Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin and Field 20:26 - May 13 with 8987 viewsMaggsinho

Both on their way according to WLS.

Austin and Field on 21:06 - May 13 with 5588 viewsdaveB

I'm gonna need a bigger box of tissues
Austin and Field on 21:08 - May 13 with 5571 viewsCiderwithRsie

Also in the small print, one year extension for Wallace. All good stuff.
Austin and Field on 21:09 - May 13 with 5547 viewsLongsufferingR

Why are we leaving all our transfer activity until so late in the window?
Austin and Field on 21:10 - May 13 with 5543 viewsSuperhoops2808

Austin and Field on 21:09 - May 13 by LongsufferingR

Why are we leaving all our transfer activity until so late in the window?

Austin and Field on 21:10 - May 13 with 5540 viewsqueensparker

If we get all four loanees, would that be it for next year’s squad? Still don’t think we’ll get Johansen but if we could, plus Amos coming back, do we really need anyone else?

Maybe one of the keepers will go, if Kane goes then a right back, but this could be the quietest close season ever (and I’m all for it).
Austin and Field on 21:13 - May 13 with 5502 viewsaston_hoop

Austin and Field on 21:10 - May 13 by queensparker

If we get all four loanees, would that be it for next year’s squad? Still don’t think we’ll get Johansen but if we could, plus Amos coming back, do we really need anyone else?

Maybe one of the keepers will go, if Kane goes then a right back, but this could be the quietest close season ever (and I’m all for it).

I'd like to see us get a couple of wing-backs but maybe I'm being greedy. Dont think Niko is going to make it and don't think Kane is going to hang around with all the £13 million pound offers in for him.....

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Austin and Field on 21:17 - May 13 with 5475 viewsdmm

This would suggest the club's top honchos want to go for it next season. If they're willing to push the boat out for Austin, they'll do the same for Johansen. Exciting times.
Austin and Field on 21:23 - May 13 with 5415 viewsbarbicanranger

If this does all happen, I'd love to know how much it is stretching us or ends up stretching us... Doubt we'll ever know. It would make for an exciting season next term though particularly if the business gets done this early.
Login to get fewer ads

Austin and Field on 21:29 - May 13 with 5361 viewsVancouverHoop

Man. If we have Charlie and Dykes up front with Willock and Chair behind them we'll tear this division to pieces. Provided they all stay healthy, and the crowds are back. Big fun... seriously BIG FUN!
Austin and Field on 21:40 - May 13 with 5274 viewsjoolsyp

JoJo is the big one for me, and the least likely of the 4. If we can't do a deal with Fulham then it can't be impossible to find someone of his quality, can it? Perhaps a little rawer but potentially younger with some sell-on value? I suppose Mowatt would have been the obvious candidate before Barnsley became bloody world beaters.
Austin and Field on 21:59 - May 13 with 5173 viewsHastings_Hoops

Austin and Field on 21:23 - May 13 by barbicanranger

If this does all happen, I'd love to know how much it is stretching us or ends up stretching us... Doubt we'll ever know. It would make for an exciting season next term though particularly if the business gets done this early.

It’s interesting - can be a number of ways of skimming it without breaking the £10k/week structure...
1) £10k/week pay and a massive promotion bonus?
2) Very long contract at £10k/week to remain within the structure and allow us to pay him off at the end of this financial year while FFP is relaxed - avoid it rocking the boat with the pay structure or contaminating next years accounts if we don’t go up and FFP is reinstated.
...just a couple of thoughts.
Austin and Field on 22:00 - May 13 with 5160 viewsAntti_Heinola

Austin and Field on 21:13 - May 13 by aston_hoop

I'd like to see us get a couple of wing-backs but maybe I'm being greedy. Dont think Niko is going to make it and don't think Kane is going to hang around with all the £13 million pound offers in for him.....

I'd be surprised if we don't sign at least one wing back, possibly two. I think Kane will leave, and I think Warbs may want someone better than Niko if he can. Could well be loans.

Bare bones.

Austin and Field on 22:06 - May 13 with 5122 viewsbarbicanranger

Austin and Field on 21:59 - May 13 by Hastings_Hoops

It’s interesting - can be a number of ways of skimming it without breaking the £10k/week structure...
1) £10k/week pay and a massive promotion bonus?
2) Very long contract at £10k/week to remain within the structure and allow us to pay him off at the end of this financial year while FFP is relaxed - avoid it rocking the boat with the pay structure or contaminating next years accounts if we don’t go up and FFP is reinstated.
...just a couple of thoughts.

