Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You Have To Emigrate 10:32 - Sep 5 with 12898 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A combination of the local constabulary, the revenue and VAR have given you no choice. You have to go.

But you can live anywhere in the World you like. You have enough cash but you'll need a local job just to keep bread on the table.

Where's the dream?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

You Have To Emigrate on 12:27 - Sep 6 with 1714 viewshubble

The Baltic island of Bornholm, for me. Never been there, but I'd love to go there soon. I can't even remember how I discovered it now, maybe I was looking for European island havens. I like the idea of living on a relatively small, self-sufficient island, because if the shit does hit the fan, you've got a better chance of surviving. Also I prefer it not to be too hot. And this place looks and sounds gorgeous to me: https://www.visitdenmark.com/denmark/destinations/bornholm

I would work part-time as a local shaman.

:)

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

You Have To Emigrate on 12:35 - Sep 6 with 1679 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

You Have To Emigrate on 12:27 - Sep 6 by hubble

The Baltic island of Bornholm, for me. Never been there, but I'd love to go there soon. I can't even remember how I discovered it now, maybe I was looking for European island havens. I like the idea of living on a relatively small, self-sufficient island, because if the shit does hit the fan, you've got a better chance of surviving. Also I prefer it not to be too hot. And this place looks and sounds gorgeous to me: https://www.visitdenmark.com/denmark/destinations/bornholm

I would work part-time as a local shaman.

:)

Faroe Islands have always intrigued me, Cetacean bothering aside.
You Have To Emigrate on 13:07 - Sep 6 with 1610 viewsKonk

I love loads of cities in Spain, France, and Italy, but couldn’t handle the summers. Scandinavia would be too cold/dark in the winter. Somewhere like NZ, I would love to live for part of the year, but it’s just too far from home to live there full-time. So, I’m going to go with Utrecht. Been there loads of times and think it’s a great size, beautiful, fantastic for cycling and canoeing, and the public transport is great. Loads of good bars and decent places to eat. Easy to get to loads of other Dutch and continental cities by train, and relatively close to London. No problems with the climate/dangerous wildlife and every bugger speaks English. Plus one of my best mates lives there and my oldest friend lives down the road in Amsterdam.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

You Have To Emigrate on 13:21 - Sep 6 with 1591 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Here’s one out of Left field, but I just had the weekend of my life in Belgrade.

Like a cheaper, grittier Berlin where the people are friendly and weather is great.
You Have To Emigrate on 13:38 - Sep 6 with 1549 viewsBklynRanger

You Have To Emigrate on 13:21 - Sep 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Here’s one out of Left field, but I just had the weekend of my life in Belgrade.

Like a cheaper, grittier Berlin where the people are friendly and weather is great.

We spent a week in Zagreb last summer and liked it there too. In fact there's a pretty long list of places I would live for a year no problem - a certain amount of it has got to be boredom, but the list gets longer all the time.
You Have To Emigrate on 13:40 - Sep 6 with 1552 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

You Have To Emigrate on 13:38 - Sep 6 by BklynRanger

We spent a week in Zagreb last summer and liked it there too. In fact there's a pretty long list of places I would live for a year no problem - a certain amount of it has got to be boredom, but the list gets longer all the time.

Yeah I leave everywhere I go planning to live there one day.
You Have To Emigrate on 15:20 - Sep 6 with 1494 viewsMick_S

Northern Ireland for us. If the stars align it’ll hopefully happen in a couple of years. I love the place and the rotten weather.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

You Have To Emigrate on 19:54 - Sep 6 with 1362 viewshantssi

You Have To Emigrate on 10:39 - Sep 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Guéthary.

I think this would do for me. A small village in the Basque Country, just south of Biarritz. A nice climate, nice local food and wine, a language I could re-learn in time and a sweet reef wave in the harbour for sunrise and sunset surfs.

During the day, I'd probably take a job waiting at the café on the pier, giving surf tips to the passing surf groms. "A nine inch centre fin, Mademoiselle? Non, non, non, may I suggest a three-fin set-up for sharper turns? C'est Moi".

I could see out my years there.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2022 10:40]

Lovely part of the world, stayed in St Jean de Luz about a dozen years ago , also close to the mountains for skiing as well.
On the other side of the Pyrenees there’s Perpignan, same as above but on the Med.
I’d add Toronto to the list as well, lovely city, friendly people.
Login to get fewer ads

You Have To Emigrate on 19:55 - Sep 6 with 1361 viewsShotKneesHoop

Ive told my grandkids to go to Australia if they get the chance, Oz has morphed into what the UK should have been. Sport is their religion,
[Post edited 6 Sep 2022 19:56]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

You Have To Emigrate on 21:23 - Sep 6 with 1296 viewsdistortR

You Have To Emigrate on 19:55 - Sep 6 by ShotKneesHoop

Ive told my grandkids to go to Australia if they get the chance, Oz has morphed into what the UK should have been. Sport is their religion,

got a lot going for it, but I lived in Adelaide for 4 years, worked,and lived, in not so good areas, massive drug problems etc.
You Have To Emigrate on 21:51 - Sep 6 with 1263 viewsSheffieldHoop

You Have To Emigrate on 21:23 - Sep 6 by distortR

got a lot going for it, but I lived in Adelaide for 4 years, worked,and lived, in not so good areas, massive drug problems etc.

I stayed in West Footscray in Melbourne for a while and experienced similar. Did not meet expectations.

