Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boys 1st game 13:28 - Feb 15 with 5726 viewsPBLOCK

Hi all

I’m taking my boy to Hull on Saturday but had a couple of questions that some be able to help with.

He’s under 8 (he’s 6) but does the Under 8’s go free only apply in the Lower Loft looking at the tickets available there’s some right at the front but the weather is meant to be pretty dreadful so don’t want the poor kid getting drenched. Is the front of the lower loft protected from the elements always sat in the Upper Loft so not sure

Also what time do the players arrive for the match as want to see if he can get some autographs if possible and do they still park by the School end?

Any help appreciated

Cheers
Boys 1st game on 13:55 - Feb 15 with 4102 viewsdaveB

they still park by the school end, they usually start arriving around 12.30 but they are not meant to be stopping for pictures, they still do though to be honest

Under 8's is only the lower loft but you can usually find a few spares towards the back of the stand once the game has started
Boys 1st game on 13:59 - Feb 15 with 4067 viewsStreathamRanger

You can get free under 8s in X block ellerslie. That's what I've done this game as I didn't want to risk being sat in the rain. I'm on row K with a 9 year old and a 6 year old. Give us a wave of you decide to sit in X block

Also, not sure if they're signing autographs at the moment because of covid Sorry, just realised Dave already answered that one.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 14:01]
Boys 1st game on 14:25 - Feb 15 with 3998 viewsCabdriveR

The free under 8’s tickets apply to any area of the ground that isn’t ‘gold’.
Boys 1st game on 14:41 - Feb 15 with 3955 viewslondonscottish

You'd need to grab seats towards the back of the Lower Loft to stay dry.

I'm row L which is 10th from the front/4th from the back and I always stray dry. I sat in K last game and could feel the odd bit of drizzle. People in J forwards get wet.

Chances are you'll be able to grab seats further back - that's what a lot of people end up doing.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Boys 1st game on 18:03 - Feb 15 with 3832 viewsPBLOCK

Thanks for the advice guys

Decided to go Upper Loft PU near the front to keep him dry!

Cheers!
Boys 1st game on 18:13 - Feb 15 with 3800 viewslondonscottish

Boys 1st game on 18:03 - Feb 15 by PBLOCK

Thanks for the advice guys

Decided to go Upper Loft PU near the front to keep him dry!

Cheers!

Good shout, great seats.

Boys 1st game on 18:17 - Feb 15 with 3791 viewsPBLOCK

Had my season ticket in PU (Gold)for 20 odd years but once the kids came along had to reign it in.

Got Silver so free for him

He’s absolutely dying for Saturday just hope we can put in a performance to snare him for life!!
Boys 1st game on 21:27 - Feb 19 with 3601 viewsStreathamRanger

I hope your boy enjoyed the game P Block. Interesting one in X block for me today. I've got used to sitting in lower Loft with the kids. Definitely a bit more edgy in X block. Kids were fine with it and the coke heads on our row were actually pretty friendly although they did miss a fair amount of the match. There was one absolute loon who called any Rangers player who dared lose the ball at any time during the match a sh*t c*nt. So much rage, I think he wasn't quite the full package to be honest.

Anyway, worth a try and good to be under cover today but I think I'll be back to the lower Loft next time. Just need to remember to book early to get seats under cover.
Login to get fewer ads

Boys 1st game on 00:39 - Feb 20 with 3470 viewsessextaxiboy

Boys 1st game on 21:27 - Feb 19 by StreathamRanger

I hope your boy enjoyed the game P Block. Interesting one in X block for me today. I've got used to sitting in lower Loft with the kids. Definitely a bit more edgy in X block. Kids were fine with it and the coke heads on our row were actually pretty friendly although they did miss a fair amount of the match. There was one absolute loon who called any Rangers player who dared lose the ball at any time during the match a sh*t c*nt. So much rage, I think he wasn't quite the full package to be honest.

Anyway, worth a try and good to be under cover today but I think I'll be back to the lower Loft next time. Just need to remember to book early to get seats under cover.

