Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 07:10 - Aug 29 with 28827 viewsdmm

It's been mentioned a few times but I do hope Dykes game changing cameo and goal yesterday finally silences his remaining critics.

Yes, he came on late and played against a tiring opposition, but his goal - 3rd of the season - showed great skill and owed nothing to Coventry's tired defence.

He may not be the complete goal scoring striker, but what he has got is plenty good enough for us.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:47 - Sep 10 with 3473 viewsHastings_Hoops

Lyndon Dykes on 08:34 - Sep 10 by BazzeR

Would anybody be surprised if Andre Gray hits 15 to 20 goals this year,I wouldn’t.

The reason I say that is because the team is primarily set up to score goals,Hugill proved that.

I am of the same opinion as Gazza Dykes is ok but nothing special at this time.

This is the great thing about warbs-ball… it does create a very good shop window for attacking players… Wells hasn’t been the same since. Hughil has returned to his norm. It’s great to have Dykes as our asset in the shop window - sell him for decent money and bring Kelman into the shop front.

…the flip side of the above comment is that of the defence is holding its own while playing warbs-ball, that similarly will get noticed.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:56 - Sep 10 with 3430 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 19:13 - Sep 9 by gazza1

Yea, he hasn't played that well this season but lets not move off why Dykes is under a 6 rating....after all we are talking Dykes here.

I don't go all in for stats as when you look at say Chair's actual stats and compare to say his LfW Match report ratings, you'd think something's not lining up.

Being a fan, you always have your favourite players and imo I think certain players can be under-scored in match reports and I've posted before on this where I think Dykes whole round game has been under-recognised and under-scored.

Fans see different things, especially those who attend the other 50% of our games away from Loftus Road, and its hard to watch all 11 players and score them accurately over 90 minutes.

That said, if Dykes can score 15 goals from open play and create say 10 proper assists, I think we'll be all be pleased and focusing on those stats rather than his LfW match scores.
Lyndon Dykes on 11:04 - Sep 10 with 3408 viewsdmm

Lyndon Dykes on 10:26 - Sep 10 by W7Ranger

Based on Gray's age/experience/transfer value in comparison to Dykes, he should considerably better than Dykes and rip this league apart no?
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 14:24]

You would hope so but the last time he ripped it up was 5 years ago for Burnley in the Championship. Since then he's not been great at all.

But with Warburton and our coaching team working with him I think there's a good chance he can regain some form and, at very least, make a decent contribution to the team.
Lyndon Dykes on 16:03 - Sep 10 with 3236 viewsPinnerPaul

Lyndon Dykes on 18:02 - Sep 9 by gazza1

Dont be sorry Pinner......not a problem.

I chose not to watch him play for Scotland, not interested in them - be glad when Scotland leave the UK!!

As I said, and I will say it again, I see enough of him in a hooped shirt to be able to have a valued opinion.

Funnily enough Mr W has quoted his recent stats on the offy and called him a valued player at club and international level!

Doesn't sound like he will be starting tomorrow though.
Lyndon Dykes on 08:50 - Sep 11 with 3035 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 10:26 - Sep 10 by W7Ranger

Based on Gray's age/experience/transfer value in comparison to Dykes, he should considerably better than Dykes and rip this league apart no?
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 14:24]

You are correct ....'No'.
Lyndon Dykes on 08:55 - Sep 11 with 3028 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 16:03 - Sep 10 by PinnerPaul

Funnily enough Mr W has quoted his recent stats on the offy and called him a valued player at club and international level!

Doesn't sound like he will be starting tomorrow though.

Is MW allowed to call him a 'valued' player!!!!!

Bottom line is that MW is not going to say anything negative about any of his players, more lots of positive stuff. Not seen him being 'rough' to any of our players but he has 'slung' a few out without being negative, the latest being Kane but there have been others before him.

If CA & Gray are fully fit then it will be tough for Dykes to get a starting place and what with his Scotland jaunt then the best he can expect is a bench 'jobbie'.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 9:58]
Lyndon Dykes on 07:53 - Oct 3 with 2765 viewsdmm

I make no apology for resurrecting this thread. Our Scotstralian was rightly MotM yesterday. Whoscored rated him 8.9 and he's in their Championship team of the week. His all round play was excellent and should have come away with a brace of goals.

Those who criticise him should help themselves to a large helping of humble pie with a cherry on top.

I repeat, with greater emphasis now, what he has got is plenty good enough for us.
Lyndon Dykes on 08:17 - Oct 3 with 2668 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 07:53 - Oct 3 by dmm

I make no apology for resurrecting this thread. Our Scotstralian was rightly MotM yesterday. Whoscored rated him 8.9 and he's in their Championship team of the week. His all round play was excellent and should have come away with a brace of goals.

Those who criticise him should help themselves to a large helping of humble pie with a cherry on top.

I repeat, with greater emphasis now, what he has got is plenty good enough for us.

