Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hamilton wins 7th championship 12:22 - Nov 15 with 2127 viewsbosh67

Amazing effort from 6th place. Class from Vettel to be the first to run over to congratulate him. Unbelievable driver. Hamilton's now the greatest driver of all time and lovely words of congratulations from the Schumacher family. Class again.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2020 12:24]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hamilton wins 7th championship on 12:27 - Nov 15 with 1824 viewssupahoopsa

Must surely now be knighted, outstanding sports man and has tried to do so much inside and outside F1 for equality

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Hamilton wins 7th championship on 12:30 - Nov 15 with 1815 viewsEsox_Lucius

That was a masterclass, certainly one of his best ever drives in the conditions. How it wasn't Driver of the Day worthy is a mystery. Congratulations Lewis, you brought a tear to my eye at the end. Only the best drivers get given the best cars and he is certainly the best. Hopefully same again next season, and the seasons after too.

The grass is always greener.

Hamilton wins 7th championship on 13:45 - Nov 15 with 1738 viewsterryb

Hamilton wins 7th championship on 12:30 - Nov 15 by Esox_Lucius

That was a masterclass, certainly one of his best ever drives in the conditions. How it wasn't Driver of the Day worthy is a mystery. Congratulations Lewis, you brought a tear to my eye at the end. Only the best drivers get given the best cars and he is certainly the best. Hopefully same again next season, and the seasons after too.

That must be one of his best drives.

Driver of the day? Possibly & nobody could have argued against it, but many drivers finished furrther up from their grid position than Lewis did (not that he could have finished higher!).

I liked how Lando Norris gained over 30 seconds to finish above Riccardo & Stroll & performed the fastest lap.

Wet conditions does make Formula One more exciting to watch!
Hamilton wins 7th championship on 14:59 - Nov 15 with 1677 viewseghamranger

Fantastic driver and a superb achievement...

But I can’t stand him... comes across as such an arrogant tw.t!!!
Hamilton wins 7th championship on 15:13 - Nov 15 with 1657 viewsLazyFan

Amazing achievement.

Would be even more awesome if he were to win 3 more to get to 10 and make it almost impossible for someone to ever beat his record. Be one fo those legends that never fades ala Pele, Ronaldo, Maradonna etc.

zzzzzzzzzz

Hamilton wins 7th championship on 15:21 - Nov 15 with 1647 viewsdutch

Dreary, predictable sport for the kind of people who like Jeremy Clarkson and tyre pressures. Like enjoying watching the work of plumbers or engineers.
Hamilton wins 7th championship on 15:38 - Nov 15 with 1616 viewsbakerloo8

Quite liked Hamilton but have found him grating recently. No argument he is one of the greatest F1 drivers ever though, good luck to him.
Hamilton wins 7th championship on 20:29 - Nov 15 with 1510 viewsQPR_Jim

Hamilton wins 7th championship on 13:45 - Nov 15 by terryb

That must be one of his best drives.

Driver of the day? Possibly & nobody could have argued against it, but many drivers finished furrther up from their grid position than Lewis did (not that he could have finished higher!).

I liked how Lando Norris gained over 30 seconds to finish above Riccardo & Stroll & performed the fastest lap.

Wet conditions does make Formula One more exciting to watch!

I think Riccardo's comments summed it up pretty well.

"I saw him for the first few laps and I was like maybe we'll be ok today - but then he nearly lapped me!"

Great drive, Bottas is a good driver but he couldn't even keep his Mercedes pointing the right way.
Login to get fewer ads

Hamilton wins 7th championship on 20:42 - Nov 15 with 1483 viewsdigswellhoop

always had best car hasn't had to fight for a seat .
Put him in senna prost Mansel era wouldn't have wouldmuch
Hamilton wins 7th championship on 20:56 - Nov 15 with 1455 viewsdigswellhoop

sorry wouldn't have won many
Hamilton wins 7th championship on 21:19 - Nov 15 with 1429 viewspeejaybee

Hamilton wins 7th championship on 15:21 - Nov 15 by dutch

Dreary, predictable sport for the kind of people who like Jeremy Clarkson and tyre pressures. Like enjoying watching the work of plumbers or engineers.

Tell me have you ever driven round a corner at 150 mph in the rain,Just asking.????

