Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton Vans - Match Thread 10:22 - Jan 11 with 55963 viewsCFW

Never had the confidence to start a match thread, going early and hoping first time lucky!!

The obvious questions - will Charlie start? will he be used as an impact sub and can we keep a clean sheet? I really, really hope and pray that bringing him back works out for both sides. There are two Charlie Austins - the one we took on, burning desire to do well, worked very hard for the team, played on even though he was in a lot of pain and gave everything to every game. The other, unfortunately, (if you read and believe the reports) is someone who lost his desire, had his head turned, went off the rails, put on a load of timber and is not, and will never be the same man or player he was in the past. Could go either way, but I hope for both the club and his sake it goes well for him and I wish him all the very best of luck.

I am going for a 1-2 win - and after being awarded a penalty Charlie picks up the ball and gives it to Dykes who slams it into the back of the net to win us the match. They embrace and it is the start of a beautiful partnership.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:06 - Jan 12 with 2169 viewsqprxtc

We’ve only lost twice to Luton in 23 games going back to 1988.

Golly.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:06 - Jan 12 with 2168 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:05 - Jan 12 by LongsufferingR

With BOS now at wing back, I wonder whether the plan is to play the Dutch guy on the left and replace Kane with BOS?

De Wijs is a centre-back, it seems. According to WLS at any rate, we're looking for a left-back on loan.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:07 - Jan 12 with 2160 viewskropotkin41

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:03 - Jan 12 by Hunterhoop

Dykes has had an excellent game. Missed his chance (again), but his all round game was very good to be fair to him. There is a good player in there, somewhere.

Adomah showed his football brain when on the pitch. Just needs more minutes to get sharper. Him and Austin on the pitch at the same time could be superb.

Dickie and Dieng superb at the back once more. Dieng just looks like a proper keeper.

Almost scary to have a good all round performance. Long may this last. It's been long enough since we scored a goal, how long has it been since we've had a good run? Am I being greedy?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:07 - Jan 12 with 2157 viewskarl

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:59 - Jan 12 by TacticalR

Austin has brought confidence to the team.

Perhaps one reason Dykes played better is that Austin has taken the pressure off him.

No doubt about it in my mind, and the support he brought higher up the pitch to him
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:09 - Jan 12 with 2068 viewsqprd

Some mixed reviews on Kane here tonight

I think he had a good game

Defensively was solid, no mistakes, no slowly letting a wide man run at him, no sleepwalking

His crossing wasn’t great but think he deserves credit for constantly making himself available on the right and pinging balls in.... asked a lot of questions and while not all of his crosses came off, he was putting luton on the back foot
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:11 - Jan 12 with 1996 viewskarl

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:03 - Jan 12 by Hunterhoop

Dykes has had an excellent game. Missed his chance (again), but his all round game was very good to be fair to him. There is a good player in there, somewhere.

Adomah showed his football brain when on the pitch. Just needs more minutes to get sharper. Him and Austin on the pitch at the same time could be superb.

Dickie and Dieng superb at the back once more. Dieng just looks like a proper keeper.

Somewhere?
You saw it at Kenilworth Road tonight.

Think too harsh there HH, that was a good performance from a championship forward and not sure what you are expecting tbf.
Agree with everything else
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:12 - Jan 12 with 1976 viewsqueensparker

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:06 - Jan 12 by qprxtc

We’ve only lost twice to Luton in 23 games going back to 1988.

Golly.

Never forget that 6-0 game when even Paul Parker scored.

Love beating Luton.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:12 - Jan 12 with 1963 viewsted_hendrix

I went for a walk at 88 minutes and 1-0 up, I couldn't handle it.

Couldn't buy a bloody spliff anywhere around here.

Came back and It's 2-0.

E-I-E-I-O up the thingy we go

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:13 - Jan 12 with 1939 viewsactonman

Phew , I’m going to have a lie down , think my Fitbit has been clocked
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:14 - Jan 12 with 1902 viewsMyke

8 shots on target. 2 for them.Can't argue with that. Fully deserved win
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:14 - Jan 12 with 1895 viewsGaryT

Right, that's done.

CFW, Wycombe Match Thread please?
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:14 - Jan 12 with 1884 viewsA40Bosh

I would go as far to say that he had one of his better games tonight.
Whether Luton stood off him more than Fulham did on Saturday and allowed him a bit more time and space to get his cross over the first defender, or whether he just engineered that space for himself he still managed to get the ball in to the box a number of times tonight, all heaps pressure on to the defence and the keeper. Pleased for him because I don't think he has ever hid, and has put an effort in even if he has not been that effective in games.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:15 - Jan 12 with 1856 viewsHunterhoop

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:11 - Jan 12 by karl

Somewhere?
You saw it at Kenilworth Road tonight.

Think too harsh there HH, that was a good performance from a championship forward and not sure what you are expecting tbf.
Agree with everything else

I said he had an excellent game!!?!

You’re getting a bit protective there, Karl.

He was excellent tonight, but one swallow does not make a summer. I was the second to say on another thread last week that I think there is a good player in there.

