Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m 09:18 - Apr 11 with 7592 viewsSimplyNico

According to the super, soaraway Sun.

We'll see. Good for him if he gets a Prem move.
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 13:44 - Apr 12 with 2472 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 10:19 - Apr 12 by robith

Interesting to see other's persepctives on this - persoanlly thought £6m for a keeper who doesn't yet have a full season of championship football (in a team that's 11th with 0 GD no less) was about right

I think you're looking at it backwards. Eze was clearly an outstanding player in a mid-table team that finished with a negative goal difference. Does that lower his valuation? Not a jot. Equally anyone with eyes in their head can see that Dieng has all the characteristics to be a top goalkeeper and he should be valued accordingly. West Ham are targeting top four and clearly have lofty ambitions. If they believe that Dieng can help them fulfil those ambitions then they clearly rate the lad and should pay the right price.

As I've said many times before, there is little point in QPR moving to a new model of buying low and selling high if they are going to undersell their prime assets. Gems like Eze and Dieng don't come along every day. QPR have to maximise their profit on such players in order to progress as a club. That won't happen if we continue to lose players like Manning and BOS for peanuts whilst selling players like Dieng cheaply.

In any event, IMHO it's too early to sell Dieng. He recently signed a new contract until 2024 so QPR have time to develop him further and really cash in when the time is right (or better still get to the PL with Dieng in tow).
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 14:05 - Apr 12 with 2407 viewsthemodfather

dieng is the first decent goalie since Smithies left, IF we have to sell, hopefully we get a big fee and maybe re-sign smithies? lumley,kelly and ingrams were reasons we struggled imo.
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 15:03 - Apr 12 with 2350 viewsrobith

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 13:42 - Apr 12 by kensalriser

If that were true most of the division would be scrambling to sell their 6m+ keepers.

Well, I used to get savaged for saying the same about Smithies so I toned it down.

Personally if we get £6m for Dieng now, not taking to account what he may go on to do, be pretty impressive all told
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 18:04 - Apr 12 with 2288 viewsLazyFan

What's more interesting is that something I read on another site whereby I think Warbs was quoted as saying we have some good goalies at the club like Barnes and Walsh. Missing in that statement was Kelly and Lums. One would have to conjecture that they are off then, as expected.

If you tell me I can get £6m for Dieng, I would take it and buy Smithers off Cardiff (who don't play him), assuming his wages won't be too high. This will give us some money to avoid having to sell Chair and apart from age be a like for like replacement.

zzzzzzzzzz

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 20:35 - Apr 12 with 2161 viewsstainrods_elbow

'Cashing in' on Dieng at the end of this season or sometime in 2021-22 would be rank stupidity - he, his defence and this squad need to develop together, and see if it can go places. Mind you, as we know, professional football is a business first and a sport for the fans a very poor second (in fact,the latter is really the 'front' for the former), so stupidity could well carry the day and we'll be expected just to suck it up of course.

When Phil Parkes went to West Ham in 1979 for 3m in today's money, he'd been at QPR for 11 years. These days, he'd probably have been here 11 months, if not minutes!
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 20:35]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 21:05 - Apr 12 with 2083 viewsstainrods_elbow

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 18:04 - Apr 12 by LazyFan

What's more interesting is that something I read on another site whereby I think Warbs was quoted as saying we have some good goalies at the club like Barnes and Walsh. Missing in that statement was Kelly and Lums. One would have to conjecture that they are off then, as expected.

If you tell me I can get £6m for Dieng, I would take it and buy Smithers off Cardiff (who don't play him), assuming his wages won't be too high. This will give us some money to avoid having to sell Chair and apart from age be a like for like replacement.

I thank the gods you're not in charge of our transfer policy! You want to under-sell the gifted and greatly promising Dieng when he has three years left on his contract, replace him with an out of form former goalkeeper in his early 30s with little or no sell-on value, and think this little bit of wizardry will somehow seduce our CEO/board into not seeing Chair as another of our saleable assets.

