Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amit at St James' Park 16:26 - Oct 17 with 5477 viewsNoelmc

Just caught a glimpse of Amit sitting near the new Toon owners at Newcastle.
Amit at St James' Park on 16:30 - Oct 17 with 3995 viewsPikey

Yeh saw that too. Let's hope he is guest of Reuben and buying his rs shares
Amit at St James' Park on 16:34 - Oct 17 with 3968 viewsflynnbo

At least he remained in his seat with the initial celebrations.
Amit at St James' Park on 16:58 - Oct 17 with 3843 viewsMick_S

Going well. Tee Hee.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Amit at St James' Park on 17:12 - Oct 17 with 3772 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Loved this from the ever-modest Steve Bruce:

"I’ve tried to keep my respect and dignity, which has probably served me well over the last 20-odd years".

Self-praise is no praise, Stevey Boy!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Amit at St James' Park on 17:12 - Oct 17 with 3777 viewsbollockchops

maybe he has gone to spunk the Bond money !
Amit at St James' Park on 17:20 - Oct 17 with 3732 viewsHantsR

Game suspended due to an emergency medical situation in the crowd. Defibrillator called for. Prayers for those involved.
Amit at St James' Park on 17:24 - Oct 17 with 3695 viewsdistortR

Amit at St James' Park on 17:20 - Oct 17 by HantsR

Game suspended due to an emergency medical situation in the crowd. Defibrillator called for. Prayers for those involved.

fingers crossed for them
Amit at St James' Park on 17:31 - Oct 17 with 3643 viewsstainrods_elbow

Amit at St James' Park on 17:12 - Oct 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Loved this from the ever-modest Steve Bruce:

"I’ve tried to keep my respect and dignity, which has probably served me well over the last 20-odd years".

Self-praise is no praise, Stevey Boy!

Don't think that's self-praise as such, and I feel sorry for the guy personally, in the eye of the Newcastle-Saudi shitstorm.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Amit at St James' Park on 17:42 - Oct 17 with 3576 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Amit at St James' Park on 17:31 - Oct 17 by stainrods_elbow

Don't think that's self-praise as such, and I feel sorry for the guy personally, in the eye of the Newcastle-Saudi shitstorm.

I can't bring myself to feel sorry for him, really. I remember him as being incredibly fickle and disloyal as a manager when he started out. Always strikes me as full of his own self importance.

Amit at St James' Park on 17:47 - Oct 17 with 3545 viewsngbqpr

Amit at St James' Park on 17:42 - Oct 17 by BrianMcCarthy

I can't bring myself to feel sorry for him, really. I remember him as being incredibly fickle and disloyal as a manager when he started out. Always strikes me as full of his own self importance.

Disloyal, yes several times.

However I do find the fact that the Toon fans revere Rafa and hate Bruce after they've achieved similar results is very strange.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Amit at St James' Park on 17:49 - Oct 17 with 3532 viewsrrrspricey

Amit at St James' Park on 17:24 - Oct 17 by distortR

fingers crossed for them

Commentator confirmed fan stabilised and on way to hospital.

Now we can get back to enjoying Spuds pìssing on the parade of the murderous, misogynistic geordie regime
Amit at St James' Park on 18:23 - Oct 17 with 3366 viewsdavman

Anyone think that this could still go Breasts up for the Toon?

They are really, really poor at the moment and could be adrift by the time January comes. Then who is really going to want to join them? Even if they throw money at a Supermarket trolley dash, they could end up with even bigger money equivalents of Barton, Luke Young, Anton Ferdinand and SWP.

Even if they do get some in, the old wage discrepancy will jeopardize any harmony they might have.

They might be breaking our record of a second tier wage next season.

... Or is all that wishful thinking?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Amit at St James' Park on 18:33 - Oct 17 with 3306 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It absolutely could go horribly wrong.

But if they listen to Jamie Reuben he'll be able to tell them of every trapdoor we fell through.

Amit at St James' Park on 18:45 - Oct 17 with 3252 viewsolderR

Amit at St James' Park on 16:30 - Oct 17 by Pikey

They’re negotiating to swop Warbs for Bruce.

Anything’s possible if the money’s right.
Amit at St James' Park on 18:48 - Oct 17 with 3235 viewsNoelmc

Amit at St James' Park on 18:45 - Oct 17 by olderR

They’re negotiating to swop Warbs for Bruce.

Anything’s possible if the money’s right.

