the real loss of democracy in America and the violence - physical and mental - perpetuated on their own people of all colours and creeds, then take a look at the violence perpetuated by the American state and it's consorts around the world and become better servants to their people.
I am not in any way condoning what this alliance of facists and whatever did yesterday, Trump is a criminal, but the hypocrisy.
Michelle Obama 'hurting for her country', were you hurting for the 9 million who lost their homes while your husband's government bailed out the banks? Or the people of Flint ingesting lead while your husband talked about paint and pretended to sip the water?
fck, I hate them all

Trump on 22:49 - Jan 7 with 1844 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Trump on 22:47 - Jan 7 by distortR

All these politicians and suchlike in front of TV cameras talking about the desecration of democracy, the violence etc could do with looking at the real loss of democracy in America and the violence - physical and mental - perpetuated on their own people of all colours and creeds, then take a look at the violence perpetuated by the American state and it's consorts around the world and become better servants to their people.
I am not in any way condoning what this alliance of facists and whatever did yesterday, Trump is a criminal, but the hypocrisy.
Michelle Obama 'hurting for her country', were you hurting for the 9 million who lost their homes while your husband's government bailed out the banks? Or the people of Flint ingesting lead while your husband talked about paint and pretended to sip the water?
fck, I hate them all

This 1000 times.
Trump on 22:49 - Jan 7 with 1837 viewsdistortR

Trump on 22:24 - Jan 7 by BucksRanger

Nah! Pretty sure Bazza is no Hitler. Maybe a new Stalin. Definitely a new Lenin.

imagine.

oh, not that lenin
Trump on 22:53 - Jan 7 with 1816 viewsBucksRanger

Trump on 22:33 - Jan 7 by Match82

Not trying to be argumentative here but in answer to your earlier question "what did he have to gain?" I'd say a presidential pardon / political aslyum for the hacking charge might be one thing? This president after all has been known to grant pardons to those doing him favors.

I see what you are getting at but the guy only signed the affidavit yesterday. Donald Trump was not in much of a position to do favours by then. D'Elia should have signed one weeks earlier to give Trump a chance to return a favour.

Also the affidavit is Italian so not really applicable for an American favour. He admits to hacking into and modifying data in an Italian system and transmitting the data across to a German system before the adjusted data goes back into the American system. Even if pardoned in the USA, he's still committed fraudulent behaviour in Italy and Germany for which he can be prosecuted.
Trump on 23:00 - Jan 7 with 1801 viewsGaryT

Trump on 21:04 - Jan 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

It's ironic that a guy that's been shouting about fake news for 4 years, has spread so much regarding the election results.

It's not ironic, it was a calculated plan.

Trump on 23:29 - Jan 7 with 1744 viewsTW_R

Trump on 22:09 - Jan 7 by BucksRanger

Well, on a CV of his he describes himself as a CTO at Leonardo SpA for a period of ten years although he did use the company's previous name which was Finmeccanica.

I assumed that he worked directly for Leonardo rather than being an IT consultant for such a long period of time.

The voting machines don't have to be connected to a network. He could, and it sounds as though he did in the paperwork I've read, access key machines (computers) within each state and adjust figures for just marginal states.

That makes no sense. The votes were verified in those marginal states. In Georgia they were counted 3 times, twice by hand. The numbers couldn’t have been “hacked” via computer. The affidavit states he did the hack on the 4th November, the day after the election. Most of these marginal states were still counting/recounting days after that.
Trump on 23:32 - Jan 7 with 1741 viewsTW_R

Trump on 22:53 - Jan 7 by BucksRanger

I see what you are getting at but the guy only signed the affidavit yesterday. Donald Trump was not in much of a position to do favours by then. D'Elia should have signed one weeks earlier to give Trump a chance to return a favour.

Also the affidavit is Italian so not really applicable for an American favour. He admits to hacking into and modifying data in an Italian system and transmitting the data across to a German system before the adjusted data goes back into the American system. Even if pardoned in the USA, he's still committed fraudulent behaviour in Italy and Germany for which he can be prosecuted.

So if the affidavit is Italian why is it written in English?