But it’s still buried quite deep. Today was very good. Needs to play like that most weeks and score every 3 games, then you have an excellent player. Tonight was an excellent performance. They are different.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:15 - Jan 12 with 1845 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:12 - Jan 12 by queensparker

Never forget that 6-0 game when even Paul Parker scored.

Love beating Luton.

6-1?

Loved it. I hate Luton nearly as much as I hate Ch****a.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:17 - Jan 12 with 1801 viewsMyke

13 points from play-offs
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:18 - Jan 12 with 1785 viewsHunterhoop

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:13 - Jan 12 by actonman

Phew , I’m going to have a lie down , think my Fitbit has been clocked

My new Garmin reckons I’ve done 25 min of intense activity during that second half. Didn’t realise Rangers was keeping me fit.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:18 - Jan 12 with 1783 viewsflynnbo

Excellent all round performance. Chaz is a very clever player and just knew he'd score,. COYRS!!
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:19 - Jan 12 with 1752 viewsStanisgod

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:58 - Jan 12 by qprd

Well done chas Austin, rob dickie, dykes, dieng.,,, actually welll played to everyone

Special credit to adomah too.... thought he played those last 20 mins like an experienced pro.... helped us get the result

Love to see Adomah feeding Charlie, clever enough to pick up on his runs.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:19 - Jan 12 with 1727 viewsCFW

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:14 - Jan 12 by GaryT

Right, that's done.

CFW, Wycombe Match Thread please?

Thanks - would be very happy to oblige. Cannot stress how great I feel tonight-happy for Charlie, for the team, manager but especially happy for all you great supporters. Brian thanks so much for all your hard work and the reporting. Bring on Saturday and hopefully another 3 points 🤞🤞🤞🤞
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:20 - Jan 12 with 1702 viewskarl

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:14 - Jan 12 by A40Bosh

I would go as far to say that he had one of his better games tonight.
Whether Luton stood off him more than Fulham did on Saturday and allowed him a bit more time and space to get his cross over the first defender, or whether he just engineered that space for himself he still managed to get the ball in to the box a number of times tonight, all heaps pressure on to the defence and the keeper. Pleased for him because I don't think he has ever hid, and has put an effort in even if he has not been that effective in games.

He doesn't sit well with me as a defender as I think he doesn't get close enough so attacker with quick feet can get a move on him too often, that said if we're playing wing backs I think he's better than Kakay but that was due to his willingness/ability to put in well shaped crosses from the edge of the box. He lost that ability horrendously for a while but at least tonight a good percentage of them were in the right area and caused Luton problems.
I am happy for him as it had to have been a hard spell but he never hid and that does deserve credit
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:22 - Jan 12 with 1638 viewsstainrods_elbow

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:03 - Jan 12 by London_Pride

I think the message said “RIP Sis, I miss you”

He's lost his sister? If he got carded by the ref for showing his undershirt to a load of cardboard cut-outs, the latter should be hung. drawn and quartered.

Well done him, Dykes, and everyone rest for shoving all my words back down my too talkative throat! A dogged 2nd half, not too much more than that, but we deserved it in the end for getting so much right in the first 45, albeit partly thanks to Luton's finishing being so shocking. A decent performance in which we looked like a team for the first time in ages, and an inestimably welcome three points (even though it's only three points).
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 21:27]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:23 - Jan 12 with 1606 viewsdistortR

Particularly pleased for a couple of the most criticised players.
I think there's a solid championship player in Kane, I don't know whether he suffers from a lack confidence at times.
As for Bonne, he's had a difficult start in a difficult season, but I like his work rate and watching against Fulham it struck me how many headers he wins. Hopefully that goal will do him the world of confidence.
Ball is quietly being the player we need him to be.
Great win - well done my rip-roaring Rangers!
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:27 - Jan 12 with 1529 viewsdistortR

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:22 - Jan 12 by stainrods_elbow

He's lost his sister? If he got carded by the ref for showing his undershirt to a load of cardboard cut-outs, the latter should be hung. drawn and quartered.

Well done him, Dykes, and everyone rest for shoving all my words back down my too talkative throat! A dogged 2nd half, not too much more than that, but we deserved it in the end for getting so much right in the first 45, albeit partly thanks to Luton's finishing being so shocking. A decent performance in which we looked like a team for the first time in ages, and an inestimably welcome three points (even though it's only three points).
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 21:27]

This came up with Bright - we criticise players for all sorts of things while never knowing what is going on to them outside football
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:29 - Jan 12 with 1465 viewsdm97

Great performance from dykes - clearly lifted from the arrival of Charles - raring around causing havoc and being a nuisance. Hopefully come May we can all talk about pre-Austin Dykes and a post-Austin Dykes. Very pleased for him.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:30 - Jan 12 with 1456 viewsderbyhoop

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:44 - Jan 12 by stainrods_elbow

THis 2nd half, we've basically reverted to type! Since Austin went off, the ball just doesn't stick up front. Then Warbs takes Chair off as usual, and our creativity dips still further, depressingly.

Luton should definitely be at 1-1 by now, but fortunately for us their finishing has been Rs-esque.

I know you're a miserable so and so, but they've had 2 attempts all half. Why should it be 1 -1?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024