Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window 16:51 - Mar 20 with 4152 viewsThe_Beast1976

Think they've been Warburton's biggest mistake and our downfall this season. Should have just stuck with what we had and what would have been (with any injuries etc) would have been. Results couldn't have been any worse than they have been since we brought those two wasters in during the window. Hopefully a lesson learned for next season when we have another crack at the play offs (although still a very unlikely chance we could do it this season if we send those 2 back from where they came first thing on Monday morning).

Irrespective of the above, it's been an enjoyable season this far and we've exceeded expectations. Warburton still the best man for the job and will take us forward again next season even if this season does finish with a whimper. Come on You R's
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 16:59]
Premiershite Loans on 16:53 - Mar 20 with 3398 viewsPinnerPaul

Wouldn't even be 8th without Gray's goals.

Too simplistic for me, especially when SJ, Austin and Field all helped turn round our season in 20/21.
Premiershite Loans on 16:55 - Mar 20 with 3352 viewsNorthantsHoop

Exactly should have kept de wijs and persevered with Ball, who has been hard done by. We actually needed a striker not Sanderson and Hendrick who have totally unbalanced the team in my opinion.
Premiershite Loans on 17:03 - Mar 20 with 3265 viewsPinnerPaul

Premiershite Loans on 16:55 - Mar 20 by NorthantsHoop

Exactly should have kept de wijs and persevered with Ball, who has been hard done by. We actually needed a striker not Sanderson and Hendrick who have totally unbalanced the team in my opinion.

but we've not exactly been watertight without Sanderson in his 3 game suspension?
Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 08:16 - Mar 21 with 2957 viewsQPROslo

Hendrick gets only abuse which I'm pretty sick of. I thought he was clearly the best of the 3 subs yesterday, though Thomas and Austin were both very poor. Passed the ball well mainly, 1 overhit long pass, tidy moving the ball out of defence, set up Thomas with a clever back heel, which Thomas blazed high and wide, and got into their box to glance a header narrowly wide which was more than Austin managed. Not brilliant but he was ok and an improvement on Dozzell.
Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 08:26 - Mar 21 with 2925 viewsridethewave

Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 08:16 - Mar 21 by QPROslo

Hendrick gets only abuse which I'm pretty sick of. I thought he was clearly the best of the 3 subs yesterday, though Thomas and Austin were both very poor. Passed the ball well mainly, 1 overhit long pass, tidy moving the ball out of defence, set up Thomas with a clever back heel, which Thomas blazed high and wide, and got into their box to glance a header narrowly wide which was more than Austin managed. Not brilliant but he was ok and an improvement on Dozzell.

My turd this morning was the best one I've done in the last three days. It's still a turd.
Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 08:28 - Mar 21 with 2920 viewsTheChef

Er, can we trust the process which has got us to this point?

The club are not going to make loans which cost us money we don't have, and add little or no value to the squad.

I really wish we hadn't made any January signings, just to see the knee jerkers reaction to that.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 08:39 - Mar 21 with 2898 viewsParkRoyalR

Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 08:16 - Mar 21 by QPROslo

I agree, Hendrick was decent and showed more desire + commitment than a certain club talisman when he came on.

Far easier to scape-goat Hendrick after 1 poor game in 4 than admit:

1) Austin is riding the club and fans
2) Willock has carried this team + Chair is over-rated
3) Dykes is key to how this team plays

Its far easier to scape-goat Hendrick than admit you've got any of the above or all 3 wrong.
Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 08:43 - Mar 21 with 2875 viewsPetros

I have much more of a problem with Sanderson starting instead of Barbet, than with Hendrick coming on, but should never have been for Amos.
Login to get fewer ads

Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 10:11 - Mar 21 with 2771 viewsdaveB

Sanderson replacing De Wijs looks a mistake, he's been pretty poor since coming in and seems to think hes far better on the ball that he actually is

Hendrick I'm struggling with, can see the idea behind him sharing game time with Johansen but they've played together a lot and he's not really added anything
Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 10:15 - Mar 21 with 2761 viewsterryb

I must apologise to Oslo for down voting him.

