Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 07:10 - Aug 29 with 28552 viewsdmm

It's been mentioned a few times but I do hope Dykes game changing cameo and goal yesterday finally silences his remaining critics.

Yes, he came on late and played against a tiring opposition, but his goal - 3rd of the season - showed great skill and owed nothing to Coventry's tired defence.

He may not be the complete goal scoring striker, but what he has got is plenty good enough for us.
Lyndon Dykes on 18:26 - Sep 9 with 2106 viewsWatfordR

Lyndon Dykes on 18:18 - Sep 9 by gazza1

There appears to be a problem having an opinion, don't you think??......of course, my opinions are proper valued otherwise I would not post it!!!

Everyone has a right to an opinion. Whether there's any value to your opinion is for others to determine. Not you.
Lyndon Dykes on 18:27 - Sep 9 with 2087 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 18:26 - Sep 9 by WatfordR

Everyone has a right to an opinion. Whether there's any value to your opinion is for others to determine. Not you.

No, not in my opinion. If I say it is valued, then it is valued - right?
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 18:32]
Lyndon Dykes on 18:35 - Sep 9 with 2072 viewsQPR_Jim

Any news on his injury?
Lyndon Dykes on 18:35 - Sep 9 with 2069 viewsW7Ranger

Lyndon Dykes on 17:58 - Sep 9 by gazza1

Absolute nonsense stuff about Wallace, he was written off by people like you before he even played for QPR.

Wallace has always been decent and now people are understanding just how good he is - massive part of the squad, team, on and off the pitch!!!

The same goes regarding Furlong as well, never as bad as many thought, his Chelsea background was the main reason so many wanted to slag him off - sad individuals imo. Good lad Furlong.

Like it or not, say what you want, the jury is still out on Dykes.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 17:59]

People like me???

Written off before he'd even played for QPR???

Would love to see some evidence of that one cos you are so far off the mark it's laughable!! I had no opinion on Wallace because I'd never seen him play before coming to QPR.

For you to say Wallace has ALWAYS been decent whilst you continue to criticise/doubt Dykes is hypocritical beyond belief!!!

The experienced thrity something Wallace struggled for 18 months until the Warbs switched formation, that is a fact.
The experienced thirty something Furlong struggled for nearly a whole season before finding his feet and turning the doubters around.
The inexperienced 24 year old Dykes struggled for 4-5 months before starting to hit form and his confidence continues to grow, and he's still young enough to improve even more. Currently in fantastic form.

So why do you treat Dykes so harshly in comparison to Wallace and Furlong?
Lyndon Dykes on 18:37 - Sep 9 with 2066 viewsdmm

Lyndon Dykes on 18:27 - Sep 9 by gazza1

No, not in my opinion. If I say it is valued, then it is valued - right?
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 18:32]

Of course you have every right to have an opinion, even if you're the only one that holds it.

However, if no one agrees with you, it simply isn't valued because value must be deemed by others, otherwise you'd be judge and jury of your own opinion.

And while we're talking 'judge and jury', the jury isn't still out. As you'll have seen on this thread alone, the jury of the vast majority of fans has given a positive judgement on Dykes.
Lyndon Dykes on 18:44 - Sep 9 with 2037 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He's a WUM lads and it's working.
Lyndon Dykes on 18:48 - Sep 9 with 2018 viewsdmm

Lyndon Dykes on 18:44 - Sep 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

He's a WUM lads and it's working.

Yeah but it's quite fun, no?
Lyndon Dykes on 18:53 - Sep 9 with 1994 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 18:35 - Sep 9 by W7Ranger

People like me???

Written off before he'd even played for QPR???

Would love to see some evidence of that one cos you are so far off the mark it's laughable!! I had no opinion on Wallace because I'd never seen him play before coming to QPR.

For you to say Wallace has ALWAYS been decent whilst you continue to criticise/doubt Dykes is hypocritical beyond belief!!!