LD is not above criticism.....without doubt or question he has played badly on numerous occasions this season - left a lot to be desired.

However, he has improved his performances generally and looked a better player. I look forward to the continued improvements. As for MoM yesterday, he will not be getting my vote.
Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 08:28 - Oct 3 with 2641 viewstraininvain

Lyndon Dykes on 07:53 - Oct 3 by dmm

His disallowed headed goal reminded me of Robin Van Persie. Not saying he’s anywhere near the same level but he’s improving all the time and much better than some on here give him credit.
Lyndon Dykes on 08:38 - Oct 3 with 2608 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 10:56 - Sep 10 by ParkRoyalR

I don't go all in for stats as when you look at say Chair's actual stats and compare to say his LfW Match report ratings, you'd think something's not lining up.

Being a fan, you always have your favourite players and imo I think certain players can be under-scored in match reports and I've posted before on this where I think Dykes whole round game has been under-recognised and under-scored.

Fans see different things, especially those who attend the other 50% of our games away from Loftus Road, and its hard to watch all 11 players and score them accurately over 90 minutes.

That said, if Dykes can score 15 goals from open play and create say 10 proper assists, I think we'll be all be pleased and focusing on those stats rather than his LfW match scores.

Here you go DMM....

i'm not one obsessed with being right + actually loved to be proved wrong when I ever critique an R's player.

I've been critical of Chair's end product + stats (Jobi McAnuff was similar on Quest after Birmingham game saying 'he's a great player but needs to improve his stats')

But his run + pass for the 1st goal yesterday, pin-point free+kick for the 2nd and finish for the 3rd reflects the level of technical ability + desire we know he has - absolutely superb and a MOTM 9 for me!

Just a suggestion we might have had our 1st ever Joint MOTM?

If Dykes thunderbastard had not been incorrectly ruled out, that was a 9 in itself, plus I was in line for that header on the deck and he knew the defenders boot was coming + just took one for team brave as!

Double helpings of humble pie this weekend, lovely!
Lyndon Dykes on 08:48 - Oct 3 with 2567 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 08:38 - Oct 3 by ParkRoyalR

Here you go DMM....

i'm not one obsessed with being right + actually loved to be proved wrong when I ever critique an R's player.

I've been critical of Chair's end product + stats (Jobi McAnuff was similar on Quest after Birmingham game saying 'he's a great player but needs to improve his stats')

But his run + pass for the 1st goal yesterday, pin-point free+kick for the 2nd and finish for the 3rd reflects the level of technical ability + desire we know he has - absolutely superb and a MOTM 9 for me!

If Dykes thunderbastard had not been incorrectly ruled out, that was a 9 in itself, plus I was in line for that header on the deck and he knew the defenders boot was coming + just took one for team brave as!

Double helpings of humble pie this weekend, lovely! .....What is that all about.

Cannot posters have their view?? If you or anyone else think that LD performances have been decent this season then they and you have not got a clue about the level of football that they are dealing with. LD has been overall poor, thankfully that has improved but he still has a way to go in order that he can win over many supporters and poster on this MB.

Humble Pie ....rubbish (aagain)
Lyndon Dykes on 08:49 - Oct 3 with 2576 viewsdmm

Lyndon Dykes on 08:38 - Oct 3 by ParkRoyalR

Here you go DMM....

Well played ParkRoyalR!
Lyndon Dykes on 08:50 - Oct 3 with 2559 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 08:49 - Oct 3 by dmm

Well played ParkRoyalR!

At least he has got one supporter!!!!
Lyndon Dykes on 09:00 - Oct 3 with 2529 viewstraininvain

Lyndon Dykes on 08:48 - Oct 3 by gazza1

Double helpings of humble pie this weekend, lovely! .....What is that all about.

Cannot posters have their view?? If you or anyone else think that LD performances have been decent this season then they and you have not got a clue about the level of football that they are dealing with. LD has been overall poor, thankfully that has improved but he still has a way to go in order that he can win over many supporters and poster on this MB.

Humble Pie ....rubbish (aagain)

Probably depends on your expectations. We can’t afford to spend £10m on a proven striker at this level. We need to find unpolished gems and improve them which takes time.

So we sign Dykes from the Scottish league and it’ll take time for him to adapt but I’d say there’s plenty of reason to be positive about the improvements we’ve seen in his overall game since a patchy start last season.

And his record in the second half of last season and so far this season is good. 4 goals and 2 assists in 9 games so far this season. Well on his way to scoring 15+ goals in his second season at this level.

That doesn’t take into account moments like putting his head on the line yesterday for Chair’s winner.

I don’t think anyone’s suggesting that Dykes is the finished article but I’d say it’s harsh to describe his overall performances as poor.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 9:02]
Lyndon Dykes on 09:22 - Oct 3 with 2469 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 08:50 - Oct 3 by gazza1

At least he has got one supporter!!!!