In answer to the OP, I'll go with Carmel by the Sea.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

You Have To Emigrate on 22:44 - Sep 6 with 1229 viewsKonk

You Have To Emigrate on 19:54 - Sep 6 by hantssi

Lovely part of the world, stayed in St Jean de Luz about a dozen years ago , also close to the mountains for skiing as well.
On the other side of the Pyrenees there’s Perpignan, same as above but on the Med.
I’d add Toronto to the list as well, lovely city, friendly people.

Perpignan is lovely. Toronto - really enjoyed a week in Toronto visiting friends, and would probably top my North American options, but not sure I could do too many of their winters. I just need a bit of not too hot and not too cold, with heavy drizzle rather than tropical storms.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

You Have To Emigrate on 22:52 - Sep 6 with 1215 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

You Have To Emigrate on 22:44 - Sep 6 by Konk

Perpignan is lovely. Toronto - really enjoyed a week in Toronto visiting friends, and would probably top my North American options, but not sure I could do too many of their winters. I just need a bit of not too hot and not too cold, with heavy drizzle rather than tropical storms.

Have you ever considered Bristol? 🙂

Poll: Expectations for this season?

You Have To Emigrate on 23:41 - Sep 6 with 1148 viewsSydneyRs

You Have To Emigrate on 19:55 - Sep 6 by ShotKneesHoop

Not good sport though, too much cricket and swimming.

But yes, its in some ways like the UK but with better weather and economy.
You Have To Emigrate on 01:33 - Sep 7 with 1106 viewsLoftgirl

You Have To Emigrate on 23:41 - Sep 6 by SydneyRs

Not good sport though, too much cricket and swimming.

But yes, its in some ways like the UK but with better weather and economy.

I'll take this off as I seem to have upset BklynRanger.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 6:35]
You Have To Emigrate on 01:50 - Sep 7 with 1099 viewsSydneyRs

You Have To Emigrate on 01:33 - Sep 7 by Loftgirl

Same. Miss family, going to football and old friends. Not a lot else, especially the way things have gone there over the last few years.
You Have To Emigrate on 04:23 - Sep 7 with 1059 viewsWA_Hoop

You Have To Emigrate on 01:50 - Sep 7 by SydneyRs

Same. Miss family, going to football and old friends. Not a lot else, especially the way things have gone there over the last few years.

Ditto

I've been living in Perth for 15 years now. Blighty definitely still pulls on the old heartstrings but I know I've conveniently airbrushed all the 'not so good aspects' from my memory, aspects which seemed to have sadly multiplied over recent years.
You Have To Emigrate on 04:35 - Sep 7 with 1054 viewsWA_Hoop

You Have To Emigrate on 10:39 - Sep 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Guéthary.

I think this would do for me. A small village in the Basque Country, just south of Biarritz. A nice climate, nice local food and wine, a language I could re-learn in time and a sweet reef wave in the harbour for sunrise and sunset surfs.

During the day, I'd probably take a job waiting at the café on the pier, giving surf tips to the passing surf groms. "A nine inch centre fin, Mademoiselle? Non, non, non, may I suggest a three-fin set-up for sharper turns? C'est Moi".

I could see out my years there.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2022 10:40]

Have you ever considered a fish tail with a quad fin set-up? Certainly good in smaller surf but also bigger hollow waves too.
You Have To Emigrate on 04:57 - Sep 7 with 1048 viewssilky

I did 10 years ago to New Zealand.

Best best decision I ever made. F#ck the UK and what's it's turned into. My family still live there and they are often miserable with everyday life as a Brit.

I do miss being English and we have a lot to be proud of but living there isn't one of them. Sad times!

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

You Have To Emigrate on 06:22 - Sep 7 with 1022 viewsBklynRanger

NM
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 11:02]
You Have To Emigrate on 07:01 - Sep 7 with 983 viewsBklynRanger

You Have To Emigrate on 01:33 - Sep 7 by Loftgirl

Sorry, some of us wake up a bit grumpy in old Blighty....
You Have To Emigrate on 08:31 - Sep 7 with 945 viewsngbqpr

You Have To Emigrate on 06:22 - Sep 7 by BklynRanger

NM
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 11:02]

OP asks for ideas of places to emigrate to.

People who have already emigrated give feedback on how it's gone.

Seems to be some correlation? :)

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

You Have To Emigrate on 09:09 - Sep 7 with 893 viewsted_hendrix

You Have To Emigrate on 04:23 - Sep 7 by WA_Hoop

Ditto

I've been living in Perth for 15 years now. Blighty definitely still pulls on the old heartstrings but I know I've conveniently airbrushed all the 'not so good aspects' from my memory, aspects which seemed to have sadly multiplied over recent years.

For all this Country's faults It's still a great place to live.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

You Have To Emigrate on 09:12 - Sep 7 with 890 viewsBklynRanger

You Have To Emigrate on 08:31 - Sep 7 by ngbqpr

OP asks for ideas of places to emigrate to.

People who have already emigrated give feedback on how it's gone.

Seems to be some correlation? :)

In those cases, absolutely - fair point well made.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 11:03]
You Have To Emigrate on 09:26 - Sep 7 with 876 viewsFaurlinho

Anywhere in the Gers region of S.W. France, but I’d opt for the small town of Lectoure. Architecturally stunning, great people, knock-out countryside within range of the pyrenees and a bar the New York Times named as one of the world’s best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024