Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still huge queues outside ground 15:13 - Aug 7 with 14697 viewsMancR

Just had a picture sent. Mate stuck in long queue, he reckons will be nearly half time before they get in- rubbish situation
Still huge queues outside ground on 15:20 - Aug 7 with 7159 viewsCLAREMAN1995

That is inexcusable and I feel horrible for the fans trying to get in while the fcuking game is going on ,it makes it more frustrating and kills the mood and excitment for our first game.
The club knew it was going to be a kluster fcuk they should have put measures in place to ease the situation
Still huge queues outside ground on 15:24 - Aug 7 with 7134 viewsngbqpr

Should've delayed ko.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Still huge queues outside ground on 15:28 - Aug 7 with 7081 viewsMick_S

From what I can gather on Sky, the School End looks well populated. I’m a bit confused.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Still huge queues outside ground on 15:36 - Aug 7 with 7010 viewspaulparker

This happened last week against Leicester
People were stuck outside because the scanner only recognised one bar code
You had the situation of kids being separated from there fathers
The stupid ugly blonde steward in the ER just shrugged her shoulders and said she couldn’t do anything and didn’t really give two sh1ts
Proper Sh1t show and no surprise it happened today , the club has had ages to get it right but haven’t and those locked out should get there money back ( I bet they don’t )

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Still huge queues outside ground on 15:58 - Aug 7 with 6894 viewsMick_S

Still huge queues outside ground on 15:24 - Aug 7 by ngbqpr

Should've delayed ko.

A few have been delayed this afternoon. Perhaps the opposition may have influenced the decision not to?

Still huge queues outside ground on 16:01 - Aug 7 with 6868 viewssaxbend

Happens every time we play Millwall or Cardiff at home. Yes I understand fans want to get one more pint inside them during the last twenty mins before kickoff rather than spend it getting to their seats and taking in the atmosphere, but when you have thousands of fans trying to get in during the same five minute period, while police and stewards are adding extra complications to minimise trouble from the away fans, it's inevitable that what will give is how much of the first half you get to see.

Meanwhile those of us inside had our views obscured by streams of fans coming in late.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 16:02]
Still huge queues outside ground on 16:02 - Aug 7 with 6855 viewsdistortR

Still huge queues outside ground on 16:01 - Aug 7 by saxbend

Happens every time we play Millwall or Cardiff at home. Yes I understand fans want to get one more pint inside them during the last twenty mins before kickoff rather than spend it getting to their seats and taking in the atmosphere, but when you have thousands of fans trying to get in during the same five minute period, while police and stewards are adding extra complications to minimise trouble from the away fans, it's inevitable that what will give is how much of the first half you get to see.

Meanwhile those of us inside had our views obscured by streams of fans coming in late.

you don't think it's been hugely exacerbated by e-ticketing?
Still huge queues outside ground on 16:04 - Aug 7 with 6839 viewssaxbend

Honestly I don't. Lower loft has had e-ticketing for a while. And it's actually quicker than humans scanning the codes. And the longer you're queuing the more time you have to get your ticket out. But really it's nothing that hasn't happened before with too many fans leaving it too late to head to the ground.
Login to get fewer ads

Still huge queues outside ground on 16:24 - Aug 7 with 6719 viewspaulparker

Still huge queues outside ground on 16:01 - Aug 7 by saxbend

Rubbish It’s on the club
It’s got nothing to do with getting pints in
I live in the East Midlands and last week I was stuck on the M1& M25 , there was no circle or district line either so I managed to get to the ground at 2.55 where the ER was a shambles and kids got separated from their parents , you had stewards just standing around not knowing what to do
The club had another week to prepare for this
I said to my partner whose ticket allowed her in but not me that this would happen against Millwall
And lo and behold it has
Many fans were saying last week that they wouldn’t go again because of this and if this keeps up I can see a lot of people knocking it on the head

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Still huge queues outside ground on 16:28 - Aug 7 with 6697 viewsTGRRRSSS

You would think Post Lockdowns the last thing the club want to do is find a way to alienate people, but and this is on the club, and in particular it's on Lee Hoos.

There was nothing wrong with how they did things before.

What a debacle.
Still huge queues outside ground on 16:30 - Aug 7 with 6693 viewsMatch82

Still huge queues outside ground on 16:04 - Aug 7 by saxbend

Honestly I don't. Lower loft has had e-ticketing for a while. And it's actually quicker than humans scanning the codes. And the longer you're queuing the more time you have to get your ticket out. But really it's nothing that hasn't happened before with too many fans leaving it too late to head to the ground.

Bit sweeping as a generalization that. Out of practice perhaps but most of the crowd has been doing this for decades and knows exactly how long it takes to get in.
Sample size of one, but my dad, who is retired and goes up on his own so not exactly pounding a few pints with the boys, sent me a photo at 240 with a picture of the queue he was in. Got to his seat at 315.

Sounds like a complete mess today
Still huge queues outside ground on 17:04 - Aug 7 with 6519 viewssaxbend

So that's one person's quoting 2:55, another 2:40. That is leaving it late, especially for the first game after a long absence and especially against Millwall.
Still huge queues outside ground on 17:06 - Aug 7 with 6489 viewspaulparker

Still huge queues outside ground on 17:04 - Aug 7 by saxbend

So that's one person's quoting 2:55, another 2:40. That is leaving it late, especially for the first game after a long absence and especially against Millwall.

