Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10th 21:53 - Mar 17 with 1794 viewsMyke

Looking at the table, tenth is very achievable, but beyond that would probably be a bit of a stretch, although Mick's revolution seems to be grinding to a halt. Tenth would be a hell of an achievement give all the much-publicised talent (and goals) we have lost and very quantifiable progress on last season
10th on 22:16 - Mar 17 with 1676 viewsnix

It's our first eight games that screwed us: losing three times to Coventry, Preston and Barnsley and drawing with Sheffield Wednesday, Bournemouth, Middlesbrough and Birmingham. If we take our last 28 games we're only three points off sixth place. Which makes sense that we'd take longer to get going as we were pretty much a scratch side with hardly any pre-season.
10th on 22:42 - Mar 17 with 1583 viewsMyke

10th on 22:16 - Mar 17 by nix

It's our first eight games that screwed us: losing three times to Coventry, Preston and Barnsley and drawing with Sheffield Wednesday, Bournemouth, Middlesbrough and Birmingham. If we take our last 28 games we're only three points off sixth place. Which makes sense that we'd take longer to get going as we were pretty much a scratch side with hardly any pre-season.

Agree there were some disappointing results in there, particularly Coventry, Preston and Birmingham. But for me, December was particularly bleak, I think it was you Nix who posted a prediction of what we would pick up from our December fixtures (if it was somebody else, apologies) and we ended up picking up so few. We were in real trouble at Christmas, I thought. I wanted to keep believing in Warburton, but he seemed out of ideas and out of time after the Swansea game. He survived Norwich, had a great window, and the rest...
10th on 22:48 - Mar 17 with 1555 viewsLowerloftLad

the whole manning and bos situations was not helping us early doors

we now have a squad of players who want to be here and if we can get the loan players signed we will have a strong spine to the team.
also brand spanking new training ground on the way all things considered we have had a good season.

add that to a manager who will be coming into his third season with us and we may actually look rather stable

warburton must be closing in on 100 games in charge soon enough
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 22:53]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

10th on 23:01 - Mar 17 with 1493 viewsMyke

10th on 22:48 - Mar 17 by LowerloftLad

we now have a squad of players who want to be here and if we can get the loan players signed we will have a strong spine to the team.
also brand spanking new training ground on the way all things considered we have had a good season.

add that to a manager who will be coming into his third season with us and we may actually look rather stable

If you add in (the few) cup games and pre-season friendlies, he must be very near that milestone. Great to have that continuity.
Good point on the Manning and BOS situations too - had to be disruptive.
10th on 23:05 - Mar 17 with 1472 viewsngbqpr

10th on 22:48 - Mar 17 by LowerloftLad

“A manager who will be coming into his third season...”

Takes some getting used to - let’s cherish that thought.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

10th on 23:10 - Mar 17 with 1455 viewsE17hoop

P88
W30
D21
L37

Win rate 34%

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

10th on 23:16 - Mar 17 with 1426 viewsgigiisourgod

10th on 23:10 - Mar 17 by E17hoop

P88
W30
D21
L37

Win rate 34%

Think top half will be a remarkable achievement from this season and hopefully a platform to push on from. We will do very well in the summer to go into next season with the same squad (and manager) we currently have.
10th on 23:17 - Mar 17 with 1423 viewsMyke

10th on 23:10 - Mar 17 by E17hoop

P88
W30
D21
L37

Win rate 34%

your point?
Login to get fewer ads

10th on 23:17 - Mar 17 with 1422 viewsnix

10th on 22:42 - Mar 17 by Myke

Agree there were some disappointing results in there, particularly Coventry, Preston and Birmingham. But for me, December was particularly bleak, I think it was you Nix who posted a prediction of what we would pick up from our December fixtures (if it was somebody else, apologies) and we ended up picking up so few. We were in real trouble at Christmas, I thought. I wanted to keep believing in Warburton, but he seemed out of ideas and out of time after the Swansea game. He survived Norwich, had a great window, and the rest...

It's a fair point Myke. We were really bad in December! I wanted him to stay but in the end even I thought it might not work out as the tide was turning against him. And I do remember starting that thread. Looking it up I thought we might get seven points from five matches, and we got two!
10th on 08:11 - Mar 18 with 1226 viewsHastings_Hoops

I can imagine us winning the next three (based on Jan-March form book), a defeat and a draw then who knows? 8th- 10th and a few points off 6th... just to do it the QPR way and keep us all wondering what could have been.
10th on 08:27 - Mar 18 with 1177 viewsgazza1

If we can get consistency we would be easily in the top 10, even without it we should get there.

Last nights performance highlighted our inconsistency, 1st and 2nd half = chalk and cheeze. I just cant work out why - it must be doing MW and his Teams head in, maybe the players heads in as well.
10th on 10:33 - Mar 18 with 1024 viewsHastings_Hoops

10th on 08:27 - Mar 18 by gazza1

If we can get consistency we would be easily in the top 10, even without it we should get there.

Last nights performance highlighted our inconsistency, 1st and 2nd half = chalk and cheeze. I just cant work out why - it must be doing MW and his Teams head in, maybe the players heads in as well.

If our players were consistent they would cost a load more and be on the premier league or a top four team.
10th on 10:39 - Mar 18 with 998 viewsNed_Kennedys

10th on 08:27 - Mar 18 by gazza1

Selection of Cameron in midfield presumably for his height when in fact ‘Wall had no big guys in midfield or attack was a big mistake and was the issue in the first half. Much better in second half though.
10th on 14:28 - Mar 18 with 886 viewsMyke

10th on 10:39 - Mar 18 by Ned_Kennedys

Selection of Cameron in midfield presumably for his height when in fact ‘Wall had no big guys in midfield or attack was a big mistake and was the issue in the first half. Much better in second half though.

As I said on the match thread only (luckily for me) only saw the second half. But it was Cameron's delivery, which was expertly flicked to the net by Austin. Cameron also split the defence with a peach of a ball, all Chaz had to do was square it to the unmarked Dykes, but selfishly opted to shoot, himself. There is still football life left in Cameron
10th on 15:36 - Mar 18 with 826 viewsdmm

I've been thinking for a while that 10th should be our target. A final tally of 65 points could well do it. It would be the best finishing place since our 2013/14 when we finished 4th on 80 points.
10th on 16:42 - Mar 18 with 776 viewsPinnerPaul

10th on 10:33 - Mar 18 by Hastings_Hoops

If our players were consistent they would cost a load more and be on the premier league or a top four team.

Not too many 'consistent' teams in this league.

Only really Norwich and poor old Wycombe have been truly consistent.
10th on 20:39 - Mar 18 with 660 viewskensalriser

10th on 16:42 - Mar 18 by PinnerPaul

Not too many 'consistent' teams in this league.

Only really Norwich and poor old Wycombe have been truly consistent.

Reading lost to Birmingham last night.

Just thought I'd put that out there.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024