The experienced thrity something Wallace struggled for 18 months until the Warbs switched formation, that is a fact.
The experienced thirty something Furlong struggled for nearly a whole season before finding his feet and turning the doubters around.
The inexperienced 24 year old Dykes struggled for 4-5 months before starting to hit form and his confidence continues to grow, and he's still young enough to improve even more. Currently in fantastic form.

So why do you treat Dykes so harshly in comparison to Wallace and Furlong?

Wont talk about the other players on this thread (Should not of in the first place although I am right about them) but as for Dykes.....

I do not think that I am treating him harshly, it is a opinion - I have not 'slagged' him just think he is pretty limited and that he is OK, no more and no less. Nowhere near being a 'very good player'. Whether he will get better, I don't know and, hence, the jury is out.
Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 18:54 - Sep 9 with 1990 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 18:48 - Sep 9 by dmm

Baz does not know what fun is!!!!! Haven't you read some of his posts!!!....I have!!!!

And by the way, I don't really care what most of these posters say....I have my opinion and I think it is valued!!!!
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 18:55]
Lyndon Dykes on 18:55 - Sep 9 with 1994 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lyndon Dykes on 18:48 - Sep 9 by dmm

Ah, the Winedee becomes the Wineder. I like it.
Lyndon Dykes on 18:59 - Sep 9 with 1973 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 18:55 - Sep 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ah, the Winedee becomes the Wineder. I like it.

You like stats Baz....have a look at Dykes stats on his performances this season which are all on this very website. He lays 14th or 15th currently, yes 14 or 15 players have played better than Dykes this season!!! Any thoughts??
Lyndon Dykes on 19:07 - Sep 9 with 1955 viewsdmm

Lyndon Dykes on 18:54 - Sep 9 by gazza1

Baz does not know what fun is!!!!! Haven't you read some of his posts!!!....I have!!!!

And by the way, I don't really care what most of these posters say....I have my opinion and I think it is valued!!!!
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 18:55]

That's not how value works. To stick with football, I've read that Warburton values Dieng at £12m. However, if no one else values Dieng at £12m Warburton's opinion counts for nothing and consequently no one would meet his valuation. Warburton can believe what he likes, but if no one agrees with him, his opinion is valueless.

That's how it works with everyone's opinion including yours.
Lyndon Dykes on 19:10 - Sep 9 with 1939 viewskensalriser

Lyndon Dykes on 18:59 - Sep 9 by gazza1

You like stats Baz....have a look at Dykes stats on his performances this season which are all on this very website. He lays 14th or 15th currently, yes 14 or 15 players have played better than Dykes this season!!! Any thoughts??

Austin is 22nd.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Lyndon Dykes on 19:13 - Sep 9 with 1916 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 19:10 - Sep 9 by kensalriser

Austin is 22nd.

Yea, he hasn't played that well this season but lets not move off why Dykes is under a 6 rating....after all we are talking Dykes here.
Lyndon Dykes on 19:17 - Sep 9 with 1903 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 19:07 - Sep 9 by dmm

That's not how value works. To stick with football, I've read that Warburton values Dieng at £12m. However, if no one else values Dieng at £12m Warburton's opinion counts for nothing and consequently no one would meet his valuation. Warburton can believe what he likes, but if no one agrees with him, his opinion is valueless.

That's how it works with everyone's opinion including yours.

Come on give me a break....surely you think my opinion is valued DMM.
Lyndon Dykes on 19:37 - Sep 9 with 1872 viewsnix

Lyndon Dykes on 19:13 - Sep 9 by gazza1

Yea, he hasn't played that well this season but lets not move off why Dykes is under a 6 rating....after all we are talking Dykes here.

If you're talking stats, he's got the only 100% shot accuracy of the top twenty championship goal scorers. He's got the joint second best goal conversion record and the second highest goals per minute in the Championship.

That was with a chest infection that he played with for a couple of matches.

Obviously he's in a hot run of form, and no one can keep that up all season but I don't get why anyone is choosing now to downplay his contribution.