What football fantasy are you living in?
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 21:06]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 21:12 - Apr 12 with 2083 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 15:03 - Apr 12 by robith

Well, I used to get savaged for saying the same about Smithies so I toned it down.

Personally if we get £6m for Dieng now, not taking to account what he may go on to do, be pretty impressive all told

I won't be impressed because I am taking into account what he will go on to do.

Balancing the books is important but not at the expense of building a competitive squad otherwise we'll be in League 1 before you know it and that £6m will count for nothing.
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 21:20 - Apr 12 with 2059 viewsDavieQPR

What a load of absolute rubbish. MSM are just making up their own stories now.
Login to get fewer ads

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 21:24 - Apr 12 with 2031 viewshantssi

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 21:20 - Apr 12 by DavieQPR

What a load of absolute rubbish. MSM are just making up their own stories now.

Welcome back Stainrod I’ve missed you 😘
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 01:24 - Apr 13 with 1949 viewsBenny_the_Ball

West Ham link dismissed by MW:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/boss-dismisses-reports-linking-west-ham-with

Prospective suitors please note the line "if any player leaves it will be for QPR’s valuation".
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 08:28 - Apr 13 with 1793 viewsblacky200

Selling Dieng now would seem to me to be a panic sell. He is under contract and could have an affect on the way the club's ambitions are viewed. As Charlie Austin said our ambitions will have a large part to play in whether he signs (and possibly other players currently on loan with us).
I think now is a good opportunity for us to draw a line and say that we want to push on next season. For the first time in years us supporters can see a chink of light at the end of a very long, dark tunnel.
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 16:02 - Apr 13 with 1698 viewsbosh67

Warburton pretty angry about this report. Said what club would approach via a newspaper and basically saying the story and £6m has come to a reporter in his dreams.

“Where does this come from? Where do these figures come from? I’m sure David Moyes and West Ham would go about their business in a far more professional manner if they had an interest in the player. The validity of that source is questionable at best, I think. Put it that way. And the bigger picture; if any player leaves it will be for QPR’s valuation. Everyone’s got a price. The best player the world has a price if you’re prepared to pay it. If any player leaves QPR it will be if the board deem it to be good value for the club.”

Pretty hard talking apart from the "if any player leaves it will be for QPR’s valuation,' bit which means that rather than £6m he'll go for a tenner and a bag of chips.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 16:22 - Apr 13 with 1643 viewsQPRSteve

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 16:02 - Apr 13 by bosh67

Warburton pretty angry about this report. Said what club would approach via a newspaper and basically saying the story and £6m has come to a reporter in his dreams.

“Where does this come from? Where do these figures come from? I’m sure David Moyes and West Ham would go about their business in a far more professional manner if they had an interest in the player. The validity of that source is questionable at best, I think. Put it that way. And the bigger picture; if any player leaves it will be for QPR’s valuation. Everyone’s got a price. The best player the world has a price if you’re prepared to pay it. If any player leaves QPR it will be if the board deem it to be good value for the club.”

Pretty hard talking apart from the "if any player leaves it will be for QPR’s valuation,' bit which means that rather than £6m he'll go for a tenner and a bag of chips.

I would like to think we would hold out for the sal and vinegar to go with the chips.
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 17:05 - Apr 13 with 1584 viewsrobith

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 13:44 - Apr 12 by Benny_the_Ball

I think you're looking at it backwards. Eze was clearly an outstanding player in a mid-table team that finished with a negative goal difference. Does that lower his valuation? Not a jot. Equally anyone with eyes in their head can see that Dieng has all the characteristics to be a top goalkeeper and he should be valued accordingly. West Ham are targeting top four and clearly have lofty ambitions. If they believe that Dieng can help them fulfil those ambitions then they clearly rate the lad and should pay the right price.

