Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play offs (or not) 08:45 - Mar 7 with 6091 viewsTheChef

While there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth about our drop in form - and whether we will make the play offs or not - are we missing the key question?

If we do make it into the play offs, does anyone actually expect us to win them?

IMO if we do make the play offs it would be a fantastic achievement. But do I think we'll win them and get promoted? No.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Play offs (or not) on 08:50 - Mar 7 with 4222 viewsStanisgod

No chance but it would be a reward at least for the season pre Feb.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Play offs (or not) on 08:59 - Mar 7 with 4176 viewsRangers67

Well me might win them as it is a bit of a lottery but the thing is it,s a real dilemma. Because the money that promotion would bring would help stabellise the club . But we would be cannon fodder like Norwich for the vast majority of the clubs in the Prem without an overhaul of the playing staff. I think I would prefer this season to maybe consolidate on MW good work so far and make a real push next year. The obvious problem being the three teams coming down having vastly more financial resources than we do will skew the chances in their favour.
Play offs (or not) on 09:02 - Mar 7 with 4161 viewsRs_Holy

no chance of getting past the semi's but it would be a little bit exciting in the build up and would give us something to build on.
Play offs (or not) on 09:06 - Mar 7 with 4147 viewswood_hoop

What a difficult conumdrum, play offs we still have a reasonable chance but winning them will test us to the limit.

But then that's why the play offs exist, the best of the four remaining from the championship don't always win, it is hard to envisage us doing that currently but you never know, I am a supreme optomist and lady luck will need to be on our side.

I imagine MW and his staff will be tearing their hair out with the way we have played recently, now is his chance to proove he walks the walk and drag his players with him.

We can only keep supporting him, thata why we are here, talk of replacing him is imo tantamount to defeat before you even kick a ball. They have a week to get things in place to correct the malaise of recent weeks whatever they are, but he is in the driving seat and show us it is not a fluke as to why there was so much inspiation in the previous
12 months or so.

In Warbs I trust..........
Play offs (or not) on 09:23 - Mar 7 with 4070 viewsTerry49

I believe that promotion this season is vital as many of the current squad will not be here next season for sure. Some will be sold and some will be past their best.Are we sure MW would stay.
The money we will get would solve our financial problems not least relying on the owners dipping their hands in their pockets every month to keep us going. How long will they be prepared to carry on doing that.Yes we may not survive more than one season but there will be enough teams we should be able to get points off especially if we could get back to days when we won most home games and made LF Road a fortress
Play offs (or not) on 09:30 - Mar 7 with 4031 viewsHooparoo

I think we’ve completely fcked it up. 5 points from the last 8 (all winnable) games is tragic. So bloody typical QPR. Why the fck did I choose this bloody club when I was 8? A lifetime of football heartache and self flagellation. I’ve just let my live subscription lapse as I’ve had enough of watching this latest train wreck. Totally fcking over it 😬

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Play offs (or not) on 09:39 - Mar 7 with 4011 viewsLazyFan

I doubt we shall make the playoffs, I think 7th.

Hendrick is decent but has not really made a difference. He looks useful, but it has just not worked out so far.

Willock and Chair are exhausted, JoJo and Wallace keep getting injured. And Dykes is the same. We need another Dykes really. Summer xfer window me thinks.

zzzzzzzzzz

Play offs (or not) on 09:51 - Mar 7 with 3976 viewsTerry49

Can somebody tell me what is the matter with Charlie. Why do we get so nany knocks in training and stomach bugs. Since Hendricks arrived we have not looked the same team. Premier class player i very much doubt.
Login to get fewer ads

Play offs (or not) on 09:52 - Mar 7 with 3975 viewsdmm

Being in a play off position must have been the realistic target at the beginning of the season so achieving that would give Warburton, his staff and the players a real boost.