Your right we should all be in our seats by 1.30 because QPR can’t run a ticket system properly

Still huge queues outside ground on 17:07 - Aug 7 with 6485 viewsdistortR

Still huge queues outside ground on 17:04 - Aug 7 by saxbend

2.40 hardly constitutes as 'leaving it late'.
After a long absence, people might be quite up for seeing mates as well as Rangers?
Still huge queues outside ground on 17:16 - Aug 7 with 6422 viewsDiscodroids

Still huge queues outside ground on 16:24 - Aug 7 by paulparker

Rubbish It’s on the club
It’s got nothing to do with getting pints in
I live in the East Midlands and last week I was stuck on the M1& M25 , there was no circle or district line either so I managed to get to the ground at 2.55 where the ER was a shambles and kids got separated from their parents , you had stewards just standing around not knowing what to do
The club had another week to prepare for this
I said to my partner whose ticket allowed her in but not me that this would happen against Millwall
And lo and behold it has
Many fans were saying last week that they wouldn’t go again because of this and if this keeps up I can see a lot of people knocking it on the head

'abuse reported'

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Still huge queues outside ground on 17:20 - Aug 7 with 6406 viewssaxbend

Normally no, but against Millwall, absolutely it is.
Still huge queues outside ground on 17:20 - Aug 7 with 6397 viewsdistortR

Still huge queues outside ground on 17:20 - Aug 7 by saxbend

Normally no, but against Millwall, absolutely it is.

we'll agree to disagree
Still huge queues outside ground on 17:29 - Aug 7 with 6326 viewspaulparker

Still huge queues outside ground on 17:16 - Aug 7 by Discodroids

'abuse reported'

About sums this place up , I haven’t posted for months but after last weeks mess up from the club
I thought a few posts would have highlighted the incidents which happened today
Big mistake from me replying to a post from a condescending poster who thinks QPR fans having a pint is a serves you right for being locked out
LFW As about as entertaining as having a vasectomy

Addios

Still huge queues outside ground on 17:35 - Aug 7 with 6277 viewsMick_S

Well done pp. Two abuse reports in around an hour, that’s a great start to the season.

Don’t let it bother you. Carry on, mate.

Still huge queues outside ground on 17:35 - Aug 7 with 6276 viewsAntti_Heinola

Still huge queues outside ground on 17:20 - Aug 7 by distortR

we'll agree to disagree

Got to SA road about same time as Clive, 2.35-2.40. Usually you’d be straight in at that time, but lots had obviously sensibly decided to get in earlier, and took maybe 10 mins to get in.
Some people were getting ‘declined’ signs, and that caused some delays, but most seemed to get through ok. Strwards calmly doing a decent job from what i could see and their looks didn’t come i to it.
Didnt seem to be a huge difference between crowd at ko and at 3.15 to be honest, but undoubtedly there are teething problems. Hopefully they’ll be ironed out. Suspect this won’t be an issue by september and forgotten by october.

Bare bones.

Still huge queues outside ground on 17:38 - Aug 7 with 6245 viewsDiscodroids

Still huge queues outside ground on 17:29 - Aug 7 by paulparker

About sums this place up , I haven’t posted for months but after last weeks mess up from the club
I thought a few posts would have highlighted the incidents which happened today
Big mistake from me replying to a post from a condescending poster who thinks QPR fans having a pint is a serves you right for being locked out
LFW As about as entertaining as having a vasectomy

Addios

I'm sorry but i've had to report you for abuse.

Any football fan worth his Bovril and bag of percy dalton monkey nuts Should have been in their seat for 11am with Kendall Mint cake, a rattle , Shoot magazine football ladder and Football league Alamanac 1889 -2021 for computation and discussion with fellow fans during hiatus in play.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 17:38]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Still huge queues outside ground on 17:40 - Aug 7 with 6231 views1MoreBrightonR

Massive over reaction here. We are all acting like the club are rolling out some crazy technology never tested anywhere. It's just a QR code. They are used at concert's, trains tickets and boarding passes all over, for years.

We arrived at 2.30. Long line which moved fast. A few people had issues but we were in within ten minutes. One of our tickets was a screen shot forwarded on WhatsApp and worked fine.

I'm not saying it was smooth for all, but let's not pretend the club are rolling out some crazy technology and it was chaos.
Still huge queues outside ground on 17:45 - Aug 7 with 6194 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I think these sort of things are to be expected when instituting a new procedure on a day when there would be loads of people coming to the stadium for the first time in 18 months, preseason aside.

Club did give warnings to arrive earlier than usual, and yes the transition probably could have been test ran a few more times by operations, but it sounds like growing pains to me.

If there are still issues midway through the season then that’s another story…
Still huge queues outside ground on 17:46 - Aug 7 with 6186 viewstoboboly

https://mobile.twitter.com/Dan15Jeffries/status/1424008971912896517

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Still huge queues outside ground on 17:47 - Aug 7 with 6173 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I got there at 14:35ish and was in my seat in SA Road by 14:45ish.

I could see the queues getting busier though in that period. I guess I got lucky.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 17:49]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024