As I've said many times before, there is little point in QPR moving to a new model of buying low and selling high if they are going to undersell their prime assets. Gems like Eze and Dieng don't come along every day. QPR have to maximise their profit on such players in order to progress as a club. That won't happen if we continue to lose players like Manning and BOS for peanuts whilst selling players like Dieng cheaply.

In any event, IMHO it's too early to sell Dieng. He recently signed a new contract until 2024 so QPR have time to develop him further and really cash in when the time is right (or better still get to the PL with Dieng in tow).

Goalkeepers are undervalued vs outfield players - but when Eze went he'd played almost played 100 championship games for us, including scoring 14 goals and 8 assists in aforementioned negative goal difference team by age 21. Seny has around 150 appearances aged 26, including only 37 at championship level, and is dependant on subjective variables such as "having eyes" and your assessment of where West Ham are as a club
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 17:08]
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 17:07 - Apr 13 with 1581 viewsrobith

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 21:12 - Apr 12 by Benny_the_Ball

I won't be impressed because I am taking into account what he will go on to do.

Balancing the books is important but not at the expense of building a competitive squad otherwise we'll be in League 1 before you know it and that £6m will count for nothing.

You won't be impressed because you're taking into account something that hasn't, and indeed, may not happen?
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 16:11 - Apr 14 with 1400 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 17:07 - Apr 13 by robith

You won't be impressed because you're taking into account something that hasn't, and indeed, may not happen?

If West Ham are genuinely interested then it's already happening.
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 16:15 - Apr 14 with 1372 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 17:05 - Apr 13 by robith

Goalkeepers are undervalued vs outfield players - but when Eze went he'd played almost played 100 championship games for us, including scoring 14 goals and 8 assists in aforementioned negative goal difference team by age 21. Seny has around 150 appearances aged 26, including only 37 at championship level, and is dependant on subjective variables such as "having eyes" and your assessment of where West Ham are as a club
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 17:08]

The only variables that count are that Dieng's under contract until 2024, £6m is too low and MW has quashed the speculation. Thank goodness he has because if was up to you QPR would be selling prime assets for a can of cola and bag of sherbert.
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 16:48 - Apr 14 with 1313 viewsPinnerPaul

Wouldn't it be good if, like houses, you could get an independent valuation of your players?

Might be a bit of an eye opener, like when Mr Estate Agent tells Mr and Mrs Smith that it may have been a good idea if they had updated their kitchen at least once in the last 20 years and that no your house isn't worth anywhere near what your nice friend Mrs Jones (last moved in 1965) tells you it is!
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 17:06 - Apr 14 with 1259 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 16:22 - Apr 13 by QPRSteve

I would like to think we would hold out for the sal and vinegar to go with the chips.

Absolutely - DEFINITELY should hold out for one of those little blue bags of salt too...
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 09:54 - Apr 15 with 1121 viewsrobith

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 16:15 - Apr 14 by Benny_the_Ball

The only variables that count are that Dieng's under contract until 2024, £6m is too low and MW has quashed the speculation. Thank goodness he has because if was up to you QPR would be selling prime assets for a can of cola and bag of sherbert.

Ok babes
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 13:30 - Apr 15 with 968 viewsTGRRRSSS

I don't think it helps when Hoos tells all and sundry how expensive everything is and we're skint.

Tends to lower the value of things if people think they can get far lower price on that basis
Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 14:08 - Apr 15 with 890 viewsJeff

Dieng to Wet Spam for £6m on 13:30 - Apr 15 by TGRRRSSS

I don't think it helps when Hoos tells all and sundry how expensive everything is and we're skint.

Tends to lower the value of things if people think they can get far lower price on that basis

but the flip side is that he has to get the finger puppets out to explain why signing Austin and Johansen is simply not economically viable for QPR unless they take a drastic reduction in salary.

when we sold Eze last summer, people were drawing up a shopping list like they were 12 years old and had the argos catalogue in front of them at Christmas...

Can we not knock it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024