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet/1346975415915728897
Trump on 23:42 - Jan 7 with 1710 viewsGaryT

Trump on 23:29 - Jan 7 by TW_R

That makes no sense. The votes were verified in those marginal states. In Georgia they were counted 3 times, twice by hand. The numbers couldn’t have been “hacked” via computer. The affidavit states he did the hack on the 4th November, the day after the election. Most of these marginal states were still counting/recounting days after that.

I would quite like to see what swing states he switched votes for and at what time because on the 4th, as a bit of a saddo statman, I was keeping a record of the swing states tallies every hour or so and I can't see any sign of votes being switched.
Login to get fewer ads

Trump on 00:36 - Jan 8 with 1653 viewsBucksRanger

Trump on 23:32 - Jan 7 by TW_R

So if the affidavit is Italian why is it written in English?

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet/1346975415915728897

That's a very good point. Perhaps because they intended to present it to the US Congress.
Trump on 05:34 - Jan 8 with 1531 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Trump on 19:52 - Jan 7 by distortR

Mike Siegel, democratic nominee for Texas, has written a piece for ScheerPost stating that the democrats need to fight both white supremacism and poverty, and they did the latter in Georgia and took that state by offering $2000 /person covid payments as opposed to the $600 offered by the republicans.

so voters, understandably, took a short term fix but nothing in bidens or the democrats recent history suggests to me they'll come up with anything more lasting, just as that chancer trump didn't.

There are some great people in the democratic party, but at it's head they serve their corporate sponsors.

Given historic voter suppression tactics in the south especially, the DP embarked upon a long term campaign to increase voter registration among poor/black voters.

I know this was the policy in Georgia and if they have replicated it in other affected areas, the increased voter-turnout is the democracy equivalent of, the chickens coming home to roost.

As for the affidavit currently at the centre of this thread, it’s not actually from Auturo D’Elia himself. It’s ‘signed’ by someone named Prof. D’Urso, a supposed law professor who does not appear to be D’Elia’s lawyer representing him in the current investigation into D’Elia’s alleged naughtiness at Leonardo SpA.

No idea about Italian affidavits, but an English one would require the document to be signed in the presence of a witness, who in turn signs that they heard the person swear an oath as to the truth of the contents of the affidavit and that it was signed in their presence.

However, I fully expect the Football League to conduct a thorough investigation and find Paladini’s paws all over this and at the very least, a 12 point deduction and transfer embargo looms large on the horizon!

Put me down as ‘currently a bit sceptical’.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Trump on 06:10 - Jan 8 with 1514 viewsDixie_CT

Maybe I’m naive but this does seem like progress:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55583264

Trump’s words are more direct and in line with what he should be saying. Maybe someone has had a word with him and he doesn’t fancy being the fuse on the ticking time bomb that leads to a civil war.
Trump on 06:20 - Jan 8 with 1506 viewsDixie_CT

Slight aside, Trump is 9/1 to win the next election. Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock is 28/1!

If you smellllllllllllllllllll
Trump on 07:18 - Jan 8 with 1474 viewsDixie_CT

Trump on 21:51 - Jan 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Don't tell him Bucks

This reminded me of the classic Dad’s Army joke:

‘Don’t tell him your name Pike’
Trump on 07:36 - Jan 8 with 1456 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Trump on 06:10 - Jan 8 by Dixie_CT

Trump’s words are more direct and in line with what he should be saying. Maybe someone has had a word with him and he doesn’t fancy being the fuse on the ticking time bomb that leads to a civil war.

Given his behaviour, rhetoric and even the awful way he delivers his speeches, it seems to me that he’s been well and truly got at!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Trump on 07:40 - Jan 8 with 1447 viewsKonk

Trump on 22:22 - Jan 7 by BucksRanger

The D'Elia story I posted only appears to have broken today. If I hear nothing more of it I will be surprised as the Congress are being handed that affidavit and should have to make some kind of response. Time will tell.

The Hunter Biden laptop was really interesting when it broke. For a few hours there were a very large number of files and a few videos purportedly from it, to be found on the net. The sheer volume of information was impressive. Unfortunately, it all disappeared PDQ. I wish I could still access it as it seemed pretty damning to me.