It was done in a childish moment for retaliation against his down voting others when they say anything against Hendrick. I know, at the age of 70 I shouldn't allow myself to tajke unbrage.

I confess to not understanding your views on the player. It can't be based on his performances for Rangers, or indeed on what I've seen from him playing for Burnley & Newcastle. I can't comment on his time at Derby as I can't remember him playing there.

The biggest problem with his signing is that it has upset the balance of the side & the unity of the squad appears to have disappeared. I doubt that this is due to the player, but when did reality change perceptions?
Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 10:17 - Mar 21 with 2755 viewsPunteR

Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 10:11 - Mar 21 by daveB

Sanderson replacing De Wijs looks a mistake, he's been pretty poor since coming in and seems to think hes far better on the ball that he actually is

Hendrick I'm struggling with, can see the idea behind him sharing game time with Johansen but they've played together a lot and he's not really added anything

De Wijs was always injured. I'm guessing that unreliability in the run up to playoffs was one reason to get Sanderson in. Maybe.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 10:26 - Mar 21 with 2737 viewsPunteR

If there is an upset in the dressing room Grey seems to be the one that looks aggy if his on field shenanigans are anything to go by.
Is his introduction causing rift between the strikers..??. I obviously don't know but something hasn't been right since Jan.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 10:28 - Mar 21 with 2732 viewsdaveB

Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 10:17 - Mar 21 by PunteR

De Wijs was always injured. I'm guessing that unreliability in the run up to playoffs was one reason to get Sanderson in. Maybe.?

yeah thats why they did it but Sanderson has missed 3 games through suspension and not done a great deal in the games he started. Not sure what De Wijs has done on his loan and if hes stayed fit or not
Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 13:15 - Mar 21 with 2604 viewsQPROslo

Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 08:43 - Mar 21 by Petros

I have much more of a problem with Sanderson starting instead of Barbet, than with Hendrick coming on, but should never have been for Amos.

By where they played It seemed to me Hendrick replaced Dozzell, Thomas replaced Amos, and Austin replaced Gray, even though the changes board showed it different. All happened at the same time too.
Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 13:27 - Mar 21 with 2558 viewsQPROslo

Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 10:15 - Mar 21 by terryb

I must apologise to Oslo for down voting him.

It was done in a childish moment for retaliation against his down voting others when they say anything against Hendrick. I know, at the age of 70 I shouldn't allow myself to tajke unbrage.

I confess to not understanding your views on the player. It can't be based on his performances for Rangers, or indeed on what I've seen from him playing for Burnley & Newcastle. I can't comment on his time at Derby as I can't remember him playing there.

The biggest problem with his signing is that it has upset the balance of the side & the unity of the squad appears to have disappeared. I doubt that this is due to the player, but when did reality change perceptions?

No problem Terry. I had never heard of Hendrick before he joined us, think he has been ok since he came, not great or bad either. Looks like cover for Johansen to me, with the experience that impressed Warburton.. I just dont get the criticism of him based on him not being what we needed, a striker ,WB whatever. That is not his fault.
Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 13:49 - Mar 21 with 2515 viewsAntti_Heinola

Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 10:17 - Mar 21 by PunteR

I think this exactly.
It's easy to be wise now (if premature. Can you be prematurely wise?), but that looked like a shrewd loan: to a man people on here were saying 'best player at Brum by a mile' and the like, and De Wijs was simply never fit. I think wanting 4 reliably fit CBs is a fair enough ask. Sanderson offered pace too which we struggle with at the back. I don't really have a problem with that signing, and think it's a bit early to be writing him off. People were having concerns about Dickie 10 games in, and he turned it round and matured as a player (even if he is struggling for form now). There's also the possibility that were/are looking at Sanderson as a summer signing, with Barbet potentially off (or even if he's not), so not a bad try-before-you-buy idea.

Hendrick made less sense. Now we've blown the play-offs, barring the sort of miracle that kept us in the Prem 10 years ago, he shouldn't start a game again, because surely we're not going to sign him. I could just about buy getting him as an extra experienced head for a run to the play-offs, but it hasn't really worked. He's not half as bad as some fans make out, but I'd rather have a young Dozzell getting experience than a veteran who's only on loan.