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Hamilton wins 7th championship on 22:15 - Nov 15 with 1381 viewsLoftgirl

Hamilton wins 7th championship on 21:19 - Nov 15 by peejaybee

Tell me have you ever driven round a corner at 150 mph in the rain,Just asking.????

Only when drunk.
Hamilton wins 7th championship on 22:20 - Nov 15 with 1374 viewsSydneyRs

Hamilton wins 7th championship on 20:42 - Nov 15 by digswellhoop

always had best car hasn't had to fight for a seat .
Put him in senna prost Mansel era wouldn't have wouldmuch

Wouldn't be in the best cars if he wasn't the best driver. The best teams don't take average as their lead drivers. He won a couple of titles while Ferrari had the better car and Vettel still couldn't match him.

Maybe he "hasn't had to fight for a seat" because there isn't a better option out there? Just a thought.

His record speaks for itself and but for bad luck he'd already have 9 titles by now.
Hamilton wins 7th championship on 22:34 - Nov 15 with 1337 viewsdigswellhoop

money talks his family weren't poor alelgedly
Hamilton wins 7th championship on 23:41 - Nov 15 with 1294 viewstimcocking

Bloody good effort, well played.
Hamilton wins 7th championship on 23:53 - Nov 15 with 1288 viewsQPR_Jim

Hamilton wins 7th championship on 22:34 - Nov 15 by digswellhoop

money talks his family weren't poor alelgedly

Lol, if his family have got the sort of money of Venuzualan National Oil company (Maldonado) or Mexican Phone Companies (Perez) then maybe he did buy his way onto the circuit. But if his family did have that kind of money, they're idiots for not buying a racing team like Strolls dad.

Anyway I heard that Lewis Hamilton put on loads of weight and retired at the end of 2012 and was replaced by a look-a-like in 2013, that's why he moved to Mercedes! Allegedly.
Hamilton wins 7th championship on 09:33 - Nov 16 with 1156 viewsTheChef

Hamilton wins 7th championship on 23:53 - Nov 15 by QPR_Jim

Lol, if his family have got the sort of money of Venuzualan National Oil company (Maldonado) or Mexican Phone Companies (Perez) then maybe he did buy his way onto the circuit. But if his family did have that kind of money, they're idiots for not buying a racing team like Strolls dad.

Anyway I heard that Lewis Hamilton put on loads of weight and retired at the end of 2012 and was replaced by a look-a-like in 2013, that's why he moved to Mercedes! Allegedly.

Nothing would surprise me these days.

Great achievement - but he does come across like a mind-controlled robot.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hamilton wins 7th championship on 12:45 - Nov 16 with 1074 viewsEsox_Lucius

If this had been Jensen Button or Nigel Mansell who had just achieved this I think the praise would have been a lot more effusive. Seven World Drivers Championships is a big deal.

Hamilton wins 7th championship on 15:03 - Nov 16 with 1013 viewsThGrimRanger

Amazing achievement however the sport itself has suffered as a spectacle.

The time has come to put drivers in different constructors cars for every race. That way every driver gets to drive every car once per season. Still gets a full week to set up, practice etc, but we end up with something that's dynamic, varied and interesting.

At the end of the season we know that the best driver and the best constructor have won.

TheGrimRanger

Hamilton wins 7th championship on 15:49 - Nov 16 with 984 viewsEsox_Lucius

Hamilton wins 7th championship on 15:03 - Nov 16 by ThGrimRanger

Amazing achievement however the sport itself has suffered as a spectacle.

The time has come to put drivers in different constructors cars for every race. That way every driver gets to drive every car once per season. Still gets a full week to set up, practice etc, but we end up with something that's dynamic, varied and interesting.

At the end of the season we know that the best driver and the best constructor have won.

You wouldn't do that in any other professional sport, why do it to Formula 1? Learning a particular cars controls takes time and simulator work, as well as each car is tailored to the drivers body for safety reasons, so al that would happen is that the sport becomes less exciting and more dangerous IMO. Imagine Kevin De Bruyne having to play for a different team each week etc.
With budget caps coming into play during the next few seasons you will see cars having broadly similar specs but it will still be the Lewis Hamiltons, Max Verstappens and Charles LeClercs pushing for WDC titles despite the obvious talents of the Gaselys, Norris' etc. but cream will always rise to the top.