Yeah, it's not beyond the realms to think that it could fit into the structure / there be workarounds. Just fear being back at square one albeit I think these would be very calculated additions.
Austin and Field on 22:09 - May 13 with 5091 viewsVancouverHoop

An Austin deal might include the guarantee of a segue into coaching/management.
Austin and Field on 22:16 - May 13 with 5033 viewsVancouverHoop

Austin and Field on 21:40 - May 13 by joolsyp

JoJo is the big one for me, and the least likely of the 4. If we can't do a deal with Fulham then it can't be impossible to find someone of his quality, can it? Perhaps a little rawer but potentially younger with some sell-on value? I suppose Mowatt would have been the obvious candidate before Barnsley became bloody world beaters.

Even if he doesn't go back to Fulham there'll be other suitors. Amos would be the younger replacement, and he's already ours. Him and/or Carroll with Field would be better than decent, if not up to StefJo standard.
Austin and Field on 22:17 - May 13 with 5030 viewsdanehoop

Austin and Field on 22:09 - May 13 by VancouverHoop

Wouldn't be worst thing in the world for us, judging by the impact he has had on Dykes and the forward line. What I was really impressed with in the most recent video was how self aware he was of his own and others development. More articulate perhaps than I'd previously allowed myself to believe, but very clear that he thinks about the game a lot. Clearly hugely respected and well liked. Could be a really good move for player and club if that was the structure of any deal.

Never knowingly understood

Austin and Field on 22:21 - May 13 with 4993 viewscolinallcars

Austin and Field on 21:06 - May 13 by daveB

I'm gonna need a bigger box of tissues

I need a box of three ply tissues
To deal with my Queen's Park Rangers issues

Well, I tried.
Austin and Field on 22:23 - May 13 with 4976 viewsVancouverHoop

Austin and Field on 22:17 - May 13 by danehoop

Wouldn't be worst thing in the world for us, judging by the impact he has had on Dykes and the forward line. What I was really impressed with in the most recent video was how self aware he was of his own and others development. More articulate perhaps than I'd previously allowed myself to believe, but very clear that he thinks about the game a lot. Clearly hugely respected and well liked. Could be a really good move for player and club if that was the structure of any deal.

Yeah, that was my take too. He'd possibly make a decent assistant for Les. Played a similar position, has a similar pedigree. Neither had an easy ride to the top. Both gained a wealth of experience on the way.
Austin and Field on 22:35 - May 13 with 4914 viewsbosh67

Austin and Field on 22:09 - May 13 by VancouverHoop

I believe it involves use of Mark Warburton's swivel chair at weekends and his wife's recipe for lemon meringue.

(you have to be a certain age to get this) :)

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Austin and Field on 22:39 - May 13 with 4882 viewsRog

Austin and Field on 22:16 - May 13 by VancouverHoop

Even if he doesn't go back to Fulham there'll be other suitors. Amos would be the younger replacement, and he's already ours. Him and/or Carroll with Field would be better than decent, if not up to StefJo standard.

He's already said he wants to stay in London. (kid's schooling?) I think that makes it most likely to be Fulham or us.
Austin and Field on 23:26 - May 13 with 4697 viewsVancouverHoop

Austin and Field on 22:39 - May 13 by Rog

He's already said he wants to stay in London. (kid's schooling?) I think that makes it most likely to be Fulham or us.

Yeah but didn't we hear something similar from Bristol City's current striker last season? If someone waves a big enough contract the kids interests suddenly become less important.
Austin and Field on 00:06 - May 14 with 4581 viewsqueensparker

Austin and Field on 21:40 - May 13 by joolsyp

An experienced deep-lying centre mid, who has a few seasons under his belt in a leading European team, few goals in him, who might be interested in coming to QPR you say?

Austin and Field on 02:18 - May 14 with 4458 viewsstrikerace

3rd in the Championship with these 4. Why not keep them and go for it? Keeping them is a great off season
Austin and Field on 06:19 - May 14 with 4297 viewsjohnhoop

Austin and Field on 22:00 - May 13 by Antti_Heinola

I'd be surprised if we don't sign at least one wing back, possibly two. I think Kane will leave, and I think Warbs may want someone better than Niko if he can. Could well be loans.

Someone like Kyle Walker?
Austin and Field on 06:42 - May 14 with 4257 viewsNorthernr

I’m scared.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024