Bare bones.

Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 14:04 - Mar 21 with 2466 viewsdaveB

Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 13:49 - Mar 21 by Antti_Heinola

I think this exactly.
It's easy to be wise now (if premature. Can you be prematurely wise?), but that looked like a shrewd loan: to a man people on here were saying 'best player at Brum by a mile' and the like, and De Wijs was simply never fit. I think wanting 4 reliably fit CBs is a fair enough ask. Sanderson offered pace too which we struggle with at the back. I don't really have a problem with that signing, and think it's a bit early to be writing him off. People were having concerns about Dickie 10 games in, and he turned it round and matured as a player (even if he is struggling for form now). There's also the possibility that were/are looking at Sanderson as a summer signing, with Barbet potentially off (or even if he's not), so not a bad try-before-you-buy idea.

Hendrick made less sense. Now we've blown the play-offs, barring the sort of miracle that kept us in the Prem 10 years ago, he shouldn't start a game again, because surely we're not going to sign him. I could just about buy getting him as an extra experienced head for a run to the play-offs, but it hasn't really worked. He's not half as bad as some fans make out, but I'd rather have a young Dozzell getting experience than a veteran who's only on loan.

We also had Masterson and Kakay as well so were not short of defenders. I can see why they did it but it's turned into a bad decision. His defending for the 1st and 3rd goals yesterday was awful
Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 14:08 - Mar 21 with 2456 viewsR_from_afar

Bringing Sanderson and Hendrick in has not worked - so far - but we shouldn't blame all our recent woes on them.

Key players have been in poor form, unfit, injured or away. I rate Warbs but even I'll admit - as he has too in several cases - that he has got some of his selections and subs badly wrong.

There are a lot of reasons for our loss of form.

That said, we have still overachieved this season and I thank the manager for that.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 14:13 - Mar 21 with 2445 viewsbosh67

De Wijs has only made 5 starts for Fortuna Düsseldorf. I like him but he's never going to play like Barbet and makes Matthew Rose look like he was ever present. Sanderson is a strange one. Clearly talented, clearly not match fit, clearly prone to liability levels with lack of concentration. Hendrick is unlucky. Not his fault. He looks okay but for some reason, perhaps that we will never know, his presence in that midfield has really jolted the squad. H may well be a better technical player than Ball but Ball fits in to the mindset and ethos of this type of team much better. It's easy to make statements after the event but we had Bettache who played very decently last season, Masterson who people said wasn't up to it although I can't remember any evidence of him not being up to it. I'm not sure in retrospect if dropping Bettache and Masterson back into this team rather than the loans would have kept the balance in the squad better? And before anyone comes back with they weren't good enough, again I can't remember either one of them letting us down. Not that Hendrick or Sanderson have (apart from Sanderson's sending off) but I do believe that if you grow your own, you play your own. Bringing in experience from the Prem hasn't worked out this time.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 14:17 - Mar 21 with 2431 viewsLythamR

I think this exactly.

I suspect that a forensic examination would reveal that Hendrick has been no worse than average and possibly a bit better than that, some of the best passages of play that i can recall recently he has been involved.

He seems to have been cast as the Prime Suspect because our results have fallen off a cliff since he arrived but this is also when Chair and Dieng returned. I havent seen much in the body language of Hendrick to suggest he is a disruptive influence, if I was Sherlock Holmes looking to solve the mystery i would probably start with a closer look at Chair
Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 14:32 - Mar 21 with 2398 viewsMyke

I think this exactly.

I know yesterday's result was horrific Antti and we have a tough run in, but two points off sixth you can't really say we have 'blown the play-offs' Because we are in a down ward trajectory it feels that way, but I sincerely hope the players and management don't feel like that. And assuming they don't, I am guessing that Warburton will put out whatever team he feels best suits the occasion - whether that includes Hendrick (who I thought was the best of the 3 subs yesterday) is anybody's guess.
Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 15:33 - Mar 21 with 2302 viewsAntti_Heinola

Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 14:32 - Mar 21 by Myke

I know yesterday's result was horrific Antti and we have a tough run in, but two points off sixth you can't really say we have 'blown the play-offs' Because we are in a down ward trajectory it feels that way, but I sincerely hope the players and management don't feel like that. And assuming they don't, I am guessing that Warburton will put out whatever team he feels best suits the occasion - whether that includes Hendrick (who I thought was the best of the 3 subs yesterday) is anybody's guess.

