Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread 10:49 - Mar 9 with 34994 viewsDubaiR

I think as long as everyone fit start the same team as Saturday, we looked superb. This is a tricky game and I hope he doesn't see it as a chance to rest a couple like Charlie.

Prediction 2 -0 home win.

Match Thread on 21:00 - Mar 9 with 1981 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
Yes - we won. But it was such hard work.
This was one of those matches where we ground out a win.
Although it did look like, especially in the first half, that we were going to canter home.
Far from it.
Credit to WW - not much quality apart from Mehmeti.
But 100 per cent effort.
Thank goodness for our defence including Kakay late on.
There was a lack of sharpness for us up front apart from Willock.
Johansen again outstanding in midfield.
However 12th spot is glorious.
And another clean sheet.
Last 12 games 8 wins and 1 draw.
I'm sure we'd have settled for that - anytime.
Match Thread on 21:00 - Mar 9 with 1977 viewsNoelmc

According to the stats the two teams had 6 successful crosses out of 49. It was certainly a weak area of the game.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2021 21:03]
Match Thread on 21:01 - Mar 9 with 1975 viewsMyke

Another clean sheet, double figures for the season now. Another 'ugly' win - I'll take that
Match Thread on 21:01 - Mar 9 with 1956 viewsMalintabuk

Good win and really we took our foot of the gas in the last 20 mins and allowed WW to give us a few hairy moments
We really never looked in danger that defence is looking really good and the players that came in have really turned our season round
Jo Jo MOTM he is total class and would sell my left knacker to keep him
Another clean sheet and onwards to Huddersfield on Saturday. Into the top half of the table as well.... got to give the club and Warbs huge credit for the loans they have been awesome
Willock another good game and the goal was all down to him
We are looking a decent team at the moment. Don't concede many and looking dangerous going forward. Good Times at last
Match Thread on 21:01 - Mar 9 with 1956 viewsjohncharles

Match Thread on 20:58 - Mar 9 by BklynRanger

Luvly jubbly.

Hate games like this where we’re clear favourites and everyone expects an easy ride. Over the moon for a 1 - 0 win

Strong and stable my arse.

Match Thread on 21:01 - Mar 9 with 1936 viewsstevec

That was hard work, but a wins a win
Match Thread on 21:02 - Mar 9 with 1890 viewsGloryHunter

I'd love to know what kind of Sports Science has Akinfemwe still playing at Championship level.
Match Thread on 21:03 - Mar 9 with 1884 viewsdublinr

12th is mid-table mediocrity. Fancy that.

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread on 21:03 - Mar 9 with 1882 viewsTacticalR

Slip up avoided, and Wycombe weren't bad.

Air hostess clique

Match Thread on 21:03 - Mar 9 with 1873 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

3 points and top arf!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Match Thread on 21:04 - Mar 9 with 1850 viewsderbyhoop

2nd half was painfully low on quality. Not down to Birmingham levels but not a lot better. WW work hard but don't have much quality and they don't work as hard as Barnsley.

Take the 3 points and move on to Huddersfield.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Match Thread on 21:06 - Mar 9 with 1760 viewsRs_Holy

Match Thread on 21:03 - Mar 9 by dublinr

12th is mid-table mediocrity. Fancy that.

12th in a division of 24 teams, 13 points off the playoffs, 14 points off the relegation places... its about as middle as its possible to get
Match Thread on 21:07 - Mar 9 with 1761 viewsDieByYourSide

Well done the lads. Never gonna be a classic. Job done, take the three points and move on!

Poll: And it's hi ho

Match Thread on 21:08 - Mar 9 with 1714 viewsBklynRanger

Match Thread on 21:03 - Mar 9 by TacticalR

Slip up avoided, and Wycombe weren't bad.

Innn-deed
Match Thread on 21:08 - Mar 9 with 1714 viewsRangersw12

Hard work second half but have to give Wycombe credit they really battled without really creating many chances

Great result and upto 12th
Match Thread on 21:10 - Mar 9 with 1680 viewskarl

Willock cementing his place will be good for Dykes, he's now back up to the central striker position in the formation Scotland were playing with him.
He won't replace Chaz but will be able to do what he did tonight with 20-30 mins left, central with 2 runners around him.
I thought he was ok there tonight, with obvious room for improvement, take away the half hearted shot (no excuse for that) and he misplaced one long pass. Rolled his ankle on another chance but hard to tell if he could be blamed for that without seeing it again.
I think he was a positive all things considered.
Dickie and Device are a good partnership with Dickie fast becoming one of the leagues best ball playing defenders.
Johansen signing permanently would be a huge piece of business.
Looking good for a nice end to the season, hopefully we don't become stale when mathematically safe
Match Thread on 21:11 - Mar 9 with 1652 viewsdublinr

Match Thread on 21:06 - Mar 9 by Rs_Holy

12th in a division of 24 teams, 13 points off the playoffs, 14 points off the relegation places... its about as middle as its possible to get

Yes, it's a level of mid-table mediocrity to which other teams can only aspire. A thing of beauty (considering where we were a few weeks ago).

Match Thread on 21:12 - Mar 9 with 1640 viewsted_hendrix

Always get games like this--we've got no right to think we can roll over any club in this league, we're good---mid table good and that's about it, well that's how I see it anyway.
Good luck to Wildthing for the future.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Match Thread on 21:13 - Mar 9 with 1623 viewsloftus77

Queens Park Rangers, tonight, are a top-half Championship team. I'm going to lie down.

Thanks Brian.
Match Thread on 21:13 - Mar 9 with 1622 viewsed_83

Credit to Wycombe, they looked much more dangerous than their position in the table suggests, pressed us incessantly and made things very difficult, just lacked any quality in the final third.

Frustrating that we couldn't slow the game down second half and keep hold of the ball more consistently, but we defended really well and showed some serious composure to hold out at the end. Great effort across the whole team, couldn't fault any of their fitness or energy levels.

Johansen was excellent, my MOM for sure, but Dickie was right up there with him. Willock and Chair faded badly second half but were superb in the first, particularly Willock, and I thought Kane and Wallace continued their strong form. Particular shout for Charlie as well, who had nothing happening up front but worked his socks off with his link-up play nonetheless.

Still things to work on, but I reckon that's a very solid three points against a tricky opponent.
Match Thread on 21:14 - Mar 9 with 1566 viewsqprphil

No game is easy, and this was no exception. We were expecting a win, and we got one. Next game please. Dare I say win the next two, and we can start dreaming.........
Match Thread on 21:16 - Mar 9 with 1514 viewsLowerloftLad

top 12 lovely jubbley
nice 3 points
chair now on 7 goals
wilcocks 3rd assist of the season
clean sheet
another win for mr warburton

can we start to the say the s word now and start to discuss which premier league side we would like joining us and who we would prefer from league one ?

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Match Thread on 21:18 - Mar 9 with 1490 viewsactonman

Made hard work of that for sure but at the end of the day , 3 points is 3 points , how many games we played the opposition off the park and got fcuk all ?
Match Thread on 21:18 - Mar 9 with 1480 viewsstrikerace

8 wins and a draw in the last 12

25 out of 36 pts. Bet that points us at the top of the league on form
Match Thread on 21:19 - Mar 9 with 1451 viewsRangersw12

Match Thread on 21:16 - Mar 9 by LowerloftLad

top 12 lovely jubbley
nice 3 points
chair now on 7 goals
wilcocks 3rd assist of the season
clean sheet
another win for mr warburton

can we start to the say the s word now and start to discuss which premier league side we would like joining us and who we would prefer from league one ?

Want Lincoln to go up

New ground for everyone
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024