Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The case for Eustace 10:50 - Apr 28 with 14408 viewsHeadington

Well-regarded, promising young manager. Turned down two championship jobs to stay at QPR.

Knows squad and can continue to develop young players following excellent job by Warburton.

Aware of club's position and realistic about prospects.

Wouldn't cost a lot.
The case for Eustace on 21:14 - Apr 28 with 3968 viewsblacky2013

Warnocks available
The case for Eustace on 09:27 - Apr 29 with 3643 viewsHeadington

Still a little bemused that he has not been mentioned much. Will owners be preparing an announcement that he and rest of coaching staff will be leaving, or is there any chance they will look at the response of fans and genuinely opt for some continuity?
The case for Eustace on 09:38 - Apr 29 with 3602 viewsjeffranger

The case for Eustace on 09:27 - Apr 29 by Headington

Still a little bemused that he has not been mentioned much. Will owners be preparing an announcement that he and rest of coaching staff will be leaving, or is there any chance they will look at the response of fans and genuinely opt for some continuity?

Well in that statement they was thanking Eustace & the other bloke for their efforts, so to me he’s going as well
The case for Eustace on 09:44 - Apr 29 with 3586 viewsAntti_Heinola

I can't imagine a world where they make this momentous decision, then just give the job to his assistant. Unless they get desperate in a month's time, which is of course possible.

Bare bones.

The case for Eustace on 09:47 - Apr 29 with 3577 viewsHeadington

The case for Eustace on 09:38 - Apr 29 by jeffranger

Well in that statement they was thanking Eustace & the other bloke for their efforts, so to me he’s going as well

Didn't see that in the owners/CEO statement. Might have missed it. Warburton mentions the coaching staff in his though.
The case for Eustace on 09:55 - Apr 29 with 3558 viewsRBlock

The case for Eustace on 20:29 - Apr 28 by LongsufferingR

The wording on the statement makes it sound like it won't be an appointment from within. Amongst all the dross being mentioned, I'm a bit surprised that Neil Critchley doesn't seem to be on many people's radar. Would seem to fit the bill for me.

I'd walk over hot coals for Critchley, although imagine he would cost a few quid. Don't know what his contract situation is at Blackpool. I'd also take Ian Evatt at Bolton and Rob Edwards at Forest Green Rovers - not sure if someone else already mentioned them.
The case for Eustace on 10:32 - Apr 29 with 3522 viewsslmrstid

The case for Eustace on 09:55 - Apr 29 by RBlock

I'd walk over hot coals for Critchley, although imagine he would cost a few quid. Don't know what his contract situation is at Blackpool. I'd also take Ian Evatt at Bolton and Rob Edwards at Forest Green Rovers - not sure if someone else already mentioned them.

I can't say I know much about League One/Two to say anything about Evatt, but as far as the FGR bloke goes - he might be a great manager - but he's also at a club that is outspending the rest of the division by a significant amount so I'd be a bit wary of an appointment like that.

Bit like Brian Talbot at Rushden & Diamonds twenty years ago - everyone thought he was great for taking them from the Conference to Division Two (now League One) but then the money ran out and he was found wanting because he couldn't just outspend the rest of the league anymore, did rubbish at Oldham or someone like that with no budget and basically barely managed again.
The case for Eustace on 10:43 - Apr 29 with 3500 viewscaliforniahoop

The case for Eustace on 15:42 - Apr 28 by TheChef

No experience of being a number 1 elsewhere, and it can be tricky to transition to that having been a number 2; how do you earn the respect of the players, and so forth?

Happy for him to be given the chance, but I'm not sure it will work out.

Steve Cooper and several other young mangers out there at present got opportunities in the championship as first jobs and have done extremely well, doesn’t always have to be a “name” give him a go.
Login to get fewer ads

The case for Eustace on 10:59 - Apr 29 with 3451 viewsWelsh_Ranger

The case for Eustace on 10:43 - Apr 29 by californiahoop

Steve Cooper and several other young mangers out there at present got opportunities in the championship as first jobs and have done extremely well, doesn’t always have to be a “name” give him a go.

There was a nice peice on Matt Taylor the Exeter boss the other day profiling how hes changed the setup and focused on youth and pros that had failed at other clubs. As others have said i dont know enough about league two but he seems like a forward thinking young coach.

I sit in the camp that would contemplate Critchley, Robins or someone of that ilk.
The case for Eustace on 11:09 - May 1 with 3098 viewsHeadington

The Athletic reporting Watford are considering Eustace (among others). https://theathletic.com/3284654/2022/05/01/after-strange-lack-of-substitutions-i
The case for Eustace on 11:14 - May 1 with 3077 viewskropotkin41

So much depends on how bad things are behind the scenes, I imagine, the level of toxicity. Eustace might not fancy it if it has, as seems pretty likely, turned to a nasty horror show behind the scenes.

If he stays as the next manager and we were to have a few good results and finish in 16th, I swear I'll be chuffed.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

The case for Eustace on 11:15 - May 1 with 3076 viewssexton

The case for Eustace on 16:37 - Apr 28 by davman

As daveb says, no.2s becoming no.1s rarely works out.

I have no idea; I know that whoever we get will have to do something that never happens to QPR managers, which is to hit the ground running or we'll all be wasting energy slagging them off for being useless by September.

