Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4 year plan.. 14:40 - Mar 21 with 1944 viewsLongRanger

So disappointing at the moment, but anyone who thinks changing the manager is the answer, go back and watch The 4 Year Plan on Amazon Prime, reminds you how good it is to now have the club going in the right direction...we were shambolic, now on the right path, so need to be patient. I think MW can get us there, but will take time...the players from last year stayed or signed permanently because they liked him.

Worth noting our dip started mid-October at Posh away, not in January
4 year plan.. on 14:56 - Mar 21 with 1871 viewsNed_Kennedys

Football management has always been performance related though: hopefully he can turn it around quickly otherwise questions 100% need to be asked.
4 year plan.. on 15:00 - Mar 21 with 1842 viewsToast_R

Is this now considered an "End of season shit out"?
4 year plan.. on 01:22 - Mar 22 with 1578 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Agree with your thoughts on the manager but the current form is not a dip and it didn't start in mid-October.
4 year plan.. on 08:10 - Mar 22 with 1446 viewsbosh67

I think that the fact Stefan has been ill or injured, Charlie has been either unwell or in a bad place with grief, plus Sam Field and Luke in their first season after multiple injuries, plus industrial injury crisis in key positions hasn't helped us out much over the last few months. Momentum is built with being able to field more or less the same team and since end of November that has been a challenge. Not playing Ball or retaining Masterson for me has backfired but it's easy to say that given the current form.

I think it comes down to will Warburton want to stay and deal with what is going to have to be quite an overhaul again in the summer or will he feel that the task and the time it will take will be too much? I always thought this season was a season too early but it will be about keeping hold of key players in the summer (and that will be tough) and then to my mind trying to get in another few players with the potential of Willock. Last season our loans kept us up comfortably. This season our loans have unsettled the squad but also the players brought in last season haven't been able to stay fit long enough to push us on over a sustained period.

Changing manager for me would be a mistake. It takes managers about 5 seasons to make a real difference and although we are awful at the moment, overall we have played far better, far more attacking football over the last 3 years than I can remember in ages.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

4 year plan.. on 10:01 - Mar 22 with 1337 viewsthemodfather

most qpr fans wanted a few years of mid table stability and we have had that, no drop zone fears and panics. some good football and a lot of wins. there is still time for a change in fortune this season but ....
it seems finances are being better handled .
a comment i have made is the near refusal to change tactics/formation. el tel and mr harris scouted teams in advance and came up with a game plan for that game only , it worked .
good signs of development, as for talk of training grounds, new stadia, do not tell me til the place is near built, we got bogged down in years of warren farm , wasted negative energy.
4 year plan.. on 10:32 - Mar 22 with 1296 viewsBerkoRanger

" It takes managers about 5 seasons to make a real difference"

You mean like Eddie Howe, Steve Cooper, Chris Wilder and Nathan Jones!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024