Don't even joke about it!
Amit at St James' Park on 19:31 - Oct 17 with 3067 viewsted_hendrix

Surely they can ask for their money back after seven days? "not fit for purpose" "doesn't work when It's supposed to" "bits missing" "tried switching it off and on but it made no difference"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Amit at St James' Park on 19:40 - Oct 17 with 3031 viewsEsox_Lucius

Amit at St James' Park on 16:30 - Oct 17 by Pikey

I believe he is very good mates with Jamie Rueben who was on our board for a while before heading up to NUFC. The Mags will rip the Championship to pieces next year.

The grass is always greener.

Amit at St James' Park on 19:46 - Oct 17 with 3002 viewsLythamR

Newcastle supporters wearing arabian gear and singing "sacked in the morrning" gleefully

I really hope they can land the dream team, Hughes and Jorabchian for the "Project"
Amit at St James' Park on 20:03 - Oct 17 with 2922 viewsterryb

Absolutely Brian.

Dignity & integrity are not two words that I will ever associate with Steve Bruce.

I do wonder what type of players that the club & their supporters think they will manage to join the club. At best they will be in competition with Arsenal, Tottenham & Leicester, but I suppose that is a step up on the present!

As to today, Tottenham deserve much praise for how they brought the referee's attention to the medical emergency, especially Regulon & Dier.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 9:49]
Amit at St James' Park on 20:33 - Oct 17 with 2786 viewsbosh67

To be honest Brian I think he's a pretty decent guy. He went through hell losing his mum and dad so close to each other and continuing to work through that. I met him at a charity event a few years ago, before the pandemic and he really comes across as a likeable and down to earth person. He sat with me for some time and we talked about all sorts of things, including football He's definitely doesn't come across as having an ego.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Amit at St James' Park on 20:35 - Oct 17 with 2779 viewsBoston

Amit at St James' Park on 20:03 - Oct 17 by terryb

Absolutely Brian.

Dignity & integrity are not two words that I will ever associate with Steve Bruce.

I do wonder what type of players that the club & their supporters think they will manage to join the club. At best they will be in competition with Arsenal, Tottenham & Leicester, but I suppose that is a step up on the present!

As to today, Tottenham deserve much praise for how they brought the referee's attention to the medical emergency, especially Regulon & Dier.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 9:49]

I’ll give ya two words, smoosh and face.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Amit at St James' Park on 20:44 - Oct 17 with 2746 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Amit at St James' Park on 20:33 - Oct 17 by bosh67

To be honest Brian I think he's a pretty decent guy. He went through hell losing his mum and dad so close to each other and continuing to work through that. I met him at a charity event a few years ago, before the pandemic and he really comes across as a likeable and down to earth person. He sat with me for some time and we talked about all sorts of things, including football He's definitely doesn't come across as having an ego.

Its on my package of games here in America and the studio analyst Robbie Mustoe said Bruce was in a bad place mentally with everything going on and for his mental sanity take the pay off deal today and walk away.
The fan was saved by a combination of things thankfully.The Newcastle fans got the attention of the players waiting for a corner and they alerted the Ref who took action.Eric Dyer ran across to get the defibrillator (fair play to him ) and the Spurs left back Regillion (bad spelling ) was very active too.The ref took the players wait first then back to the dressing rooms .Once the fan was carried away breathing he brought them back out and played the 7 minutes then halftime.
Ironically Spurs scored a brilliant goal to basically win it during this time.
Fair play to all.Good luck to the fan
Amit at St James' Park on 21:25 - Oct 17 with 2587 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Amit at St James' Park on 20:33 - Oct 17 by bosh67

Good to hear, Bosh.

Amit at St James' Park on 21:46 - Oct 17 with 2506 viewsMyke

Amit at St James' Park on 17:47 - Oct 17 by ngbqpr

Disloyal, yes several times.

However I do find the fact that the Toon fans revere Rafa and hate Bruce after they've achieved similar results is very strange.

This - I made a similar point a couple of weeks ago . If we are going to talk about fickle...
Amit at St James' Park on 22:51 - Oct 17 with 2304 viewsrrrspricey

Amit at St James' Park on 19:46 - Oct 17 by LythamR

Newcastle supporters wearing arabian gear and singing "sacked in the morrning" gleefully

I really hope they can land the dream team, Hughes and Jorabchian for the "Project"

The amount of pricks dressing themselves (and their kids) up as sheiks is fùcking unbelievable

I can only assume they want to mimic and idolise the very same regime that routinely detain government critics, women’s rights activists, human rights defenders, relatives of activists, journalists, just for speaking out about them. They still behead people ffs.

It's like celebrating your club being taken over by Kim Jong Un.

Never have I wanted a club to fail more than them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024