Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Whiteman 09:39 - Dec 30 with 8740 viewsGloucs_R

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-interested-in-doncaster-midfielder-white

Captain, 24, 130 games in the lower league

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ben Whiteman on 09:43 - Dec 30 with 6362 viewsfrancisbowles

After your test drive, will you take our used keeper in part exchange?
[Post edited 30 Dec 2020 9:44]
Ben Whiteman on 09:45 - Dec 30 with 6339 viewsBlue_Castello

Genuinely can't see us spending money on transfers in January and he's under contract until 2023, pretty sure we will be dipping into the loan market which we desperately need.
Ben Whiteman on 10:42 - Dec 30 with 6076 viewsGloucs_R

Ben Whiteman on 09:45 - Dec 30 by Blue_Castello

Genuinely can't see us spending money on transfers in January and he's under contract until 2023, pretty sure we will be dipping into the loan market which we desperately need.

Loans cost money too. Depends how much they want for him.

Ben Whiteman on 10:49 - Dec 30 with 6038 viewsMedwayR

Sounds like he'd be a decent option and glad that we're looking in the right places. I think we'll have to spend in Jan, either on loans or permanent as we need an injection of quality and given the funds we received in the summer I think we've got enough flexibility with regard to FFP to do some business if the right deals come up.

Poll: Who’s better?

Ben Whiteman on 10:52 - Dec 30 with 6008 viewsrsonist

They were rejecting bids reportedly between £1m-£2m in the summer.

Nothing to dislike about it if we could pull it off though.
Ben Whiteman on 10:52 - Dec 30 with 6008 viewsThGrimRanger

2 x fullback has to be priority

TheGrimRanger

Ben Whiteman on 10:58 - Dec 30 with 5955 viewsBoston

We may be interested but I doubt he’s going anywhere. They’re right in the mix for promotion, unless someone offers funny money he’s an integral part of that push.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ben Whiteman on 11:06 - Dec 30 with 5929 viewsGloucs_R

Ben Whiteman on 10:52 - Dec 30 by rsonist

They were rejecting bids reportedly between £1m-£2m in the summer.

Nothing to dislike about it if we could pull it off though.

Maybe a similar deal to what we paid for Dickie, plus throw in Lumley.

Anything we get for BOS needs to be invested back into the squad.

Login to get fewer ads

Ben Whiteman on 11:51 - Dec 30 with 5755 viewsdaveB

With them wanting Lumley a deal could possibly be done there
Ben Whiteman on 11:58 - Dec 30 with 5723 viewsBAWHoops

If he's 'the one' for central midfield then they'll get him.

From the (admittedly very limited) sources I have they bit the bullet with Dickie and Bonne and paid what was asked for

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Ben Whiteman on 12:00 - Dec 30 with 5696 viewsswitchingcode

Join us in the queue,allegedly
Ben Whiteman on 12:04 - Dec 30 with 5688 viewsgobbles

All depends on which club is the most broke.
I was listening to Neil Harris on the Cardiff manager's zoom conference last night. He said Cardiff would not be spending in January. He said no clubs would be, because there was no money. He claimed there was a big problem with clubs not being able to pay wages, which was not being reported on. Clubs just do not have any money to spend on transfers because survival is the only priority.
This sort of "clubs are monitoring the situation" reporting at the moment is nonsense, because there are bigger issues at stake for all clubs than an out of form full-back.
Ben Whiteman on 12:22 - Dec 30 with 5615 viewsted_hendrix

Ben Whiteman on 12:04 - Dec 30 by gobbles

I was listening to Neil Harris on the Cardiff manager's zoom conference last night. He said Cardiff would not be spending in January. He said no clubs would be, because there was no money. He claimed there was a big problem with clubs not being able to pay wages, which was not being reported on. Clubs just do not have any money to spend on transfers because survival is the only priority.
This sort of "clubs are monitoring the situation" reporting at the moment is nonsense, because there are bigger issues at stake for all clubs than an out of form full-back.

Exactly,

What club is going to be purchasing players under the current financial strains they are all having to deal with?
If you've got no cash in your wallet and no likelihood of any cash being put in your wallet until gawd knows when then that's it, that's the situation.
There is no way QPR will be purchasing players in January and in any case I'm not that confident that this season will be completed anyway.

Like it or lump it it'll be loans and hopefully shrewd loans at that.

Not a chance we will be buying anyone in January.