Bob Paisley did OK.
The case for Eustace on 11:16 - May 1 with 3073 viewsPunteR

The case for Eustace on 11:09 - May 1 by Headington

The Athletic reporting Watford are considering Eustace (among others). https://theathletic.com/3284654/2022/05/01/after-strange-lack-of-substitutions-i

Risky appointment for them I would imagine, having never managed a club before.
I can see Warburton going there.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The case for Eustace on 11:19 - May 1 with 3063 viewsNortholt_Rs

The case for Eustace on 11:23 - Apr 28 by francisbowles

He was also here with the McClaren collapse but managed to keep us up in his brief stint and, was reportedly, instrumental in helping MW overhaul the squad and turn the club around.

Yes I agree with you about MW but if he is leaving, we mustn't let a candidate like Eustace slip through our fingers, after four years at the club and turning down other offers. He still has his assistant from Kidderminster days here as well to help him.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 11:26]

We are currently 12th in the Championship and could end up 16th after the final game. That is some ‘turn around’…

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The case for Eustace on 11:38 - May 1 with 3028 viewsCamberleyR

The case for Eustace on 11:15 - May 1 by sexton

Bob Paisley did OK.

As did Joe Fagan.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The case for Eustace on 11:42 - May 1 with 3019 viewsCamberleyR

The case for Eustace on 16:35 - Apr 28 by davman

If his legacy is solely to have bought Willock to the club, then that'd be enough for me!

More likely to have been Banfield. They were both at Arsenal at the same time so doesn't take a genius to put two and two together.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The case for Eustace on 13:05 - May 1 with 2920 viewsMedwayR

Critchley would be a great appointment but I can't see it happening.

I'd happily give Eustace a go. Build with a young manager and a young team, add a few to the core of Dieng, Dickie, Dunne, Field, Amos, Chair, Willock and we could grow into a very decent team.

Poll: Who’s better?

The case for Eustace on 14:03 - May 1 with 2780 viewsSonofpugwash

Roy Hodgson is leaving Watford at the end of the season and they're looking at Eustace to replace him.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

The case for Eustace on 23:09 - May 1 with 2570 viewsnumptydumpty

We have put ourselves into a much riskier outcome for next season.

With Warburton, I feel mid table at worst next season.

Whoever comes in, seen as Conte, Mourinho or Pep are out of our budget, any appointment is a risk.

Eustace seems to attract interest from several and the fact he turned down offers at similar clubs suggests for whatever reasons he is thought of well.

If so, we have seen him in action, so if he does have something then it would be stupid not to give him a chance.

Assuming he turned down offers because he expected us to be successful here.

Tbh Warburton has been hung out to dry due to injury issues.

It s a pain in the butt !!!!

Tbh I have zero idea as to who could do well but hope the owners and head honchoes now because my actual ideal choice for new manager is Mark Warburton !!!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

The case for Eustace on 07:52 - May 2 with 2345 viewsBklynRanger

It somehow makes a lot less sense to me than it would have 8 or 10 months ago.

He's just taken on that assistant manager role for Ireland and may not want to back out of it to concentrate on us.

That and the need to understand how wrapped up he has been in the collapse, and failure to respond to it. He was obviously pretty central to everything so can't escape without some level of responsibility.

He did do a nice job as caretaker for us last time, though the results didn't totally reflect it. I wouldn't be surprised to see him asked to do that again if necessary, in fact they may be counting on that possibility.
The case for Eustace on 10:16 - May 2 with 2157 viewsfrancisbowles

The case for Eustace on 07:52 - May 2 by BklynRanger

It somehow makes a lot less sense to me than it would have 8 or 10 months ago.

He's just taken on that assistant manager role for Ireland and may not want to back out of it to concentrate on us.

That and the need to understand how wrapped up he has been in the collapse, and failure to respond to it. He was obviously pretty central to everything so can't escape without some level of responsibility.

He did do a nice job as caretaker for us last time, though the results didn't totally reflect it. I wouldn't be surprised to see him asked to do that again if necessary, in fact they may be counting on that possibility.

He was appointed as a coach not assistant manager. So easier to leave if he was offered our Manager's position.
The case for Eustace on 10:36 - May 2 with 2123 viewsTHEBUSH

Apparently there is going to be a new manager selection process?

Similar to when Mark Warburton was appointed our manager, as he was the best candidate?.

If Eustace wants the job , I suppose he"ll have to apply ?

If any up and coming managers, want the job, they will have to apply, as well.
The case for Eustace on 11:46 - May 2 with 2033 viewsdmm

They really should be well into the recruitment process now as the decision on Warburton must have been taken some time ago. With this season over on Saturday and the new season starting earlier, work on transfers must start quickly. The new appointee and his team will have to hit the ground running,
The case for Eustace on 11:49 - May 2 with 2023 viewskropotkin41

The case for Eustace on 11:46 - May 2 by dmm

They really should be well into the recruitment process now as the decision on Warburton must have been taken some time ago. With this season over on Saturday and the new season starting earlier, work on transfers must start quickly. The new appointee and his team will have to hit the ground running,

Well, you say they should be well into the recruitment process by now, but didn't I read on here somewhere that there was a board meeting on Friday that went on so long it nearly crashed kick-off time? It sounds to me like they're well into the shooting-ourselves-in-the-foot process rather than anything else. I hope I'm wrong.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

The case for Eustace on 18:46 - May 3 with 1747 viewsqprrunner

Players are sick of his training. No chance of this happening.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024