Don't take me for a Trump supporter just because I saw things about the Biden family that I didn't care for. To me, the USA have just swapped a crazy president for a crooked one if those files I saw were true.

Bucks, This piece from NBC explains why the media weren’t interested in the Hunter Biden laptop story, and why it only gained traction on Conspiracy/Trump-minded social media. When you consider that not even FOX News would touch it, that ought to set alarms ringing as to it’s veracity. Once again, Giuliani has a mountain of explosive evidence, but won’t share it. There are numerous pieces debunking this case on well-established, serious news websites; the one below is from NBC:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1245533

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Trump on 07:43 - Jan 8 with 1445 viewstraininvain

Trump on 06:10 - Jan 8 by Dixie_CT

Shame it took an attempted insurrection and five people dead including a police officer. Not to mention the embarrassment and weakness it showed to the rest of the world.

I suspect the likes of Pence and McConnell told him to reign it in or they’d use the 25th Amendment and possibly criminal charges.
Trump on 08:00 - Jan 8 with 1424 viewsKonk

Trump on 07:43 - Jan 8 by traininvain

Shame it took an attempted insurrection and five people dead including a police officer. Not to mention the embarrassment and weakness it showed to the rest of the world.

I suspect the likes of Pence and McConnell told him to reign it in or they’d use the 25th Amendment and possibly criminal charges.

Whenever Trump makes a 'Presidential' speech via teleprompter, it's usually followed within 48 hours by a series of tweets that completely undermine/contradict what it was that he said from the podium. Given he's currently banned from Twitter and posting on Facebook, we might not hear more from him for a few days.

As has been said, it's quite possible that it's been explained to him that encouraging an insurrection and assault on the Capitol, might not be the best legal position to put yourself in, might not play well with the GOP establishment who have seen Trump lose the House, Presidency and now Senate, and might be a PR disaster in terms of media coverage and support among moderates.

Trump on 08:13 - Jan 8 with 1401 viewsPhildo

Trump on 08:00 - Jan 8 by Konk

Whenever Trump makes a 'Presidential' speech via teleprompter, it's usually followed within 48 hours by a series of tweets that completely undermine/contradict what it was that he said from the podium. Given he's currently banned from Twitter and posting on Facebook, we might not hear more from him for a few days.

As has been said, it's quite possible that it's been explained to him that encouraging an insurrection and assault on the Capitol, might not be the best legal position to put yourself in, might not play well with the GOP establishment who have seen Trump lose the House, Presidency and now Senate, and might be a PR disaster in terms of media coverage and support among moderates.

Seems pretty clear to me that statement was written by lawyers. It will be interesting to see if they invoke impeachment because if successful it would ban him from running again which may even be attractive to some Republicans.

An interesting case in point was the Kennedy assassination. For years afterwards various conspiracy theories came to light usually through books written by various cranks. Of course there was no social media at the time so it spread slowly rather than by wildfire. I was always interested in it so during the 80s and 90s I read quite a few books about it. Eventually it became pretty clear- perhaps it always was- that Kennedy had been shot by Lee Harvey Oswald despite all the strange events around the day and the main characters.

Regarding Trump's crackpot conversation with the Georgia certifying officer I did listen to in full and convinced me- if I needed it- that Trump is a lunatic narcissistic bully. The guy quietly rebuts all of the crackpot claims for example when Trump says the Dominion machines may have been a problem he just says that they recounted them by hand and got the same results. When he says there were 5000 dead people who voted he says no we checked there were actually two. When he says people from outside the state voted illegally he says no we checked there were people who would previously moved outside the state and then moved back so were eligible to vote et cetera. There has been no credible evidence presented at any point of any wrongdoing in an era where we are surrounded by smart phones and citizen journalists.

What is striking over the last 18 hours so is that if you take away the platform — Facebook and Twitter — other norms of journalism which have acted as constitutional bulwarks come back into play.

