Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Commentary 22:16 - Nov 27 with 5314 viewsNorthernr

Next person with anything to say against Nick London and Andy Sinton can see me in my fcking office after that tonight.

Among the highlights...

An angry Andy Hinchcliffe rant about how lucky Niko Hamalainen was not to be sent off, for a foul committed by Chrissy Willock, during a prolonged close up of Chrissy Willock, and two replays of Chrissy Willock committing the foul.

Ivan Toney being tackled cleanly by Niko on the edge of the box, charging down the field frustrated, booting Niko up in the air, not getting booked, and Hinchliffe saying he didn't really blame him for being frustrated for not being awarded an obvious foul on the edge of the box, over multiple replays of Niko taking the ball off him.

A lovely five minute first half piece on how many left footers Brentford have signed, identified as a gap in the market demographic by the notoriously wonderful Brentford recruitment department. Enjoyed that, while the game went on in the background.

A wonderful two minute segment on who did what introduction song on Brentford's recent road trip to Barnsley. Neil Diamond for Ivan Toney apparently. Fascinating.

On the bright side, very excited for England's chances in the Euroes with Toney golden booting it from the front.

Fck me, seriously, we are spoilt with Andy and Nick. Having that simpering queef bleched into my ear for 90 minutes tonight almost made me think I was a Brentford fan myself.
Commentary on 22:19 - Nov 27 with 3068 viewsflynnbo

And called Toney's the winning goal 5 minutes before the end.
Commentary on 22:20 - Nov 27 with 3046 viewsbakerloo8

Hinchcliffe always been a prick tbf.

The Willock/Nico incident 2and half did have me laughing tho. Prize tw@t.
Commentary on 22:25 - Nov 27 with 2987 viewsNoelmc

Commentary on 22:20 - Nov 27 by bakerloo8

Hinchcliffe always been a prick tbf.

The Willock/Nico incident 2and half did have me laughing tho. Prize tw@t.

I couldn't believe that he didn't correct himself, when the director/cameraman kept the focus on Willock after the foul. Unbelievable Jeff!
Commentary on 22:25 - Nov 27 with 2984 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Commentary on 22:19 - Nov 27 by flynnbo

And called Toney's the winning goal 5 minutes before the end.

5 and a half minutes.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Commentary on 22:33 - Nov 27 with 2920 viewsqprd

I don’t have sky but I paid the tenner for now tv tonight

I don’t think I had actually really listened to these guys properly before and I was posting on the match thread about how awful the commentary was

I didn’t really mind the homerism as much ... it didn’t bother me too much though I can see why it’s annoying

I just found them to be so absolutely boring ... the play by play guy also was technically quite mediocre too (in addition to having no personality)

Even the half time show was so third rate... I’m surprised sky, for all its resources, allows such drivel to be aired in a relatively decent tv slot
Commentary on 22:33 - Nov 27 with 2919 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Now they seem to be bored and talking up some Norwich player. Buendia?

How is he still playing at this level etc

Time to switch off me thinks!

Commentary on 22:34 - Nov 27 with 2916 viewsOldPedro

Neither commentator said anything about the foul on Dykes being a red card until about 5 mins later when they'd obviously been told by the production team and the replays were shown. It was an obvious red card - no attempt to play the ball and denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Commentary on 22:35 - Nov 27 with 2904 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I had to use their stream tonight, but I went with London and Sinton. I think we're blessed with them. I know London confuses the players sometimes but they're a million times better than Sky.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Commentary on 22:35 - Nov 27 with 2882 viewsflynnbo

As I mentioned om the match thread, the ref was a bottle job.
Commentary on 22:36 - Nov 27 with 2871 views100percent

Kane gets two weak yellows, toney runs around kicking and booting and doesn't get one. total c untery of the highest order.
Commentary on 22:40 - Nov 27 with 2830 viewsNoelmc

Commentary on 22:35 - Nov 27 by BrianMcCarthy

I had to use their stream tonight, but I went with London and Sinton. I think we're blessed with them. I know London confuses the players sometimes but they're a million times better than Sky.

How is the timing between the pictures and the commentary if you do it that way, Brian?
Commentary on 22:51 - Nov 27 with 2779 viewsextratimeR

Jesus! I'm glad you started this thread Clive, I've just been hurling abuse at my telly, how bad were Sky commentators tonight ???