Its years since I took anyone so young but I would have moved away given what you describe .. TBH
Boys 1st game on 07:33 - Feb 20 with 3397 viewsStreathamRanger

Boys 1st game on 00:39 - Feb 20 by essextaxiboy

Its years since I took anyone so young but I would have moved away given what you describe .. TBH

Nowhere to move to. It was pretty full today. Fortunately the real loon was a good few rows away from us so it wasn't too intrusive. Would have been a nightmare if you'd been sat right next to him
Boys 1st game on 08:57 - Feb 20 with 3337 viewsPBLOCK

Boys 1st game on 21:27 - Feb 19 by StreathamRanger

Ah thanks for asking mate.

Got the 10:45 train from Leigh on Sea while at the station got a “U R’s” off of a fella who showed my little boy his shirt and he was off to the game a bit later I told him it was my boys first game and he was having a chat with him which was a great way to kick off the day.

Got the ground about 12:30 and managed to see some of the players going in got a few autographs and pictures. After doing this for a bit took him in the club shop and got him a new shirt and some other bits. Ground wasn’t yet open so took him in The Springbok for 20 minutes while me and brother had a beer and he had some crisps. Entered the ground and went into the Blue and White and he was looking at all the pictures on the wall.

Although we were in the Upper Loft we popped into the Lower Loft while the players warmed up. He kept shouting “Seny, Seny” while they were warming up and he got a wave and a thumbs up which he was really chuffed with. Got pics with Jude and Spark and it’s nearly kick off

Took our seats in the Upper Loft and he looked a bit shocked at how big it was but he seemed to be loving it. Kept telling me he thought the ref was rubbish. He reckoned we had nigh on 20 penalties first half (hasn’t quite got the hang of if it’s a foul outside the box it’s a free kick not a penalty!!)

Fella behind us was dropping a fair few F bombs so he kept looking at me saying “Naughty words Dad” but apart from that it was ok.

Cried when we equalised as the noise was a bit much. Although this lasted nearly 30 seconds and while I was giving him a cuddle he still kept clapping bless him.

When Albert scored he was cheering as loud as anyone but unfortunately it wasn’t to be. Again told me the ref was rubbish

Final whistle, let the crowd die down and we had a match debrief in McDonalds and then got the tube and headed home and walked in the front door about 7:45pm

Showed his Mum his new shirt and all the other stuff ( gloves, pics, autographs) and went to bed. Told me he had the best day and can we go to the Derby game on Easter Monday

He’s currently still asleep

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys he had a great day as did me and my brother

Reckon he’s converted!
Boys 1st game on 09:22 - Feb 20 with 3286 viewsozexile

Boys 1st game on 08:57 - Feb 20 by PBLOCK

Got the 10:45 train from Leigh on Sea while at the station got a “U R’s” off of a fella who showed my little boy his shirt and he was off to the game a bit later I told him it was my boys first game and he was having a chat with him which was a great way to kick off the day.

Got the ground about 12:30 and managed to see some of the players going in got a few autographs and pictures. After doing this for a bit took him in the club shop and got him a new shirt and some other bits. Ground wasn’t yet open so took him in The Springbok for 20 minutes while me and brother had a beer and he had some crisps. Entered the ground and went into the Blue and White and he was looking at all the pictures on the wall.

Although we were in the Upper Loft we popped into the Lower Loft while the players warmed up. He kept shouting “Seny, Seny” while they were warming up and he got a wave and a thumbs up which he was really chuffed with. Got pics with Jude and Spark and it’s nearly kick off

Took our seats in the Upper Loft and he looked a bit shocked at how big it was but he seemed to be loving it. Kept telling me he thought the ref was rubbish. He reckoned we had nigh on 20 penalties first half (hasn’t quite got the hang of if it’s a foul outside the box it’s a free kick not a penalty!!)

Fella behind us was dropping a fair few F bombs so he kept looking at me saying “Naughty words Dad” but apart from that it was ok.

Cried when we equalised as the noise was a bit much. Although this lasted nearly 30 seconds and while I was giving him a cuddle he still kept clapping bless him.

When Albert scored he was cheering as loud as anyone but unfortunately it wasn’t to be. Again told me the ref was rubbish

Final whistle, let the crowd die down and we had a match debrief in McDonalds and then got the tube and headed home and walked in the front door about 7:45pm

Showed his Mum his new shirt and all the other stuff ( gloves, pics, autographs) and went to bed. Told me he had the best day and can we go to the Derby game on Easter Monday

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys he had a great day as did me and my brother

Reckon he’s converted!

