Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I still love this team 19:52 - Apr 6 with 2654 viewsBAWHoops

I've realised that failing to make the play offs bothers me so much because I genuinely love this group of players, manager and staff.
I wanted it for them, something for this rag tag bunch of misfits who have given us an amazing 12 months (especially when Covid times were so tough).
I've seen us win the Play Offs and reach the Prem, not really something I'm desperate for again.. but this group... man I wanted them to taste it.

So many wonderful stories... the 35 year old wing backs defying their age. The brick sh*thouse defender with a thunderbstard shot and a touch like a velvet glove. The French centre back who wants to take on the world. Dom Ball with flailing arms and kicking legs not really sure where the ball will end up.
Amos and Field, tossed aside by their illustrious clubs and picked up by us and nursed back to health.
A dwarf and an older, less talented brother of a Premier League player ripping the division to shreds. The returning club hero to get us out the mire and set us on our way. A Scotstralian who schtupped his former managers wife and changes his hair every week.

It's a mental, crazy bunch that is just PROPER QPR. A proper cult team this and I'm sad they will have nothing to show for it. Won't be spoken about like Warnock's men, Ollie's scoundrels or Gerry's top side in London.
I haven't enjoyed going to QPR and watching us play this much in close to 10 years.

We'll likely part ways with Warbs come summer and the out of contract players will go along with Willock, Dieng etc and before we know it the whole place will look different.
But for 12 months, in this league, nobody shone brighter than Queens Park Rangers

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

I still love this team on 22:25 - Apr 6 with 2431 viewsdaveB

brilliant post and sums up how i feel. I am just sad and gutted that this team I have really enjoyed is getting all sorts of stick at the moment with attitudes etc questioned, I really hope they can pull a few wins out before the end of the season and end on a bit of a high
I still love this team on 10:06 - Apr 7 with 2201 viewsTheChef

Well said that man.

Planning to be at the last home game of the season with the family to show the players and staff some proper appreciation (hopefully it won't be ruined by the usual minority of numpties going on the pitch).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

I still love this team on 10:24 - Apr 7 with 2180 viewsngbqpr

Brilliantly summarised BAW.

Heartwarming to see the upvotes for these sentiments too - I sometimes have to remind myself to check those when the noise gets too loud.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

I still love this team on 10:38 - Apr 7 with 2156 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well said.

I've really enjoyed this team and manager, and the last few years have really rekindled my love affair with Rangers.

Hope we keep Warburton and the team bounce back.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

I still love this team on 10:39 - Apr 7 with 2157 viewsrobith

100%.

I'm actually thinking of skipping the final 2 home games cos I'm just so jaded by it all. Having to sit next to my dad's empty seat cos he's too ill to come, watching the team grind to a halt and everything get so toxic - I'd rather just remember how much fun I've had this season rather than wallow in its lethargic end
I still love this team on 10:43 - Apr 7 with 2143 viewsflitwickhoop

Couldn't agree with this more, have said what the majority of us are feeling. It's why it hurts so much because they're such a loveable team.

Call me romantic but throughout the season I always had visions of Charlie being held aloft walking around the pitch at W12 having secured our place in the play off final, a night talked about in similar tones to the Oldham classic. It just wasn't meant to be.
I still love this team on 10:55 - Apr 7 with 2132 viewsPaddyhoops

I have been a member for many years now and get to most home games but I will be getting a season ticket for the first time in the next few weeks.
Love this club . Don't expect to be anywhere near the premier leauge but who cares.
From a mental and social point of view it's fantastic and as long my health holds up I plan to be coming to HQ for many years to come.
I still love this team on 11:31 - Apr 7 with 2066 viewsEsox_Lucius

I hope MW isn't binned off at the end of the season; other than that...

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

I still love this team on 12:34 - Apr 7 with 1979 viewsRangersw12

Brilliant post I echo the sentiments in this thread.

I'm really sad and gutted how it's turned out but have some great memories of this season. Especially taking my two eldest kids to their first away game at Coventry

Hope we can end on a high as this team and manager deserve a lap of honour at the Sheff United game
I still love this team on 14:14 - Apr 7 with 1842 viewslosethedrum

Yes this is what i have been saying , i would rather watch these players in the championship next season than go to the prem & completely gut the side out replacing them with uncaring mercenaries again .
We have had a glimpse of this already with Hendrick & sanderson , not that they were not trying but the team spirit nosedived after an unbeaten jan when we replaced some of the players that achieved that .
If it isn't broken don't try to fix it .
I still love this team on 18:10 - Apr 7 with 1664 viewsPunteR

I've got mixed feelings on this thread. Yes this team has given us some great moments that we can cherish. To stay in the top six for over half the season is an achievement and deserves credit. However, if this team throw it away and finish 16th or something can we really put this team amongst other worthy teams of the past ?
They're kinda pissing me off a bit atm.
I still like this team but its so frustrating to see this downward trajectory when we all know they can do better.

[Post edited 7 Apr 2022 18:20]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

I still love this team on 19:19 - Apr 7 with 1600 viewsted_hendrix

At abut 10pm Tuesday night I was in no mood for still *loving* this team quite the opposite in fact I thought they were a bunch of useless tossers.
Wednesday morning still the same until Wednesday afternoon when I started to like them a little bit again.
This morning and this afternoon I'm in a "well yes they're alright I suppose" mood.
Tomorrow I'll probably be a bit blasé about them and by Saturday 3.00pm I'll hopefully be almost back in love with them (almost).
By Saturday 5.00pm I'll probably be asking for a divorce if the current losing trend continues.

Hears a quote from probably the worst film ever made that I was forced to watch;

*"Love means never having to say you're sorry"*

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

I still love this team on 22:29 - Apr 7 with 1502 viewsbosh67

Despite this horrendous run where we have seemingly grabbed mid table out of the hands of an unlikely shot at a play-off position I think we absolutely have to give Warburton more time next season to continue to shape the squad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

I still love this team on 22:41 - Apr 7 with 1482 viewsstainrods_elbow

I love and hate them right now - all of them. As The Pretenders once put it, there's a thin line between the two passions (or perhaps, as Warburton might less catchily put it, 'fine margins').
[Post edited 7 Apr 2022 22:42]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

I still love this team on 23:26 - Apr 7 with 1439 viewsqueensparker

Great post mate, exactly how I feel.

I didn’t realise how much QPR being brilliant was keeping me going during these sh-tty times until we started being crap again. Looking forward to games was a rare treat when there was f-k all else to do.

Would hate this to end with Warbuton being bombed out and us reverting to 16th again under whoever we ship in. It really felt like we were going places in January, surely give him the chance to learn and fix it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024