I do think we could learn a thing or two here from some of these lessons playing out in front of our eyes.
Trump on 08:34 - Jan 8 with 1363 viewsdistortR

Trump on 07:40 - Jan 8 by Konk

Bucks, This piece from NBC explains why the media weren’t interested in the Hunter Biden laptop story, and why it only gained traction on Conspiracy/Trump-minded social media. When you consider that not even FOX News would touch it, that ought to set alarms ringing as to it’s veracity. Once again, Giuliani has a mountain of explosive evidence, but won’t share it. There are numerous pieces debunking this case on well-established, serious news websites; the one below is from NBC:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1245533

I can't do links, but re: Hunter Biden, and a different point of view, I would recommend looking up the following 2 articles on Scheerpost, which could best be described as 'left wing';

Greenwald - My resignation from 'The Intercept' 29/10/20

There's still no evidence Hunter Biden's Emails are 'Russian disinformation' 16/11/20
Trump on 08:52 - Jan 8 with 1333 viewsKonk

Trump on 08:34 - Jan 8 by distortR

I can't do links, but re: Hunter Biden, and a different point of view, I would recommend looking up the following 2 articles on Scheerpost, which could best be described as 'left wing';

Greenwald - My resignation from 'The Intercept' 29/10/20

There's still no evidence Hunter Biden's Emails are 'Russian disinformation' 16/11/20

I have no time for Greenwald, whatsoever, I'm afraid. Hunter Biden has obviously financially gained due to his name/connections, just as thousands of people do every day in every country, and whilst that might be unpalatable, it doesn't make his Dad corrupt.

And there might not be any evidence that Hunter Biden's emails are Russian disinformation, but the whole story is hugely problematic in terms of its credibility; hence even Fox News wouldn't touch it, and no-one wanted their byline against the story in the NY Post.

Trump on 09:54 - Jan 8 with 1259 viewsEsox_Lucius

Trump on 06:20 - Jan 8 by Dixie_CT

Slight aside, Trump is 9/1 to win the next election. Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock is 28/1!

If you smellllllllllllllllllll

I don't think you are allowed to run the country from a cell in a federal prison.

The grass is always greener.

Trump on 10:04 - Jan 8 with 1235 viewsCamberleyR

Trump on 09:54 - Jan 8 by Esox_Lucius

I don't think you are allowed to run the country from a cell in a federal prison.

Possible talk that he will unprecedentedly pardon himself.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/us/politics/trump-self-pardon.html?action=cli

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Trump on 10:16 - Jan 8 with 1206 viewsKonk

Trump on 10:04 - Jan 8 by CamberleyR

Possible talk that he will unprecedentedly pardon himself.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/us/politics/trump-self-pardon.html?action=cli

Given no President has ever issued themselves a pre-emptive pardon, there's some debate about whether or not he can do that. I could be wrong, but wouldn't that only cover him for Federal charges and not those brought at State level i.e. any indictments brought by the SDNY?

It would be surprising if he doesn't issue pre-emptive pardons for his family, Guiliani and himself. Given Guiliani's role in fighting the Mafia in NYC, it's really sad seeing what's become of him.

Trump on 10:37 - Jan 8 with 1169 viewsmarkqpr

Trump on 10:16 - Jan 8 by Konk

Given no President has ever issued themselves a pre-emptive pardon, there's some debate about whether or not he can do that. I could be wrong, but wouldn't that only cover him for Federal charges and not those brought at State level i.e. any indictments brought by the SDNY?

It would be surprising if he doesn't issue pre-emptive pardons for his family, Guiliani and himself. Given Guiliani's role in fighting the Mafia in NYC, it's really sad seeing what's become of him.

Yeah, I used to really like Guiliani, he did an amazing job as mayor of NY. Cracked down on the mafia, was very pro active in improving the poorer inner city areas and was liked and respected by all New Yorkers.

I found it very hard to reconcile that man with the one stood outside the Four Seasons garden centre literally shouting mad bullsh!t at reporters.

He's an absolute disgrace now.
Trump on 10:37 - Jan 8 with 1169 viewsDixie_CT

Trump on 09:54 - Jan 8 by Esox_Lucius

What’s Dwayne done now? Rock bottom??

Oh, Donald!
[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 10:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024