Haha, wrong again Gaz, you're on some run!

Double helpings, meant a portion for you / Lyndon and one for me / Chair, as in a joke, you know sense of humour, if life's not good after yesterday, well....
Lyndon Dykes on 09:24 - Oct 3 with 2457 viewsnix

I really enjoyed watching Lyndon yesterday.

He just seemed to be having the best time, which is what you want from your players. I think he's working hard to get an understanding with Gray as well, calling for him to make a run he could pass onto a couple of times.

Incidentally he also made three interceptions and blocked two shots while defending for us. Not bad for your striker.

The only disappointment is that he'll probably come back knackered from the international break. Fortunately it's only two matches rather than the absurd three this time and one is against the Faroe Islands, so hopefully they'll knock a few in early on and he can back and rest before Fulham.
Lyndon Dykes on 09:32 - Oct 3 with 2431 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 09:24 - Oct 3 by nix

I really enjoyed watching Lyndon yesterday.

He just seemed to be having the best time, which is what you want from your players. I think he's working hard to get an understanding with Gray as well, calling for him to make a run he could pass onto a couple of times.

Incidentally he also made three interceptions and blocked two shots while defending for us. Not bad for your striker.

The only disappointment is that he'll probably come back knackered from the international break. Fortunately it's only two matches rather than the absurd three this time and one is against the Faroe Islands, so hopefully they'll knock a few in early on and he can back and rest before Fulham.

Good points about his defending from the front,

Noticed Lyndon seemed to drop deeper at start of 2nd Half, seemed to a be a tactical change to close that space and concentrate more on his link up play so we could better dominate possession as we did in first 25,

Liking Warburton's subtle changes as far from previous club's no Plan B jibes.
Lyndon Dykes on 09:40 - Oct 3 with 2409 viewsnix

Lyndon Dykes on 09:32 - Oct 3 by ParkRoyalR

Good points about his defending from the front,

Noticed Lyndon seemed to drop deeper at start of 2nd Half, seemed to a be a tactical change to close that space and concentrate more on his link up play so we could better dominate possession as we did in first 25,

Liking Warburton's subtle changes as far from previous club's no Plan B jibes.

Warbs has certainly shown he can change tactics both mid-game and between matches depending on the opposition.

I didn't notice at the time but it does make sense that he dropped back a bit.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:24 - Oct 3 with 2313 viewsHunterhoop

Superb performance yesterday. MoTM. Goal, assist, disallowed goal which should have stood, good all round hold up play, ran the channels, linked it well. Possibly his best performance for the club.
Lyndon Dykes on 11:16 - Oct 3 with 2222 viewsgobbles

Lyndon Dykes on 08:17 - Oct 3 by gazza1

LD is not above criticism.....without doubt or question he has played badly on numerous occasions this season - left a lot to be desired.

However, he has improved his performances generally and looked a better player. I look forward to the continued improvements. As for MoM yesterday, he will not be getting my vote.

I thought he was man of the match yesterday. Absolutely awesome, that guy runs through brick walls for us and never gets put off when the defence get rough. Worth noting that for both his goal and the third one, he was on the floor and beat everyone to get back to his feet and make a crucial contribution. The amount of rolling around on the floor we saw yesterday, it shows how much Dykes stood out. And how good was that header for the disallowed goal?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 11:17]
Lyndon Dykes on 12:35 - Oct 3 with 2100 viewseastside_r

First touch has improved, running with the ball has improved, running off the ball has improved. Is he a natural talent like Chair or Willock? Clearly not, but credit to the player and the coaching staff for his all round improvement.

Fantastic header and I have only seen it once at the game, right behind it - majestic.

Not MOTM for me but 8/10, probably his best game for us.
Lyndon Dykes on 13:36 - Oct 3 with 2006 viewskensalriser

I thought his goal yesterday was fantastic, a result of persistence and opportunism, two qualities all strikers should have. If the defender hadn't raised his knee and Dykes hadn't spotted it instantly that chance is gone.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Lyndon Dykes on 13:43 - Oct 3 with 1984 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 12:35 - Oct 3 by eastside_r

First touch has improved, running with the ball has improved, running off the ball has improved. Is he a natural talent like Chair or Willock? Clearly not, but credit to the player and the coaching staff for his all round improvement.

Fantastic header and I have only seen it once at the game, right behind it - majestic.

Not MOTM for me but 8/10, probably his best game for us.

Great post,

Hoping for an 8/10 for Lyndon (those headers and that Messi like take-down on the bye-line to set up the 3rd goal - c'mon!) and a 9/10 MOTM for Chair!

And to quote Mr Northern's prophetic words....'what was that you were saying'...humble pie never tasted so good!
Lyndon Dykes on 11:52 - Oct 6 with 1705 viewsrsonist

Bit of fun.
Lyndon Dykes on 12:08 - Oct 6 with 1648 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024