However - stating the bleedin' obvious I know - unless we regain our best form leading into them, I don't see us standing much chance of winning them.
Play offs (or not) on 09:53 - Mar 7 with 3966 viewsBklynRanger

I wouldn't expect us to win them but think we could. We'd have to have built right back up to our very best form, and probably exceed it on the day, individually and across the team, and fitness-wise.

But these are one-off games, teams can choke, under perform, over perform, all of that. We really shouldn't have beat Derby on the day but found a way to, with a bit of help from Keogh obviously.

But overall we'd need to remember quite a few things that recently seem to have been forgotten so I won't be betting on it.
Play offs (or not) on 09:59 - Mar 7 with 3945 viewsHastings_Hoops

Reaching the playoffs would be a sign of progress and a springboard to a further advance next season… and that includes selling two or three assets and buying four or five new assets to make a better squad.
Play offs (or not) on 10:04 - Mar 7 with 3932 viewsdaveB

I'm in the worry about that if it happens camp. I think we are capable making the top 6 and that would be a good season. Of the teams likely to be in the playoffs I think it's only Boro and Sheff Utd who I would say look better teams than us, the rest in that top half are not any better than us
Play offs (or not) on 10:10 - Mar 7 with 3899 viewsbosh67

Play offs (or not) on 09:51 - Mar 7 by Terry49

Can somebody tell me what is the matter with Charlie. Why do we get so nany knocks in training and stomach bugs. Since Hendricks arrived we have not looked the same team. Premier class player i very much doubt.

Charlie's wife had Covid so he couldn't play and now he is ill, which may be a bug or Covid, so not a lot he or the club can do about that apart from get him better and fit asap. It's a shame Charlie has struggled for fitness and form over the last few months. I still think he has a lot to offer. I very much like the style of football we play but it isn't always suited to a traditional forward. We may have to tweak it for Charlie, Lyndon and Andre because they don't always get a lot of service in the way we play.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Play offs (or not) on 10:22 - Mar 7 with 3854 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

If we are truly serious about making the playoffs then these next 2 away games will show us.
Lose them both and it's off to the beach for some players, 1 point the same. 4 points and we are right in the mix. Then an inevitable home loss to Peterborough.....
There should be no excuses about tiredness or fatigue, we just had a week off. Now another one. Then an international break (after Posh). Time to show us if they really want it.
Personally I think it's gone.
Play offs (or not) on 10:30 - Mar 7 with 3836 viewsRs_Holy

Play offs (or not) on 09:30 - Mar 7 by Hooparoo

I think we’ve completely fcked it up. 5 points from the last 8 (all winnable) games is tragic. So bloody typical QPR. Why the fck did I choose this bloody club when I was 8? A lifetime of football heartache and self flagellation. I’ve just let my live subscription lapse as I’ve had enough of watching this latest train wreck. Totally fcking over it 😬

Sounds like you need to switch teams Mr Roo... Be careful tho! I know a chap who switched to Arsenal with his Dad just after the 'winning loads of trophies' era... He's been as pizza'd off as any footy fan in recent seasons :) ... btw his Dad was a posty and his work colleagues nicknamed him 'Q.P.Arsenal' ...
[Post edited 7 Mar 2022 10:31]
Play offs (or not) on 12:08 - Mar 7 with 3681 viewsHooparoo

Play offs (or not) on 10:30 - Mar 7 by Rs_Holy

Sounds like you need to switch teams Mr Roo... Be careful tho! I know a chap who switched to Arsenal with his Dad just after the 'winning loads of trophies' era... He's been as pizza'd off as any footy fan in recent seasons :) ... btw his Dad was a posty and his work colleagues nicknamed him 'Q.P.Arsenal' ...
[Post edited 7 Mar 2022 10:31]

Problem is I couldn’t change even if I wanted to. I’m an old fashioned loyal puppy dog. Stuck with the Rs I’m afraid. Dammit!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Play offs (or not) on 12:33 - Mar 7 with 3627 viewswhittocksRs