Agree, Myke, but did qualify that by saying we'd need a run of epic proportions akin to our run in 10 years ago. It's possible, but I won't be laying any bets on it. I thought Thomas was by far the most effective sub yesterday.

Bare bones.

Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 15:34 - Mar 21 with 2300 viewsParkRoyalR

Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 14:17 - Mar 21 by LythamR

I suspect that a forensic examination would reveal that Hendrick has been no worse than average and possibly a bit better than that, some of the best passages of play that i can recall recently he has been involved.

He seems to have been cast as the Prime Suspect because our results have fallen off a cliff since he arrived but this is also when Chair and Dieng returned. I havent seen much in the body language of Hendrick to suggest he is a disruptive influence, if I was Sherlock Holmes looking to solve the mystery i would probably start with a closer look at Chair

Chair, as always, never gave up and worked his socks off yesterday,

But there was a moment in the 2nd Half when he received the ball on the left just outside the box, he had two defenders in front of him and Field totally un-marked dead centre on the edge of the box,

True to form, he put his head-down and ran straight towards the two, soon to be three defenders, and the chance was lost,

Willock, by comparison would have received the ball with his head up and immediately seen Field unmarked in a great shooting position,

Small margins, but that is largely the difference our results in January and February, our attack is very reliant on a match-fit Willock, as it was with Eze, as they make other players and the team much better.
Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 15:49 - Mar 21 with 2270 viewsAntti_Heinola

Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 14:04 - Mar 21 by daveB

We also had Masterson and Kakay as well so were not short of defenders. I can see why they did it but it's turned into a bad decision. His defending for the 1st and 3rd goals yesterday was awful

Well Masterson was on loan, so not really but agree - Kakay is a useful back-up, but he can't be our number one and only back up the CB positions can he? Agree about the goals yesterday though, Marriott tore him apart. But Sanderson has also barely played for us, find it hard to even characterise it as a bad decision to loan him. He's had a sort of Danny Shittu start to his loan, and we saw how that turned out in the end.

I think the truth is there are a raft of factors that have contributed to us faltering so badly. It's not a bad loan or two, it's not the idea that Chair is somehow to blame, it's a number of things that could include the players 'freezing' a bit as success became more of a probable; i think the pretty poor form and fitness over the season of Austin and Johansen has been a big factor and I think MW has a right to have expected more from them; Dykes's continual injuries; goalie injuries; Adomah running out of steam a bit; left wing back never being settled; Warbs perhaps not being able to instil belief in the players that they can take that final step; and so on. I think we can point a lot of fingers to a lot of issues, but it's definitely not simply: 'Chair came back from AFCON'; 'Amos isn't playing anough'; 'one loan player has made everyone else really sad'. It might be those things, but none of them taken as singular things add up to this sort of run.

The other bigger thought is the scarier one of maybe we just aren't that good, and were carried along by a series of narrow wins, often with goals scored very late on, that propelled us to a higher position than we were destined to finish. I think there are very few games this season where we have properly been the better side - I don't mean we need to win ore games 5-0, but if you look there's a real lack of wins by more than the odd goal - only five times all season in fact and only one since mid-Nov. Other than Reading, I still think Bristol C at home might have been our best performance - and we lost.

Bare bones.

Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 15:51 - Mar 21 with 2257 viewsdaveB

Premiershite Loans During Transfer Window on 14:17 - Mar 21 by LythamR

Chair has looked miserable for weeks now. Yesterday was the first time I've seen him laugh and smile during a game at 1-0 when the ref drew the spray line over his boots. He looks like he is struggling to find his form again, thought he battled well yesterday and was one of the few who kept going second half but he hasn't looked right for a while.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024