Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Anne” 21:33 - Jan 2 with 3351 viewsloftboy

Anyone else watching this. Bringing back very bad memories..

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

“Anne” on 09:39 - Jan 3 with 3033 viewsterryb

I watched it & will watch till the end.

It's definitely not entertainment & I found it very harrowing. How could they hold the coroner's court at the same place that they had to identify photos of their children?

I had tears in my eyes for a lot of the episode.
“Anne” on 09:52 - Jan 3 with 2988 viewsdaveB

it's a really good drama, watched it the other week for work and it's a real tough watch which doesn't really have a happy ending. Really well done though
“Anne” on 11:21 - Jan 3 with 2782 viewsRed_Ranger

“Anne” on 09:52 - Jan 3 by daveB

it's a really good drama, watched it the other week for work and it's a real tough watch which doesn't really have a happy ending. Really well done though

i read a really good review of it. Def going to watch. is it on i-plAYER?
“Anne” on 11:48 - Jan 3 with 2723 viewsstevec

An absolute tragedy for the families of the 95 innocents but I won’t be watching it as I cannot come to terms with the complete lack of retrospection shown between this and the disgrace of Heysel less than 4 years previous.

Maybe someone will tell me ‘Anne’ has put this into some perspective but I suspect it’s significance is still being swept under the carpet,
“Anne” on 11:48 - Jan 3 with 2725 viewsextratimeR

Yes, watch this, it is a hard watch, and even after all these years, hard to believe the" authorities" got away with it.
“Anne” on 12:01 - Jan 3 with 2701 viewsloftboy

“Anne” on 11:48 - Jan 3 by stevec

An absolute tragedy for the families of the 95 innocents but I won’t be watching it as I cannot come to terms with the complete lack of retrospection shown between this and the disgrace of Heysel less than 4 years previous.

Maybe someone will tell me ‘Anne’ has put this into some perspective but I suspect it’s significance is still being swept under the carpet,

The young lad and his family that this focuses on would have had absolutely nothing at all to do with Heysal. It’s purely showing the lies and corruption that they had to battle against, as mentioned earlier, if you get through the first episode with dry eyes then you’re one thick skinned fûcker.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 12:04]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

“Anne” on 17:04 - Jan 5 with 2289 viewsthemodfather

haven't seen this but did watch other hillsboro docs. to think a few years back when qpr played at palace, they had a padlocked fire exit in the away end, in a wooden stand, which was over sold imo and when i asked the steward standing there, who had the key, he had no idea, i spoke to police and was basically fobbed off, i wrote to the football fans group, the lfb and their local council , not much came of it, i should have got in touch with liverpool but didn;t.
“Anne” on 17:18 - Jan 5 with 2229 viewsdaveB

“Anne” on 11:21 - Jan 3 by Red_Ranger

it's on the ITV Hub and think it's on Britbox if you have that
Login to get fewer ads

“Anne” on 17:18 - Jan 5 with 2229 viewsQPR_Hibs

“Anne” on 11:21 - Jan 3 by Red_Ranger

It's on ITV player if you have access to that.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

“Anne” on 20:03 - Jan 5 with 2048 viewsLowerloftLad

Just finished watching it a very sad and hard watch and like someone else has already said no happy ending.

The really sad thing is you can draw a fair few comparison's with Grenfell Survivors who will no doubt be stood outside parliament in 20 years still asking for awnsers.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:43 - Jan 6 with 1662 viewsyouneye

“Anne” on 20:03 - Jan 5 by LowerloftLad

Just finished watching it a very sad and hard watch and like someone else has already said no happy ending.

The really sad thing is you can draw a fair few comparison's with Grenfell Survivors who will no doubt be stood outside parliament in 20 years still asking for awnsers.

“Anne” on 20:39 - Jan 6 with 1415 viewssupahoopsa

Just watched the first episode and I'm in pieces. Just horrendous, how is anyone supposed to cope with that

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

“Anne” on 00:42 - Jan 7 with 1262 viewsLythamR

its a tough watch, fair play to ITV for putting it on prime time over consecutive nights.

Hopefully it brings some fresh insight to those that still think the responsibility lies primarily with the football supporters rather than the authorities, unfortunately there are still plenty of those.
“Anne” on 08:23 - Jan 7 with 1168 viewsnumptydumpty

It's a very harrowing watch absolutely.

Dreadful cover up, almost as horrific as the event itself.

The way it's portrayed Anne in particular seemed all consumed with the correct inquest result.

Myself and my little lady chatted and asked ourselves what would we do in that scenario.

We both felt the tireless battle for justice although finally successful and just, the way the programme filmed, was it healthy for Anne and her family still here.

Ie for me, I would have worried than an all consuming passion for justice, absolutely agree, and it should have been done correctly years ago, but the constant focus on such a tragic event, would this have impacted on the family still here.

The way this program was filmed, the dad and brother seemed to imply they maybe would have preferred less focus on such an horrific event for the best of their lives going forwards.

I know Anne passed away at age 62, probably exhausted by all of this.

I personally knew a friend whose brother was murdered at age 14.

The mother kept his room as it was, even to thus day, 20 years later and my friend said they were all mentally destroyed deep down but apart from the mother they all tried to focus on their own lives for their own wellbeing.

Can understand the mum being the most affected by these Dreadful things though.

But what a Dreadful cover up, with everyone falling into line. The police then here being sadly IMO extremely corrupt..

A harrowing watch indeed though.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

“Anne” on 10:15 - Jan 7 with 1098 viewsNorthantsHoop

You could feel both the pain and frustration of the Hillsborough families in their continual search for justice. The drama showed the sad state of affairs of how the authorities attempted to cover up their failings. We have to hope that the proposed Hillsborough law gets passed.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 10:21]
“Anne” on 10:25 - Jan 7 with 1062 viewsdaveB

there was a documentary on BBC a few years back about it all and was honestly brilliantly made and absolutely heartbreaking to watch
“Anne” on 11:03 - Jan 7 with 1008 viewsHarbour

A harrowing watch clearly demonstrated the terrible affect it had on the families survivors and anyone involved glad they made the program this tragedy should never be forgotten . Sickening no one other than the Ground H&S exec got found guilty. Not sure how the bloke in charge on the day lives with himself should have been doing time..Not really any justice in the end.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024