Lovely, brings back memories of going with my Dad, thank you.
Boys 1st game on 09:39 - Feb 20 with 3254 viewsSuperhoop83

In the words of Shakin' Stevens, great stuff.

My older son's first home match was a 2-1 defeat to Crewe, but he thought it finished 1-1, so he enjoyed it.

Suffering since 1978.

Boys 1st game on 09:43 - Feb 20 with 3246 viewsStreathamRanger

Lovely to hear, sounds like a brilliant first match day experience
Boys 1st game on 09:59 - Feb 20 with 3225 viewsPunteR

Reckon he’s converted!

Brilliant stuff.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Boys 1st game on 10:07 - Feb 20 with 3212 viewssilverbirch

A day neither of you will ever forget. Wonderful
Boys 1st game on 11:56 - Feb 20 with 3166 viewsPBLOCK

Boys 1st game on 10:07 - Feb 20 by silverbirch

A day neither of you will ever forget. Wonderful

Thanks for all the kind words Gents

He’s just shouted to my Mrs that he needs help in a rather urgent and frantic manner

She’s gone in the front room asking what Evers the matter his reply “Mummy can you help me add the app in my book (QPR annual purchased in Club Shop yesterday) to my tablet I want to watch QPR”

My work here is done 😁
Boys 1st game on 17:07 - Feb 20 with 3057 viewslondonscottish

Reckon he’s converted!

Mate, that's brilliant.

I took my son for the first time when he was 6 and he's 17 now.

It's 50% him taking me these days.....

Boys 1st game on 18:16 - Feb 20 with 2997 viewsHarbour

Reckon he’s converted!

Well done to you and your boy sounds like he had a great day and a proper intro to the Rs with the highs and the lows…and a few f bombs …sorry done a few of those …hope you both continue to enjoy special days like this…wait till he comes when we win!
Boys 1st game on 18:22 - Feb 20 with 2990 viewsdavman

Reckon he’s converted!

Love it, memories of my lad's first game 8 years ago there. He was so happy at games 'til those teenage hormones kicked in. We still go and have a laugh, but this season the results mean more to him than they used to.

Would change nothing then or now, of course!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Boys 1st game on 19:32 - Feb 20 with 2936 viewsPBLOCK

Boys 1st game on 18:22 - Feb 20 by davman

Love it, memories of my lad's first game 8 years ago there. He was so happy at games 'til those teenage hormones kicked in. We still go and have a laugh, but this season the results mean more to him than they used to.

Would change nothing then or now, of course!

Ah glad it brings back memories for you guys who have already done it.

Wore his new shirt to a football party this afternoon for one of his school mates and was telling all his mates their dads, the tea lady etc what he did yesterday. The young fella running the football party when he turned up said “Alright Mr QPR I support Rangers too”which he was well happy with.

He has had a great time although is currently very unimpressed that me and my Mrs won’t let him stay up to watch the Blackpool game on Wednesday on the red button.
Boys 1st game on 20:36 - Feb 20 with 2886 viewsdavman

Boys 1st game on 19:32 - Feb 20 by PBLOCK

Ah glad it brings back memories for you guys who have already done it.

Wore his new shirt to a football party this afternoon for one of his school mates and was telling all his mates their dads, the tea lady etc what he did yesterday. The young fella running the football party when he turned up said “Alright Mr QPR I support Rangers too”which he was well happy with.

He has had a great time although is currently very unimpressed that me and my Mrs won’t let him stay up to watch the Blackpool game on Wednesday on the red button.

Boooooooooooo to you - half term, isn't it, what's he got to get up for on Thursday?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Boys 1st game on 20:47 - Feb 20 with 2870 viewsE17hoop

Reckon he’s converted!

This is what's being a Dad is about. A memory you and him will have forever.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Boys 1st game on 20:48 - Feb 20 with 2860 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Reckon he’s converted!

Lovely stuff. He was right about the ref!
Boys 1st game on 20:50 - Feb 20 with 2864 viewsPBLOCK

Boys 1st game on 20:36 - Feb 20 by davman

Boooooooooooo to you - half term, isn't it, what's he got to get up for on Thursday?

Haha

He’s just had his half term, back on the chain gang for him tomorrow

He has asked / demanded that his new shirt is ready for after school football club tomorrow

I’ve negotiated he can watch the 1st half
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024