Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Des O'Connor 10:33 - Nov 15 with 1550 viewsbosh67

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54950051

Hopefully back up in the sky laughing and having the p*ss taken out of him by Eric and Ernie.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

RIP Des O'Connor on 10:37 - Nov 15 with 1536 viewsstowmarketrange

A mate just sent me the castella advert with Russ Abbott fishing and putting Des’s music on to scare the fish out of the water,and I click on here and find out he’s dead.
Coincidence?
I think his best moment on tv was when Stan Boardman told his Fokker joke live on his afternoon show.
RIP Des.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2020 10:39]
RIP Des O'Connor on 10:57 - Nov 15 with 1491 viewsBoston

Turned out for Northampton Town reserves when a teenager.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

RIP Des O'Connor on 11:16 - Nov 15 with 1446 viewsizlingtonhoop

RIP Des O'Connor on 10:37 - Nov 15 by stowmarketrange

A mate just sent me the castella advert with Russ Abbott fishing and putting Des’s music on to scare the fish out of the water,and I click on here and find out he’s dead.
Coincidence?
I think his best moment on tv was when Stan Boardman told his Fokker joke live on his afternoon show.
RIP Des.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2020 10:39]

I think his best moment was when Pamela Stephenson pretended to have a live gun in the studio...

Turns out it was Bob Monkhouse.

This damned memory

Rodney
(Calling into
kitchen)
I can remember when we set
off on the road to our
horizon! It was bloody
years ago! We had a labour
government, you could eat
beef. Des O'Connor was
white. And look at us now!

Des seemed a genuinely great bloke.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2020 11:22]
RIP Des O'Connor on 11:27 - Nov 15 with 1416 viewsRangersDave

And he introduced Buddy Holly on every one of Buddy's UK gigs!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

RIP Des O'Connor on 12:59 - Nov 15 with 1295 views2Thomas2Bowles

Had his last child at 72!!!!!

R I P

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

RIP Des O'Connor on 13:38 - Nov 15 with 1258 viewsMyke

Are we losing more icons this year, or are we just more aware of mortality with covid?
RIP
RIP Des O'Connor on 14:11 - Nov 15 with 1217 viewsPlanetHonneywood

RIP Des O'Connor on 13:38 - Nov 15 by Myke

Are we losing more icons this year, or are we just more aware of mortality with covid?
RIP

I think those of us of a certain age are seeing those we grew up watching and listening to come to the end of their road.

And yet despite a life of drink, drugs and debauchery, Keith Richards will probably outlive that pup we bought from Southend!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

RIP Des O'Connor on 14:40 - Nov 15 with 1167 viewsBoston

RIP Des O'Connor on 13:38 - Nov 15 by Myke

RIP

Icons of your generation, of course, because they're all advanced in years. Few in their 20/30's would be aware of Des O'Connor's life and work.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

RIP Des O'Connor on 14:40 - Nov 15 with 1165 viewsSimonJames

Years ago my mother told me that he used to hang around her school in Dulwich trying to pick up the sixth form girls. He would have been in his mid 20s (and by all accounts wasn't very successful at it).
Young chap with a bit of fame trying to put it about... seems par for the course. But other than that, he seems to have had a remarkably squeaky clean career - perhaps that's how you stay in show business for so long. RIP

100% of people who drink water will die.

RIP Des O'Connor on 21:01 - Nov 16 with 929 viewsMyke

Just as well I am not the sensitive type! Ray Clemence 72. Trevor Cherry 72. Norman Hunter 76. Nobby Styles 78 - Hardly 'advanced years'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024