As for the valued, I thought you accidentally put valued instead of valid, that's the only thing that made any sense at all.
Lyndon Dykes on 19:41 - Sep 9 with 1864 viewsW7Ranger

Lyndon Dykes on 19:37 - Sep 9 by nix

If you're talking stats, he's got the only 100% shot accuracy of the top twenty championship goal scorers. He's got the joint second best goal conversion record and the second highest goals per minute in the Championship.

That was with a chest infection that he played with for a couple of matches.

Obviously he's in a hot run of form, and no one can keep that up all season but I don't get why anyone is choosing now to downplay his contribution.

As for the valued, I thought you accidentally put valued instead of valid, that's the only thing that made any sense at all.

Only joint 2nd?! Booooooooooo
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 20:18]
Lyndon Dykes on 19:46 - Sep 9 with 1854 viewsdmm

Lyndon Dykes on 19:17 - Sep 9 by gazza1

Come on give me a break....surely you think my opinion is valued DMM.

Your opinion is valued by those who agree with you. On this issue, I don't agree with you and so don't value your opinon. I'm sure there would be many other issues on which I would agree with you, but not this one.
Lyndon Dykes on 19:50 - Sep 9 with 1846 viewsSuperhoops2808

Lyndon Dykes on 18:37 - Sep 9 by dmm

Of course you have every right to have an opinion, even if you're the only one that holds it.

However, if no one agrees with you, it simply isn't valued because value must be deemed by others, otherwise you'd be judge and jury of your own opinion.

And while we're talking 'judge and jury', the jury isn't still out. As you'll have seen on this thread alone, the jury of the vast majority of fans has given a positive judgement on Dykes.

His mate Tim the cock values his opinion
Lyndon Dykes on 22:51 - Sep 9 with 1655 viewskensalriser

Lyndon Dykes on 19:13 - Sep 9 by gazza1

We are - and the stat you pointed to says Dykes is our highest performing striker.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Lyndon Dykes on 23:39 - Sep 9 with 1591 viewsLoftgirl

Lyndon Dykes on 18:59 - Sep 8 by CiderwithRsie

Funnily enough I've never really thought of Ferdinand as a back-to-goal striker because although he was excellent at it he was even better facing, due to his speed, power (and accuracy) of shot and header, and the difficulty of knocking him off the ball.

Others have been more tricky or exciting, and Clive Allen was the master poacher, but as an all-round striker I've never seen better than Sir Les.

(The Bloke Behind Me used to slag him off every week as lazy. Ho hum.)

Was it gazza1?
Lyndon Dykes on 08:25 - Sep 10 with 1438 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 23:39 - Sep 9 by Loftgirl

Was it gazza1?

Certainly not....wrong again.

I do not 'slag' QPR players, or very, very rarely, if ever. I am not 'slagging' Dykes whatsoever, I have a lot of respect for him and cheer whenever he does well - I just want to cheer a lot more than I do but sadly posters do not see that.

Many think that he is a 'very good' player, many think he controls the ball well, many think he makes good runs, many thinks he does 'this and that'.....I think he does OK, I do not think he is anywhere near 'very good'.

I am unsure if he will get much better, hence I thnk the 'jury is out'.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 8:31]
Lyndon Dykes on 08:34 - Sep 10 with 1422 viewsBazzeR

Would anybody be surprised if Andre Gray hits 15 to 20 goals this year,I wouldn’t.

The reason I say that is because the team is primarily set up to score goals,Hugill proved that.

I am of the same opinion as Gazza Dykes is ok but nothing special at this time.
Lyndon Dykes on 08:46 - Sep 10 with 1399 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 08:34 - Sep 10 by BazzeR

Would anybody be surprised if Andre Gray hits 15 to 20 goals this year,I wouldn’t.

The reason I say that is because the team is primarily set up to score goals,Hugill proved that.

I am of the same opinion as Gazza Dykes is ok but nothing special at this time.

Hugill was another who was limited but done OK.......I am very interested how Gray will go for us. He may well give us another good option 'up front'.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:26 - Sep 10 with 1329 viewsW7Ranger

Based on Gray's age/experience/transfer value in comparison to Dykes, he should considerably better than Dykes and rip this league apart no?
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 14:24]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024