Hamilton wins 7th championship on 17:10 - Nov 16 with 910 viewsLythamR

Hamilton wins 7th championship on 15:49 - Nov 16 by Esox_Lucius

You wouldn't do that in any other professional sport, why do it to Formula 1? Learning a particular cars controls takes time and simulator work, as well as each car is tailored to the drivers body for safety reasons, so al that would happen is that the sport becomes less exciting and more dangerous IMO. Imagine Kevin De Bruyne having to play for a different team each week etc.
With budget caps coming into play during the next few seasons you will see cars having broadly similar specs but it will still be the Lewis Hamiltons, Max Verstappens and Charles LeClercs pushing for WDC titles despite the obvious talents of the Gaselys, Norris' etc. but cream will always rise to the top.

Are you his press agent? asking for a friend :)
Hamilton wins 7th championship on 17:17 - Nov 16 with 905 viewsJuzzie

Same in MotoGP, they may all have two wheels and handlebars but each motorbike is uniquely different, even those from the same manufacturer as they are also set up to each riders style, skill sets etc.

It was inevitable that Rossi would go to Ducati at some point but he simply could not tame the beast, it was an immensely difficult bike to ride compared to the Yamaha's, Honda's etc (and they weren't exactly easy) and something Casey Stoner managed with aplomb. After two seasons Rossi went back to Yamaha.

The thing with Hamilton is that whilst he's a fantastic racer, I think people find him a bit annoying in the same way people don't like Ibrahimovic.

I don't think Mercedes, Sweden, and all of Ibrahimovic's clubs were too bothered what people think.

[Post edited 16 Nov 2020 17:26]
Hamilton wins 7th championship on 20:12 - Nov 16 with 813 viewsQPR_Nippon

Incredible drive and brilliant achievement from one of the all time greats of any sport, let alone motor racing. Incredible how people still try and downplay his achievement and some of the tosh spouted above is further evidence. Never heard anyone that’s actually met the guy accuse him of being arrogant - the comparison with Zlatan is laughable. I guess there are some who don’t like to see him use his platform to raise issues that he cares passionately about but personally I’d like to see more global sporting icons use their platform in this way.

PS. I f’king hate Jeremy Clarkson and have never watched an episode of Top Gear in my life.
Hamilton wins 7th championship on 20:26 - Nov 16 with 799 viewsJuzzie

Hamilton wins 7th championship on 20:12 - Nov 16 by QPR_Nippon

Incredible drive and brilliant achievement from one of the all time greats of any sport, let alone motor racing. Incredible how people still try and downplay his achievement and some of the tosh spouted above is further evidence. Never heard anyone that’s actually met the guy accuse him of being arrogant - the comparison with Zlatan is laughable. I guess there are some who don’t like to see him use his platform to raise issues that he cares passionately about but personally I’d like to see more global sporting icons use their platform in this way.

PS. I f’king hate Jeremy Clarkson and have never watched an episode of Top Gear in my life.

I never compared him to Zlatan, i just gave another example of a sportsman that people don’t warm to. I never said he was arrogant either, where did you even get that from?

Personally, I’d rather people kept politics out of sport, there’s enough political s**t going on without it creeping into places that people go in order to get a respite. Each unto their own I guess.

[Post edited 16 Nov 2020 20:29]
Hamilton wins 7th championship on 08:31 - Nov 17 with 686 viewsQPR_Nippon

Hamilton wins 7th championship on 20:26 - Nov 16 by Juzzie

I never compared him to Zlatan, i just gave another example of a sportsman that people don’t warm to. I never said he was arrogant either, where did you even get that from?

Personally, I’d rather people kept politics out of sport, there’s enough political s**t going on without it creeping into places that people go in order to get a respite. Each unto their own I guess.

[Post edited 16 Nov 2020 20:29]

I know you didn’t say that specifically Juzzie, it was said higher up the thread. It was kind of implied though if you make a comparison with one of the most arrogant sportsmen in the world! We’ll agree to disagree about mixing politics and sport. My view is sport does not exist in a vacuum, so it’s unrealistic to expect that the two be kept separate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024