If were to make the playoffs, we've got a one in four chance of promotion. The top six at the end of the season are all good teams and everyone has a chance, even if certain teams look stronger than others. The problem is we're not looking like we've got the legs to get one of the spots. My guess is we end up somewhere like ninth.
Play offs (or not) on 12:34 - Mar 7 with 3621 viewsParkRoyalR

Play offs (or not) on 10:10 - Mar 7 by bosh67

Charlie's wife had Covid so he couldn't play and now he is ill, which may be a bug or Covid, so not a lot he or the club can do about that apart from get him better and fit asap. It's a shame Charlie has struggled for fitness and form over the last few months. I still think he has a lot to offer. I very much like the style of football we play but it isn't always suited to a traditional forward. We may have to tweak it for Charlie, Lyndon and Andre because they don't always get a lot of service in the way we play.

Could have been a dodgy curry after tweeting that him and Andy Goldstein were looking for recommendations for a curry house the other night?
Play offs (or not) on 12:40 - Mar 7 with 3603 viewsRs_Holy

Play offs (or not) on 12:08 - Mar 7 by Hooparoo

Problem is I couldn’t change even if I wanted to. I’m an old fashioned loyal puppy dog. Stuck with the Rs I’m afraid. Dammit!

I had a very similar conversation with a Stoke supporting work colleague a few seasons ago... I said I had been through a few trial separations in the past but I always ended up back at Loftus Road... 'I just cant do the full on divorce thing'.
He said it was a bit like the song Hotel California for him... 'You can check-out any time you like, But you can never leave!'
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 7:31]
Play offs (or not) on 13:14 - Mar 7 with 3536 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Looking at the table and our remaining fixtures, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't finish in the top half. Just can't see us getting anything out of those tough northern away trips.
Play offs (or not) on 23:42 - Mar 8 with 3193 viewsDamo1962

Play offs (or not) on 13:14 - Mar 7 by Wegerles_Stairs

Looking at the table and our remaining fixtures, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't finish in the top half. Just can't see us getting anything out of those tough northern away trips.

Agree. Nonsense to talk about how we could care in the Play - Offs - as we won't be in them. The players seem to think that as well. Any top ten finish would be still a job well done for the season for me personally - but I understand a lot will feel disappointed with that...after being up there for so long. This slump hasn't really come as too much of a shock to me if I'm honest. We can learn from this in the long run.
Play offs (or not) on 23:45 - Mar 8 with 3187 viewsDamo1962

Play offs (or not) on 12:08 - Mar 7 by Hooparoo

You and me Roo. Bloody life sentence.😉
Play offs (or not) on 07:26 - Mar 9 with 2964 viewsdavman

Looks like we are dropping like a stone, but so many times in recent years, draw sparks a little revival and we turn losing runs into winning runs.

We are still within sight of the payoffs, so it hasn't gone Yet. The worry we have is that Luton, Udders, Sheff U, Florist are all on good runs and could well be entering I to the playoffs on top form. Always need to start poorly, grow into the season then charge for the playoffs, not start well, collapse, then limp in to the playoffs.

Some blame Chair's return for our demise, but I can't help but look at Hendrick. Nothing against him, but it appeared to be a gratuitous signing at the time and team spirit and balance has just not seemed right since he came in the team. Of course, that could be simply because we are losing, but something appears off at the moment...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Play offs (or not) on 08:05 - Mar 9 with 2884 viewsstevec

Anything less than last years 68 points would be utter failure with the additions made.
Play offs (or not) on 08:33 - Mar 9 with 2807 viewsRs_Holy

Play offs (or not) on 08:05 - Mar 9 by stevec

Anything less than last years 68 points would be utter failure with the additions made.

I have to agree. Even if we only beat last years total by 5 or 6 points it would still signify progress which we should try and replicate next season...Steady progress each season is the way forward imho
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024