Nothing on the off the ball stuff by Jansen, ( we saw brief clip of knee in back, but nothing on second incident, where Dykes on floor laid out).

First tackle by Hamalinen, yellow card!, can you imagine this Ref doing the Rotherham game?
Its a London Derby!, of course there's going to be a few tackles early on,( silence from Commentators), what the f**k is this " my favourite song" shite?

From a low Bar, this was a SKY SPORTS scraping the barrel commentary, what next
" Thomas Franks introduces us to his favourite wine collection"

Utter Bilge, yes volume down in future, and And Andy Sinton and Nick London,
( which I have always found to be excellent).

You should be ashamed of yourself tonight SKY, utter rubbish
Commentary on 22:53 - Nov 27 with 2744 viewsted_hendrix

I'll have to remind myself again why I got rid of Sky all those Years ago.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Commentary on 23:00 - Nov 27 with 2712 viewsManinBlack

I have mentioned previously that behind the scenes at Sky there are a lot of Bees sympathisers so we should not be surprised if the commentary purrs over them continually. Plus Hinchy never seemed to like us anyway.
Commentary on 23:03 - Nov 27 with 2675 viewsEsox_Lucius

Shoulda taken the knee and none of this woulda happened, kna whad I mean.

The grass is always greener.

Commentary on 23:06 - Nov 27 with 2651 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Commentary on 23:03 - Nov 27 by Esox_Lucius

I had my lucky beer and that didn't work. Taking the knee would have been futile.

Commentary on 23:08 - Nov 27 with 2633 viewsTacticalR

A couple of things I have noticed about Andy Sinton

1. He sees things coming before they happen (i.e. he reads the game)
2. He has a gift for selecting the mot juste to describe what's happened

Air hostess clique

Commentary on 23:14 - Nov 27 with 2590 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Commentary on 22:40 - Nov 27 by Noelmc

How is the timing between the pictures and the commentary if you do it that way, Brian?

I find it ok Noel, sometimes at the beginning of a game I have to pause either stream for a few seconds but once they're synched it's great.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Commentary on 23:24 - Nov 27 with 2535 viewsQPRSteve

Commentary on 23:03 - Nov 27 by Esox_Lucius

Should have taken the knee and stuck between Hinchcliff's legs.
Commentary on 23:40 - Nov 27 with 2480 viewsqprxtc

Nick London and Andy Sinton are the bollocks.

I don’t care if Nick says Barrrtbet or mixes up players or whatever. He cares about Rangers.

I spend most of my time getting drunk at Rangers and I pay a good deal for it.

Carry on Nick.

I love Rangers. But I love alcohol more.
Commentary on 23:45 - Nov 27 with 2452 viewsMatch82

Commentary on 23:08 - Nov 27 by TacticalR

A couple of things I have noticed about Andy Sinton

1. He sees things coming before they happen (i.e. he reads the game)
2. He has a gift for selecting the mot juste to describe what's happened

3. Reacts like a proper fan when we score. Good lad.
Commentary on 01:00 - Nov 28 with 2339 viewsSuperhoop83

The commentary tonight was more nauseating than Love Actually.

Fair play, however, to Hinchcliffe for gobbling off Ivan Toney while one of them was on the pitch and one of them was in the gantry. That can't be easy.

Suffering since 1978.

Commentary on 01:51 - Nov 28 with 2289 viewstimcocking

I've always felt they miss a fair bit. I've grown to like the pair of them, but it isn't the best commentary duo in history.
Commentary on 11:03 - Nov 28 with 1983 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I just remembered the disparaging comment about Les Ferdinand. By Hinchcliffe I think referring to him as our “overlord” (sniggers in background) when discussing comments LF made about similarities between Chair and Peter Beardsley.

Also does anyone know who the women was, presenting the show in the studio - out of interest?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 11:06]

Commentary on 11:09 - Nov 28 with 1954 viewsfrancisbowles

The whole coverage has an air of low budget, stretched out, schedule filler. They probably think there's not many watching who aren't fans of one of the clubs, and they will watch anyway.

I don't know for sure but I think it is a bit more up market when they show the wealth league.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024