Not quite sure how those dorks at SKY will be able to deal with having nothing to talk about during the January transfer window, but then I don't give a f uck about SKY.

Slammed shut.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ben Whiteman on 12:26 - Dec 30 with 5593 viewsdaveB

Ben Whiteman on 12:04 - Dec 30 by gobbles

I don't think anyone is spending millions but everyone needs money at the moment so prices of players likely to drop, I think we'll add 2/3 players in January, none for big money though obviously
Ben Whiteman on 12:29 - Dec 30 with 5578 viewsgobbles

Ben Whiteman on 12:26 - Dec 30 by daveB

I don't think anyone is spending millions but everyone needs money at the moment so prices of players likely to drop, I think we'll add 2/3 players in January, none for big money though obviously

Exactly. There will always be owners taking a risk, while other clubs will be forced to take any offer they get.
Ben Whiteman on 12:47 - Dec 30 with 5515 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Ben Whiteman on 10:42 - Dec 30 by Gloucs_R

Loans cost money too. Depends how much they want for him.

True but with loans the club can target PL players on short-term contracts whilst with buys they have to scour the lower leagues and hand out long contracts.

For me, it depends on the managerial situation. The club should only commit to more permanent signings if it intends to retain MW's services. If it doesn't then better to leave some headroom for his replacement.

As for Whiteman, central midfield is certainly a priority but I suspect he'd want a healthy pay rise and long contract to convince him to leave a promotion chasing side for a relegation scrap.
Ben Whiteman on 13:39 - Dec 30 with 5365 viewsHAYESBOY

If we can use Lumley and get him at a decent price then I trust MW. I also agree that this is the area we need to strengthen in. If Cameron plays in a 3 at the back then we have Ball, Carroll and Bettache for a midfield 2.
We have two left back/wing backs. Two right backs/wing backs. IMO that's enough.
With Amos out till next year we are week in the middle of the park.
I would also look to loan in a striker if the right one was available.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Ben Whiteman on 14:47 - Dec 30 with 5128 viewsNorthernr

Preston are in for this lad as well. We've got some Lumley leverage though.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Ben Whiteman on 14:54 - Dec 30 with 5083 viewsStanisgod

Ben Whiteman on 10:52 - Dec 30 by ThGrimRanger

2 x fullback has to be priority

Over a decent midfielder and a bloke who can score?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Ben Whiteman on 16:10 - Dec 30 with 4916 viewshoopdog

Ben Whiteman on 14:47 - Dec 30 by Northernr

Preston are in for this lad as well. We've got some Lumley leverage though.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Saw M W is thinking of loaning out Kelly , does mean he's thinking of recalling Lumley ? Or playing bluff
Ben Whiteman on 16:27 - Dec 30 with 4859 viewsMickS

Ben Whiteman on 12:22 - Dec 30 by ted_hendrix

Exactly,

What club is going to be purchasing players under the current financial strains they are all having to deal with?
If you've got no cash in your wallet and no likelihood of any cash being put in your wallet until gawd knows when then that's it, that's the situation.
There is no way QPR will be purchasing players in January and in any case I'm not that confident that this season will be completed anyway.

Like it or lump it it'll be loans and hopefully shrewd loans at that.

Not a chance we will be buying anyone in January.

Not quite sure how those dorks at SKY will be able to deal with having nothing to talk about during the January transfer window, but then I don't give a f uck about SKY.

Slammed shut.

I don’t have a clue ,Ted, but this seems very plausible.

Anyway, have you checked on Delia?
Ben Whiteman on 13:18 - Jan 7 with 4094 viewsNorthernr

First bids from us and PNE knocked back.
Ben Whiteman on 13:33 - Jan 7 with 4023 viewsDannyPaddox

Anyone who prefers Preston to London is either a sex-offender or a snooker-player.
Ben Whiteman on 13:38 - Jan 7 with 3979 viewsmikeygunn

Ben Whiteman on 13:33 - Jan 7 by DannyPaddox

Anyone who prefers Preston to London is either a sex-offender or a snooker-player.

I hope this was in reference to Ched Evens. Who is the snooker player?!
Ben Whiteman on 13:41 - Jan 7 with 3951 viewsDieByYourSide

"One has likely been dissuaded from following up their offer"

('E dunt like it down in t'that thur London'?)

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-reject-bids

Poll: And it's hi ho

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024